jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

I was a 360 guy last generation, this generation ive been on the ps4 bandwagon. Its a solid console, has some good exclusives. But a major thing is missing for me.

Where is the multiplayer??? Like i understand multi-plats are still supported, battlefield, C.O.D, titanfall, overwatch. But seriously Sony has no descent multiplayer exclusives. As someone who greatly enjoys competitive multiplayer it kinda sucks. I actually miss halo and gears a lot. Seems like a missed opportunity by Sony, Im not the only gamer with a ps4 who enjoys a solid multiplayer experience.

Sony puts so much time into storytelling single player games but put absolutely nothing into multiplayer, like they don't even try. (Uncharted 4 multiplayer) What was that crap, might as well not even put it in the game.

I wonder if Sony will ever come out with an exclusive that is multiplayer focused. Single player is great but (20-30 hours) But a great multiplayer experience can keep you coming back on and off for many years. (1000s of hours).

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

You can play Knack co-op, if that counts as multiplayer

Avatar image for eyeboonseyebrow
EyeBoonsEyebrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 EyeBoonsEyebrow
Member since 2018 • 280 Posts

Go play Xbox then. The best multiplayer games are 3rd party anyway.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jeezers

@eyeboonseyebrow: gotta get a 4k tv first. But still it doesn't bother you Sony hasn't made not one solid multiplayer experience?

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

Who cares? For multiplayer I have my overwatch, Diablo and other games, I'm fine with Sony not investing in multiplayers, let the 3rd parties do it.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ReCloud

@MonsieurX: bloodborne too

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

Gran Turismo isn't a thing?

Uncharted (even though you knock it)?

They don't have a huge strain on it, true. But they still have their own games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Bloodborne has multiplayer. I guess.

Avatar image for eyeboonseyebrow
EyeBoonsEyebrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 EyeBoonsEyebrow
Member since 2018 • 280 Posts

@jeezers said:

@eyeboonseyebrow: gotta get a 4k tv first. But still it doesn't bother you Sony hasn't made not one solid multiplayer experience?

The Last of Us and Bloodborne both have good multiplayer but nope, I much prefer Sony do what they do best and that's single player.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10  Edited By Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Well, no one has that.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#11 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Uncharted, TLOU, Bloodborne, Everybody’s Golf, Dead Nation, Alienation all are multiplayer exclusive. Their varying appeal is another matter.

Also many people overlook Helldivers, though it’s no longer exclusive.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jeezers

You guys are reaching with with last of us and bloodborne, id hardly consider them solid multiplayer experiences, especially in regards to competitive multiplayer. Only game listed i can get behind is gran turismo, but racing is its own thing imo.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#13 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9727 Posts

The Wipeout Omega Collection also has online and offline multiplayer.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@jeezers said:

You guys are reaching with with last of us and bloodborne, id hardly consider them solid multiplayer experiences, especially in regards to competitive multiplayer. Only game listed i can get behind is gran turismo, but racing is its own thing imo.

Your thread title says 'no' mp exclusives. Now you are walking it back. You're also conveniently forgetting that PSVR has a ton of MP games. Quality ones at that.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

It may be dead but KZSF has MP.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shewgenja

Fact is, VR is the next frontier in multiplayer games. Battle Royale is fresh, but it's also derivative of so many other online MP deathmatch style games. The fact Sony is going into the VR realm is a huge leg up on what you will find on other consoles.

Larsa_Ferrinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Larsa_Ferrinas
Member since 2007 • 192 Posts

@jeezers: Death Stranding will have innovative multiplayer.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#18 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@jeezers:

Multiplayer is stupid, anyway. All your work at some point will eventually disappear once the game is deemed obsolete by the next trend. Good riddance, I say.

And if you want multiplayer so bad and miss Halo, then just buy an Xbox One and get Halo 5 and Gears 4! Who says that you can't have both?

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

MLB The Show.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jeezers

@Shewgenja: those aren't good multiplayer games, they are good single player games with a mp mode tacked on. People don't look at last of us or bloodbourne as multiplayer games. I didn't back track, of course some Sony games have multiplayer, but the multiplayer isnt good, or the main draw to the game, because it is lackluster multiplayer. It's not the games fault tho, they were made mainly for single player. Makes sense the multiplayer isnt very good. It was tacked on

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jeezers

@GameboyTroy: I do love some Wipeout, great collection. But are remasters from previous generations. If this is the peak of Sony's exclusive multiplayer. I'd say that's not very good.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts

I love how the Sony fanboys say "Let the 3rd parties do it" Why? Nintendo manages to do both. Even Microsoft managed at one point.

Sony are like Ubisoft, only know how to do one thing now.

Why can't I leave AAA SP games to 3rd parties then? Well to be honest outside of graphics 3rd party AAA SP games are better than Sony's offerings anyway.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Kali-B1rd

@Shewgenja said:

Fact is, VR is the next frontier in multiplayer games. Battle Royale is fresh, but it's also derivative of so many other online MP deathmatch style games. The fact Sony is going into the VR realm is a huge leg up on what you will find on other consoles.

You'l need to back that up with something concrete before you call it a fact, as its not even a fact that VR will become big, let alone MP gaming in it.

BAttle Royale and Moba's are the biggest things in online gaming.... what magic VR experiences are going to compete with games that have as many people playing now at one time years later than VR headsets sold?

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jeezers

@kali-b1rd said:

I love how the Sony fanboys say "Let the 3rd parties do it" Why? Nintendo manages to do both. Even Microsoft managed at one point.

Sony are like Ubisoft, only know how to do one thing now.

Why can't I leave AAA SP games to 3rd parties then? Well to be honest outside of graphics 3rd party AAA SP games are better than Sony's offerings anyway.

agreed. that argument is bogus

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jeezers

@kali-b1rd said:
@Shewgenja said:

You'l need to back that up with something concrete before you call it a fact, as its not even a fact that VR will become big, let alone MP gaming in it.

BAttle Royale and Moba's are the biggest things in online gaming.... what magic VR experiences are going to compete with games that have as many people playing now at one time years later than VR headsets sold?

Seriously what PS vr multiplayer is booming? I hardly even have heard of a great psvr game especially multiplayer game. most people i know on playstation dont even have the vr headset.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Sony doesn't know how to do MP.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Shewgenja

@jeezers said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@Shewgenja said:

Seriously what PS vr multiplayer is booming? I hardly even have heard of a great psvr game especially multiplayer game. most people i know on playstation dont even have the vr headset.

First it had to be "good" and now it needs to be "booming" which I assume means some arbitrary attach rate the way this is going.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Kali-B1rd

@jeezers said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@Shewgenja said:

Indeed.

I don't know why PS4 fanboys want Sony to be pigeon holed into SP AAA games, its not like they make a great deal of them.

I've been looking to fill in any exclusive gaps, so far I've played:

Uncharted 4

Uncharted 4.1

Horizon

Last Gaurdian

Infamous SS (medicore)

Infamouse SS FL ( SS1.1)

Killzone (terrible)

Still to play:

Ratchet

God of War

What else is there? from Sony publushing? 5 years, 80 million "For the Gamers" .... and the list is so small.

Thier SP AAA scene is incredibly overblown, and they fail time and time again to branch out from that formular. Sure they buy things like Bloodborne and Gravity Rush and Spiderman... but any Big Publisher can do that.

Only Nintendo are coping well across the board with variety.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Kali-B1rd

@Shewgenja said:
@jeezers said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@Shewgenja said:

First it had to be "good" and now it needs to be "booming" which I assume means some arbitrary attach rate the way this is going.

giving proof of "good" or even "noticable" would be a good start...

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ReCloud

@Shewgenja: of course it is, Lems try in a daily basis to create narrative to undermine Sony, now their new one is "Sony has no múltiplayer games", and any should it have, honestly? What's been doing is successful enough, while the competition is dealing with failures like SOT.

samfisher56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 samfisher56
Member since 2005 • 772 Posts

we need socom 2

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By jeezers

@Shewgenja said:
@jeezers said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@Shewgenja said:

A solid multiplayer game has to be "good" to be solid. Im not talking about bad multiplayer, or dead community multiplayer. Yeah some sony games have multiplayer, but if it isnt good then why even have it???? My point is sony hasn't made a game with AAA multiplayer. You know a multiplayer game that is taken seriously not just a multiplayer mode tacked on with hardly any game modes, options, maps, community.

Forget the word booming, lets go back to good. Whats the "good" multiplayer psvr game you speak of.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Shewgenja

@kali-b1rd said:
@Shewgenja said:
@jeezers said:
@kali-b1rd said:

And here I am just wondering if you XBox gamers are just too scared or snowflakey to handle VR. I'm sure you take one look at Eve Valkyrie and need a paper bag next to you and some tissues to cry into. Maybe the flat screen is a safe space for you.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jeezers

@Shewgenja said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@Shewgenja said:
@jeezers said:
@kali-b1rd said:

And here I am just wondering if you XBox gamers are just too scared or snowflakey to handle VR. I'm sure you take one look at Eve Valkyrie and need a paper bag next to you and some tissues to cry into.

Dude i play on PS4 and i dont see the big appeal of spending 250-300 dollars on that VR headset. Nothing groundbreaking so far, maybe once something great is released for it. ill drop that money on it.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 jeezers

@samfisher56 said:

we need socom 2

yes

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Kali-B1rd

@Shewgenja said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@Shewgenja said:
@jeezers said:

And here I am just wondering if you XBox gamers are just too scared or snowflakey to handle VR. I'm sure you take one look at Eve Valkyrie and need a paper bag next to you and some tissues to cry into.

Shewgenja at this point you need to admit you really don't have a valid point here... no sense dodging around it, we already know.

As a PC Gamer, I am not afraid of VR, but I'm not investing in it until there is a solid direction for these headsets and the technology is at a point where it is worth participating... PSVR 1.0 is not it.

We have chinese headsets in the works with 140-200 field of view, 4k and 8k others with OLED , others with Surround sound built in.. no standards, not common sense design. until that 140-200 VR 4k-8k resolution is runnable these devices are fishbowl low quality "fun for 5 minute" devices... not practical resplacements for anything.

Certainly not going to compete with the large MP scene using standard viewing technology and standard controls.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Shewgenja

@jeezers said:
@Shewgenja said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@Shewgenja said:
@jeezers said:

Dude i play on PS4 and i dont see the big appeal of spending 250-300 dollars on that VR headset. Nothing groundbreaking so far, maybe once something great is released for it. ill drop that money on it.

Oh, I'm sorry. Here I thought you were going to run out and buy another console for its MP, but I guess I misunderstood. My bad.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ant_17

@kali-b1rd said:
@Shewgenja said:
@kali-b1rd said:

Shewgenja at this point you need to admit you really don't have a valid point here... no sense dodging around it, we already know.

As a PC Gamer, I am not afraid of VR, but I'm not investing in it until there is a solid direction for these headsets and the technology is at a point where it is worth participating... PSVR 1.0 is not it.

We have chinese headsets in the works with 140-200 VR, others with OLED , others with Surround sound built in.. no standards, not common sense design. until that 140-200 VR 4k-8k resolution is runnable these devices are fishbowl low quality "fun for 5 minute" devices... not practical resplacements for anything.

Certainly not going to compete with the large MP scene using standard viewing technology and standard controls.

And your point is more valid?

Dissmissing games just cause they don't match your taste?

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Kali-B1rd

@Ant_17 said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@Shewgenja said:
@kali-b1rd said:

We have chinese headsets in the works with 140-200 VR, others with OLED , others with Surround sound built in.. no standards, not common sense design. until that 140-200 VR 4k-8k resolution is runnable these devices are fishbowl low quality "fun for 5 minute" devices... not practical resplacements for anything.

Dismissing what games?

He didn't mention any to dismiss, most likely because the overall debate (high end MP experiences) couldn't be met.

he made the claim, I'm just waiting for the evidence. Until then the statement "Sony doesn't need to invest in MP games because VR will become more important to MP games, and Sony leads there" with no context.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ant_17

@kali-b1rd said:
@Ant_17 said:
@kali-b1rd said:

Dismissing what games?

He didn't mention any to dismiss, most likely because the overall debate (high end MP experiences) couldn't be met.

he made the claim, I'm just waiting for the evidence.

I though you were TC that dissmissed Bloodborne.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Kali-B1rd

@Ant_17 said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@Ant_17 said:
@kali-b1rd said:

Dismissing what games?

he made the claim, I'm just waiting for the evidence.

I though you were TC that dissmissed Bloodborne.

I would in some way dismiss bloodborne, as that is hardly "high end MP" is it? It's also just a bough exclusive re-skin of Dark Souls with tweaks... I call that a minor win at best.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jeezers

@Ant_17 said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@Shewgenja said:
@kali-b1rd said:

Dismissing what games, people want to talk about the greatness of PSVR, wheres the games??? Looks like a waste of money imo, almost every game made for it seems to get mediocre scores, more of a gimmick right now and it is NOT the future of multiplayer. Not even close. Still no one has named a good MP game for it, but wants to claim its the future of multiplayer. What world you living in.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Shewgenja

@kali-b1rd said:
@Ant_17 said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@Shewgenja said:
@kali-b1rd said:

Dismissing what games?

he made the claim, I'm just waiting for the evidence. Until then the statement "Sony doesn't need to invest in MP games because VR will become more important to MP games, and Sony leads there" with no context.

See, this is why I don't play along. I already cleared the goal post. The PS4 has a great MP scene. The PS4 has MP games no other console has. PSVR adds presence in a way that, at least for me, makes a lot of typical MP games rather boring. On top of that, in the case of FFXIV, there's a massive multiplayer game that is only second to WoW.

This isn't a discussion about facts. It's a discussion about a narrative. I don't want to play your game. You'll shoot down any and everything I say because all you want to do is paint XBoxes online as giraffe vagina and you will always put it on an escalating pedestal. I'm not an idiot. I am not the one.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jeezers

@makemefamous07 said:

Uncharted 4 is a great Multiplayer. Its fun, great graphics, with a fun play style and adding its own style with its perk system, U have to have great aim not that shotgun garbage from Quears of war series which is OLD & same old shit which is why Gears 4 Flopped & dropped price to $25 in only 3 weeks. Gears judgment sold better LOL. So sad considering its also on PC but no one wanted it cuz of the Windows store so another LOL for that hehehe. Uncharted 4>Gears 4 OLD & stale turd MP which is DEAD & no one plays it anymore especially at night time cuz we know no one is playing it in other countries hehehe

MS hasnt had a NO new MP games besdies old ass Gears & Halo. So what the hell has WELFARE MS been doing this while time? They dont even have any new franchises for there OLD & stale console xboner AND NO good single player games. So MS has NOTHING to offer gamers this gen whiich is why Xbone is dead LAST on NPD especially last year with NO numbers from NPD cuz it sold less than 100,000 units OUCH!!!!

Sony has Uncharted 4 which surpasses Gears old ass shotgun trash from 2006 LOL. Which is why Gears is dead along with Halo and NOT the heavy hitters they use to be NOT even close. Overwatch, Destiny, GTA5, Fortnite are the NEW MP that everyone is playing & NEW blood. Along with COD, Battlefield, which are still HUGE franchises for MP something that can NOT be said for OLD turds Gears & Halo LOL. Facts!!!

So PS4 is KING of the single player games AND MP games over Welfare Microsoft xboner. Hell even Nintendo has surpass Microsoft in MP games LOL. Facts. FAce it Xboner is NICHE console and dead in every department from single play to Multiplayer to indies and having flops all around lol. Now go play Sea of PISS LOL. Im sure you're the only one still playing that pile of puke after it lost 90% of its user base after peoples free Gamepass ran out LOL hehehe

stopped reading after the first sentence, Uncharted 4's multiplayer is trash.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Kali-B1rd

@Shewgenja said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@Ant_17 said:
@kali-b1rd said:

Dismissing what games?

See, this is why I don't play along. I already cleared the goal post. The PS4 has a great MP scene. The PS4 has MP games no other console has. PSVR adds presence in a way that, at least for me, makes a lot of typical MP games rather boring. On top of that, in the case of FFXIV, there's a massive multiplayer game that is only second to WoW.

This isn't a discussion about facts. It's a discussion about a narrative. I don't want to play your game. You'll shoot down any and everything I say because all you want to do is paint XBoxes online as giraffe vagina and you will always put it on an escalating pedestal. I'm not an idiot. I am not the one.

I couldn't care less about Xbox's online, I don't even own one. I own a PC, PS4 Pro and a Switch, and by the looks of it the TC is similar.

All that is being done in this thread is pointing out a big weakness in Sony, so I understand why you are compeltely frazzled.

All I've seen you lot do is list ANY game with ANY sort of multiplayer, even if it was NOT that successful, or simply tacked on.... it just furthers the point home to me, there is no goal posts being moved, or made up storyline for you to wear a tin foil hat for.

The only way you will achieve the "not an idiot" status you are desperatly trying to avoid for no reason is to admit you had no real follow up to your original statement and that Sony is rather pigeon holed in the 1st party games direction.. and have failed to make MP experiences rivaling other platforms.

Which is the simple truth of the situation.

I look at PS4 exclusives and see the same set of sub genres all so close and similar and safe. I look at Nintendo, at least I can mix it up with some good local Co-Op, or strategy games, or party games etc ...

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Ant_17

@jeezers said:
@Ant_17 said:
@kali-b1rd said:

Dismissing what games, people want to talk about the greatness of PSVR, wheres the games??? Looks like a waste of money imo, almost every game made for it seems to get mediocre scores, more of a gimmick right now and it is NOT the future of multiplayer. Not even close. Still no one has named a good MP game for it, but wants to claim its the future of multiplayer. What world you living in.

Exactly.

Seems Sony isn't catering to you, so maybe get a Bone and live happy.

I don't care for MP games, that's why i play on PS4, but if i wanted to, there are games from Sony that others have already said.

Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 3347 Posts

Ive been gaming for 20 years now. I used to play non MP games and i prefer my game to be that way.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Shewgenja

@kali-b1rd said:

I couldn't care less about Xbox's online, I don't even own one. I own a PC, PS4 Pro and a Switch, and by the looks of it the TC is similar.

All that is being done in this thread is pointing out a big weakness in Sony, so I understand why you are compeltely frazzled.

All I've seen you lot do is list ANY game with ANY sort of multiplayer, even if it was NOT that successful, or simply tacked on.... it just furthers the point home to me, there is no goal posts being moved, or made up storyline for you to wear a tin foil hat for.

The only way you will achieve the "not an idiot" status you are desperatly trying to avoid for no reason is to admit you had no real follow up to your original statement and that Sony is rather pigeon holed in the 1st party games direction.. and have failed to make MP experiences rivaling other platforms.

I look at PS4 exclusives and see the same set of sub genres all so close and similar and safe. I look at Nintendo, at least I can mix it up with some good local Co-Op, or strategy games, or party games etc ...

Boriiiing. You do not get the receipts, today.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jeezers

@kali-b1rd said:
@Shewgenja said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@Ant_17 said:
@kali-b1rd said:

Dismissing what games?

Replace the switch with a 2ds xl and yeah were pretty much on the same page. You seem to be the only person who gets what I'm saying. Thanks, you hit the nail on the head.