Some Little Known Facts About The Wii U

• 179 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18261 Posts

It sounds great, now all we need is a worth library.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
funny.. ur post charizard was 50x more exciting than everything nintendo has done for the whole year. No dvds/blurays is a bit disappointing, but i have a ps3 so its not that important...other than that..sounds good.
Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#53 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

Nice round-up. I'm getting excited for it.

Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

• The Wii U uses a proprietary Blu Ray disc format for its games. Much like the Wii, which used a proprietary DVD format that Nintendo specifically developed for the console, the Wii U uses a modified Blu Ray format. A Wii U disc holds 25 GB of data per layer, which is the exact same as a Blu Ray disc. In spite of this, however, the Wii U will not play Blu Ray or DVD movies, a decision Nintendo probably made to avoid licensing fees. lolololololololololol good for business, bad for the sheep... I mean, really??? :lol:
  • The first system ever to have a social network integrated at the OS level. Nintendo is creating an entirely new social network for the Wii U (which it promises will later come to the 3DS too) in the hopes to recreate that feel of community gaming that existed before the rise of the internet, on the internet. Miiverse has status messages, video and screenshot sharing, messaging, user tips and help, and more. The Wii U thus becomes the first system to integrate a social network at the OS level. Casual crap... sorry but had to say it.
  • The Wii U (probably) has 1.5 GB RAM on the final retail system... and 512 MB of this is saved for the OS. In what is unprecedented, Nintendo is reportedly dedicating 512MB of its system memory to just the OS. This is probably to enable full multitasking, Miiverse, streaming to the controller, and more, all at once, but it hints at a fully featured OS for Nintendo's new system. For context, 512MB is the total RAM that Xbox 360 and PS3 have available to them. Nintendo is apparently saving that much just for OS processes. Not a fact when you have to include the "probably" part, uh??
  • The Wii U will play used games. Unlike both the next Xbox and the PS4, which are rumored to block used games, the Wii U will play used and borrowed games without any restrictions or limitations. Also, not a fact... you can't use this as a point for the WiiU when you don't know if it is true the nextbox and PS4 will implement that.
  • 3D Compatible: The Wii U supports the HDMI 1.3 output standard, which means that if it is connected to a 3DTV, it can output 3D images, if the software supports it. What??? what about the glassless 3D is the future???? lmao!!!
  • Apparently, there will be an apps marketplace. This is one of the oldest and most persistent rumors about the system, and we haven't received confirmation about it either way, so just take it with a pinch of salt. Also not a fact

charizard1605

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
I already own one current gen console. I don't need another one. I am waiting til next gen to see what the PS4 offers. If they fight used games on the PS4, then I am done with consoles altogether.
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#56 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]

• The Wii U uses a proprietary Blu Ray disc format for its games. Much like the Wii, which used a proprietary DVD format that Nintendo specifically developed for the console, the Wii U uses a modified Blu Ray format. A Wii U disc holds 25 GB of data per layer, which is the exact same as a Blu Ray disc. In spite of this, however, the Wii U will not play Blu Ray or DVD movies, a decision Nintendo probably made to avoid licensing fees. I am a cow, so I hate Wii U:lol:
  • The first system ever to have a social network integrated at the OS level. Nintendo is creating an entirely new social network for the Wii U (which it promises will later come to the 3DS too) in the hopes to recreate that feel of community gaming that existed before the rise of the internet, on the internet. Miiverse has status messages, video and screenshot sharing, messaging, user tips and help, and more. The Wii U thus becomes the first system to integrate a social network at the OS level.I am a cow, so I hate Wii U
  • The Wii U (probably) has 1.5 GB RAM on the final retail system... and 512 MB of this is saved for the OS. In what is unprecedented, Nintendo is reportedly dedicating 512MB of its system memory to just the OS. This is probably to enable full multitasking, Miiverse, streaming to the controller, and more, all at once, but it hints at a fully featured OS for Nintendo's new system. For context, 512MB is the total RAM that Xbox 360 and PS3 have available to them. Nintendo is apparently saving that much just for OS processes.I am a cow, so I hate Wii U
  • The Wii U will play used games. Unlike both the next Xbox and the PS4, which are rumored to block used games, the Wii U will play used and borrowed games without any restrictions or limitations.I am a cow, so I hate Wii U
  • 3D Compatible: The Wii U supports the HDMI 1.3 output standard, which means that if it is connected to a 3DTV, it can output 3D images, if the software supports it.I am a cow, so I hate Wii U
  • Apparently, there will be an apps marketplace. This is one of the oldest and most persistent rumors about the system, and we haven't received confirmation about it either way, so just take it with a pinch of salt.I am a cow, so I hate Wii U

GreenGoblin2099

Here I translated the fanboy talk to English. :P

GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 GreenGoblin2099

[QUOTE="GreenGoblin2099"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]

• The Wii U uses a proprietary Blu Ray disc format for its games. Much like the Wii, which used a proprietary DVD format that Nintendo specifically developed for the console, the Wii U uses a modified Blu Ray format. A Wii U disc holds 25 GB of data per layer, which is the exact same as a Blu Ray disc. In spite of this, however, the Wii U will not play Blu Ray or DVD movies, a decision Nintendo probably made to avoid licensing fees. I am a cow, so I hate Wii U:lol:
  • The first system ever to have a social network integrated at the OS level. Nintendo is creating an entirely new social network for the Wii U (which it promises will later come to the 3DS too) in the hopes to recreate that feel of community gaming that existed before the rise of the internet, on the internet. Miiverse has status messages, video and screenshot sharing, messaging, user tips and help, and more. The Wii U thus becomes the first system to integrate a social network at the OS level.I am a cow, so I hate Wii U
  • The Wii U (probably) has 1.5 GB RAM on the final retail system... and 512 MB of this is saved for the OS. In what is unprecedented, Nintendo is reportedly dedicating 512MB of its system memory to just the OS. This is probably to enable full multitasking, Miiverse, streaming to the controller, and more, all at once, but it hints at a fully featured OS for Nintendo's new system. For context, 512MB is the total RAM that Xbox 360 and PS3 have available to them. Nintendo is apparently saving that much just for OS processes.I am a cow, so I hate Wii U
  • The Wii U will play used games. Unlike both the next Xbox and the PS4, which are rumored to block used games, the Wii U will play used and borrowed games without any restrictions or limitations.I am a cow, so I hate Wii U
  • 3D Compatible: The Wii U supports the HDMI 1.3 output standard, which means that if it is connected to a 3DTV, it can output 3D images, if the software supports it.I am a cow, so I hate Wii U
  • Apparently, there will be an apps marketplace. This is one of the oldest and most persistent rumors about the system, and we haven't received confirmation about it either way, so just take it with a pinch of salt.I am a cow, so I hate Wii U

bbkkristian

Here I translated the fanboy talk to English. :P

jn-150x150.jpg

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#58 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]

• The Wii U uses a proprietary Blu Ray disc format for its games. Much like the Wii, which used a proprietary DVD format that Nintendo specifically developed for the console, the Wii U uses a modified Blu Ray format. A Wii U disc holds 25 GB of data per layer, which is the exact same as a Blu Ray disc. In spite of this, however, the Wii U will not play Blu Ray or DVD movies, a decision Nintendo probably made to avoid licensing fees. lolololololololololol good for business, bad for the sheep... I mean, really??? :lol:
  • The first system ever to have a social network integrated at the OS level. Nintendo is creating an entirely new social network for the Wii U (which it promises will later come to the 3DS too) in the hopes to recreate that feel of community gaming that existed before the rise of the internet, on the internet. Miiverse has status messages, video and screenshot sharing, messaging, user tips and help, and more. The Wii U thus becomes the first system to integrate a social network at the OS level. Casual crap... sorry but had to say it.
  • The Wii U (probably) has 1.5 GB RAM on the final retail system... and 512 MB of this is saved for the OS. In what is unprecedented, Nintendo is reportedly dedicating 512MB of its system memory to just the OS. This is probably to enable full multitasking, Miiverse, streaming to the controller, and more, all at once, but it hints at a fully featured OS for Nintendo's new system. For context, 512MB is the total RAM that Xbox 360 and PS3 have available to them. Nintendo is apparently saving that much just for OS processes. Not a fact when you have to include the "probably" part, uh??
  • The Wii U will play used games. Unlike both the next Xbox and the PS4, which are rumored to block used games, the Wii U will play used and borrowed games without any restrictions or limitations. Also, not a fact... you can't use this as a point for the WiiU when you don't know if it is true the nextbox and PS4 will implement that.
  • 3D Compatible: The Wii U supports the HDMI 1.3 output standard, which means that if it is connected to a 3DTV, it can output 3D images, if the software supports it. What??? what about the glassless 3D is the future???? lmao!!!
  • Apparently, there will be an apps marketplace. This is one of the oldest and most persistent rumors about the system, and we haven't received confirmation about it either way, so just take it with a pinch of salt. Also not a fact

GreenGoblin2099

I like how you had to selectively choose a few points and couldn't even make an argument for some of them.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 bbkkristian

jn-150x150.jpg

GreenGoblin2099
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]

So yes, the Wii U might be doing a lot wrong, but there's a lot that is surprisingly progressive about it, even more so when one considers that this is all coming from Nintendo.

charizard1605

Nothing you listed but the social network thing is progressive and the social network thing hasn't even been tested by the public to see how well it works.

All games being available digitally day one is also progressive, I'd say.

Nintendo merely catching up to the times, everyone else has had a digital service way before, and obviously due to them implementing it after the consoles launched the catalogues won't be as extensive.

GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 GreenGoblin2099

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]

Big_Pecks

I like how you had to selectively choose a few points and couldn't even make an argument for some of them.

There was nothign wrong with the rest, so why should I??

Avatar image for deactivated-609eda8a7edd0
deactivated-609eda8a7edd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62 deactivated-609eda8a7edd0
Member since 2012 • 1173 Posts

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="GD1551"]

Nothing you listed but the social network thing is progressive and the social network thing hasn't even been tested by the public to see how well it works.

GD1551

All games being available digitally day one is also progressive, I'd say.

Nintendo merely catching up to the times, everyone else has had a digital service way before, and obviously due to them implementing it after the consoles launched the catalogues won't be as extensive.

No console has ever had "ALL" of there games released digitally from day one. Nice try at downplaying it though.
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 GreenGoblin2099

jn-150x150.jpg

bbkkristian

hug__by_Defies.jpg

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

• The Wii U uses a proprietary Blu Ray disc format for its games. Much like the Wii, which used a proprietary DVD format that Nintendo specifically developed for the console, the Wii U uses a modified Blu Ray format. A Wii U disc holds 25 GB of data per layer, which is the exact same as a Blu Ray disc. In spite of this, however, the Wii U will not play Blu Ray or DVD movies, a decision Nintendo probably made to avoid licensing fees.

Very smart if true.. I believe the 720 should take this route as well.. and use DD to combat bluray.

• The first system ever to have a social network integrated at the OS level. Nintendo is creating an entirely new social network for the Wii U (which it promises will later come to the 3DS too) in the hopes to recreate that feel of community gaming that existed before the rise of the internet, on the internet. Miiverse has status messages, video and screenshot sharing, messaging, user tips and help, and more. The Wii U thus becomes the first system to integrate a social network at the OS level.
Cool if true but to bragg about a feature that is "technically possible" with the likes of SN's on current gen system's is reaching IMHO.
  • The Wii U (probably) has 1.5 GB RAM on the final retail system... and 512 MB of this is saved for the OS. In what is unprecedented, Nintendo is reportedly dedicating 512MB of its system memory to just the OS. This is probably to enable full multitasking, Miiverse, streaming to the controller, and more, all at once, but it hints at a fully featured OS for Nintendo's new system. For context, 512MB is the total RAM that Xbox 360 and PS3 have available to them. Nintendo is apparently saving that much just for OS processes.
If true this will infact make the wii-u a powerful console.. but in turn make the 720/PS4 even more powerful.. :D
  • The Wii U will play used games. Unlike both the next Xbox and the PS4, which are rumored to block used games, the Wii U will play used and borrowed games without any restrictions or limitations.
You have absolutely NO PROOF that the 720/PS4 will go this route and you'd be a damn fool to think they would.
  • Media functionality. Nintendo will not allow for DVDs and Blu Rays to play on the Wii U. However, they have expanded the media functionality of the Wii U, allowing for Amazon Instant, Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Youtube. There is also allegedly an eBook marketplace in the works.
I would need actual confirmation on this one.. but smart if true.. I personally believe br was/is caught inbetween the next transition which is digital content. And it may lose in the future.

charizard1605

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#65 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

so what your saying is WII U will rock a wanna be blue ray drive lol

and

will charge 100% same price digitally vs retail even tough they are skipping the middle man, saving on packaging, and shipping cost?

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 bbkkristian

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] All games being available digitally day one is also progressive, I'd say.GD1551

Reread what he wrote again.
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#67 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

funny.. ur post charizard was 50x more exciting than everything nintendo has done for the whole year. No dvds/blurays is a bit disappointing, but i have a ps3 so its not that important...other than that..sounds good.campzor
If it brings down costs it's not as big a deal as it used to be. Chances are it'll have Netflix seeing as the Wii does. I'm pretty sure that's enough for most people.

Personally I'd prefer being able to play DVDs, since I don't use Netflix and I still buy DVDs. That was one of my biggest problems with the Wii really.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

so what your saying is WII U will rock a wanna be blue ray drive lol

and

will charge 100% same price digitally vs retail even tough they are skipping the middle man, saving on packaging, and shipping cost?

k2theswiss
Well, if you take a look at how they're handling 3ds's e shop, one should expect to them to cost the same if not more(some territories are charging more than retail) than their boxed counterparts.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts

[QUOTE="campzor"]funny.. ur post charizard was 50x more exciting than everything nintendo has done for the whole year. No dvds/blurays is a bit disappointing, but i have a ps3 so its not that important...other than that..sounds good.nintendofreak_2

If it brings down costs it's not as big a deal as it used to be. Chances are it'll have Netflix seeing as the Wii does. I'm pretty sure that's enough for most people.

Personally I'd prefer being able to play DVDs, since I don't use Netflix and I still buy DVDs. That was one of my biggest problems with the Wii really.

i dont think australia has netflix, though not 100% sure about that

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-609eda8a7edd0
[QUOTE="nintendofreak_2"]

[QUOTE="campzor"]funny.. ur post charizard was 50x more exciting than everything nintendo has done for the whole year. No dvds/blurays is a bit disappointing, but i have a ps3 so its not that important...other than that..sounds good.campzor

i dont think australia has netflix, though not 100% sure about that

You are right, they were planning to bring it in this year but didn't bother.
layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 layton2012
Member since 2011 • 3489 Posts
[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="PCgameruk"]

So does the WiiU have a hard drive or what? If its offering all its games digital then it need something to store em on.

charizard1605

It's rumored to have three different sku's ranging from $249 to $349 and if that's true there might be different sized HDDs (I sure hope so).

I think the SKUs have nothing to do with hard drive size. I think each SKU ships with 8GB of on board flash memory. From my understanding, here's the SKU configuration: $249: Wii U console+controller $299: Wii U console+Nintendo Land $349: Wii U console:controller+Nintendo Land+Wii U Pro controller

I though I read the rumored 349 console would come with two gamepads, am I wrong.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-609eda8a7edd0
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"]It's rumored to have three different sku's ranging from $249 to $349 and if that's true there might be different sized HDDs (I sure hope so).layton2012
I think the SKUs have nothing to do with hard drive size. I think each SKU ships with 8GB of on board flash memory. From my understanding, here's the SKU configuration: $249: Wii U console+controller $299: Wii U console+Nintendo Land $349: Wii U console:controller+Nintendo Land+Wii U Pro controller

I though I read the rumored 349 console would come with two gamepads, am I wrong.

Nothing is set in stone, I believe by the coming Thursday we will know everything we need to.
layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 layton2012
Member since 2011 • 3489 Posts
[QUOTE="OhJayDubya"][QUOTE="layton2012"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] I think the SKUs have nothing to do with hard drive size. I think each SKU ships with 8GB of on board flash memory. From my understanding, here's the SKU configuration: $249: Wii U console+controller $299: Wii U console+Nintendo Land $349: Wii U console:controller+Nintendo Land+Wii U Pro controller

Nothing is set in stone, I believe by the coming Thursday we will know everything we need to.

I really do hope they have three SKU's though, it will have a cheap option for the casual consumers, and a more expensive option for those that want it.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Will all 3rd party games be able to download, or is it just Nintendo games that applies to?
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#75 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
Will all 3rd party games be able to download, or is it just Nintendo games that applies to?locopatho
Every game released on the Wii U from day one can be downloaded over the eShop. It's mandated by Nintendo.
Enforcedspot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Enforcedspot
Member since 2010 • 2915 Posts
going to get it one day. All I beg to nintendo for Yoshi's island and paper mario thousand year door to vitural console.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
going to get it one day. All I beg to nintendo for Yoshi's island and paper mario thousand year door to vitural console.Enforcedspot
Paper Mario will definitely be there (Nintendo confirmed Gamecube games going to the Virtual Console). Yoshi's Island used the FX chip on the SNES, which makes emulation difficult, so I would not expect it to hit the store anytime.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
[QUOTE="locopatho"]Will all 3rd party games be able to download, or is it just Nintendo games that applies to?charizard1605
Every game released on the Wii U from day one can be downloaded over the eShop. It's mandated by Nintendo.

That's pretty massive, isn't it? Surprising and cool that Nintendo are the first to have it as standard. If they are a bit cheaper then physical copies I might switch to purely digital. And hopefully they do sales at some point and not leave them at full price forever :P
Wiiyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Wiiyou
Member since 2012 • 650 Posts

Oh nice thread thx man:D

No more friend codes,yay GJ Nintendo.

Wonder if it is region-locked and if we can import games "digitally" from other regions from their service?:roll:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="campzor"]funny.. ur post charizard was 50x more exciting than everything nintendo has done for the whole year. No dvds/blurays is a bit disappointing, but i have a ps3 so its not that important...other than that..sounds good.

Thanks. Like I said, Nintendo has done an awful job of marketing the Wii U. It's sad that I have to do it for them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 deactivated-609eda8a7edd0
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="locopatho"]Will all 3rd party games be able to download, or is it just Nintendo games that applies to?locopatho

That's pretty massive, isn't it? Surprising and cool that Nintendo are the first to have it as standard. If they are a bit cheaper then physical copies I might switch to purely digital. And hopefully they do sales at some point and not leave them at full price forever :P

Nintendo blazing trails as usual.
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 GD1551

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] All games being available digitally day one is also progressive, I'd say.bbkkristian

Well I did, and I don't see what's different.

Wiiyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Wiiyou

Oh nice thread thx man :D

No more friend codes !!! GJ Nintendo, better late than never :)

Wonder if WiiU will be region-locked or if we can import games Digitally through the online service?:roll:

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 GD1551

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] All games being available digitally day one is also progressive, I'd say.OhJayDubya

No console has ever had "ALL" of there games released digitally from day one. Nice try at downplaying it though.

Downplaying what exactly? The other consoles launched their services AFTER release and before DD was so widely used and accepted, of course they wouldn't have full libraries. Not sure why you think it's some revelation that nintendo is doing the same, everyone expected this would happen for the next gen consoles.... I mean ffs iirc the PS vita is already doing this...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="locopatho"] That's pretty massive, isn't it? Surprising and cool that Nintendo are the first to have it as standard. If they are a bit cheaper then physical copies I might switch to purely digital. And hopefully they do sales at some point and not leave them at full price forever :P

Yeah, like I said, the console is surprisingly progressive in many ways. We can expect sales - Nintendo started having sales on their titles on the 3DS eShop earlier this year. However, I don't think games on the eShop will be cheaper than they are at retail. As a matter of fact, if I am not wrong, in the UK, New Super Mario Bros. 2 is actually more expensive on the eShop than it is at retail.
Wiiyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Wiiyou

[QUOTE="bbkkristian"][QUOTE="GD1551"]

GD1551

You have not been able to get ALL games digitally on any system before....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 deactivated-609eda8a7edd0

[QUOTE="bbkkristian"][QUOTE="GD1551"]

GD1551

How can they be catching up when no one has yet to have all games digitally distributed through there online stores? Nintendo will be the first to do this on a console.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="GD1551"]

[QUOTE="bbkkristian"] Reread what he wrote again.OhJayDubya

How can they be catching up when no one has yet to have all games digitally distributed through there online stores? Nintendo will be the first to do this on a console.

It can be said that they are catching up. It can also be said that in addition, they are also compensating for being so slow by setting a new standard while they are at it.
Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#89 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="PCgameruk"]

So does the WiiU have a hard drive or what? If its offering all its games digital then it need something to store em on.

charizard1605

It's rumored to have three different sku's ranging from $249 to $349 and if that's true there might be different sized HDDs (I sure hope so).

I highly doubt that Nintendo Land would be worth $50. It reminds me of Wii Play in as much as it's a meant to be bundled in some fashion as a bargain game. I'm guessing that Nintendo Land will be packed into every SKU (if there are multiple SKUs), except maybe in Japan where nothing seems to be packed in ever.

I could see the different SKUs being just different controller configurations. This way the consumer can get ahold of controllers while still cutting out the middle man in retail. The WiiU will quickly have a reputation for expensive controllers especially since there are many types of controllers with complex components. At the same time, forcing consumers to purchase controllers they do not want is stupid, even if it is at a discounted price.

I don't think any SKU will have 2 gamepads though. Just because the WiiU allows for 2 gamepads doesn't mean they are going in that direction. They are still firmly invested in the asymetric gameplay and using cheaper controllers for multiplayer. The WiiU gamepad will be VERY expensive

Having the different SKUs have different sized hard drives is also a good idea for the same reasons.

GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 GunSmith1_basic

You have absolutely NO PROOF that the 720/PS4 will go this route and you'd be a damn fool to think they would

OhSnapitz

anti-used games measures are rumoured to be the case and there were articles posted on this forum where these companies were speaking out against the used game industry. There are unsubstantiated rumours that there will be a way to undermine used games in these consoles. So MS and Sony have instroduced these issues into the conversation of what should be acceptable in a console. In that conversation, Nintendo specifically stated that used games will be playable on the system. Remember that the question was asked for a reason....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Wow, this thread was broken :(
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 GunSmith1_basic
Wow, this thread was broken :(charizard1605
if you're talking about my last post I don't know what the heck happened there but I scrambled to fix it :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Wow, this thread was broken :(GunSmith1_basic
if you're talking about my last post I don't know what the heck happened there but I scrambled to fix it :P

Well, at least it's working now :P
Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#94 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

great marketing char, really impressive.

the system is solid nintendo needs to stop being so damn secret bout it

then again nintendo didnt release info on the wii until sept as well

crippled_ram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 crippled_ram
Member since 2010 • 1583 Posts
I already own one current gen console. I don't need another one. I am waiting til next gen to see what the PS4 offers. If they fight used games on the PS4, then I am done with consoles altogether.AmazonTreeBoa
But the Wii U is not a current gen system, it is a next gen system.
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

As far as I know, there will be FCs, BUT it will be one code per system and you will use usernames. The code acts much like a phone number that's just in the background.

Mantleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Mantleman
Member since 2009 • 340 Posts

Thanks Chaz..I think thisMIGHTput all those nay-sayers to sleep about how lame the Wii U is..there is still not much we know about but overall a good list of features Nintendo didn't really lay out on the table for people..Chaz you should work for Nintendo instead:twisted:

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"]I already own one current gen console. I don't need another one. I am waiting til next gen to see what the PS4 offers. If they fight used games on the PS4, then I am done with consoles altogether.crippled_ram

It is current gen to me. I couldn't care less what others consider it.
Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

Garbage

Wiiyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Wiiyou

[QUOTE="crippled_ram"][QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"]I already own one current gen console. I don't need another one. I am waiting til next gen to see what the PS4 offers. If they fight used games on the PS4, then I am done with consoles altogether.AmazonTreeBoa

It is current gen to me. I couldn't care less what others consider it.

Get a PC if graphic is all you care about...