Sony block access to PSN for PSJAILBREAK users

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sangu1ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#102 Sangu1ne
Member since 2006 • 100 Posts

If he has quoted Wikipedia it MUST be true........

Ignoring the fact that laws around the world are very different and ignoring the dictionary definition of stealing still applies despite what the law says (although you are good at generalisations!), ie to take something that does not belong to you without repreive, then you are still a troll who googles and wiki's his way through life.

But i must be a console kid right because you generalising mind can't possibily use anything to justify itself!

hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#104 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts

[QUOTE="hiryu3"][QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]

copyright infrigment is not the same as stealing. Learn the difference.

And I'm not downloading anything since I don't own a PS3 but I can understand people who do it with those games which last you a few hours and having to pay $60-70 for them.

UnrealDelusion

your senes of morals blows my minds. Justify all you want stealing is stealing. Downloading a game that lasts 4 hours but costs $70 is not a reason to get it for free. Ever heard of rental services?

Rentinga game isstealing it. Since you didn't the developers who worked hard on the game to play it.

So your point?

wrong Blockbuster and other rental companies pay a higher price for these games for rental purposes. Look up any price that these companies pay and it is either 4-5 times higher than the average game price. Either way money is trading hands and the developers get their money and renting is NOT ILLEGAL like piracy/copyright infringement or whatever semantic loophole you try to twist to justify your position. renting != piracy stealing = piracy copyright infringement = stealing
UnrealDelusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#106 UnrealDelusion
Member since 2010 • 262 Posts

[QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]

[QUOTE="hiryu3"] your senes of morals blows my minds. Justify all you want stealing is stealing. Downloading a game that lasts 4 hours but costs $70 is not a reason to get it for free. Ever heard of rental services?hiryu3

Rentinga game isstealing it. Since you didn't the developers who worked hard on the game to play it.

So your point?

wrong Blockbuster and other rental companies pay a higher price for these games for rental purposes. Look up any price that these companies pay and it is either 4-5 times higher than the average game price. Either way money is trading hands and the developers get their money and renting is NOT ILLEGAL like piracy/copyright infringement or whatever semantic loophole you try to twist to justify your position. renting != piracy stealing = piracy copyright infringement = stealing

You still didn't buy the game so you stole the game.

Sangu1ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Sangu1ne

[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]

So your point?

UnrealDelusion

wow, the rental stores pay a licensing fee, above what you pay for the price of the rental.

You didn't pay full price to own the game and thus to the logic in this thread it is stealing and no rental services don't pay fees.

Clearly not, as long as consideration was given, at any level. Consideration was given and accepted was granted, hence a contract. This is true of common and civil law, but hey you know that don't ya? Your perception of the logic in this thread is still flawed.

abuabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 abuabed
Member since 2005 • 6606 Posts
Good if true. And for Mr. Delusional: I would like to see you making software products in the future so that I can pirate them for free and then ask: "How the hell does it feel to get pirated?" Would be nice to know the answer ;)
Sangu1ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Sangu1ne

No you are just more stupid than a donkey but that's okay your parents don't cry themselves to sleep anymore for having you.

Oh what a surprise not retort that can correct me so resort to being a child!!!

so basically you really are just the console kid you despise -FAIL!

zero_snake99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#111 zero_snake99
Member since 2004 • 3478 Posts

STOP FEEDING THE TROLL.

Admins/Mods are obviously still asleep. Ignore him!!

abuabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 abuabed

STOP FEEDING THE TROLL.

zero_snake99
Last time I posted "Troll Detected" Image for someone who was really trolling I got point deduction. I don't want the mods to make the same mistake twice :P
blitzcloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 blitzcloud
Member since 2007 • 1229 Posts

[QUOTE="blitzcloud"]He did not insult anyone.bleehum
:| What have you been reading?

I should have added ... till he started getting insulted, or accused of endorsing piracy which he didn't do.

People shouldn't get so heated up when he wasnt implying anything about piracy being good.

Also I find the argument that every download is a sale lost wrong.

My DVD reader is disconnected (damn you 5850 and your dual powercord needs). So if I buy anything I gotta download it and virtual drive it. For example, the CS5 student suite, which i got a code for. Also, I got once my jed knight Academy CD1 stolen... I had to virtual mount from that point on. Neither are sales lost.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

Well in that case the publishers can't expect to be obligated to receive money for the games they make.

UnrealDelusion
No, they are not entitled to revenue simply by virtue of having made a game. However, they ARE entitled to revenue if you choose to play the product of their efforts. If you don't feel a developer deserves to be paid for what they have created, you have an option to do exactly that: don't buy it. Just don't expect to get to play it without paying.
zero_snake99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 zero_snake99
[QUOTE="zero_snake99"]

STOP FEEDING THE TROLL.

abuabed
Last time I posted "Troll Detected" Image for someone who was really trolling I got point deduction. I don't want the mods to make the same mistake twice :P

Can't post image responses on these forums lol. I know what i did is "disruptive posting," but we should all leave this thread.
UnrealDelusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 UnrealDelusion

[QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]

Well in that case the publishers can't expect to be obligated to receive money for the games they make.

lowe0

No, they are not entitled to revenue simply by virtue of having made a game. However, they ARE entitled to revenue if you choose to play the product of their efforts. If you don't feel a developer deserves to be paid for what they have created, you have an option to do exactly that: don't buy it. Just don't expect to get to play it without paying.

But they got to play it without buying them so it seems those people have 3 options

Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts

It didn't take long for this troll account to turn into a suicide account did it?

abuabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 abuabed

[QUOTE="abuabed"][QUOTE="zero_snake99"]

STOP FEEDING THE TROLL.

zero_snake99

Can't post image responses on these forums lol. I know what i did is "disruptive posting," but we should all leave this thread.

For my own safety I'm going...

UnrealDelusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 UnrealDelusion

It didn't take long for this troll account to turn into a suicide account did it?

Dahaka-UK

so many accounts so little time to enlighten you people with the glory that i am

zero_snake99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 zero_snake99

[QUOTE="bleehum"][QUOTE="blitzcloud"]He did not insult anyone.blitzcloud

:| What have you been reading?

I should have added ... till he started getting insulted, or accused of endorsing piracy which he didn't do.

People shouldn't get so heated up when he wasnt implying anything about piracy being good.

My DVD reader is disconnect (damn you 5850 and your dual powercord needs). So if I buy anything I gotta download it and virtual drive it. For example, the CS5 student suite, which i got a code for. Also, I got once my jed knight Academy CD1 stolen... I had to virtual mount from that point on. Neither are sales lost.

None of those were the case for what he mentioned. He was talking about downloading PSN games. That falls into none of those categories. I've downloaded a few CDs before, but that's because my brother went on a rage spree and broke a bunch of my stuff. That's understandable, but downloading PSN games... there is no way to justify it. He also clearly stated that downloading a copy of a game isn't illegal, it is, unless you legitimately own a copy of it yourself.
UnrealDelusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 UnrealDelusion

[QUOTE="blitzcloud"]

[QUOTE="bleehum"] :| What have you been reading?zero_snake99

My DVD reader is disconnect (damn you 5850 and your dual powercord needs). So if I buy anything I gotta download it and virtual drive it. For example, the CS5 student suite, which i got a code for. Also, I got once my jed knight Academy CD1 stolen... I had to virtual mount from that point on. Neither are sales lost.

None of those were the case for what he mentioned. He was talking about downloading PSN games. That falls into none of those categories. I've downloaded a few CDs before, but that's because my brother went on a rage spree and broke a bunch of my stuff. That's understandable, but downloading PSN games... there is no way to justify it. He also clearly stated that downloading a copy of a game isn't illegal, it is, unless you legitimately own a copy of it yourself.

So in other words you pirated someone elses property and are now justifying it?

dethroned3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 dethroned3
Member since 2007 • 1104 Posts

[QUOTE="zero_snake99"][QUOTE="blitzcloud"]

UnrealDelusion

the problem is, you're condoning and encouraging piracy, and thinking its not wrong. your morals and ethics are twisted. that's the problem.

UnrealDelusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 UnrealDelusion

[QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]

[QUOTE="zero_snake99"] None of those were the case for what he mentioned. He was talking about downloading PSN games. That falls into none of those categories. I've downloaded a few CDs before, but that's because my brother went on a rage spree and broke a bunch of my stuff. That's understandable, but downloading PSN games... there is no way to justify it. He also clearly stated that downloading a copy of a game isn't illegal, it is, unless you legitimately own a copy of it yourself.dethroned3

the problem is, you're condoning and encouraging piracy, and thinking its not wrong. your morals and ethics are twisted. that's the problem.

the problem is that you peoplenot knowing the difference between stealing and copyright infrigment and pointing it out is not endorsing it.

ExESGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 ExESGO
Member since 2010 • 1895 Posts
Nothing really much new about them banning, hell, if you think about it, these kind of things are pretty insignificant.
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 lowe0

[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]

UnrealDelusion

But they got to play it without buying them so it seems those people have 3 options

That's not an argument. Hell, that's barely a sentence. Try again.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#128 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

Come on, this is an account suicide, lets just let it end and go about our business. :)

UnrealDelusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 UnrealDelusion

[QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"] No, they are not entitled to revenue simply by virtue of having made a game. However, they ARE entitled to revenue if you choose to play the product of their efforts. If you don't feel a developer deserves to be paid for what they have created, you have an option to do exactly that: don't buy it. Just don't expect to get to play it without paying.lowe0

It is life is all about choices and options so you can opt to buy the game, not buying and thus not playing it or dont'pay for it/download it and play the game

the last one isn't the correct choice but it's still one one has so no no need to try again.

zero_snake99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 zero_snake99

[QUOTE="zero_snake99"][QUOTE="blitzcloud"]

UnrealDelusion

No... he broke my CD's which I couldn't use anymore. I own a license to use the music because I purchased them, but since my physical copy was broken, I downloaded a digital copy.
dethroned3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 dethroned3

the problem is that you peoplenot knowing the difference between stealing and copyright infrigment and pointing it out is not endorsing it.

UnrealDelusion

it is stealing you little rat.

Downloading pirated movies is stealing and downloading a game is stealing.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2058650006788128918#

UnrealDelusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 UnrealDelusion

Come on, this is an account suicide, lets just let it end and go about our business. :)

jimkabrhel

You mean playing saints here and meanwhile keep on downloading music and movies and probably games too.

You're all guilty of piracy.

Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#133 Zanoh
Member since 2006 • 6942 Posts

[QUOTE="mfp16"][QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]

copyright infrigment is not the same as stealing. Learn the difference.

UnrealDelusion

There isn't one...

Yes there is to steal something you have to take an actual object (in this case the game) away from the owner (developers/publishers). So explain how you do take the object away from the owner without actually touching it.

So yes there is a difference.

Not in this case it isn't. Someone downloaded the product. While THEY can't touch it, their PS3 HOLDS (touches) said product that wasn't paid for. If you can't afford the game, just rent it.

UnrealDelusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 UnrealDelusion

[QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]

dethroned3

It's COPYRIGHT INFRIGMENT!!!!!

you don't steal anything since you never took anything away!

UnrealDelusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 UnrealDelusion

[QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

sts106mat

You mean playing saints here and meanwhile keep on downloading music and movies and probably games too.

You're all guilty of piracy.

nope, your wrong, pirates are scum basically.

so you are calling yourself scum too?

UnrealDelusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 UnrealDelusion

[QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]

[QUOTE="dethroned3"]

sts106mat

basically its stealing. if you sneak into the back door of a cinema your breaking the law, not sure if its stealing, but its wrong, just like pirating games etc is.

I already said much earlier in the thread it's wrong but apparently pointing out it is seen as copyright infrigment according to the law and not stealing is endorsing it by you people :lol:

Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#142 Zanoh
Member since 2006 • 6942 Posts

[QUOTE="sts106mat"]

[QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]

UnrealDelusion

basically its stealing. if you sneak into the back door of a cinema your breaking the law, not sure if its stealing, but its wrong, just like pirating games etc is.

I already said much earlier in the thread it's wrong but apparently pointing out it is seen as copyright infrigment according to the law and not stealing is endorsing it by you people :lol:

Copyright infringement = to infringe with the intent of stealing = stealing.

Common logic mate, it's stealing. XD

UnrealDelusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 UnrealDelusion

[QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]

[QUOTE="sts106mat"]

Zanoh

No it's not stealing in the context of taking something away from someone.

dethroned3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 dethroned3

[QUOTE="Zanoh"]

[QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]

UnrealDelusion

go watch the damn ad.

it says that piracy is stealing in plain and simple english.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 lowe0

[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]

UnrealDelusion

It is life is all about choices and options so you can opt to buy the game, not buying and thus not playing it or dont'pay for it/download it and play the game

the last one isn't the correct choice but it's still one one has so no no need to try again.

Except your post that I replied to wasn't at all about options; it was about whether the developer was entitled to revenue for having made a game. I pointed out that there was already a perfectly legitimate way to not reward developers for games you feel are not worth the purchase price. The "option" of playing the game without compensating the developer (directly or indirectly) is therefore unnecessary.
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44313 Posts

No if's and or Butts, it's called Intellectual Property ( IP) and to use it without paying the owner is indeed stealing unless he/she gifts it to you or makes it public domain.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

good, if you are a thief you deserve to get punished for it.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#150 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

[QUOTE="Zanoh"]

[QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]

UnrealDelusion

So if i used some clever hacks and transferred money from your bank account and digitally put into mine then i am not stealing? That sounds sweet to me, since i never really TOOK that money physically so using your logic i am not stealing?