Sony block access to PSN for PSJAILBREAK users

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mrmcygan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mrmcygan
Member since 2010 • 882 Posts

The recently held maintainance was for a reason after all. Several reports from users the world over suggests that you can no longer access PSN if you have been foolish enough to use the PSJAILBREAK device.

Our sources can confirm that this is indeed true and Sony has blocked access to PSN for anyone with a hacked PS3. This was implemented during the recently concluded maintainance that PSN went through last night.

Do note that this will be in effect even if you DON'T update to the current firmware update. Sony has implemented a system which will detect your hacked PS3 as soon as you connect to PSN.

If you have been using the PSJ and can't access PSN yourselves, kindly let us know. You should have known better though, you got what you deserved!

http://www.psbeyond.com/news/Sony-block-access-to-PSN-for-PSJAILBREAK-users.18916.html

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

You mean they get to play those overpriced retail and psn games for free?

and there are alternatives for MP besides PSN.

So no harm done for people who have a Jailbreaked PS3.

UnrealDelusion

Are you trying to justify stealing someone else's work?

UnrealDelusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 UnrealDelusion
Member since 2010 • 262 Posts

[QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]

waltefmoney

You're not stealing anything.

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 waltefmoney

[QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

[QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]

UnrealDelusion

Yeah, you're just downloading it for free without them knowing instead of paying for it like they intended to.

Khoo1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#7 Khoo1992
Member since 2005 • 2472 Posts

Are there links?

mfp16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 mfp16
Member since 2006 • 4551 Posts

[QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

[QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]

UnrealDelusion

Yeah, you're just downloading it for free without them knowing instead of paying for it like they intended to.

copyright infrigment is not the same as stealing. Learn the difference.

There isn't one...
UnrealDelusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 UnrealDelusion

[QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]

[QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

mfp16

There isn't one...

Yes there is to steal something you have to take an actual object (in this case the game) away from the owner (developers/publishers). So explain how you do take the object away from the owner without actually touching it.

So yes there is a difference.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23944 Posts

As long as it doesnt affect legit users in a negative way, they can try to prevent pirates how much they want. Problem though is that I am fairly certain pirates will try to find a way to get behind this new block.

mfp16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 mfp16
Member since 2006 • 4551 Posts

[QUOTE="mfp16"][QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]

UnrealDelusion

There isn't one...

Yes there is to steal something you have to take an actual object (in this case the game) away from the owner (developers/publishers). So explain how you do take the object away from the owner without actually touching it.

No where is it said that you "have to take an actual object"... it's still stealing... so no, there isn't a difference.
UnrealDelusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 UnrealDelusion

[QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]

[QUOTE="mfp16"] There isn't one...mfp16

No where is it said that you "have to take an actual object"... it's still stealing... so no, there isn't a difference.

You can't steal something without taking it away from someone.

The crime you are commiting is copyright infrigment which is not the same as stealing. Simple as that.

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 waltefmoney

And I'm not downloading anything since I don't own a PS3 but I can understand people who do it with those games which last you a few hours and having to pay $60-70 for them.

UnrealDelusion

Gaming is a hobby, no one is obligating them to play video games.

UnrealDelusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 UnrealDelusion

[QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]

And I'm not downloading anything since I don't own a PS3 but I can understand people who do it with those games which last you a few hours and having to pay $60-70 for them.

waltefmoney

Well in that case the publishers can't expect to be obligated to receive money for the games they make.

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 waltefmoney

[QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

[QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]

UnrealDelusion

Well in that case the publishers can't expect to be obligated to receive money for the games they make.

Yes they can, they've invested money and time.

Avatar image for broken_bass_bin
broken_bass_bin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 broken_bass_bin
Member since 2009 • 7515 Posts

[QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

[QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]

UnrealDelusion

What? Making games isn't a hobby, it's a business.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
firstly..no link... secondly.. i dont have a hacked ps3..and i cant access psn.. which means its just standard maintenance.. good day sir..
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

[QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

[QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]

UnrealDelusion

your using it without license which IS stealin

And tbh i would watch what your saying bout this and how you say it cause your trying to justify it and that dont go down to welll with the mods.

Avatar image for broken_bass_bin
broken_bass_bin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 broken_bass_bin
Member since 2009 • 7515 Posts

UnrealDelusion

The crime you are commiting is copyright infrigment which is not the same as stealing. Simple as that.

Stop making up laws,

If you use someone's goods or services without compensating them for it, that's stealing. Whether it's a physical object or not is irrelevant.

UnrealDelusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 UnrealDelusion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_infringement

Next time do your homework if you don't know the difference.

mrmcygan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mrmcygan
Member since 2010 • 882 Posts

firstly..no link... secondly.. i dont have a hacked ps3..and i cant access psn.. which means its just standard maintenance.. good day sir..campzor

linked

FreshDimSum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FreshDimSum
Member since 2008 • 605 Posts
[QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"] You can't steal something without taking it away from someone. The crime you are commiting is copyright infrigment which is not the same as stealing. Simple as that.

you kidding rite? so taking someones thoughts, ideas, work, taking full credit for someones else's efforts in your mind isnt considered stealing that the act of stealing involves a tangible object? So ppl just copyright documents, formulas, techniques, methods, literature, etc etc for what? to prevent others from duplicating it for personal use or mass distribution for nonprofit or gain.... in other words... not to steal it. if you think that pirating doesnt effect the gaming industry (music and movies as well) you totally wrong. the money it takes to hire staff and develop the game is in the millions. they then sell they finish product to make a profit to in turn make more games for everyone to enjoy. pirating is no different than taking the money they would have made out of their pockets.
Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts

UnrealDelusion
You're trying to justify piracy yet you admit it's a crime. You must be real delusional like your name implies. Also you must of missed the paragraph titled "Theft". Whether theres a difference or not is besides the point, it's still the wrong thing to do.
UnrealDelusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 UnrealDelusion

[QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]

Dahaka-UK

You're trying to justify piracy yet you admit it's a crime. You must be real delusional like your name implies. Also you must of missed the paragraph titled "Theft". Whether theres a difference or not is besides the point, it's still the wrong thing to do.

I'm not justifying it. Yes it is acrime but it is not stealing.

UnrealDelusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 UnrealDelusion

[QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"] You can't steal something without taking it away from someone. The crime you are commiting is copyright infrigment which is not the same as stealing. Simple as that.FreshDimSum
you kidding rite? so taking someones thoughts, ideas, work, taking full credit for someones else's efforts in your mind isnt considered stealing that the act of stealing involves a tangible object? So ppl just copyright documents, formulas, techniques, methods, literature, etc etc for what? to prevent others from duplicating it for personal use or mass distribution for nonprofit or gain.... in other words... not to steal it. if you think that pirating doesnt effect the gaming industry (music and movies as well) you totally wrong. the money it takes to hire staff and develop the game is in the millions. they then sell they finish product to make a profit to in turn make more games for everyone to enjoy. pirating is no different than taking the money they would have made out of their pockets.

Piracy has been around for more then 20 years for the games, music and movie industry.

Guess what they are still around and making more money then ever so yes it's really hurting them :roll:

As for the bolded part an illegaly downloaded game doesn't equal a sale.

UnrealDelusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 UnrealDelusion

[QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

And tbh i would watch what your saying bout this and how you say it cause your trying to justify it and that dont go down to welll with the mods.

razgriz_101

I'm not justifying anything just trying to educate you console kids on the difference between stealing and copyright infrigment.

Sorry mr high and mighty that i am a lesser being because i didnt know.

And im not a kidand i dont play on consoles all that much i tend to find myself outside more often and doing something called work just lucky todays my day off :)

But your attitude stinks more than PNF's...

So me being right and you being wrong is me having a stinking attidude? :lol:

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 waltefmoney

Piracy has been around for more then 20 years for the games, music and movie industry.

Guess what they are still around and making more money then ever so yes it's really hurting them :roll:

As for the bolded part an illegaly downloaded game doesn't equal a sale.

UnrealDelusion

Just because they're still in business doesn't mean it's not hurting them. You see companies trying to combat piracy every day.

zero_snake99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 zero_snake99
Member since 2004 • 3478 Posts

UnrealDelusion

So are you saying it's ok for me or anyone else to use counterfeit money? It wouldn't be stealing since I didn't take anyones money :roll:. Good god, some of these people...
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]

I'm not justifying anything just trying to educate you console kids on the difference between stealing and copyright infrigment.

UnrealDelusion

Sorry mr high and mighty that i am a lesser being because i didnt know.

And im not a kidand i dont play on consoles all that much i tend to find myself outside more often and doing something called work just lucky todays my day off :)

But your attitude stinks more than PNF's...

So me being right and you being wrong is me having a stinking attidude? :lol:

your tone trying to incinute by probably most likely my sig that i am a console kid and the way you post in retaliation is rather arrogant :) sorry if im speaking the truth but you have a really arrogant attitude and that is something i despise.

Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts

[QUOTE="Dahaka-UK"][QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]

UnrealDelusion

I'm not justifying it. Yes it is acrime but it is not stealing.

If your first post is anything to go by, you're definitely trying to justify piracy lol. I've seen plenty of people in extreme denial before and you are no exception.
shinrabanshou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 shinrabanshou
Member since 2009 • 8458 Posts

Someone's actually defending piracy? Lol.

zero_snake99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 zero_snake99

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]

UnrealDelusion

I'll risk the suspension for this.

You are promoting piracy, insulting EVERYONE on these forums and thinking your King freaking Kahuna. Us "console kids" have PC's. PC is my main platform, and it's people like you that is killing the industry. The reason why ALMOST EVERY SINGLE PC DEV makes dumbed down games for consoles now is because your kind pirate games and take away they money they should have made. They spend millions and millions of dollars to make something that people would enjoy, and YOU take it illegal. Don't tell me you don't pirate because you'd be lying out your ass with the way you're trying to justify piracy.

blitzcloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 blitzcloud
Member since 2007 • 1229 Posts

UnrealDelusion

There isn't one...

Going by that logic, if your boss doesn't pay you, he didn't steal anything from you, except intangible hours of work. So it's all good, it was just a contract infringement so it's not the same as stealing. All good, no losses there.

shinrabanshou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 shinrabanshou
Member since 2009 • 8458 Posts

I'll risk the suspension for this.

zero_snake99

Dude, don't get so worked up over a level 5 whose probably just an old bandodger anyway.

UnrealDelusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 UnrealDelusion

[QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]

[QUOTE="mfp16"] There isn't one...blitzcloud

Going by that logic, if your boss doesn't pay you, he didn't steal anything from you, except intangible hours of work. So it's all good, it was just a contract infringement so it's not the same as stealing. All good, no losses there.

You're right the crime he commits isn't theft but breach of contract

FreshDimSum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 FreshDimSum
Member since 2008 • 605 Posts
As for the bolded part an illegaly downloaded game doesn't equal a sale.UnrealDelusion
are u serious? the developers didnt intend on letting anyone illegally download their game by any means. the only way to have the game is by purchasing it at one point or another. a game does = one sale. so i stand by my comment, if a game that is illegally download/pirated without the consent of the developers/producers (and trust, they dont consent to piracy) for personal use or distribution is stealing.
zero_snake99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 zero_snake99

[QUOTE="blitzcloud"]

[QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]

UnrealDelusion

And the crime commited during piracy is breach of license.
UnrealDelusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 UnrealDelusion

[QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]As for the bolded part an illegaly downloaded game doesn't equal a sale.FreshDimSum
are u serious? the developers didnt intend on letting anyone illegally download their game by any means. the only way to have the game is by purchasing it at one point or another. a game does = one sale. so i stand by my comment, if a game that is illegally download/pirated without the consent of the developers/producers (and trust, they dont consent to piracy) for personal use or distribution is stealing.

No you are still more wrong then anyone else in this thread. It''s not stealing it's copyright infrigment no matter how you try to spin it.

zero_snake99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 zero_snake99

[QUOTE="zero_snake99"]I'll risk the suspension for this.

shinrabanshou

Dude, don't get so worked up over a level 5 whose probably just an old bandodger anyway.

I'm sorry, it's late, and there are two things that make me rage more than anything. It's people that are ignorant, and people that try to justify something morally wrong. He falls under both of those. It's frustrating, especially as someone wanting to get into the industry. I'm over 3 years of college into the field, and I see people trying to justify this bull crap.
blitzcloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 blitzcloud

[QUOTE="blitzcloud"]

[QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]

UnrealDelusion

To the law, it is. But in moral terms if a boss doesn't pay his worker he's an exploiter and a disgraceful human being, as he got the work done, the hours were spent by the worker, and he doesn't want to pay. Same applies to piracy of games in my opinion. Although in my fair opinion the fact all games price averages to be the same is a nonsense, considering the differences in budgets and quality. The industry needs a price overhaul in my opinion. Many games should never be above 30€ due to the budget/quality of the final product. They plummet in price shortly after, so why not starting from there being a better choice for the one short of cash?

Lost planet 2, i got it for 21€ new two weeks after launch. Something's wrong with the industry for sure,but piracy doesn't help fighting any cause, it's just the case of the boss and the exploited worker, except this time the worker doesn't have any kind of syndicate to appeal and get his money.

UnrealDelusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 UnrealDelusion

[QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]

[QUOTE="blitzcloud"]

blitzcloud

To the law, it is. But in moral terms if a boss doesn't pay his worker he's an exploiter and a disgraceful human being, as he got the work done, the hours were spent by the worker, and he doesn't want to pay. Same applies to piracy of games in my opinion. Although in my fair opinion the fact all games price averages to be the same is a nonsense, considering the differences in budgets and quality. The industry needs a price overhaul in my opinion. Many games should never be above 30€ due to the budget/quality of the final product. They plummet in price shortly after, so why not starting from there being a better choice for the one short of cash?

Lost planet 2, i got it for 21€ new two weeks after launch. Something's wrong with the industry for sure,but piracy doesn't help fighting any cause, it's just the case of the boss and the exploited worker, except this time the worker doesn't have any kind of syndicate to appeal and get his money.

And in court the law applies not your moral opinions on something.

zero_snake99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 zero_snake99

[QUOTE="zero_snake99"][QUOTE="shinrabanshou"]Dude, don't get so worked up over a level 5 whose probably just an old bandodger anyway.

UnrealDelusion

I'm sorry, it's late, and there are two things that make me rage more than anything. It's people that are ignorant, and people that try to justify something morally wrong. He falls under both of those. It's frustrating, especially as someone wanting to get into the industry. I'm over 3 years of college into the field, and I see people trying to justify this bull crap.

Well enjoy your work being stolen from you :P

I'm glad you just admit it's stealing. /thread
zero_snake99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 zero_snake99

[QUOTE="blitzcloud"]

[QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]

UnrealDelusion

You clearly don't know anything about Law then.
blitzcloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 blitzcloud

[QUOTE="blitzcloud"]

[QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]

UnrealDelusion

Text

Can I say that law is not going well with the times? I mean, it's kind of... outdated at this point. In a near future it will mean the same in the eyes of law. Right now it's just a legal hole because it needs to be updated.

Although that will be when digital downloads are all over the place. RIght now the hosted ISO files can perfectly mean a backup copy because you dont have the means to create one yourself, or the **** quality of the DVD they stamped the data on and sold you with the price of quality gold got a few scratches and wont read, etc.

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 waltefmoney

[QUOTE="zero_snake99"]I'm glad you just admit it's stealing. /threadUnrealDelusion

I'm not admitting it's stealing since i already posted a link which proved it isn't stealing. Just because your puny console gamer mind can't grasp the difference doesn't mean there isn't one.

This thread is seriously getting out of hand.