So what's taking X360 version of FFXIIII so long to sell 1 million?

• 95 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CammieIsWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CammieIsWii
Member since 2010 • 157 Posts

The PS3 version was able to sell 2 million copies within 24 hours of release. Aren't Xbox users grateful that Square-Enix has given them the gift of Final Fantasy?

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Not released in Japan. And it's an inferior port. That's why.
CammieIsWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 CammieIsWii

Not released in Japan. And it's an inferior port. That's why.locopatho

That's not really relevant since...

1. The Xbox 360 userbase in Japan is miniscule
  2. When FFXIII released on PS3, it was only released in Japan. Yet it still sold 2 million in 24 hours.

It's also not an inferior port. It just caters to what Xbox users want, which is....

• Standard Definition cinematics
  • Lossy audio
oajlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 oajlu
Member since 2006 • 2652 Posts

Not released in Japan. And it's an inferior port. That's why.locopatho

You sounds it's like 360 has huge user basein Japan. How many 360 sold in Japan?

http://kotaku.com/5482546/nintendo-has-sold-ten-million-wiis-in-japan

1M? lol, I doubt japanese market would help it at all.

besidebad port, FF13 (RPG) is not a mainstream on 360 user base...Most ppl like shooting games (FPS or TPS). is there any RPG game s in top 10 total sales 360 games?

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

Me thinks FF fans have ps3s, since this game wasn't announced as Multi-plat until pretty late in development.

I have a ps3, and I didn't buy it, nor do I intend to. It looks crappy.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

many people would rather get it on the PS3. The major reason many get it on the 360 is becase they didn't get a PS3 , like me.

CwlHeddwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CwlHeddwyn
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts

Xbox 360 has only sold 1 million units in Japan. to sell 1 million units EVERY user would have buy a copy. NOT GONNA happen.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"]Not released in Japan. And it's an inferior port. That's why.oajlu

You sounds it's like 360 has huge user basein Japan. How many 360 sold in Japan?

besidebad port, FF13 (RPG) is not a mainstream on 360 user base...Most ppl like shooting games (FPS or TPS). is there any RPG game s in top 10 total sales 360 games?

How many would have bought 360's for it though? Ever those massive sales spikes for PSP when Monster Hunter releases? Shooter console, lol this old chestnut. Yes as a matter of fact, Fable 2 has sold millions, I believe it's in the top 10 best selling games on 360.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

um...what?

Are you asking why its taking it so long to sell in jpn?

World wide?

Do you even have official accurate specific numbers for world wide sales yet?

Till then here are your answers...

Wasn't released in jpn.

world wide No one has specific official numbers.

ThatGuyFromB4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ThatGuyFromB4
Member since 2009 • 697 Posts

360 owners tend to realize how much JRPGs suck.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"]Not released in Japan. And it's an inferior port. That's why.CammieIsWii

2. When FFXIII released on PS3, it was only released in Japan. Yet it still sold 2 million in 24 hours.

It's also not an inferior port. It just caters to what Xbox users want, which is....

• Lossy audio

Xbox users want the best version of multiplats, and get them 99% of the time. This time we didn't, so I won't be buying it on 360. Simple :D

CammieIsWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CammieIsWii

[QUOTE="CammieIsWii"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"]Not released in Japan. And it's an inferior port. That's why.locopatho

• Lossy audio

Xbox users want the best version of multiplats, and get them 99% of the time. This time we didn't, so I won't be buying it on 360. Simple :D

Except it is the best version for xbox users since it takes advantage ofthe above mentioned Xbox 360 features

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"]

[QUOTE="CammieIsWii"]

• Lossy audio

CammieIsWii

Except it is the best version for xbox users since it takes advantage ofthe above mentioned Xbox 360 features

Haha course, the fact that 99% of PS3 multiplats are the same or inferior to 360 is ignored. Silly boy :P I'll be getting the superior PS3 version if I get any version!

majestix1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 majestix1988
Member since 2006 • 822 Posts

1. Majority of 360 gamers are Shooters Players(Mass effect 2 is a shooter with RPG)

2.Some of online gamer right now(its totally waste your money to play online game)

3.Inferiority Issues,Linear Problematic Blah blah blah because of RPG mean to be more thing to do

4.Halo are higher sellable here so its pretty easily notice that some RPG will be low success rate to sell a lot

88mphSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 88mphSlayer
Member since 2010 • 3201 Posts

the real question is: does FF13 deserve to sell 1 million copies?

CammieIsWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 CammieIsWii

[QUOTE="CammieIsWii"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"] Xbox users want the best version of multiplats, and get them 99% of the time. This time we didn't, so I won't be buying it on 360. Simple :D

locopatho

Haha course, the fact that 99% of PS3 multiplats are the same or inferior to 360 is ignored. Silly boy :P I'll be getting the superior PS3 version if I get any version!

Well, it's only superior if you have a PS3... the Xbox 360 isn't capable of the PS3 FFXIII features.

Magik85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Magik85
Member since 2009 • 1078 Posts
I guess Lems prefered to buy ME2 :P
CammieIsWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CammieIsWii

88mphSlayer

the real answer is: yes.

FF13 has a decent story and a strong cast of characters. It's cinematics are also presented in native 1080p resolution with lossless audio. It's the definitive TrueHD RPG experience.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

88mphSlayer
This. If it wasn't for its name, it wouldn't probably sell even that much.
CammieIsWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 CammieIsWii

I guess Lems prefered to buy ME2 :PMagik85

It's also possible that millions of Lems obtained their copies of FFXIII via digital distribution.... which don't count as sales.

majestix1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 majestix1988
Member since 2006 • 822 Posts

I guess Lems prefered to buy ME2 :PMagik85

because its a shooter

Majority of 360 owners are Halo gamers

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

[QUOTE="88mphSlayer"]

CammieIsWii

FF13 has a decent story and a strong cast of characters. It's cinematics are also presented in native 1080p resolution with lossless audio. It's the definitive TrueHD RPG experience.

If you scratch the "RPG" bit out of it.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 locopatho
[QUOTE="CammieIsWii"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"]

[QUOTE="CammieIsWii"]

Well, it's only superior if you have a PS3... the Xbox 360 isn't capable of the PS3 FFXIII features.

It's superior on PS3 full stop, doesn't matter what consoles someone owns. Is PS3 capable of 360 Bayonetta features :o
CwlHeddwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 CwlHeddwyn

whether the Xbox 360 version is inferior or not (it is btw) is irrelevant, the install base of the X360 is just too low and JRPGs are not a huge part of its attraction. its an American console that caters mostly for Americans and europeans.

CammieIsWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 CammieIsWii

[QUOTE="CammieIsWii"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"] Haha course, the fact that 99% of PS3 multiplats are the same or inferior to 360 is ignored. Silly boy :P I'll be getting the superior PS3 version if I get any version!

locopatho

It's superior on PS3 full stop, doesn't matter what consoles someone owns. Is PS3 capable of 360 Bayonetta features :o

I dunno. I never played Bayonetta on either system so I don't know what features it has.

CammieIsWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 CammieIsWii

whether the Xbox 360 version is inferior or not (it is btw) is irrelevant, the install base of the X360 is just too low and JRPGs are not a huge part of its attraction. its an American console that caters mostly for Americans and europeans.

CwlHeddwyn

Uh, isn't the X360 install base 5 million users bigger than the PS3 install base?

88mphSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 88mphSlayer
Member since 2010 • 3201 Posts

[QUOTE="88mphSlayer"]

CammieIsWii

i've never heard of somebody saying a game that has 1080p video files with lossless audio files = deserves 1 million sales, until now :?

i'm guessing if a movie is in 3D now it deserves buttloads of cash? wut i never...

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 WilliamRLBaker

[QUOTE="locopatho"]

[QUOTE="CammieIsWii"]

CammieIsWii

um no? FF13 turned out the way it did because of square development not because of 360 inability.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 locopatho
[QUOTE="CammieIsWii"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="CammieIsWii"]

I dunno. I never played Bayonetta on either system so I don't know what features it has.

Well it's dirty on PS Trey.
CammieIsWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 CammieIsWii

[QUOTE="CammieIsWii"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"] Haha course, the fact that 99% of PS3 multiplats are the same or inferior to 360 is ignored. Silly boy :P I'll be getting the superior PS3 version if I get any version!

WilliamRLBaker

um no? FF13 turned out the way it did because of square development not because of 360 inability.

Sorry to inform you but the Xbox 360 is not capable of outputting lossless audio, since it only has HDMI 1.2a and not HDMI 1.3, which is the minimum requrired spec for outputting multichannel LPCM. Xbox 360 is also not capable of bitstreaming lossless audio codecs either.

Also, due to extra fees associated with multiple DVD disc games on the XBox 360, the FFXIII team had to keep the number of discs limited so full 1080p cinematics was not feasable on the Xbox 360.

Avatar image for deactivated-59da85d821feb
deactivated-59da85d821feb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-59da85d821feb
Member since 2006 • 2075 Posts

[QUOTE="Magik85"]I guess Lems prefered to buy ME2 :Pmajestix1988

because its a shooter

Majority of 360 owners are Halo gamers

How is it that the PS3 has just as many, if not more, shooters as the 360?
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 WilliamRLBaker

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"][QUOTE="CammieIsWii"]

CammieIsWii

Sorry to inform you but the Xbox 360 is not capable of outputting lossless audio, since it only has HDMI 1.2a and not HDMI 1.3, which is the minimum requrired spec for outputting multichannel LPCM. Xbox 360 is also not capable of bitstreaming lossless audio codecs either.

Also, due to extra fees associated with multiple DVD disc games on the XBox 360, the FFXIII team had to keep the number of discs limited so full 1080p cinematics was not feasable on the Xbox 360.

sorry to inform you but 1.2 is capable of uncompressed pcm 7.1 360 simply does not support it. all so should inform you that the ps3 cannot bitstream them either, Go turn on your ps3 set it to bitstream on hdmi, bitstream on hdmi does not support dts hd, dolby hd or uncompressed pcm 5.1 or 7.1 on ps3.

720p cinematics, 720p gameplay is what I was refering, these not being the standard on the 360 version were because of Square enixs inability not the 360s. but please do post proof the 360 cannot do 720p cinematics or 720p, and that digital foundries comparisons of the game FF13, they didn't admit in their own comparison that all the problems with cinematics their resolutions and gameplay resolution were caused by Square and not the 360 it self.

all so per your original questions which I've all ready answered, it wasn't released in jpn, and you and no one else has official numbers on the sales of FF13 world wide.

oajlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#34 oajlu
Member since 2006 • 2652 Posts

[QUOTE="oajlu"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"]Not released in Japan. And it's an inferior port. That's why.locopatho

How many would have bought 360's for it though? Ever those massive sales spikes for PSP when Monster Hunter releases? Shooter console, lol this old chestnut. Yes as a matter of fact, Fable 2 has sold millions, I believe it's in the top 10 best selling games on 360.

Read my threads, I only said shooting game is mainstream on 360. I didnt say it's mainstream on all platforms. (For sure it's not in wii)Not sure about psp since i have no intrested of handheld console. lol ppl really cant read huh.

And you believe fable 2 is in top 10. lol my friend believes he see analien the other day.It's not on vgat chat top 10, but I know ppl would say it's not creditible.

http://www.examiner.com/x-2603-Xbox-Examiner~y2009m1d16-The-10-bestselling-Xbox-360-games-of-2008

beside 6 games has more copie sold than fable 2 in 2008. MW2, MW1, Halo 3, Halo ODST, and Gear of War 1. Do you still beleive fable 3 is on top 10?

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 WilliamRLBaker

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="oajlu"]

oajlu

Read my threads, I only said shooting game is mainstream on 360. I didnt say it's mainstream on all platforms. (For sure it's not in wii)Not sure about psp since i have no intrested of handheld console. lol ppl really cant read huh.

And you believe fable 2 is in top 10. lol my friend believes he see analien the other day.It's not on vgat chat top 10, but I know ppl would say it's not creditible.

http://www.examiner.com/x-2603-Xbox-Examiner~y2009m1d16-The-10-bestselling-Xbox-360-games-of-2008

beside 6 games has more copie sold than fable 2 in 2008. MW2, MW1, Halo 3, Halo ODST, and Gear of War 1. Do you still beleive fable 3 is on top 10?

so...your using a top ten best selling list that uses npd data...which only tracks sales in america.....hmmmm.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="oajlu"]

oajlu

According to Wikipedia's list of topselling 360 games, it's the 10th best selling 360 game of all time, with 2.6 million. I said "I believe" because people will lol at Wikipedia... But I don't know a better source. Do you?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Lightnings boobs weren't big enough to appeal to the average XBox gamer

/thread

CammieIsWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 CammieIsWii

[QUOTE="CammieIsWii"]

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"] um no? FF13 turned out the way it did because of square development not because of 360 inability.WilliamRLBaker

sorry to inform you but 1.2 is capable of uncompressed pcm 7.1 360 simply does not support it. all so should inform you that the ps3 cannot bitstream them either, Go turn on your ps3 set it to bitstream on hdmi, bitstream on hdmi does not support dts hd, dolby hd or uncompressed pcm 5.1 or 7.1 on ps3.

720p cinematics, 720p gameplay is what I was refering, these not being the standard on the 360 version were because of Square enixs inability not the 360s. but please do post proof the 360 cannot do 720p cinematics or 720p, and that digital foundries comparisons of the game FF13, they didn't admit in their own comparison that all the problems with cinematics their resolutions and gameplay resolution were caused by Square and not the 360 it self.

all so per your original questions which I've all ready answered, it wasn't released in jpn, and you and no one else has official numbers on the sales of FF13 world wide.

Actually, PS3's have been able to bitstream lossless codecs as of PS3 slim. Older model PS3s are also able to decode lossless codecs and output them as Multichannel LPCM up to 7.1 channels.

Xbox 360 can't do either of these things and is only capable of LPCM 2.0 or Dolby Digital/DTS

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44069 Posts

360 gamers like me preferring to wait for the sure to be superior JRPG.....

Lost Odyssey 2. :D

CwlHeddwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 CwlHeddwyn

[QUOTE="CwlHeddwyn"]

CammieIsWii

Uh, isn't the X360 install base 5 million users bigger than the PS3 install base?

not in Japan, the X360 install base there is 1 million. in America or Europe X360 owners are just not interested in JRPGs.
lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4862 Posts
how many copies have been sold on the PS3 since its been available on the 360? You have to compare apples to apples. I'm guessing the PS3 version has sold only about 1.2M copies since the NA release. If that number is correct, then the 360 number has to be close to 800k. More importantly, i think a lot of people have been turned off by this FF. I tried it, and thought it wasn't a very good game. The game just isnt selling like a FF game should.
mariobros1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mariobros1981
Member since 2010 • 49 Posts
Lems have plent of aaa games so far, no need to play an aa.
calvinsora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#43 calvinsora
Member since 2009 • 7076 Posts

360 owners tend to realize how much JRPGs suck.

ThatGuyFromB4

You don't like JRPGs, so you say they suck. That's awesome!

Lilyungblood08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Lilyungblood08
Member since 2006 • 380 Posts

well as much as i love my 360 i got it on ps3 becuz it was the better version maybe that has something to do with it

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#45 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
0.97 million in 3 weeks isn't a long time. Letting MS advertise SE's lazy port for them is basically free money.
farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 farnham
Member since 2003 • 21147 Posts

FF is way more popular in japan and the 1.8 million units that FF 13 sold in japan isnt really a glaring number considering that FF mainline titles usually sold about 3 million units in japan alone

Darkedge34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Darkedge34
Member since 2007 • 133 Posts

bcuz 360 iz gheyyyyyy.

Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#48 Hahadouken
Member since 2009 • 5546 Posts

[QUOTE="locopatho"]Not released in Japan. And it's an inferior port. That's why.CammieIsWii

• Lossy audio

I'll be honest, I LMAO at this. If you're going to be an obvious troll, at least be funny. Take a page out of this guys book, folks.

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Birdy09
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

88mphSlayer
Yes, its an excellent game.
calvinsora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#50 calvinsora
Member since 2009 • 7076 Posts

[QUOTE="88mphSlayer"]

Birdy09

Yes, its an excellent game.

I second that!