Reggie Calls Xbone and PS4 Launch Lineups "Meh"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#201 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

[QUOTE="AM-Gamer"]

Sad thing is theres more games coming to the PS4 in the first 3 months then I have wanted on my Wii-U all year.  Just shut up and give me a good Zelda so it will stop collecting dust.

GD1551

The interesting thing is that there are 11 games I want on the Wii U for every 1 I want on PS4 at this point.

lol are there even 11 games scheduled to come out on the Wii U right now?

Well there were 3 games already released and 8 games set to come out.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#202 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]someone asks him "what do you think of the PS4 and Xbone launch lineups?", he gave his answer. it's not like he released a public statement "I THINK THE COMPETITION IS MEH".Cherokee_Jack

There's little real difference. He knows people are going to see it.

Besides, when you're the president of a company, you don't exactly say "Our competitors' offerings are mediocre" even if you truly believe it. It doesn't convince anyone, and it doesn't make you look very secure.

so what would you do in his position? say you refuse to talk about the competition? throw false praise at their direction?
Devil-Itachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#203 Devil-Itachi
Member since 2005 • 4387 Posts
The launch line ups are fairly meh. Launch line ups usually are since the 6th generation anyway.
Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#204 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9868 Posts
Well if you only look at exclusives I kind of agree. Overall libraries are much better for X1/Ps4 imo.
hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#205 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts
The launch line ups are fairly meh. Launch line ups usually are since the 6th generation anyway.Devil-Itachi
PS1's launch was pretty meh. It wasn't until Square jumped ship that the tide changed for good.
DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#206 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

That's pretty much my impression of the Wii-U lineup as well. All three lineups seem pretty meh-worthy (which is sad for Nintendo since they have a year on the other two).

Only game I'm really anticipating this year on the Wii-U is a remake of a 10-year old game I played already. :(

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 hiphops_savior

That's pretty much my impression of the Wii-U lineup as well. All three lineups seem pretty meh-worthy (which is sad for Nintendo since they have a year on the other two).

Only game I'm really anticipating this year on the Wii-U is a remake of a 10-year old game I played already. :(

DrRockso87
You have a Wii U or are you going to put money down for the WW bundle? It's only 300 bucks compared to 520 for a PS4 (including game and PSN).
DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#209 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

[QUOTE="DrRockso87"]

hiphops_savior

You have a Wii U or are you going to put money down for the WW bundle? It's only 300 bucks compared to 520 for a PS4 (including game and PSN).

I don't own one yet. I was considering it before E3 when I was hyped out the ass for a new 3D Mario title but was disappointed it's just a 4-player remake of the 3DS game. :(

I'm still considering it for Wind Waker HD alone plus the games they have coming in 2014 but I'm starting t debate the purchase. Just not interested in Nintendo's lineup right now. Might wait until next year.

Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Darth-Samus
Member since 2006 • 3995 Posts

The thing is, he's totally right. Their lineups are both pretty boring. However that's not a sleight against either console. As we've discussed countless times n here, every console launch lineup is slow. It's the nature of the beast. The Wii U went through it. Most previous consoles went through it. And the the next two consoles will go through it. Just like it was no reason to hold it against the Wii U there's no reason to hold it against either the PS4 or the Xbox One. Every system becomes great in time. The Wii U's is now, the other two's will be next year.

rockydog1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#211 rockydog1111
Member since 2006 • 2079 Posts

Reggie, Reggie, Reggie..... Just stop my good man. The launch lineups for he One and PS4 may not be te best, but I am sure that by the time it is to where the Wii U is right now in it's lifecycle, they will both have waaaaaayyyy more games to play than the Wii U. The Wii U lineup is still mediocre after almost 9 months. I see th PS4 and One both getting some major blockbusters by Februray of 2014. Infamous SS and Titanfall (assuming itcome out in February like rumors say) are 2 I can think of.

I'm no Wii hater, but Reggie shouldn't throw stones when he lives in a glass house that is comparable to the models built 8 years ago and them beating it in some games quality wise. Just saying, not hating.

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#212 Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts
What did you guys expect him to say ? Praising PS4 and Xbone lineup ?
Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Darth-Samus

Reggie, Reggie, Reggie..... Just stop my good man. The launch lineups for he One and PS4 may not be te best, but I am sure that by the time it is to where the Wii U is right now in it's lifecycle, they will both have waaaaaayyyy more games to play than the Wii U. The Wii U lineup is still mediocre after almost 9 months. I see th PS4 and One both getting some major blockbusters by Februray of 2014. Infamous SS and Titanfall (assuming itcome out in February like rumors say) are 2 I can think of.

I'm no Wii hater, but Reggie shouldn't throw stones when he lives in a glass house that is comparable to the models built 8 years ago and them beating it in some games quality wise. Just saying, not hating.

rockydog1111

That may end up being true. But there's a difference between having more games and having better games.

A year from now the quality could be in any of the three's favor. Or even (/gasp) all THREE will end up equal quality.

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 hiphops_savior

[QUOTE="hiphops_savior"][QUOTE="DrRockso87"]

DrRockso87

I don't own one yet. I was considering it before E3 when I was hyped out the ass for a new 3D Mario title but was disappointed it's just a 4-player remake of the 3DS game. :(

I'm still considering it for Wind Waker HD alone plus the games they have coming in 2014 but I'm starting t debate the purchase. Just not interested in Nintendo's lineup right now. Might wait until next year.

WWHD will keep you occupied for quite a bit, and super Mario 3d world is far from a 3ds port, I saw the e3 demo first hand. Rayman Legends looks really nice, especially on the Wii U. If you find it hard to justify buying a Wii u this year, you'll have an even harder time justifying purchasing a ps4 this holiday, especially if you already have a PC.
Priapus101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#216 Priapus101
Member since 2010 • 190 Posts

most of the launch games on ps4 and xbone will be on pc and current gen. so, its a meh indeednarutosup

Agreed.  PS4 / XBONE exclusive titles scheduled for launch this year are simply underwhelming and the only title that remotely interests me is Knack. 

Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Darth-Samus

[QUOTE="DrRockso87"]

[QUOTE="hiphops_savior"] You have a Wii U or are you going to put money down for the WW bundle? It's only 300 bucks compared to 520 for a PS4 (including game and PSN).hiphops_savior

WWHD will keep you occupied for quite a bit, and super Mario 3d world is far from a 3ds port, I saw the e3 demo first hand. Rayman Legends looks really nice, especially on the Wii U. If you find it hard to justify buying a Wii u this year, you'll have an even harder time justifying purchasing a ps4 this holiday, especially if you already have a PC.

It's that last statement you made that rings the truest. "...especially if you own a PC."

This is the largest problem I see with both of the other two next gen consoles. They are both chasing the PC market too closely. I have a bad feeling that this divisiveness could end up seriously hurting both of these consoles another year or two down the road. I hope not, but I think it might. Nintendo is the company that I worryt about the least. Their launch-year drought is coming to a close and they are smartly postioned to just be...themselves. The gamer and gaming-centric next gen device that's all about experience first and the unique controller-to-gamer interface. And they're not even poised as "direct competition" to the other two systems. Not to mention their standout first parties.

Honestly Nintendo will be more than fine. It's the other two I worry about. :(