sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#104 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

The system is not coming out till holiday 2020. You actually expect them to have something to show when it’s still over a year away?

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#105 Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

@npiet1 said:

@rmpumper: Yeah but the point is. I could buy a ps5 and Xbox instead of upgrading my PC to the same level.

Um...no you couldn't. You know nothing about PCs if you are saying this. For the price of buying a PS5 AND Xbox, you could have a PC that could outperform them.

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Diddies

@npiet1 said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@npiet1 said:

@kali-b1rd: by games you mean crappy Indies and if any are even decent the come to console now anyway. I'll give you mods but I never used them anyway.

I mean yea if youre a tunnel visioned shallow specimen maybe.

What do you get exclusive on xbox.

Oh that's right... nothing.

Oh yeah such great indies that all belong in the 16-bit era.

What AAA even AA exclusives do you get on PC these days?

Oh that's right none, just port begging.

The PC gets everything the Xbox does, plus some exclusives and has the best looking multiplats.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#107  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@davillain- said:

@npiet1: Well let me ask you this. Are you willingly to sacrifice open-house platform PC over a closed-ecosystem just to buy PS5/Xbox Scarlet? I could be running my old GTX 970 to this day and still enjoy gaming on PC, 1080p is still good for most PC gamers, and if you care about raw graphics, of course your gonna need more GPU power like a 1080Ti.

Only when you feel there is a specific software that is not running with the quality and fps that you expect from your personal experience. Ignore new consoles, new tech, etc... only when you find such a game and you set it up to how you wanna play it and if it drops frames then consider new hardware to upgrade. Food for thought, nothing more/less.

XBO is semi-open since a person with MS hotmail account can convert retail XBO into dev kits and run end-user made programs e.g. open source emulators.

XBO games are run inside a DRM virtual machine instance.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#108 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

Atari Jaguar....

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#109  Edited By Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts
@npiet1 said:

What was the last PS4 to score 85+? Spider-Man in Sept 2018?

ratchet3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 ratchet3
Member since 2004 • 7883 Posts

They just did it because they knew Sony was not going to be taking part in this year's E3.

Also Halo Infinite.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#111 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

@ronvalencia said:
@davillain- said:

@npiet1: Well let me ask you this. Are you willingly to sacrifice open-house platform PC over a closed-ecosystem just to buy PS5/Xbox Scarlet? I could be running my old GTX 970 to this day and still enjoy gaming on PC, 1080p is still good for most PC gamers, and if you care about raw graphics, of course your gonna need more GPU power like a 1080Ti.

Only when you feel there is a specific software that is not running with the quality and fps that you expect from your personal experience. Ignore new consoles, new tech, etc... only when you find such a game and you set it up to how you wanna play it and if it drops frames then consider new hardware to upgrade. Food for thought, nothing more/less.

XBO is semi-open since a person with MS hotmail account can convert retail XBO into dev kits and run end-user made programs e.g. open source emulators.

Errr what?

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@davillain- said:
@ronvalencia said:
@davillain- said:

Errr what?

Loading Video...

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@Juub1990 said:
@npiet1 said:

What was the last PS4 to score 85+? Spider-Man in Sept 2018?

Two of those are indies and like I said if they are good enough they will come to console just like the developer of Morahau wants to which depends on sales. The rest are RTS, even I know, no one wants them on console. They play awful. Astro bot 90 in October, what's the last AAA PC exclusive to get 90?

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 npiet1

@Diddies said:
@npiet1 said:

@rmpumper: Yeah but the point is. I could buy a ps5 and Xbox instead of upgrading my PC to the same level.

Um...no you couldn't. You know nothing about PCs if you are saying this. For the price of buying a PS5 AND Xbox, you could have a PC that could outperform them.

Bulid a PC for $1200 that gets 4k 60fps with raytracing, Don't forget the amazing SSD as well.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Juub1990

@npiet1: So RTS don’t count?

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By npiet1

@Juub1990: Not really, like I said. No one really likes using a controller for RTS and they belong on PC (something I pretty sure 99% of people would agree with), there not even resource heavy.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Juub1990
@npiet1 said:

@Juub1990: Not really, like I said. No one really likes using a controller for RTS and they belong on PC (something I pretty sure 99% of people would agree with), there not even resource heavy.

This is laughable.

"PC have no AAA or AA games"

*gets shown said games*

"Well they don't count"

Classic goal-post moving.

Also these games are very CPU-intensive and even GPU so I have no idea what you're talking about. When a 2060+8700K is what is demanded for 1080p/60fps+ gameplay that qualifies as resources heavy. But I guess these piece of shit box with their 7770/7850 have resources heavy game.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 npiet1

@Juub1990: "said games "

Two are Indies that means they are not aa or AAA, they are Indies. The others are rts. Where is the fps, third person, racing, etc?

Where's the exclusives that score 90+

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Juub1990
@npiet1 said:

@Juub1990: "said games "

Two are Indies that means they are not aa or AAA, they are Indies. The others are rts. Where is the fps, third person, racing, etc?

Where's the exclusives that score 90+

Oh so now we moved from "AA or AAA" to "AA or AAA that are of a genre that I consider acceptable".

You lost. Thank you for playing along.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 npiet1

@Juub1990: so you can't lol

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Juub1990
@npiet1 said:

@Juub1990: so you can't lol

Dude you went from asking about AA/AAA PC exclusives to excluding RTS(for a shoddy reason) to asking specifically for games that score 90+. What's the next one? Asking for games that won a specific award?

Quit moving the goalposts.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 npiet1

@Juub1990: you bought up the mc score. YOU. You cant answer because there is none. So what AA or AAA games that are exclusives (non rts) are available on PC? For my whole point of the reason (which is how we got here in the first place) of why I (me) would play PC and spend the money to upgrade my PC instead of spending the same amount money of the Xbox and ps5 to play games.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Juub1990
@npiet1 said:

@Juub1990: you bought up the mc score. YOU. You cant answer because there is none. So what AA or AAA games that are exclusives (non rts) are available on PC? For my whole point of the reason (which is how we got here in the first place) of why I (me) would play PC and spend the money to upgrade my PC instead of spending the same amount money of the Xbox and ps5 to play games.

>You can't answer

>Except I literally answered your question before you changed it twice lol

Bullshit for the second part. He said consoles have much less of everything than a PC and you asked "like what", he then answered games, customization, features mods etc. You then started to downplay the game part and said "hur hur hur, only 16-bit indie trash". Then when I posted games that weren't 16-bit indie games, you went "huh RTS don't count! Well except they do but only 90+ matters". Then posted a VR game that came out 8 months ago as if this somehow invalidated the 4 games that came out over the past 3 months that scored 80+ on PC. The context of the argument was you attempting to suggest there were no games on PC and you're trying to weasel your way out of this by now saying you meant reasons to upgrade your PC which is a blatant lie. You straight up went and said PC had no games outside of 16-bit indies which is well, false.

It's also funny that he said "console have much less of everything" then you pointed out that they're pretty much missing an entire genre but for some reason it doesn't matter lol.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2134 Posts

@npiet1 said:
@Diddies said:
@npiet1 said:

Bulid a PC for $1200 that gets 4k 60fps with raytracing, Don't forget the amazing SSD as well.

So which is it?

BTW, where do you get that bullshit about consoles running 4K60 WITH ray tracing?

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

@Juub1990:

He's got a point

@npiet1 said:

The bold really needs to be addressed for the argument you're trying to respond to.

So, you're saying he is supposed to upgrade his PC instead of buying next gen consoles to play this?

I will say Devotion, being like a re-envisioning of PT, looks really good. Also, Mordhau looks cool like a mid-evil style battlefield game with wonky animations but decent graphics.

However, Anno 1800 and War Hammer do little to help your argument based on the context of the discussion.

I will say that you did prove that PC has some indie to AA games that do have nice graphics, but nothing that was/is superior to AAA console games and I think that was the main point.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Juub1990
@boxrekt said:

@Juub1990:

He's got a point

The bold really needs to be addressed for the argument you're trying to respond to.

So, you're saying he is supposed to upgrade his PC instead of buying next gen consoles to play this?

I will say Devotion, being like a re-envisioning of PT, looks really good. Also, Mordhau looks cool like a mid-evil style battlefield game with wonky animations but decent graphics.

However, Anno 1800 and War Hammer do little to help your argument based on the context of the discussion.

I will say that you did prove that PC has some indie to AA games that do have nice graphics, but nothing that was/is superior to AAA console games and I think that was the main point.

PC 60 FPS+ SPECIFICATIONS

• Expect 60 FPS+ on campaign map and in a 1v1, 21 units vs 21 units battle, default graphics preset set to “Ultra”, running at 1920×1080
  • Operating System: Windows 10 64 Bit
  • Processor: Intel® Core™ Intel i7-8700K
  • RAM: 8GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

Of course individual units don't look as good as most games because there are literally thousands of them. Saying this game isn't demanding is a farce.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By BoxRekt
@Juub1990 said:
@boxrekt said:

@Juub1990:

He's got a point

PC 60 FPS+ SPECIFICATIONS

• Expect 60 FPS+ on campaign map and in a 1v1, 21 units vs 21 units battle, default graphics preset set to “Ultra”, running at 1920×1080
  • Operating System: Windows 10 64 Bit
  • Processor: Intel® Core™ Intel i7-8700K
  • RAM: 8GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

Of course individual units don't look as good as most games because there are literally thousands of them. Saying this game isn't demanding is a farce.

No doubt, it's quite impressive at a macro level. That said, that's not the type of game a console gamer would spend hundreds of dollars to upgrade a PC for.

We even have a few of these games on console too:

Loading Video...

It's not that we don't have them, they just aren't considered AAA. And they're just not a popular genre for console players and most of us really aren't interested.

I don't think anyone said these games weren't technically impressive, they just aren't really the graphical showpieces that would influence a console gamer to upgrade there system for like many other popular genres such as FPS, battle royal, third person shooter, RPG, JRPG, third person action, or even fighting.

I think the guy was asking you to show something for PC that matches or exceeds console AAAs that would validate choosing to upgrade a PC over next gen consoles. Those games you showed really didn't do that.

You would have needed to suggest something the likes of Star Citizen, but that is just one game and at the moment is still an unfinished project stuck in dev hell.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Juub1990

@boxrekt He said that buying a Scarlet+PS5 would be cheaper than upgrading his PC and still not be of the same quality. This means with 800$ worth of upgrades, his PC still wouldn't be up to par with consoles which means his PC is a piece of crap. So he couldn't even run Total War: Three Kingdoms decently with what he has. That or he's lying and his PC would far outclass them which would make the upgrade worth it considering it'd be 1: more powerful than either of them, 2: have access to genres neither of them have and 3: have games on one that the other doesn't have or vice-versa.

I have nothing against console gaming and own a PS4 Pro and a Switch myself but his argument that "hur hur, PC have no exclusives worth playing that are demanding" is a joke.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 BoxRekt
@Juub1990 said:

@boxrekt He said that buying a Scarlet+PS5 would be cheaper than upgrading his PC and still not be of the same quality. This means with 800$ worth of upgrades, his PC still wouldn't be up to par with consoles which means his PC is a piece of crap. So he couldn't even run Total War: Three Kingdoms decently with what he has. That or he's lying and his PC would far outclass them which would make the upgrade worth it considering it'd be 1: more powerful than either of them, 2: have access to genres neither of them have and 3: have games on one that the other doesn't have or vice-versa.

I have nothing against console gaming and own a PS4 Pro and a Switch myself but his argument that "hur hur, PC have no exclusives worth playing that are demanding" is a joke.

If that was his argument, then that certainly isn't right. PC has the most technically demanding games. Even as a console fanboy I can admit that.

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Diddies

@npiet1: that would be easy. Also SSDs are getting cheaper than ever. I can turn settings to low like consoles and run 4K.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

Well by now you should be used to MS disappointing us true gamers.