So got a PS4 for Xmas with Drive Club

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1591 Posts

Best looking game on any system right now!!!

Even with Nyadc futile attempt!!!

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#52 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

I completely forgot that game existed. Don't know if I should attempt to get that game for my PS4.

gfxpipeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53 gfxpipeline
Member since 2014 • 543 Posts
@sovkhan said:

Best looking game on any system right now!!!

Even with Nyadc futile attempt!!!

And the incredible graphics aren't due to just some brute force reason alone. The PS4 obvious has a huge amount of raw power over the much weaker Xbox One obviously, but the amount of detail and care put into every little facet of the weather and environment effects has me still being astonished by the game months after buying it.

With Evolution on fire with pumping out content for DriveClub

The King of racing sims Gran Turismo landing

A new Motorstorm with the same insane DriveClub engine will have Sony set with the best arcade, sim, and offroad driving games.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@nyadc said:

Yeah, it's not the greatest looking game, it's not a bad looking game either, but there's a lot of smoke and mirrors at work and all they post are cherry picks.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/maIEBUU5OmrMA/200_s.gif

@Douevenlift_bro said:

Looks better than any Forza game to date by the screenshots I just saw posted above.

No it doesn't. FH2 still looks and plays better to me. The only thing DC does better is with the rain effects.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

You're full of it.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

I'm not into driving games at all but those screens posted by nyadc were terrible, just plain ugly. Nowhere near as bad as Halo 5 though which we all know should have been released on 360 it looks so shit but yeah, don't buy this driving game peeps. Or do. I honestly don't care.

vvulturas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By vvulturas
Member since 2015 • 1249 Posts

I have not been genuinely impressed with the main first party entries in the racing genre by both console manufacturers. Neither Driveclub, or Forza, be it Horizon or Motorsports, are really visually impressive. At least Forza has the gameplay going for it...

Vicodin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Vicodin
Member since 2015 • 47 Posts

LOL at that Halo 5 screenshot. Embarrassing.

With insane graphics in PS4 games like DriveClub it is obvious why Xbone fans have be desperately clinging to teh cloud and miraculous sdk updates to salvage some dignity.

Everyone laughed at how badly Killzone 2 destroyed the 360 Halo's. Little did people know that Killzone 2 would be destroying Halo games in the next gen too.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

I was one of the biggest sh*tter's" on DC until I played the updated version. The game is actually pretty damn fun.. and is STILL the best looking console racer I've ever played.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#60 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

You're full of it.

Funny how cows never post gameplay screenshots of Driveclub.

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

@vicodin said:

LOL at that Halo 5 screenshot. Embarrassing.

With insane graphics in PS4 games like DriveClub it is obvious why Xbone fans have be desperately clinging to teh cloud and miraculous sdk updates to salvage some dignity.

Everyone laughed at how badly Killzone 2 destroyed the 360 Halo's. Little did people know that Killzone 2 would be destroying Halo games in the next gen too.

so this is how this forum works? you just say alot of stupid shit and hope something sticks ?

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#62  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

Driveclub does look very pretty in places from what I have seen in screenshots, but it's a bit inconsistent at times. Evolution's next game will definitely look better than driveclub.I don't think it's a good idea to compare pictures of a game in photo mode to gameplay pics from another game. Also, halo 5 looks okay most of time, but it does look pretty at times.I hope you enjoy your new ps4 TC.

Avatar image for jasonredemption
jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 17

#63 jasonredemption
Member since 2010 • 691 Posts

Ok, question...is there any racing game that doesn't look like crap when paused for a screen shot on a n up-close texture that's meant to be seen at speed while racing along? Just wondering.

retziid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 retziid
Member since 2015 • 10 Posts

Looks bland and plays like sh*t. It's sad when the best racing game the Playstation 4 is complete garbage

cimbom1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 cimbom1993
Member since 2013 • 130 Posts

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#66 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9730 Posts

@jasonredemption said:

Ok, question...is there any racing game that doesn't look like crap when paused for a screen shot on a n up-close texture that's meant to be seen at speed while racing along? Just wondering.

What do you think of how Project Cars looks like?

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Lems are always so quick to tout Forza yet not a single one of them buy them as proven by it never charting.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

lol op hates playstaion yet he asked his parents for one for xmas? more fail trolling by scatteh. kids these days.

DarkrecoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 DarkrecoN
Member since 2015 • 291 Posts

Poor u

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52429 Posts

Harsh.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 m3dude1

driveclub daytime gameplay shots

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

lol op hates playstaion yet he asked his parents for one for xmas? more fail trolling by scatteh. kids these days.

Lmao.... Your post is fail.... And I'm a grown as adult.... Not relied on my parents to buy me things for years... Truth just hurts doesn't it.

And while you're at it please show me where I have stated that I hate play station.

Vicodin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Vicodin

If DriveClub is this far beyond Microsoft's failed Gran Turismo wannabe Forza, hard to image just how massive the graphical gap will be when GT7 arrives.

GT5 on the massively more powerful PS3 hardware was able to run at 1080p 60fps with much higher car details and significantly more advanced lighting model compared to the weak 360 hardware that could only handle 720p for Forza and its cheap cartoon-ish lighting model. First party to first party without either developer having to deal with Microsoft's pathetic third party multiplatform 'parity clauses' the PS3 was able to run GT5 at 2.25 the rez of Forza.

The PS4 graphical beatdowns for the Xbone is just beginning.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#74 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@vicodin: nice alt

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#75 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

@lostrib said:

@vicodin: nice alt

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

It's the best looking driving game right now and one of the best looking games on consoles, period. LOL @ the desperate attempt by lems like NyaDC to discredit its graphics. I can post shitty looking screenshots of Star Citizen right now if I wanted to, doesn't mean it's not the best looking game. Try harder lems, better yet go buy Flopza 6. You guys spend your time praising that flop but you don't even buy it. It didn't even chart the month it came out lol.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

@scatteh316 said:

And now I completely understand why cows only post pictures of it when it's dark, raining or snowing.

The trackside asset quality is so piss poor that any time of day setting that's even the slightest bit bright reveals just how bad the texture and asset quality is.

Normal maps are low resolution, tree's and foliage are a copy and paste job, shadow LOD is poor, texture filtering is poor, textures have no 'depth' at all...... and the image quality is piss poor!!!.

Cows explain why this game is constantly touted as being graphically impressive?

I've said that from the beginning. Everyone was touting how much superior the graphics were over Project Cars before they released..haha. It's funny how defiantly people defended Drive Club, makes me want to bring up quotes from those threads......Then the weather stuff was a much later add-on, what some 2 months after release? Long after everyone stopped talking about the game. Then the water droplets on cars looked weird as if the GPU was overclocked, just white beads. Dunno how it looks now but I noticed the game had quite a few updates since I last played. However the AI was terrible as the game progressed so I just stopped bothering.

No, you need Project Cars, a much better racer overall. I heard the new NFS sucked ass so it doesn't leave us with too much in the Racing genre until GT 7 at least.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

@dante1972 said:

OP is fake. Let's see you post some pics. Probable ended up with a ghetto box for christmas.

You mean a poor man's gaming system. That's called a console, cheap hardware at it's finest for the poorest. When OP is ready to join the PC club, then we can talk about professional racing wheel hardware but until then we'll have to subject ourselves to 230 ms lag gamepads and plastic, overpriced fisher price racing wheels without clutches because poor kids can't drive a stick apparently.

DressYouUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 DressYouUp
Member since 2007 • 579 Posts
@scatteh316 said:

And now I completely understand why cows only post pictures of it when it's dark, raining or snowing.

The trackside asset quality is so piss poor that any time of day setting that's even the slightest bit bright reveals just how bad the texture and asset quality is.

Normal maps are low resolution, tree's and foliage are a copy and paste job, shadow LOD is poor, texture filtering is poor, textures have no 'depth' at all...... and the image quality is piss poor!!!.

Cows explain why this game is constantly touted as being graphically impressive?

You poor thing.

The game is not only inconsistent graphically, but is boring as hell.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 scatteh316

@pimphand_gamer: Ready to join the PC club? Already there my dear boy...... been there since 2008!!

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 lostrib

Did TC ever post pics?

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 scatteh316

@lostrib said:

Did TC ever post pics?

There was never any need as others posted them showing how bad it is...

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By NyaDC

@quadknight said:

It's the best looking driving game right now and one of the best looking games on consoles, period. LOL @ the desperate attempt by lems like NyaDC to discredit its graphics. I can post shitty looking screenshots of Star Citizen right now if I wanted to, doesn't mean it's not the best looking game. Try harder lems, better yet go buy Flopza 6. You guys spend your time praising that flop but you don't even buy it. It didn't even chart the month it came out lol.

The hell are you talking about nerd? When people post about Driveclub's graphics they only post the most unrealistic cherry picked bullshit on Earth to make the game look leaps and bounds better than it actually does. When we post, we post the other side of the coin showing the reality of what you'll actually see when you're playing the game, it's a great looking game in a lot of ways but come back down to reality, it's got graphical consistency problems off the charts.

P.S.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 lostrib

@scatteh316: put of curiosity, if you just got a PS4 for Xmas, why does it appear that you have a PS4 proof image from like a year ago?

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 NyaDC

@lostrib said:

@scatteh316: put of curiosity, if you just got a PS4 for Xmas, why does it appear that you have a PS4 proof image from like a year ago?

It was from a Driveclub thread a year ago, I don't think it was his, I think he was just showing that he had access to one to play this game and others.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 scatteh316

@lostrib said:

As said above.... It was to prove that I've actually played on one.... that particular one belonged to my brother.

Now I have my own...

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

@GameboyTroy said:
@jasonredemption said:

What do you think of how Project Cars looks like?

It has hot grass textures, that's for sure.

Vicodin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Vicodin

@scatteh316 said:
@lostrib said:

Did TC ever post pics?

How dumb do you have to be to try to pull a 'dissapointed fan' routine with the the best looking racing game on consoles?

Did it not cross your mind that the immediate reaction is exactly what happened? Screenshots and gameplay footage would be posted that makes you look like a complete fool?

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 scatteh316

@vicodin said:
@scatteh316 said:
@lostrib said:

Did TC ever post pics?

How dumb do you have to be to try to pull a 'dissapointed fan' routine with the the best looking racing game on consoles?

Did it not cross your mind that the immediate reaction is exactly what happened? Screenshots and gameplay footage would be posted that makes you look like a complete fool?

Hahahahahaha... Where are these gameplay shots that makes me look like a fool? All I've seen it shows that show how piss poor it looks...

And I've not tried the disappointed fan at all..... And Drive Club is no where near the best looking racing game on console...

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

Cows are a sad bunch of cancers. They're praising 5lopClub for it's graphics.....graphics graphics graphics and bwaaaaaahhhh, graphics. Yet NONE, NONE of these dumbasses ever defend it's piss poor gameplay mechanics. I guess they're ashame of it. LMAO.

Makes you wonder if these dumbasses EVER buy and PLAY their exclusives.

DrkeX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 DrkeX
Member since 2003 • 645 Posts

lmao

cows never post gameplay screens

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#92  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@vicodin said:

If DriveClub is this far beyond Microsoft's failed Gran Turismo wannabe Forza, hard to image just how massive the graphical gap will be when GT7 arrives.

GT5 on the massively more powerful PS3 hardware was able to run at 1080p 60fps with much higher car details and significantly more advanced lighting model compared to the weak 360 hardware that could only handle 720p for Forza and its cheap cartoon-ish lighting model. First party to first party without either developer having to deal with Microsoft's pathetic third party multiplatform 'parity clauses' the PS3 was able to run GT5 at 2.25 the rez of Forza.

The PS4 graphical beatdowns for the Xbone is just beginning.

GT5 does not run at 1080P, but runs at 1280 X 1080. And the PS3 was comparable to the 360 and slightly stronger than it at it's max, but that depended on how the PS3's hardware was used.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 m3dude1

@DrkeX said:

lmao

cows never post gameplay screens

i just did clown

@nyadc said:
@quadknight said:

The hell are you talking about nerd? When people post about Driveclub's graphics they only post the most unrealistic cherry picked bullshit on Earth to make the game look leaps and bounds better than it actually does. When we post, we post the other side of the coin showing the reality of what you'll actually see when you're playing the game, it's a great looking game in a lot of ways but come back down to reality, it's got graphical consistency problems off the charts.

P.S.

my screens were cherry picked bullshit? el oh el

@scatteh316 said:
@m3dude1 said:

Lmao.... Your post is fail.... And I'm a grown as adult.... Not relied on my parents to buy me things for years... Truth just hurts doesn't it.

And while you're at it please show me where I have stated that I hate play station.

sure thing kid

gfxpipeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By gfxpipeline
Member since 2014 • 543 Posts

GT5 runs at 1280x1080 = 1382400 pixels being pushed by the PS3

Forza 2 runs at only 1280x720 = 921600 by the Xbox 360

1382400/921600 = 1.5 times

The PS3 was cranking out 50 percent more resolution per frame than the Xbox 360. That's not 'comprable'. That's a massive graphical power advantage in reality the PS3 has over the Xbox 360. No matter what garbage Xbox fans filled their heads with from the fanboys pretending to be 'developers' posting on beyond3d.

With that huge amount of graphical power the PS3 had over the Xbox 360 it is obvious why Microsoft was forced to stoop to the humiliation of forcing third party developers to agree to 'parity clauses' in their development contracts. And why Xbox fans desperately clung to 'teh multiplats'.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@nyadc said:
@quadknight said:

P.S.

GTFO clown. This IS the reality of Flopza, not some bullshit cherrypicked screens...

Loading Video...

Looks like a PS2 game next to Driveclub.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 scatteh316

@quadknight said:
@nyadc said:
@quadknight said:

P.S.

GTFO you Microsoft cheerleader. This IS the reality of Flopza, not some bullshit cherrypicked screens...

Loading Video...

Looks like a PS2 game next to Driveclub.

And yet this is what Drive Club looks like when you don't have the rain, snow and darkness hiding the shit assets....

Taken by me just over an hour ago, all in-game shots and no cherry picked shots... I can literally go into any track and pull hundreds of shots like the ones below out the game.

If you also look at the map in the bottom left you'll also see that I took these shots from different parts of the track so I can't be accused of picking one bad spot.... The game is riddled with bad spots.

Over all Forza is the better looking and more consistent game and then Project Cars just trashes them both.

So yes, keep hyping Drive Club, the game that has low resolution EVERYTHING...

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 m3dude1

those high quality project cars assets tho. lmao

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:

Drive Club? You must have made santa's naughty list this year.

Yeah seriously. I love my playstation, but get forza 6 for christ sake.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#99 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@scatteh316 said:
@lostrib said:

Did TC ever post pics?

True... Funny watching Cows have meltdowns anytime something negative is said about one of their games. Like flies flocking to shit. lol!! DriveClub was a disaster when it launched. It's not bad now, but it's no where as good as Forza 6 or Forza Horizion 2. No matter how much Cow wish it was. Hope and pray GT7 is actually good this generation.

DrkeX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By DrkeX
Member since 2003 • 645 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

those high quality project cars assets tho. lmao

looks better than what you posted...

silly cow