So got a PS4 for Xmas with Drive Club

This topic is locked from further discussion.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@Blabadon said:

@quadknight: tell me you're not a cow and I'll sell you a lake house in Idaho.

:D I'm a cow and proud of it seeing how Sony is by gamers for the gamers this gen. All I'm saying is that my response to you wasn't based on any allegiance, I was trying to inform you. I thought you were confused and didn't know Driveclub had bikes in it.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#202 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

@quadknight said:
@Blabadon said:

:D I'm a cow and proud of it seeing how Sony is by gamers for the gamers this gen. All I'm saying is that my response to you wasn't based on any allegiance, I was trying to inform you. I thought you were confused and didn't know Driveclub had bikes in it.

Yeah, let's make you pay to stream games you already own, let's make you pay to play PlayStation 2 games you already own, let's try to trademark the universal "Let's Play" term which we have no creation of or domain over.

By the gamers and for the gamers? More like by a corporation and for said corporations financial interests and gains.

You're living in the clouds.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#203 davem1992
Member since 2009 • 4068 Posts

@nyadc: PS2 is the exact same as what the N64 games are to the WiiU, stop acting like it's fine for others to do it but evil when Sony does it.

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1591 Posts

@davem1992 said:

@nyadc: PS2 is the exact same as what the N64 games are to the WiiU, stop acting like it's fine for others to do it but evil when Sony does it.

You are expecting to much ^^

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 davem1992

@sovkhan: It just baffles me that you see people beg Nintendo to put GameCube games on the eshop or MS to put Xbox games on XBL but it's evil when Sony does it.

Ah well, come to expect it at this point sadly.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@nyadc said:
@quadknight said:
@Blabadon said:

Yeah, let's make you pay to stream games you already own, let's make you pay to play PlayStation 2 games you already own, let's try to trademark the universal "Let's Play" term which we have no creation of or domain over.

By the gamers and for the gamers? More like by a corporation and for said corporations financial interests and gains.

You're living in the clouds.

LOL ironic coming from a lem.

Loading Video...

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By NyaDC

@davem1992 said:

Except the PlayStation 4 is a disc based system capable of reading PlayStation 2 games and playing them via software emulation, the same emulation they are using to run the games they are charging you for in the store. The Wii U cannot play Nintendo 64 games in any other form but digitally, last I checked it doesn't have a Nintendo 64 cartridge slot.

Checkmate.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 davem1992

@nyadc said:
@davem1992 said:

Except the PlayStation 4 is a disc based system capable of reading PlayStation 2 games and playing them via software emulation, the same emulation they are using to run the games they are charging you for in the store. The Wii U cannot play Nintendo 64 games in any other form but digitally, last I checked it doesn't have a Nintendo 64 cartridge slot.

Checkmate.

So it'll be fine when if Nintendo does it for GC games or MS with Xbox games?

Plus the PS2 disc encryption prevents it.

P.S you're right, the N64 was a terrible terrible comparison on my part

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By NyaDC

@davem1992 said:
@nyadc said:
@davem1992 said:

Checkmate.

No it wouldn't be fine by any metric for anyone, you mean the encryption Sony created and could override? Xbox games have encryption, that didn't stop the 360 from playing its games, same with 360 games for the Xbox One.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 davem1992

@nyadc said:
@davem1992 said:
@nyadc said:
@davem1992 said:

Checkmate.

No it wouldn't be fine by any metric for anyone, you mean the encryption Sony created and could override? Xbox games have encryption, that didn't stop the 360 from playing its games, same with 360 games for the Xbox One.

Xbox 360 has a very similar architecture to the Xbox One while the PS4 is drastically different to the PS3 making it much much harder. Plus why should they need to anyway? Don't get me wrong I don't think the PS2 emulation is ideal but oh my god is the constant whining annoying.

If you already own the game then buy a PS2 or use an emulator instead.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 NyaDC
@davem1992 said:
@nyadc said:
@davem1992 said:
@nyadc said:
@davem1992 said:

Checkmate.

Xbox 360 has a very similar architecture to the Xbox One while the PS4 is drastically different to the PS3 making it much much harder. Plus why should they need to anyway? Don't get me wrong I don't think the PS2 emulation is ideal but oh my god is the constant whining annoying.

The point is they're going about it in a way to generate direct profit instead of a benefit for their consumer base, Microsoft is doing it to generate profit, however it benefits the consumer base greatly and generates profit indirectly by enticing people with an additional feature on the platform.

There's no two ways about it, Microsoft is doing it the pro-consumer way, Sony is not.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 davem1992

@nyadc said:
@davem1992 said:
@nyadc said:
@davem1992 said:
@nyadc said:

Checkmate.

The point is they're going about it in a way to generate direct profit instead of a benefit for their consumer base, Microsoft is doing it to generate profit, however it benefits the consumer base greatly and generates profit indirectly by enticing people with an additional feature on the platform.

There's no two ways about it, Microsoft is doing it the pro-consumer way, Sony is not.

Uh huh, anyway I'm going to go play the Dreamcast since I just rebought one but you have fun with your usual Sony bashing, maybe one day you'll realize you have a bias against them

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By NyaDC

@davem1992 said:

Uh huh, anyway I'm going to go play the Dreamcast since I just rebought one but you have fun with your usual Sony bashing, maybe one day you'll realize you have a bias against them

This is bashing, because their direct competitor is doing it the right way and they are not. I don't understand how you can get any form of bias out of this, there is right and there is wrong, black and white, it's easy to see which is which.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By davem1992

@nyadc said:
@davem1992 said:

This is bashing, because their direct competitor is doing it the right way and they are not. I don't understand how you can get any form of bias out of this, there is right and there is wrong, black and white, it's easy to see which is which.

Then don't support it, simple as that. Meanwhile I will because the games so far that have been offered I never owned before and have a purpose to get for me, still waiting for the Xbox One BC to give me access to Vesperia, Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon.

Thank god they let me finally try Fable though and gave me Gears again for free, also when it involves you and Sony there is ALOT of bias against them, you yourself said you hate Sony anyway so...

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By NyaDC

@davem1992 said:
@nyadc said:
@davem1992 said:

Then don't support it, simple as that. Meanwhile I will because the games so far that have been offered I never owned before and have a purpose to get for me, still waiting for the Xbox One BC to give me access to Vesperia, Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon.

Thank god they let me finally try Fable though and gave me Gears again for free, also when it involves you and Sony there is ALOT of bias against them, you yourself said you hate Sony anyway so...

I'm not supporting it, just as you're vocally supporting it, I am vocally in opposition of it.

I didn't say I hate Sony, I didn't say I hate PlayStation, I despise the Sony of today, what they do, their anti-consumerism, arrogance and lethargy surrounding the PlayStation 4.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

Flopclub sucks /thread

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 davem1992

@nyadc said:
@davem1992 said:
@nyadc said:
@davem1992 said:

I'm not supporting it, just as you're vocally supporting it, I am vocally in opposition of it.

I didn't say I hate Sony, I didn't say I hate PlayStation, I despise the Sony of today, what they do, their anti-consumerism, arrogance and lethargy surrounding the PlayStation 4.

Yet I'm sure you were all over MS last gen.

Anyway I realised that even when not depressed I still hate your guts and talking to you makes me want to vomit, I'm out.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 NyaDC

@davem1992 said:

Yet I'm sure you were all over MS last gen.

Anyway I realised that even when not depressed I still hate your guts and talking to you makes me want to vomit, I'm out.

I was barely even active in the console sector last generation, I mean like almost not at all, I was heavily into PC at the time.

Bye, enjoy your time off again.

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

@davem1992 said:
@nyadc said:
@davem1992 said:
@nyadc said:
@davem1992 said:

Checkmate.

this is wrong, Xbox 360 and Xbox One do not share similar architecture.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By davem1992

@spitfire-six said:
@davem1992 said:
@nyadc said:
@davem1992 said:
@nyadc said:

Checkmate.

this is wrong, Xbox 360 and Xbox One do not share similar architecture.

Actually they do.

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

@davem1992: Actually they dont, Xbox360 is a power pc architecture, and uses EdRam that is not unified. So what exactly makes them similar? aside from having unified shaders and being called Xbox ?

imt558

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By imt558
Member since 2004 • 976 Posts

@nyadc said:

But you hate Sony. Every your word is against them. It's so obvious.