So what's taking X360 version of FFXIIII so long to sell 1 million?

• 95 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tbone802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 tbone802
Member since 2006 • 1195 Posts
Most people who wanted FFXIII probably already had a PS3, I know two of my friends bought their PS3's for FF before it was announced to be multiplat.
Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#52 Santesyu
Member since 2008 • 4451 Posts

360 gamers like me preferring to wait for the sure to be superior JRPG.....

Lost Odyssey 2. :D

SecretPolice
Best statement I herd in this whole thread countering the TC good job tho I have never ever played LO tho herd it was a good game and turn based.. I never ever played turn based games before but I sorta wanna try it out..I guess I am a GENERATION to late...
Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Birdy09
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

[QUOTE="ThatGuyFromB4"]

360 owners tend to realize how much JRPGs suck.

calvinsora

You don't like JRPGs, so you say they suck. That's awesome!

Ah dont sweat it, all they like these days are RPGs that are shooters and have dialogue options... because dialogue options make an RPG fun. :lol:
WardCleaver02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 WardCleaver02
Member since 2007 • 1559 Posts

My best guesstimate:

1. PS3 Exclusive in Japan.

2. The 360 has more RPGs than the PS3, so there is more competition for FFXIII on the 360.

3. Inferior version

patriots7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 patriots7672
Member since 2008 • 3249 Posts

The PS3 version is superior and the 360 never should have had it developed for it.

WardCleaver02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 WardCleaver02
Member since 2007 • 1559 Posts

:roll:

[QUOTE="calvinsora"]

[QUOTE="ThatGuyFromB4"]

Birdy09

Ah dont sweat it, all they like these days are RPGs that are shooters and have dialogue options... because dialogue options make an RPG fun. :lol:

Uh, no. Some of us prefer WRPGs because, ya know, you can actually ROLE PLAY. And, please show me the rule that says RPG can't have guns. :roll:

Brainkiller05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Brainkiller05
Member since 2005 • 28954 Posts
People prefer the better version, same story with most multiplat games only the other way around
CammieIsWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 CammieIsWii
Member since 2010 • 157 Posts

I bet there are actually 2-3 million copies of FFXIII on Xbox 360... unfortunatly, they have all been acquired via Digital Distribution.

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Birdy09
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

:roll:[QUOTE="Birdy09"][QUOTE="calvinsora"]

WardCleaver02

Uh, no. Some of us prefer WRPGs because, ya know, you can actually ROLE PLAY. And, please show me the rule that says RPG can't have guns. :roll:

Oh I like this excuse, considering limited scripted options is not near the concept of what Role-playing was before its computerized.... just like JRPGs. oh and... the shooters bit.... yea I'm refering to the shooter obsession. because WRPGs and Shooters is all that scores good now, its called "trends" ... as pointless as they are. Last Gen DA would never have got the ammount of love it does now. its ironic.
TheOwnerOner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 TheOwnerOner
Member since 2007 • 2921 Posts
Because the game sucked
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61511 Posts

The PS3 version is superior and the 360 never should have had it developed for it.

patriots7672

Disagree completely. The 360 version is still a very worthwhile game.

Persistantthug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Persistantthug
Member since 2009 • 1420 Posts

The PS3 version was able to sell 2 million copies within 24 hours of release. Aren't Xbox users grateful that Square-Enix has given them the gift of Final Fantasy?

CammieIsWii

Given?

Nothing was given.

Microsoft paid for it.

MRblue45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 MRblue45
Member since 2010 • 445 Posts

Because it's a crap game.

Darth_DuMas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Darth_DuMas
Member since 2006 • 2687 Posts

[QUOTE="locopatho"]Not released in Japan. And it's an inferior port. That's why.CammieIsWii

It's also not an inferior port. It just caters to what Xbox users want, which is....

• Standard Definition cinematics
  • Lossy audio

So does that go for all gamers who don't own a PS3, because that is essentially what you're saying. If you don't own a PS3 you have lower standards. Do PC gamers have teh lower standards as well?

EDIT: oh and grateful? you sound like this guy.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

[QUOTE="locopatho"]Not released in Japan. And it's an inferior port. That's why.CammieIsWii

That's not really relevant since...

1. The Xbox 360 userbase in Japan is miniscule
  2. When FFXIII released on PS3, it was only released in Japan. Yet it still sold 2 million in 24 hours.

It's also not an inferior port. It just caters to what Xbox users want, which is....

• Lossy audio

Because 50% of PS3 owners bought that console JUST for that game, and sales of all other games seems to blast 360 beyond PS3 sales. So cows can have this game, it was for them, but how do you explain every other multiplat game selling so bad?
Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Phazevariance

MRblue45
This. Worst of all final fantasies as rated by many fans...
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
[QUOTE="WardCleaver02"]

:roll:[QUOTE="Birdy09"] Ah dont sweat it, all they like these days are RPGs that are shooters and have dialogue options... because dialogue options make an RPG fun. :lol:Birdy09

Oh I like this excuse, considering limited scripted options is not near the concept of what Role-playing was before its computerized.... just like JRPGs. oh and... the shooters bit.... yea I'm refering to the shooter obsession. because WRPGs and Shooters is all that scores good now, its called "trends" ... as pointless as they are. Last Gen DA would never have got the ammount of love it does now. its ironic.

Bioware RPGs have always scored well. And many JRPGs have guns in them :D
calvinsora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#68 calvinsora
Member since 2009 • 7076 Posts

[QUOTE="MRblue45"]

Phazevariance

And it's also rated the best by many fans :? Two is most often the game that is considered worst, not XIII. It's just haters blowing things out of proportion.

calvinsora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 calvinsora

:roll:[QUOTE="Birdy09"][QUOTE="calvinsora"]

WardCleaver02

I don't think one genre is better than the other (I like JRPGs more, personally), but JRPGs are just as much RPGs as WRPGs. You control your character's progression AS a character (levels, stats, battle strategies, accessories, weapons). That is playing a role. I don't think actually controlling the story and narrative is a necessity in RPGs. It all goes by definition. But in no way are WRPGs more of an RPG genre than JRPGs. It's a stupid myth spread around by those that simply don't like JRPGs.

bokiloki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 bokiloki
Member since 2008 • 1452 Posts

because the userbase is for the most part 13-16 year olds who only play call of duty and halo. mass effect and fallout are really some of the only rpg's that have had sucess on 360

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Phazevariance
[QUOTE="calvinsora"]

[QUOTE="Phazevariance"][QUOTE="MRblue45"]

And it's also rated the best by many fans :? Two is most often the game that is considered worst, not XIII. It's just haters blowing things out of proportion.

Really? So haters are lying with "linear level design" and "no cities" comments that they made up? Those are two major things that FF is known to have avoided 12 times before...
SrgtSaggy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 SrgtSaggy101
Member since 2004 • 1956 Posts

cause FF sucks, yes i hate all jrpgs.

sleepingzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#73 sleepingzzz
Member since 2006 • 2263 Posts

Cause PS3 fans are full of EMO teens that love FF and JRPGs?

I don't know.

thrillh0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 thrillh0
Member since 2008 • 335 Posts

ThatGuyFromB4

^^^^

/thread

(exception being Lost Odyssey)

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 locopatho

[QUOTE="WardCleaver02"]

:roll:[QUOTE="Birdy09"] Ah dont sweat it, all they like these days are RPGs that are shooters and have dialogue options... because dialogue options make an RPG fun. :lol:calvinsora

I don't think one genre is better than the other (I like JRPGs more, personally), but JRPGs are just as much RPGs as WRPGs. You control your character's progression AS a character (levels, stats, battle strategies, accessories, weapons). That is playing a role. I don't think actually controlling the story and narrative is a necessity in RPGs. It all goes by definition. But in no way are WRPGs more of an RPG genre than JRPGs. It's a stupid myth spread around by those that simply don't like JRPGs.

I can get more health, weapons, items, magic horses and progress through a story in Zelda, does that make an RPG? I consider super linear, zero choice J"RPG"s like Final Fantasy X to be the polar opposite of a role playing game.
calvinsora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 calvinsora

[QUOTE="calvinsora"]

[QUOTE="Phazevariance"] This. Worst of all final fantasies as rated by many fans...Phazevariance

Really? So haters are lying with "linear level design" and "no cities" comments that they made up? Those are two major things that FF is known to have avoided 12 times before...

Not overblowing the flaws, overblowing that it's the worst. Most people haven't even played all FF games, but those that have usually hate 2 the most.

calvinsora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 calvinsora

[QUOTE="calvinsora"]

[QUOTE="WardCleaver02"]

locopatho

I can get more health, weapons, items, magic horses and progress through a story in Zelda, does that make an RPG? I consider super linear, zero choice J"RPG"s like Final Fantasy X to be the polar opposite of a role playing game.

You get to choose your character progression and weapons. You NEED the hookshot, the master sword, the bow and arrow, and you can't use the pieces of heart to boost any attribute but health. You can control your stats and equipment completely in JRPGs, thus, you control the character's individual progression, hence "role". Linearity and little story choice (there is choice in many other aspects) are things that don't necessarily mean that it isn't an RPG. You can disagree, but it doesn't make FF any less of an RPG.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="calvinsora"]

calvinsora

You get to choose your character progression and weapons. You NEED the hookshot, the master sword, the bow and arrow, and you can't use the pieces of heart to boost any attribute but health. You can control your stats and equipment completely in JRPGs, thus, you control the character's individual progression, hence "role". Linearity and little story choice (there is choice in many other aspects) are things that don't necessarily mean that it isn't an RPG. You can disagree, but it doesn't make FF any less of an RPG.

Can't remember controlling my stats at all :? Just remember sphere grid and equipment, which was always just a better or worse versionn of the same weapon, ie Wakka always used a ball. Maybe it's just FFX but it seems about as in depth as choosing my weapon in COD...
iwasgood2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 iwasgood2u
Member since 2009 • 831 Posts
360 fanboys just realized that it would be a waste of time to swap disc for a game that only scored 8.5. they went with the ps3 version instead or decided to rent.
MangaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#80 MangaJ
Member since 2008 • 1435 Posts

Maybe because it's a crap game. I can't believe it scored an 8.5.

Avatar image for Human-after-all
Human-after-all

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Human-after-all
Member since 2009 • 2972 Posts

[QUOTE="Magik85"]I guess Lems prefered to buy ME2 :Pmajestix1988

because its a shooter

Majority of 360 owners are Halo gamers

Its more of an RPG than FFXIII is.
2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#82 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

the existence of this game on the x360 and the fact that the game sold 1 million copy is a huge slap to the PS3 and Sony, Sony should have dealt some time exclusive deals or good exclusive content, but the only difference is some gfx downgrades!!

Zoso-8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Zoso-8
Member since 2008 • 2047 Posts
They're busy playing Halo :lol:.
JediRiff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 JediRiff
Member since 2007 • 2159 Posts

ThatGuyFromB4
Lol... I am only going by my personal preference, but that sums it up for me, pretty much. FF isnt in the same realm as games like Mass Effect 1 and 2, Dragons Age, Oblivion, etc. etc. and I am not interested in buying the game.
SgtKevali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 SgtKevali
Member since 2009 • 5763 Posts

[QUOTE="CammieIsWii"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"]Not released in Japan. And it's an inferior port. That's why.MFDOOM1983

2. When FFXIII released on PS3, it was only released in Japan. Yet it still sold 2 million in 24 hours.

• Lossy audio

That was the perfect response.

bokiloki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 bokiloki
Member since 2008 • 1452 Posts

[QUOTE="ThatGuyFromB4"]

JediRiff

Lol... I am only going by my personal preference, but that sums it up for me, pretty much. FF isnt in the same realm as games like Mass Effect 1 and 2, Dragons Age, Oblivion, etc. etc. and I am not interested in buying the game.

funny because it think the opposite. those wrpg's cant touch games like ff7, 8, 9, 10, 13, kingdom hearts, persona 3 and 4, smt nocturne, valkyria chronicles

godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#87 godzillavskong
Member since 2007 • 7904 Posts

Easy. I don't think that's a type of game that most 360 gamers care about. Everyone I know who games on the 360, minus a few, aren't in to turn-based RPGs, including myself. Plus, there are already many good RPGs available on the 360, like Mass Effect 1 & 2, Oblivion , Fallout, Fable 2, and possibly Lost Odyssey. I really think most 360 gamers play shooters and action titles, while few play the RPGs, so even a huge title like FF probably won't sell as well as it does on the PS3, especially seeing as how a lot of Playstation loyalist, who played the FF games back on PS1 and PS2, are looking forward to it more on PS3. Just my opinion on the matter, and I probably won't be buying FF for my 360 or PS3, not really my type of game.Graphics look great and the presentation looks top notch, so I hope it does well across both platforms!

djsifer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 djsifer01
Member since 2005 • 7238 Posts

the real question is: does FF13 deserve to sell 1 million copies?

88mphSlayer
Absolutely, its a great game. One of my favorite in the series.
godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#89 godzillavskong
Member since 2007 • 7904 Posts

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]

[QUOTE="CammieIsWii"]

• Lossy audio

SgtKevali

That was the perfect response.

I'm pretty sure most 360 users aren't interested in SD cut scenes or lossy audio!I know a ton of 360 users who only play their 360 on a LCD or HDTV, and I don't know a single one who plays it on a CRT tv. Unless your referring to the original Xbox.
KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#90 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

maybe people are more interested in MASS EFFECT 2, best game this gen.

nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts
[QUOTE="88mphSlayer"]

the real question is: does FF13 deserve to sell 1 million copies?

Salt_The_Fries
This. If it wasn't for its name, it wouldn't probably sell even that much.

Prove it. Lost odyssey sold around 800K so far. It didn't have neither proper advertising nor grand reviews that FF has. http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=7637http://www.gamerankings.com/xbox360/928334-lost-odyssey/index.htmlhttp://www.gamerankings.com/ps3/928790-final-fantasy-xiii/index.html Granted, FF13 wouldn't have sold as much as it did if it wasn't for its name. On the other hand, I reckon it would have gotten much better critical reception if it actually abandoned the FF franchise. Therefore, it all evens out. FF would have EASILY sold a million copies even without the name without a shred of doubt.
789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#93 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

Because most people identify it with the PS3.

Shoooryuken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Shoooryuken
Member since 2009 • 969 Posts

• Lossy audio

and more discs.
beinss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 beinss
Member since 2004 • 1838 Posts
BC its better on the PS3.