Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#101  Edited By ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@recloud said:
@cainetao11 said:
@recloud said:

@cainetao11: it doesn't matter anything to me when monthly plus games are always good.

So we have more plus subscribers than xones sold out there? I mean, 34 million is higher than 30million, so... Your answer backfired. Owned.

LOL but you don't know that for a fact. MS has already stated EA is wrong. I believe Sony and Nintendo when they speak about Sony and Nintendo. I give MS the same respect because I don't have a double standard. How about you?

My answer didn't backfire at all. 34 million out of 80 million sold isn't a great % of people paying for MP. Gee, I wonder why most won't pay for it? I certainly stopped since I can play the best MP games on PSN on Live.

Spare me the games bullshit, I never play the GWG or Plus games. My backlog is long enough already.

Actually, they didn't, they only said it was innacurate, and that could mean ANYTHING, for more or for less. So, as of now, 30 millions is the best bet, wheter you like it or not.

And don't bring the % bullshit, you know it backfired when you have 4 million more ps plus subscribers than x1s sold out there. It's actually really ridiculous and sad for lemmings and MS.

Besides, there's not even one single MP game that has sold more on X1 than on PS4, not even one.

Wrong doesn't mean inaccurate? Saying its wrong could mean anything as well. LOL You're super cow, you're not going to be happy with ANYTHING TO DO WITH XBOX. And thats cool. Bottom line is Im not quoting EA, you are.

But I don't know how many X1's are sold. Here you are deciding what is fact again. Nobody really knows.

It didn't backfire until we A) find out the truthful number of X1's sold from MICROSOFT; B) see what % of their sales subscribe to Gold. If it is less than Plus then it backfires. It cannot backfire just because you decided to believe EA.

Sure there are. PUBG, Gears 4 and Halo 5 LMAO you walked into that kid.

Wrong is not the same as innacurate. PUBG is not on ps4, failed.

Halo 5 and Gears 4 are exclusives, so failed again.

COD, BF, Fifa, Overwatch, Destiny 1 and 2, Diablo 3, Monster Hunter World and all MP multiplats sold more on ps4.

Let me correct myself: there's not one multiplat(MP or SP) avaliable on x1 and ps4 that sold more on x1.

You failed again.

Owned and rekt.

Sorry lem.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@jeezers said:

@Ant_17: not at all Nintendo needs to get their shit together as far as online. But they do get a pass on couch mp, they do that great.

But since Sony doesn't do MP great, everything else is shit on the PS4.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#103 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@jeezers said:

When I first heard about no man's sky I thought that might be the one. Jokes on me.

The joke on you is that NMS has nothing to do with sony other than some marketing deals. Sony wasnt involved with its development, only marketing

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#104 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@recloud said:
@Ant_17 said:
@jeezers said:

@ten_pints: 1st party studios can do it fine if they actually try. I'm a big fan of multiplayer, especially competitive. All the 3rd party developers do it fine, why can't Sony make one for themselves. Nintendo dominates on couch co-op. Besides the hate, halo and gears has a very polished MP. custom game modes, tons of maps, options, game mode variety. I keep bringing up halo and gears because the fans of those games put 50x the time into the multiplayer than SP.

I have been waiting for years to see one game by Sony that does that. When I first heard about no man's sky I thought that might be the one. Jokes on me.

So Nintendo get a pass for not having a MP game?

Lems try anything to try and undermine sony, huh? Lets see how many narratives lems invented on the last two months:

- SP games dont matter - failed

- Exclusives dont matter - failed

- Movie games suck - failed

- GOW is a movie game - failed

- X1X hardware will kill ps4 - failed

Now the new narrative is "no MP on ps4" and even that is failing when you have more ps plus subscribers than x1s sold out there.

I mean, how low can lems go to try and undermine competition that is really destroying and wrecking them?

If I were a Lem, I'd simply humbly accept my defeat as I had last gen (in the beggining).

Lems are so proud, it's a pity that they come off as sore losers.

Yeah its just lems being sore losers?, especially when i dont even own an xbox one, this isnt the "new narrative" I'm just annoyed that Sony cant make a good MP game. Its as simple than that. This has been the case for years. As a gamer not a "lemming". Its disappointing that i still don't have a solid exclusive multiplayer game on ps4. The fact that anyone would even type killzone on this thread is a joke and is proof of the mad deflection these sony fanboys do when talking about multiplayer.

If you dont give a crap about competitive multiplayer and want more single player story driven games. Then i can accept that, but these fanboys trying to act like sony has all these great multiplayer exclusives is a joke. Bringing up killzone is a joke, bringing up uncharted 4 is a joke, bringing up bloodbourne is a joke (Great SP game, but seriously this is the proof of Sony doing great at online mp...that is pathetic).

One guy even brought up ratchet and clank and resogun like wtf the deflection is insane.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts

Proof in this thread.

Cows happy to make posts pointing out every weakness of Xbox, Switch and PC.

Do the same and reverse, out come the excuses and backtracking.

God forbid, someone critiscises Sony.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

@jeezers said:
@recloud said:
@Ant_17 said:
@jeezers said:

@ten_pints: 1st party studios can do it fine if they actually try. I'm a big fan of multiplayer, especially competitive. All the 3rd party developers do it fine, why can't Sony make one for themselves. Nintendo dominates on couch co-op. Besides the hate, halo and gears has a very polished MP. custom game modes, tons of maps, options, game mode variety. I keep bringing up halo and gears because the fans of those games put 50x the time into the multiplayer than SP.

I have been waiting for years to see one game by Sony that does that. When I first heard about no man's sky I thought that might be the one. Jokes on me.

Lems try anything to try and undermine sony, huh? Lets see how many narratives lems invented on the last two months:

Now the new narrative is "no MP on ps4" and even that is failing when you have more ps plus subscribers than x1s sold out there.

I mean, how low can lems go to try and undermine competition that is really destroying and wrecking them?

If I were a Lem, I'd simply humbly accept my defeat as I had last gen (in the beggining).

Yeah its just lems being sore losers?, especially when i dont even own an xbox one, this isnt the "new narrative" I'm just annoyed that Sony cant make a good MP game. Its as simple than that. This has been the case for years. As a gamer not a "lemming". Its disappointing that i still don't have a solid exclusive multiplayer game on ps4. The fact that anyone would even type killzone on this thread is a joke and is proof of the mad deflection these sony fanboys do when talking about multiplayer.

If you dont give a crap about competitive multiplayer and want more single player story driven games. Then i can accept that, but these fanboys trying to act like sony has all these great multiplayer exclusives is a joke. Bringing up killzone is a joke, bringing up uncharted 4 is a joke, bringing up bloodbourne is a joke (Great SP game, but seriously this is the proof of Sony doing great at online mp...that is pathetic).

One guy even brought up ratchet and clank and resogun like wtf the deflection is insane.

Kid, if you want multiplayer games, there's plenty of quality 3rd parties offering ones. Sony never cared about MP and probably never will because it's not their business model, I really don't see a reason to have an exclusive MP game, to me it'd be worthless. I'm fine with the 3rd parties we have.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 jeezers

@Ant_17 said:
@jeezers said:

@Ant_17: not at all Nintendo needs to get their shit together as far as online. But they do get a pass on couch mp, they do that great.

diddnt say that, there are lots of great SP games on PS4. No great exclusive multiplayer tho, as far as exclusive multiplayer, yeah its pretty shit looking, they have the multiplats, but everyone gets the multiplats.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Kali-B1rd

@recloud said:
@jeezers said:
@recloud said:
@Ant_17 said:
@jeezers said:

Kid, if you want multiplayer games, there's plenty of quality 3rd parties offering ones. Sony never cared about MP and probably never will because it's not their business model, I really don't see a reason to have an exclusive MP game, to me it'd be worthless. I'm fine with the 3rd parties we have.

Pleanty of 3rd party SP games, why should we care about Sony's?

I mean it works both ways...

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Ant_17

@jeezers said:
@Ant_17 said:
@jeezers said:

diddnt say that, there are lots of great SP games on PS4. No great exclusive multiplayer tho, as far as exclusive multiplayer, yeah its pretty shit looking, they have the multiplats, but everyone gets the multiplats.

No that's what you said. Uncharted is a joke, right? Everyone playin that game is an utter moron for playing that crappy MP mode in Uncharted cause it's not up to your taste.

But Xbox has the best MP games, and while Nintendo doesn't have good MP games , they have couch co-op.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#110 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@recloud said:
@cainetao11 said:
@recloud said:
@cainetao11 said:
@recloud said:

@cainetao11: it doesn't matter anything to me when monthly plus games are always good.

So we have more plus subscribers than xones sold out there? I mean, 34 million is higher than 30million, so... Your answer backfired. Owned.

LOL but you don't know that for a fact. MS has already stated EA is wrong. I believe Sony and Nintendo when they speak about Sony and Nintendo. I give MS the same respect because I don't have a double standard. How about you?

My answer didn't backfire at all. 34 million out of 80 million sold isn't a great % of people paying for MP. Gee, I wonder why most won't pay for it? I certainly stopped since I can play the best MP games on PSN on Live.

Spare me the games bullshit, I never play the GWG or Plus games. My backlog is long enough already.

Actually, they didn't, they only said it was innacurate, and that could mean ANYTHING, for more or for less. So, as of now, 30 millions is the best bet, wheter you like it or not.

And don't bring the % bullshit, you know it backfired when you have 4 million more ps plus subscribers than x1s sold out there. It's actually really ridiculous and sad for lemmings and MS.

Besides, there's not even one single MP game that has sold more on X1 than on PS4, not even one.

Wrong doesn't mean inaccurate? Saying its wrong could mean anything as well. LOL You're super cow, you're not going to be happy with ANYTHING TO DO WITH XBOX. And thats cool. Bottom line is Im not quoting EA, you are.

But I don't know how many X1's are sold. Here you are deciding what is fact again. Nobody really knows.

It didn't backfire until we A) find out the truthful number of X1's sold from MICROSOFT; B) see what % of their sales subscribe to Gold. If it is less than Plus then it backfires. It cannot backfire just because you decided to believe EA.

Sure there are. PUBG, Gears 4 and Halo 5 LMAO you walked into that kid.

Wrong is not the same as innacurate. PUBG is not on ps4, failed.

Halo 5 and Gears 4 are exclusives, so failed again.

COD, BF, Fifa, Overwatch, Destiny 1 and 2, Diablo 3, Monster Hunter World and all MP multiplats sold more on ps4.

Let me correct myself: there's not one multiplat(MP or SP) avaliable on x1 and ps4 that sold more on x1.

You failed again.

Owned and rekt.

Sorry lem.

The only thing you own is your hardware and software son.

I don't dispute Multiplat game sales, never have. You're going to that because you suck at debating. Its debating 10th grade level. When your opponent starts bringing in things (total number of consoles sold, Multiplats sell more on PS4 LMAO) that have zero, nada, nothing to do with the thread, then you are shook.

Maybe there isn't a single Multiplat MP game sold more on X1. It doesn't change the fact that Live and Xbox make more compelling MP games. The network is rated better and more secure. That's what all this is about. If PS4 sales statistics make you feel warm and cozy even though they don't have any effect on your life, well good for you. Shawn Layden still told Grege Miller at PSX last Dec, "MP isn't our focus". They just want your $60/year.

"Wrong" is interchangeable with innacurate in that context. How old are you? If EAs numbers are wrong, that could meant less than 29 million or more than 29 million. Did you get to High School yet?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@recloud said:

What a load of crap.

https://www.ranker.com/list/list-of-sony-online-entertainment-mmorpg-games/reference

https://techcrunch.com/2015/02/02/sony-sells-sony-online-entertainment/

MAG on the PS3

Yup...never cared about MP games

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 cainetao11

@recloud said:

Who cares? For multiplayer I have my overwatch, Diablo and other games, I'm fine with Sony not investing in multiplayers, let the 3rd parties do it.

See this was a good argument because there is no sense arguing opinions. You will never change my preferences and I will never change yours. But you go off into left field bringing shit in that has nothing to do with the thread.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 jeezers

@Ant_17 said:
@jeezers said:
@Ant_17 said:
@jeezers said:

No that's what you said. Uncharted is a joke, right? Everyone playin that game is an utter moron for playing that crappy MP mode in Uncharted cause it's not up to your taste.

But Xbox has the best MP games, and while Nintendo doesn't have good MP games , they have couch co-op.

Nintendo has the worse online service out of the 3 so no im not giving them a pass its shit, that is my biggest beef with nintendo. as far as couch cop they are they best of the 3.

Uncharted is a great single player game to play, beat, and trade in. People shouldn't waste their time investing in that mp it is TRASH. Trade it in and put it towards over watch if all you have is a ps4. Its not even an argument about taste man, uncharted mp is a tacked on piece of crap. They didn't put time into it, because they didn't care. Great SP game tho, worth the 20 bucks used at game spot if you haven't ran through it.

Anyone who plays alot of multiplayer competitively would joke at the idea of taking uncharted 4 MP seriously.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@recloud said:

Who cares? For multiplayer I have my overwatch, Diablo and other games, I'm fine with Sony not investing in multiplayers, let the 3rd parties do it.

See this was a good argument because there is no sense arguing opinions. You will never change my preferences and I will never change yours. But you go off into left field bringing shit in that has nothing to do with the thread.

How else would he win the argument and bash the Xbox?

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

Does it really matter? They seem to be killing it in the space they are in so why does it matter. They seemed hyper focused on creating great single player content and it is paying off for them!

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Ant_17

@jeezers said:
@Ant_17 said:

Nintendo has the worse online service out of the 3 so no im not giving them a pass its shit, that is my biggest beef with nintendo. as far as couch cop they are they best of the 3.

Uncharted is a great single player game to play, beat, and trade in. People shouldn't waste their time investing in that mp it is TRASH. Trade it in and put it towards over watch if all you have is a ps4. Its not even an argument about taste man, uncharted mp is a tacked on piece of crap. They didn't put time into it, because they didn't care. Great SP game tho, worth the 20 bucks used at game spot if you haven't ran through it.

Anyone who plays alot of multiplayer competitively would joke at the idea of taking uncharted 4 MP seriously.

Ok, i understand.

Can you explain why Uncharted MP is bad? Maybe we can tell Sony to fix it.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

@jeezers said:

@Zero_epyon: no games on that list are AAA multiplayer games, you even listed ratchet and clank?? I love ratchet and clank but does that game even have MP.

I am talking about games with great multiplayer, that are multiplayer focus. Not bloodbourne with a drop in summon feature for liimited co op. LBP 3 I'll give you I guess, but that's pushing it, pretty sure the online community for that is dead. Even with it being one of the free games of the month.

Wipeout again great collection, all past gen, besides simple races that's about the depth of the MP.

seriously

PlayStation still to this day has not made a multiplayer focused game to compete with halo or gears. Halo 2 has better MP than uncharted 4. That's sad.

Some could claim Gran Turismo as a great online game I guess, but still doesn't have as much content as the Forza series. Also racing games are a niche market, not a genre that represents competitive multiplayer.

Can Sony make a great exclusive multiplayer game? one worthy of tournaments? System wars may never know.

TC: "sony has no multiplayer exclusives"

Also TC: "no games on that list are AAA multiplayer games...I am talking about games with great multiplayer, that are multiplayer focus"

So yeah.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 cainetao11

@MonsieurX said:
@cainetao11 said:
@recloud said:

How else would he win the argument and bash the Xbox?

LOL right?

I knew who that was once they used the sentence "Xbox is a cancer on gaming and it needs to die".

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#119 Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

@samfisher56 said:

we need socom 2

I wish. We will probably never see one again thanks to Socom 4.

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Diddies

@storm_of_swords said:

Sony has never made multiplayer a big priority. This goes all the way back to when they first entered the market with the PS1 and were completely outclassed in multiplayer by the party machine N64. On the PS2, they cared so little about multiplayer that they still didn't even bother to include four controller ports even though every other competing console designed in the past four years had it. And then they never put much effort into pushing online gaming forward until Microsoft showed them how successful a quality online service could be and gave them the blueprint to copy.

If after four generations, Sony still hasn't made multiplayer a big priority, I don't see that changing. Sony will continue to primarily focus on the single-player movie-games that they like to produce. If you want the best online multiplayer then you need turn to Microsoft and if you want the best local multiplayer then you need to turn to Nintendo.

...Socom ring a bell?

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 jeezers

@Diddies: They did socom dirty

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 jeezers

@Zero_epyon said:
@jeezers said:

@Zero_epyon: no games on that list are AAA multiplayer games, you even listed ratchet and clank?? I love ratchet and clank but does that game even have MP.

I am talking about games with great multiplayer, that are multiplayer focus. Not bloodbourne with a drop in summon feature for liimited co op. LBP 3 I'll give you I guess, but that's pushing it, pretty sure the online community for that is dead. Even with it being one of the free games of the month.

Wipeout again great collection, all past gen, besides simple races that's about the depth of the MP.

seriously

PlayStation still to this day has not made a multiplayer focused game to compete with halo or gears. Halo 2 has better MP than uncharted 4. That's sad.

Some could claim Gran Turismo as a great online game I guess, but still doesn't have as much content as the Forza series. Also racing games are a niche market, not a genre that represents competitive multiplayer.

Can Sony make a great exclusive multiplayer game? one worthy of tournaments? System wars may never know.

TC: "sony has no multiplayer exclusives"

Also TC: "no games on that list are AAA multiplayer games...I am talking about games with great multiplayer, that are multiplayer focus"

So yeah.

where was there multiplayer in ratchet and clank?

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Diddies

@jeezers said:

@Diddies: They did socom dirty

It was a great franchise and focused on MP. Even the only online Socom on PS3 was good, but it just had a really bad start. They fixed it and it was good. I played the hell out of that. Then Sony wanted Socom to compete with COD in Socom 4 and that was a disaster.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 jeezers

@Diddies: socom 3 was buggy and did not look good. But was fun. Socom on ps2 was the best online you could get on the ps2. Socom 4 was like a shitty dream I forgot about lol I do miss socom.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

This thread doesn't make any sense. The PS4, including PSVR peripheral support, has a number of exclusives featuring multiplayer. On the PSVR there are exclusive games, such as Starblood Arena, that are SPECIFICALLY created for multiplayer. Is TC posting about an alternate reality or something?

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Kali-B1rd

@reduc_ab_ said:

This thread doesn't make any sense. The PS4, including PSVR peripheral support, has a number of exclusives featuring multiplayer. On the PSVR there are exclusive games, such as Starblood Arena, that are SPECIFICALLY created for multiplayer. Is TC posting about an alternate reality or something?

To be fair he means outstanding ones... you know, household name ones (for gamers anyway).

Halo use to be in that arena, Gears to a lesser extent. Smash/Mario Kart and Splatoon still are for example primarily enjoyed in a multiplayer setting.

Telling me "its ok because Uncharted has MP" is COMPLETELY missing the point of the discussion.

Since so many Sony fans here can't grasp that, or just arn't willing to, yes, this thread doesn't make sense.... because of the people replying.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By jeezers

@reduc_ab_: I should have clarified in title. Sony doesn't have any "good" multiplayer exclusives. Starblood is psvr arcade game with a meta score of 68.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#128  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@jeezers said:

I was a 360 guy last generation, this generation ive been on the ps4 bandwagon. Its a solid console, has some good exclusives. But a major thing is missing for me.

Where is the multiplayer??? Like i understand multi-plats are still supported, battlefield, C.O.D, titanfall, overwatch. But seriously Sony has no descent multiplayer exclusives. As someone who greatly enjoys competitive multiplayer it kinda sucks. I actually miss halo and gears a lot. Seems like a missed opportunity by Sony, Im not the only gamer with a ps4 who enjoys a solid multiplayer experience.

Sony puts so much time into storytelling single player games but put absolutely nothing into multiplayer, like they don't even try. (Uncharted 4 multiplayer) What was that crap, might as well not even put it in the game.

I wonder if Sony will ever come out with an exclusive that is multiplayer focused. Single player is great but (20-30 hours) But a great multiplayer experience can keep you coming back on and off for many years. (1000s of hours).

Says a lem that has no exclusives at all or a Sheep that has .... almost no internet service at all ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@jeezers: Ah, goalpost moving. Good to know. Explains things.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Kali-B1rd

@reduc_ab_ said:

@jeezers: Ah, goalpost moving. Good to know. Explains things.

Ah yes, because he was totally requesting mediocre games.

Can you address the correct goal posts?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@kali-b1rd: How's your PSVR treating you, NyaDC?

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Kali-B1rd

@reduc_ab_ said:

@kali-b1rd: How's your PSVR treating you, NyaDC?

Hi, I'm MBirdy88, nice to meet you.

I don't have one of those I'm afraid, I feel bad enough owning a PS4 Pro that barely gest used, let alone a poor mans VR headset.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@kali-b1rd: Oh, cool. My bad. Some people were saying you were Nya so I took it for granted. Shouldn't have done that. Sorry! :)

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#134 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

Stop the pigeon-holing!!! Everything is awesome!!!! Don't you know.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@recloud said:
@Ant_17 said:
@jeezers said:

Now the new narrative is "no MP on ps4"

That's actually pretty old. PSN has never been big on delivering top end MP.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

@jeezers said:

I was a 360 guy last generation, this generation ive been on the ps4 bandwagon. Its a solid console, has some good exclusives. But a major thing is missing for me.

Where is the multiplayer??? Like i understand multi-plats are still supported, battlefield, C.O.D, titanfall, overwatch. But seriously Sony has no descent multiplayer exclusives. As someone who greatly enjoys competitive multiplayer it kinda sucks. I actually miss halo and gears a lot. Seems like a missed opportunity by Sony, Im not the only gamer with a ps4 who enjoys a solid multiplayer experience.

Sony puts so much time into storytelling single player games but put absolutely nothing into multiplayer, like they don't even try. (Uncharted 4 multiplayer) What was that crap, might as well not even put it in the game.

I wonder if Sony will ever come out with an exclusive that is multiplayer focused. Single player is great but (20-30 hours) But a great multiplayer experience can keep you coming back on and off for many years. (1000s of hours).

You're wasting your time. Fanboys can't admit flaws in their preferred platforms and have good debates.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

On topic- Halo and Gears are still good, but just like Sony, Microsoft has failed to deliver any gen-defining exclusive multiplayer games like Halo 3 was last gen. Nothing that makes you run to the store to buy the console just to play the game.

Halo 5 is pretty good but Warzone is overrated and the lack of split screen is a huge turn-off.

If Fortnite wasn't a thing, than maybe PUBG on Xbox One would be a bigger deal.

Sea of Thieves is a huge flop that either needed a bigger dev team or more time.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#138 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@kali-b1rd said:

Proof in this thread.

Cows happy to make posts pointing out every weakness of Xbox, Switch and PC.

Do the same and reverse, out come the excuses and backtracking.

God forbid, someone critiscises Sony.

And here you are with no response to my last post because you are doing precisely what I thought you would, which is pitching nebulous shit at a wall hoping that it sticks.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

@recloud said:

This. Every developer does not need to create every type of game.

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

They don't have a strong one I think. They seem to have tried last gen and early gen with KZSF but then they just gave up because it probably wasn't their forte (great sales and legs due to MP).

MS should capitalize more on this and I hope the next halo and gears are stellar with their MP.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#141  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69411 Posts

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#143 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13663 Posts

Does anyone, Halo's the only Xbox exclusive with multiplayer isn't it?

Then there's Nintendo, which I suppose is the only real one with so many exclusives with multiplayer.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@recloud said:

So the Money Sony gets for PS+ should go to third party devs then right?

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18796 Posts

@mclarenmaster18 said:

The only Playstation 1st party I enjoy playing online is GT Sport.

Uncharted for me.

Avatar image for blueberry_bandit
Blueberry_Bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Blueberry_Bandit
Member since 2017 • 891 Posts

@kali-b1rd said:
@Shewgenja said:

Fact is, VR is the next frontier in multiplayer games. Battle Royale is fresh, but it's also derivative of so many other online MP deathmatch style games. The fact Sony is going into the VR realm is a huge leg up on what you will find on other consoles.

You'l need to back that up with something concrete before you call it a fact, as its not even a fact that VR will become big, let alone MP gaming in it.

BAttle Royale and Moba's are the biggest things in online gaming.... what magic VR experiences are going to compete with games that have as many people playing now at one time years later than VR headsets sold?

He's talking about the future adoption of the tech when it gains more users. VR is clearly the future of multiplayer due to the social aspect it provides. It allows for a lot more competitive gameplay and opens up a massive amount of new genres and experiences. You'll be able to hang out in virtual apartments playing games on a giant theater screen with friends via virtual couch co-op, and then move onto a zero gravity FPS game for example. Maybe later you all decide to hit the dance club, and then finish it off with some board games and darts.

The point is that it allows you to do so much more in a more social setting.

Blueberry_Bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Blueberry_Bandit

@kali-b1rd said:
@Shewgenja said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@Shewgenja said:
@jeezers said:

Seriously what PS vr multiplayer is booming? I hardly even have heard of a great psvr game especially multiplayer game. most people i know on playstation dont even have the vr headset.

First it had to be "good" and now it needs to be "booming" which I assume means some arbitrary attach rate the way this is going.

giving proof of "good" or even "noticable" would be a good start...

And here I am just wondering if you XBox gamers are just too scared or snowflakey to handle VR. I'm sure you take one look at Eve Valkyrie and need a paper bag next to you and some tissues to cry into.

Shewgenja at this point you need to admit you really don't have a valid point here... no sense dodging around it, we already know.

As a PC Gamer, I am not afraid of VR, but I'm not investing in it until there is a solid direction for these headsets and the technology is at a point where it is worth participating... PSVR 1.0 is not it.

We have chinese headsets in the works with 140-200 field of view, 4k and 8k others with OLED , others with Surround sound built in.. no standards, not common sense design. until that 140-200 VR 4k-8k resolution is runnable these devices are fishbowl low quality "fun for 5 minute" devices... not practical resplacements for anything.

Certainly not going to compete with the large MP scene using standard viewing technology and standard controls.

Oculus is working on trying to release a headset with 4K by 4K per eye resolution at 140 degrees FoV by around 2020. That will solve any low quality issues with the display.

Also, many games can work around the limitations. Lone Echo looks stunning in the headset; you don't notice the screen door effect much.

Fun for 5 minutes? Total exaggeration as there are games you can get lost in for hours.

This is an example of multiplayer in VR: https://youtu.be/yzsFgDxzWIk?t=92

And another: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwcHnG8EDTw

Blueberry_Bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Blueberry_Bandit

@jeezers said:
@Ant_17 said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@Shewgenja said:

And here I am just wondering if you XBox gamers are just too scared or snowflakey to handle VR. I'm sure you take one look at Eve Valkyrie and need a paper bag next to you and some tissues to cry into.

Shewgenja at this point you need to admit you really don't have a valid point here... no sense dodging around it, we already know.

As a PC Gamer, I am not afraid of VR, but I'm not investing in it until there is a solid direction for these headsets and the technology is at a point where it is worth participating... PSVR 1.0 is not it.

We have chinese headsets in the works with 140-200 VR, others with OLED , others with Surround sound built in.. no standards, not common sense design. until that 140-200 VR 4k-8k resolution is runnable these devices are fishbowl low quality "fun for 5 minute" devices... not practical resplacements for anything.

Certainly not going to compete with the large MP scene using standard viewing technology and standard controls.

And your point is more valid?

Dissmissing games just cause they don't match your taste?

Dismissing what games, people want to talk about the greatness of PSVR, wheres the games??? Looks like a waste of money imo, almost every game made for it seems to get mediocre scores, more of a gimmick right now and it is NOT the future of multiplayer. Not even close. Still no one has named a good MP game for it, but wants to claim its the future of multiplayer. What world you living in.

My post above showcases great multiplayer games.

Echo Arena is basically the Rocket League of VR, and Echo Combat (an FPS being revealed at E3) will likely be the Splatoon of VR.

And this is just the start. We've seen nothing compared to what we'll be getting in 3, 4 or 5 years.

Those are PC VR games by the way. I'm not specifically aligned to Sony here, just pointing out that multiplayer VR is way better than you think.

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

@blueberry_bandit said:
@jeezers said:
@Ant_17 said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@Shewgenja said:

We have chinese headsets in the works with 140-200 VR, others with OLED , others with Surround sound built in.. no standards, not common sense design. until that 140-200 VR 4k-8k resolution is runnable these devices are fishbowl low quality "fun for 5 minute" devices... not practical resplacements for anything.

And your point is more valid?

Dissmissing games just cause they don't match your taste?

Dismissing what games, people want to talk about the greatness of PSVR, wheres the games??? Looks like a waste of money imo, almost every game made for it seems to get mediocre scores, more of a gimmick right now and it is NOT the future of multiplayer. Not even close. Still no one has named a good MP game for it, but wants to claim its the future of multiplayer. What world you living in.

My post above showcases great multiplayer games.

Echo Arena is basically the Rocket League of VR, and Echo Combat (an FPS being revealed at E3) will likely be the Splatoon of VR.

And this is just the start. We've seen nothing compared to what we'll be getting in 3, 4 or 5 years.

Those are PC VR games by the way. I'm not specifically aligned to Sony here, just pointing out that multiplayer VR is way better than you think.

I am so excited for the future of VR.

Call it boring but I'd love some amazingly rendered museums or scenery in the world. Hell maybe those top rated places with crapton of cameras above for real time translations then becomes 3D so you can feel like you're in the place through VR/AR.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@mojito1988 said:
@recloud said:

This. Every developer does not need to create every type of game.

But what about the company that charges you to use it, shouldn't they create MP in their games? because you can be damn sure Sony isn't sharing any of that money with 3rd party developers that create MP.