Sony block access to PSN for PSJAILBREAK users

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

In Croatia games are 100$. Monthly salary is around 800-900$ (good one)

So in my eyes Piracy is:

But sense I have PS3 I can access PSN and PSN is more important then always playing games offline. So no Piracy for me. But maybe one they I'll buy another system only for that purpose.

Don't hate :D

mamkem6

Multiply the pigs on the right by something like 400k and then maybe you'll have a better understanding of what effect piracy has on the industry.

loadedboon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#252 loadedboon
Member since 2004 • 1986 Posts

[QUOTE="mamkem6"]

In Croatia games are 100$. Monthly salary is around 800-900$ (good one)

So in my eyes Piracy is:

But sense I have PS3 I can access PSN and PSN is more important then always playing games offline. So no Piracy for me. But maybe one they I'll buy another system only for that purpose.

Don't hate :D

hakanakumono

Multiply the pigs on the right by something like 400k and then maybe you'll have a better understanding of what effect piracy has on the industry.

Not that it's right to pirate a game but it has been around since the dawn of gaming so if it really was as bad as they claim the gaming industry would have ceased to exist long ago. It's just being blown out of proportion.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#253 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

[QUOTE="mfp16"][QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]

copyright infrigment is not the same as stealing. Learn the difference.

UnrealDelusion

There isn't one...

Yes there is to steal something you have to take an actual object (in this case the game) away from the owner (developers/publishers). So explain how you do take the object away from the owner without actually touching it.

So yes there is a difference.

If you download it or have it in your position without paying for it, it's stealing. Whether it's a physical or a virtual property. You don't have to touch it. Money can be stolen out of people accounts virtually without touching it. You think that's not stealing? lol!!
loadedboon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 loadedboon

[QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]

[QUOTE="mfp16"] There isn't one...blackace

Yes there is to steal something you have to take an actual object (in this case the game) away from the owner (developers/publishers). So explain how you do take the object away from the owner without actually touching it.

If you download it or have it in your position without paying for it, it's stealing. Whether it's a physical or a virtual property. You don't have to touch it. Money can be stolen out of people accounts virtually without touching it. You think that's not stealing? lol!!

*sigh* Another one who can't grasp the concept.

So using your logic murdering someone is also stealing since you take their life away.

and what you described isn't called stealing in the court.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#255 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61551 Posts

If you download it or have it in your position without paying for it, it's stealing. Whether it's a physical or a virtual property. You don't have to touch it. Money can be stolen out of people accounts virtually without touching it. You think that's not stealing? lol!! blackace

Not that i'm weighing in on this argument, but if you steal funds from an account you are depriving the person of the funds, therefore they are no longer in possession of said funds. That is theft/stealing. Copyright infringement is similar in it's context, but legally they are seperate charges.

Is piracy stealing? Yes.

Is piracy theft? This is a slightly trickier situation.

blitzcloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 blitzcloud
Member since 2007 • 1229 Posts

[QUOTE="blackace"] If you download it or have it in your position without paying for it, it's stealing. Whether it's a physical or a virtual property. You don't have to touch it. Money can be stolen out of people accounts virtually without touching it. You think that's not stealing? lol!! lundy86_4

Not that i'm weighing in on this argument, but if you steal funds from an account you are depriving the person of the funds, therefore they are no longer in possession of said funds. That is theft/stealing. Copyright infringement is similar in it's context, but legally they are seperate charges.

Is piracy stealing? Yes.

Is piracy theft? This is a slightly trickier situation.

No matter what you say, they will keep saying it's stealing. I tried to prove the same point and I was called defender of the banned guy. It's quite simple. In essense it's the same moral act. Gaining something that doesnt belong to you by traitorous means. Pretty much that. Same as if you steal someone's idea about something that he didnt license. Morally, it's a steal. BUT on the hard, cold law copyright infringement and stealing something are totally different charges, being the infringement one the one that you probably would not be able to pay in a lifetime worth of work.

RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts

[QUOTE="mfp16"][QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]

UnrealDelusion

No where is it said that you "have to take an actual object"... it's still stealing... so no, there isn't a difference.

You can't steal something without taking it away from someone.

The crime you are commiting is copyright infrigment which is not the same as stealing. Simple as that.

WOW i have never heard of something so stupid before in my life.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#258 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61551 Posts

No matter what you say, they will keep saying it's stealing. I tried to prove the same point and I was called defender of the banned guy. It's quite simple. In essense it's the same moral act. Gaining something that doesnt belong to you by traitorous means. Pretty much that. Same as if you steal someone's idea about something that he didnt license. Morally, it's a steal. BUT on the hard, cold law copyright infringement and stealing something are totally different charges, being the infringement one the one that you probably would not be able to pay in a lifetime worth of work.

blitzcloud

Yeah... The confusion seems to be over the actual legal definition. If you are charged for pirating software it's likely you'll be charged with something along the lines of copyright infringement, rather than the charge of theft. Though there is the problem currently with having such a broad definition within the legal system (just learnt about this in Political Science lol).

loadedboon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 loadedboon

[QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]

[QUOTE="mfp16"] No where is it said that you "have to take an actual object"... it's still stealing... so no, there isn't a difference.RyanShazam

You can't steal something without taking it away from someone.

The crime you are commiting is copyright infrigment which is not the same as stealing. Simple as that.

WOW i have never heard of something so stupid before in my life.

Maybe you should read through the last few pages and learn something about the law while you're at it and then see who is the ...... one

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#260 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts

[QUOTE="blackace"][QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]

loadedboon

So using your logic murdering someone is also stealing since you take their life away.

Whaaaaaa...... taking somones life is beyond compare, you're stealing life whether they deserve it or not. Which is why I absolutely despise America and similar uncivilised nations for supporting execution..... so dark ages. Although I still think piracy is lol worthy on the participant, I still disagree that it can be considered ''stealing''.
loadedboon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 loadedboon

[QUOTE="loadedboon"]

[QUOTE="blackace"] If you download it or have it in your position without paying for it, it's stealing. Whether it's a physical or a virtual property. You don't have to touch it. Money can be stolen out of people accounts virtually without touching it. You think that's not stealing? lol!! tomarlyn

Whaaaaaa...... taking somones life is beyond compare, you're stealing life whether they deserve it or not. Which is why I absolutely despise America and similar uncivilised nations for supporting execution..... so dark ages. Although I still think piracy is lol worthy on the participant, I still disagree that it can be considered ''stealing''.

No it's the same thing according to their logic you steal the persons life so the only thing it can be is stealing.

Just using their reasoning.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 blackace

[QUOTE="FreshDimSum"][QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]As for the bolded part an illegaly downloaded game doesn't equal a sale.UnrealDelusion

are u serious? the developers didnt intend on letting anyone illegally download their game by any means. the only way to have the game is by purchasing it at one point or another. a game does = one sale. so i stand by my comment, if a game that is illegally download/pirated without the consent of the developers/producers (and trust, they dont consent to piracy) for personal use or distribution is stealing.

No you are still more wrong then anyone else in this thread. It''s not stealing it's copyright infrigment no matter how you try to spin it.

Copyright infringement still equates to a loss of sale. For every copy of a game made, that's a potential sale that's loss. Which means money isn't being losses. People are sued all the time for copyright infringement and the money that is losses is paid by the defendant in the end. As I said before. A property does not have to be physical. People have their Id's stolen every day and that's not physical either. Any copying of someone property without permission or payment is a form of stealing. Whether the game is on a disk or nothing. The information created is someone's property.; No different then a book that is downloaded instead of purchased. It's still a property that is owned by someone.
dachase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 dachase
Member since 2005 • 808 Posts

are there seriously people in the world who get this worked up over piracy *checks thread* WHOA there is. Now im not condoning it but if people do it, im not going to act all high and mighty on them, we've all committed piracy in one way or another, mp3s being the biggest culprit. A pirated game does not = sale as much as anyone wants to try and spin it, there are other ways of playing a game, be it through hire or borrowing off a friend, so to say a pirate was going to buy a game if they couldnt copy it is foolish.

The part i laugh at is people saying piracy is hurting the game industry, really? If piracy really hurt the game industry Playstation 3 wouldnt exist after the rampant piracy on PS1 and PS2, Nintendo would be bankrupt with the Wii and DS and Microsoft wouldve pulled out of the console race either after the Xbox or after a couple of years of the 360. Thats just the consoles themselves, look at game sales, Black Ops has the record now and Reach had big numbers too.

Piracy is only a problem if you believe it is, i dont believe it is.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 blackace

[QUOTE="blackace"][QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]

loadedboon

The court needs to change their terms then. If someone takes money out of my account without my permission, that's STEALING to me all day. The courts are clueless. They actually have locked up literally hundreds of prisoners for crimes they didn't commit. Only to release them 5,10,15,25,30 yrs later to tell them they made a mistake. You actually believe the corrupt courts? LMAO!! The laws in this country ( and many others) is a mess.
dachase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 dachase

[QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]

[QUOTE="FreshDimSum"] are u serious? the developers didnt intend on letting anyone illegally download their game by any means. the only way to have the game is by purchasing it at one point or another. a game does = one sale. so i stand by my comment, if a game that is illegally download/pirated without the consent of the developers/producers (and trust, they dont consent to piracy) for personal use or distribution is stealing. blackace

No you are still more wrong then anyone else in this thread. It''s not stealing it's copyright infrigment no matter how you try to spin it.

Copyright infringement still equates to a loss of sale. For every copy of a game made, that's a potential sale that's loss. Which means money isn't being losses. People are sued all the time for copyright infringement and the money that is losses is paid by the defendant in the end. As I said before. A property does not have to be physical. People have their Id's stolen every day and that's not physical either. Any copying of someone property without permission or payment is a form of stealing. Whether the game is on a disk or nothing. The information created is someone's property.; No different then a book that is downloaded instead of purchased. It's still a property that is owned by someone.

But your assuming the pirate had every intent on buying the game, maybe he wouldve hired it or borrowed it off a friend if he wanted to play it, believe it or not some people dont have disposable income to spend on games. If he is keeping it for himself then i dont see it as a potential sale loss, but if its being distributed from that copy then we have potential sales losses from the other parties.

loadedboon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 loadedboon

[QUOTE="loadedboon"]

[QUOTE="blackace"] If you download it or have it in your position without paying for it, it's stealing. Whether it's a physical or a virtual property. You don't have to touch it. Money can be stolen out of people accounts virtually without touching it. You think that's not stealing? lol!! blackace

The court needs to change their terms then. If someone takes money out of my account without my permission, that's STEALING to me all day. The courts are clueless. They actually have locked up literally hundreds of prisoners for crimes they didn't commit. Only to release them 5,10,15,25,30 yrs later to tell them they made a mistake. You actually believe the corrupt courts? LMAO!! The laws in this country ( and many others) is a mess.

Piracy is a form of stealing but it's not theft like all of you are claiming it's another form of stealing but then again you know it all better so no use debating with you :P

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 blackace

are there seriously people in the world who get this worked up over piracy *checks thread* WHOA there is. Now im not condoning it but if people do it, im not going to act all high and mighty on them, we've all committed piracy in one way or another, mp3s being the biggest culprit. A pirated game does not = sale as much as anyone wants to try and spin it, there are other ways of playing a game, be it through hire or borrowing off a friend, so to say a pirate was going to buy a game if they couldnt copy it is foolish.

The part i laugh at is people saying piracy is hurting the game industry, really? If piracy really hurt the game industry Playstation 3 wouldnt exist after the rampant piracy on PS1 and PS2, Nintendo would be bankrupt with the Wii and DS and Microsoft wouldve pulled out of the console race either after the Xbox or after a couple of years of the 360. Thats just the consoles themselves, look at game sales, Black Ops has the record now and Reach had big numbers too.

dachase

If you don't believe piracy is hurting the gaming industry your are blind. The number of development studios have decreased by more then 40% over the last 5yrs alone. Remember how many developers we had when the PS1 and PS2 were out? That has been reduced by more then 1/2. A lot of it is due to recession, but a lot of it is also due to piracy. Even though some popular games have high sales, image what their sales would be if piracy didn't exist at all.

I'm not going to go on and on with this, as it would be like explaining something to a BRICK WALL. Kids aren't going to get it. Thankfully most gamers who have been in this industry since the early 80's know the deal.

loadedboon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 loadedboon

[QUOTE="dachase"]

blackace

If you don't believe piracy is hurting the gaming industry your are blind. The number of development studios have decreased by more then 40% over the last 5yrs alone. Remember how many developers we had when the PS1 and PS2 were out? That has been reduced by more then 1/2. A lot of it is due to recession, but a lot of it is also due to piracy. Even though some popular games have high sales, image what their sales would be if piracy didn't exist at all.

The sales would be still the same because people who pirate a game never had the intention to buy it in the 1st place.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
wow.... some gamers are still angry about anti-jailbreak..... hahahaha... please burn your jailbreak or turn in into your pet's pendant. if you want to get free game, or cheaper games that you can afford... just download demo or minis at PSN.... the price of your KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN hahahahaha
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 blackace

[QUOTE="blackace"][QUOTE="dachase"]

loadedboon

The sales would be still the same because people who pirate a game never had the intention to buy it in the 1st place.

If they pirated it, it means they wanted it. If there was no way to pirate the game, they would have bought it or borrowed it. Still the potential for a sale is THERE if there's no chance the game can be PIRATED. That's the point. There no way for you to know if a person would have bought the game or not. Every person is different and see things differently.
loadedboon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 loadedboon

[QUOTE="loadedboon"]

[QUOTE="blackace"] If you don't believe piracy is hurting the gaming industry your are blind. The number of development studios have decreased by more then 40% over the last 5yrs alone. Remember how many developers we had when the PS1 and PS2 were out? That has been reduced by more then 1/2. A lot of it is due to recession, but a lot of it is also due to piracy. Even though some popular games have high sales, image what their sales would be if piracy didn't exist at all.blackace

If they pirated it, it means they wanted it. If there was no way to pirate the game, they would have bought it or borrowed it. Still the potential for a sale is THERE if there's no chance the game can be PIRATED. That's the point. There no way for you to know if a person would have bought the game or not. Every person is different and see things differently.

If someone really wanted the game they would have bought. They pirate games because they can and it's easy. In no way is a pirated game a sale lost for the developer.

You just fall for what the developer wants you to believe because they couldn't be more wrong on this.

dachase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 dachase

[QUOTE="dachase"]

blackace

Look at all the shovelware games, nobody buys that crap but those companies are still around, the ones that closed should've made better games and ultimately they failed at running their business be it through lack of marketing or just making a sucky game with a big budget. Sure sales would be higher but not by as much as everyone would believe, online multiplayer on 360 or PS3 is almost impossible if the game is a copy and actually works in Microsofts favor when they ban a users console from Live, said user will go out and buy another console to play legit on (which is why i ignore Microsofts console sales figures and consider PS3 is 2nd but thats for another thread) giving Microsoft more money in the process.

Tyrant156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 Tyrant156
Member since 2004 • 737 Posts

Piracy hurts the gaming industry depending on how easy it is to play copied games. Didn't you need a mod chip or some swap disc to play backups on the PS2? Sony knows what can happen if you let piracy become too easily accessible to the masses. That's why the music industry is struggling so much right now. 200k of metal gear peace walker on day one, that's a pretty big chunk of sales. I dont blame Sony for trying to prevent that from happening on the PS3

themyth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 themyth01
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
Only fair to ban pirated games PS3s from online just as it is fair for MS to ban modded 360s from xlive.
dachase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 dachase

[QUOTE="loadedboon"]

[QUOTE="blackace"] If you don't believe piracy is hurting the gaming industry your are blind. The number of development studios have decreased by more then 40% over the last 5yrs alone. Remember how many developers we had when the PS1 and PS2 were out? That has been reduced by more then 1/2. A lot of it is due to recession, but a lot of it is also due to piracy. Even though some popular games have high sales, image what their sales would be if piracy didn't exist at all.blackace

Pirates have no intent on buying the game, take it from me. Im not giong into specifics as ill get modded but lets just say after selling my 360 i have no intention on buying 95% of the stuff i would be playing on it now for the PS3 as money means i need to make smarter choices with my purchases.

dachase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 dachase

Piracy hurts the gaming industry depending on how easy it is to play copied games. Didn't you need a mod chip or some swap disc to play backups on the PS2? Sony knows what can happen if you let piracy become too easily accessible to the masses. That's why the music industry is struggling so much right now. 200k of metal gear peace walker on day one, that's a pretty big chunk of sales. I dont blame Sony for trying to prevent that from happening on the PS3

Tyrant156

Actually doesnt matter how easy it is, Wii is the easiest yet it sits at number one in sales. PS2 was number one last gen and that was easy too, same for the PS1 the gen before, easy to mod and 1st place. I see a pattern here that people will buy the console easiest to mod :)

PSP is the only example of piracy ruining a system, it got out of hand on there, yet the DS is almost as bad but still makes money because of the larger install base.

Tyrant156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 Tyrant156

[QUOTE="blackace"][QUOTE="loadedboon"]

loadedboon

If someone really wanted the game they would have bought. They pirate games because they can and it's easy. In no way is a pirated game a sale lost for the developer.

You just fall for what the developer wants you to believe because they couldn't be more wrong on this.

Why would you go and buy a game you really wanted if you pirate games for free? yeah people who pirate games collect a bunch of games they normally wouldn't buy but they pirate the games they really want as well. It's the games they are the most wanted that get pirated the most.
loadedboon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 loadedboon

[QUOTE="loadedboon"]

[QUOTE="blackace"] If they pirated it, it means they wanted it. If there was no way to pirate the game, they would have bought it or borrowed it. Still the potential for a sale is THERE if there's no chance the game can be PIRATED. That's the point. There no way for you to know if a person would have bought the game or not. Every person is different and see things differently. Tyrant156

Why would you go and buy a game you really wanted if you pirate games for free? yeah people who pirate games collect a bunch of games they normally wouldn't buy but they pirate the games they really want as well. It's the games they are the most wanted that get pirated the most.

No you have this logic all backwards if someone wantsa game he goes out and buys it. If someone has no interest in the game he either a)doesn't buy it or b)pirates the game.

dachase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 dachase

[QUOTE="loadedboon"]

[QUOTE="blackace"] If they pirated it, it means they wanted it. If there was no way to pirate the game, they would have bought it or borrowed it. Still the potential for a sale is THERE if there's no chance the game can be PIRATED. That's the point. There no way for you to know if a person would have bought the game or not. Every person is different and see things differently. Tyrant156

Online play is a good reason people still buy legit games, its damn near impossible to play something like Black Ops and Reach if they're copied. most pirates have 2 360's for this purpose

Tyrant156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 Tyrant156

[QUOTE="Tyrant156"]

dachase

Actually doesnt matter how easy it is, Wii is the easiest yet it sits at number one in sales. PS2 was number one last gen and that was easy too, smae for the PS1 the gen before, easy to mod and 1st place. I see a pattern here that people will buy the console easiest to mod :)

PSP is the only example of piracy ruining a system, it got out of hand on there, yet the DS is almost as bad but still makes money because of the larger install base.

It matters how easy it is because just the process of getting a system modded is already too much of a hassle for some people. It also depends on awareness. If people could download games and put them right onto the system (i.e like the psp) then the problem would be much worse. I'm sure half the owners of aren't even aware that they can pirate games on the Wii. It was the same situation with music, now every knows how to download music,
loadedboon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 loadedboon

[QUOTE="dachase"]

[QUOTE="Tyrant156"]

Tyrant156

Actually doesnt matter how easy it is, Wii is the easiest yet it sits at number one in sales. PS2 was number one last gen and that was easy too, smae for the PS1 the gen before, easy to mod and 1st place. I see a pattern here that people will buy the console easiest to mod :)

It matters how easy it is because just the process of getting a system modded is already too much of a hassle for some people. It also depends on awareness. If people could download games and put them right onto the system (i.e like the psp) then the problem would be much worse. I'm sure half the owners of aren't even aware that they can pirate games on the Wii. It was the same situation with music, now every knows how to download music,

Well I'm sure more people who own a WII know it can be done then those who don't know. Only Nintendo games sell really well on the WII. and the WII is the easiest of them all to mod but i'm not going into specifics about that :P

Tyrant156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 Tyrant156

[QUOTE="Tyrant156"][QUOTE="loadedboon"]

loadedboon

No you have this logic all backwards if someone wantsa game he goes out and buys it. If someone has no interest in the game he either a)doesn't buy it or b)pirates the game.

Dude that doesn't sound like logic at all. You speak as if you know every person that's ever pirated a game and state this as fact. I actually know people that didn't buy one single dreamcast game after piracy hit. The games consisted of both types of games, the ones he really wanted and the ones he got just because he could.
loadedboon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 loadedboon

[QUOTE="loadedboon"]

[QUOTE="Tyrant156"] Why would you go and buy a game you really wanted if you pirate games for free? yeah people who pirate games collect a bunch of games they normally wouldn't buy but they pirate the games they really want as well. It's the games they are the most wanted that get pirated the most.Tyrant156

Dude that doesn't sound like logic at all. You speak as if you know every person that's ever pirated a game and state this as fact. I actually know people that didn't buy one single dreamcast game after piracy hit. The games consisted of both types of games, the ones he really wanted and the ones he got just because he could.

So there you have your answer to the fact that a pirated game doesn't equal to a sell for the developer if it was impossible to pirate a game.

Tyrant156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 Tyrant156

[QUOTE="Tyrant156"][QUOTE="dachase"]

loadedboon

Well I'm sure more people who own a WII know it can be done then those who don't know. Only Nintendo games sell really well on the WII. and the WII is the easiest of them all to mod but i'm not going into specifics about that :P

Easy to you and me is a different kind of easy to the rest of the population. The dreamcast required no modding at all, just pop in a copied game and it played. The great thing about consoles is the short lifespan, so no piracy methods are carried over to the next system.
loadedboon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 loadedboon

[QUOTE="loadedboon"]

[QUOTE="Tyrant156"] It matters how easy it is because just the process of getting a system modded is already too much of a hassle for some people. It also depends on awareness. If people could download games and put them right onto the system (i.e like the psp) then the problem would be much worse. I'm sure half the owners of aren't even aware that they can pirate games on the Wii. It was the same situation with music, now every knows how to download music,Tyrant156

Easy to you and me is a different kind of easy to the rest of the population. The dreamcast required no modding at all, just pop in a copied game and it played. The great thing about consoles is the short lifespan, so no piracy methods are carried over to the next system.

The WII doesn't require any modding either and even a monkey could do it and that's all I'm gonna say about it

Tyrant156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 Tyrant156

loadedboon

So there you have your answer to the fact that a pirated game doesn't equal to a sell for the developer if it was impossible to pirate a game.

Uh what? I never said it did. To say that every pirated game equals a sell to the developer is foolish, but to say that all games that are pirated equal no sells to the developer is just as illogical. People who pirate games arent lumped into a category of one or the other.
Tyrant156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 Tyrant156

loadedboon

The WII doesn't require any modding either and even a monkey could do it and that's all I'm gonna say about it

Well I didn't know that, which makes me think the majority of Wii owners don't either. I mean it is marketed toward casual gamers, I wonder if they even heard of modding and swapping.
0rin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#291 0rin
Member since 2006 • 7179 Posts
OK.. so... 15 pages and still no link to confirm TC's original post. I think the problem in this thread is people got too carried away arguing pointless details when the fact is, the Playstation Jailbreak is allowing piracy, which (theft or not) is still against the law. I fully support SONY on this 150%. If they could find a way to make it so the second you hack your PS3, it sounds an extremely loud siren, and then your system fries, I would love hearing everyone complain. It's wrong. So no matter how you try to justify it, just keep that in mind. It's illegal, and SONY is going to keep doing things to make hacking the PS3 more and more difficult. Sure Pirates will probably find ways around it. But if SONY keeps up on it, eventually one side is going to give up.
blitzcloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 blitzcloud
Member since 2007 • 1229 Posts

loadedboon

That's not true either. Some people just want to save up for goods they can't steal, like a console, a HDTV. So they choose the easiest crime. While it's true that a download doesn't always equate a loss, you can't say that there weren't losses at all either. It's a problem that needs some kind of solution. But developers sem to care zero about the legit consumers so meh. They will keep with dlc on disc tactics to screw the ones who support them even further.