Reggie Calls Xbone and PS4 Launch Lineups "Meh"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23718 Posts

[QUOTE="ConanTheStoner"]Multiplats though?  I really don't see the point unless you dont have other options.foxhound_fox
Buying them on a Nintendo console would encourage third parties to stick around.

I guess I just don't care.  I may play these little games in SW, but the reality is I buy all major platforms and keep a decent rig going.

I'm pretty much settled on what I expect from my platforms and all I really care for from Nintendo is their 1st party games.  I'm going to get my 3rd party games no matter where they go, so its a non issue to me.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#102 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts

Multiplats though?  I really don't see the point unless you dont have other options.

ConanTheStoner
Personally I do it to support 3rd parties and not have to pay to play online. But I'm just a cheap ass like that.
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts
[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]People are more likely to buy versions of a game for a system they currently own. *gasp* Especially, if the game launches prior to the next gen console release date. Gather around for more knowledge people.foxhound_fox
:roll:

Captain Obvious finished with his knowledge bombs? Ah, maaaaan * snaps finger*
ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23718 Posts

[QUOTE="ConanTheStoner"]

Multiplats though?  I really don't see the point unless you dont have other options.

OreoMilkshake

Personally I do it to support 3rd parties and not have to pay to play online. But I'm just a cheap ass like that.

I can see that angle then.  I dont really play online games anymore, so its not much of a factor for me.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Or they're waiting until there's a cheaper alternative available to PC. MFDOOM1983
A PC more capable than both can be had for less these days.
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 MFDOOM1983
[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]Or they're waiting until there's a cheaper alternative available to PC. foxhound_fox

For someone with such high level you should know by now that some people just prefer console gaming. It doesn't matter how much better pc may be. They're more comfortable with a form of gaming that they've enjoyed for the better part of their life, so pc gaming isn't even a factor for them, and they'll deal with shit performance up until there's a better option in the form of a console.
-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#107 -RPGamer-
Member since 2002 • 34283 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]Or they're waiting until there's a cheaper alternative available to PC. MFDOOM1983

For someone with such high level you should know by now that some people just prefer console gaming. It doesn't matter how much better pc may be. They're more comfortable with a form of gaming that they've enjoyed for the better part of their life, so pc gaming isn't even a factor for them, and they'll deal with shit performance up until there's a better option in the form of a console.

I concur. 

This is anecdotal, but I've become this way. I essentially use my laptop to visit classic WRPG when I get the itch, but I no longer bother building rigs. I know a few peers that I work with that have also gone down this route. 

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"][QUOTE="foxhound_fox"] A PC more capable than both can be had for less these days.-RPGamer-

I concur. 

This is anecdotal, but I've become this way. I essentially use my laptop to visit classic WRPG when I get the itch, but I no longer bother building rigs. I know a few peers that I work with that have also gone down this route. 

PC gamers have problems grasping this concept on forums. Not sure what it is but they seem very insecure. 

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts
[QUOTE="ConanTheStoner"]Multiplats though?  I really don't see the point unless you dont have other options.foxhound_fox
Buying them on a Nintendo console would encourage third parties to stick around.

WiiU is a failure and already dead......deal with this.
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 MFDOOM1983

[QUOTE="-RPGamer-"]

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]For someone with such high level you should know by now that some people just prefer console gaming. It doesn't matter how much better pc may be. They're more comfortable with a form of gaming that they've enjoyed for the better part of their life, so pc gaming isn't even a factor for them, and they'll deal with shit performance up until there's a better option in the form of a console. GD1551

I concur. 

PC gamers have problems grasping this concept on forums. Not sure what it is but they seem very insecure. 

This forum revolves around stroking your e-penis. Everyone uses whatever ammo is available to them.
Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

Good call.

inb4 mad cows and lems

MonsieurX
Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#113 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts
I notice people from Nintendo keep saying stuff like this as if they have room when their current console isn't doing very well.
CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#114 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts
I think Reggie speaks for everyone here
hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#115 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts
I notice people from Nintendo keep saying stuff like this as if they have room when their current console isn't doing very well. shadowchronicle
Doesn't mean that person isn't wrong, in fact, I could tell you first hand my experience with the Wii U's first year is going to make me even more hesitant from dipping early into a launch console.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
Ye cause the wii u launch was great *sarcasm* and the games coming out at the end of the year are totally not rehashes.
hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 hiphops_savior
Ye cause the wii u launch was great *sarcasm* and the games coming out at the end of the year are totally not rehashes.campzor
PS4 launch exclusives- Killzone Shadow Fall (so not a rehash), Knack, Driveclub (not Forza clone) X1 launch exclusives- Ryse (we're not copying Gladiator), Forza 5 (not a rehash), Dead Rising 3 (definitely not a rehash) Wii U exclusives this holiday- Sonic: Lost Worlds, Wonderful 101 (NA), Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, Super Mario 3D World (trailer sucked), Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD (PS3 also has FFX-HD coming up this holiday as well, whoops), Wii Party U, Wii Fit U (punny, I know, and the last two appeal more to casuals than the hermits creeping on this forum).
xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

He has nerve after that disaster that was the Wii-U launch line-up. :lol:

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Lol Nintendo get your act together. A 2DS WTF and where are the games for Wii U? They really can't afford to say anything 'bout the PS4/X1.

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#120 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts
wii u's line up for the past year has been meh. LOL nintendo is the joke of the industry now.
nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts
A rep for a rival brand trash-talking the competition? No friggin way! :roll:
TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 TheGrat1
Member since 2008 • 4330 Posts
Reggie throwing stones form a talcum powder house...
Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

Oh man, a PR guy down plying a competitor in an official statement, this is so shocking. When did nintendo get so ballsy!

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#124 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

He's not lying.

Unfortunately the WiiU isn't any better off either.

Kingpin0114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Kingpin0114
Member since 2008 • 2607 Posts

WiiU is pretty meh right now too.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#126 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

reggie is right look at the ps4,  

you mostly have cross generational games, and the exclusives are less known , ips,   save 2 , -infamous and killzone and the later i could do without ,  

and x1 just same ol halo forza fable  ,, the only reason i m gettin x1 is i already pay for xbox live,  im not paying for the crap psn ,  (09 remember that)  

and for dead rising 3 ,  thats it , the wiiu actually had games i wanted to play ,  on a nintendo platform ,  

like batman , need for speed ,  new super mario bros , zombi u-new ip and exclusive ,   nintendoland , and when i saw the upcoming line up thats it ,   wiiu was and is offically better game wise then what ps4 has ,  and x1 is just behind it ,   

say what you want i dont care if oh every console has cross generational games ,  because when 360 came out it had more new stuff then cross gen games, 

when wii came out same thing,  

even ps3 ,  so dont even get me started on the ps4 , even ps3 is getting gt6 , that should have been a ps4 title ,  it would have made the difference, 

and you know what , wiiu does have games,  

zombie u 

pikmin 3

fast and furious

nfs mw u , 

me3

nsmbu 

nslu

game and wario 

nintendo land

tank tank tank dl 

vc games  ,  

walking dead

sniper 2 elite

wheel of fortune

ac 3

and the upcoming ones look even more better, 

ac4 

watch dogs

splintercell 

super mario 3d world

dkc 5 tropical freeze

yoshland

wii party u 

zelda wind waker hd 

mariokart 8 

nintendos cleaning house once again ,    sales do not matter to me ,   its games people ,     

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#127 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Well he's right about that. The Wii U didn't have the best launch either, but it's going to have a far better line-up than either the PS4 or Xbox One this hoilday season.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#128 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

A strong business doesn't need to put down its competitors.

He should shut up and let his actions speak for him.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

Well he's right about that. The Wii U didn't have the best launch either, but it's going to have a far better line-up than either the PS4 or Xbox One this hoilday season.

Pikminmaniac

not even close when you count 3rd party support. You also have to account that nobody likes every game so if we start subtracting choices nintendo will lose and PS4 and x1 will win by default for having more choices. The Wii U just can't win an argument this year sorry... just deal with it :cool:

Merex760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#130 Merex760
Member since 2008 • 4381 Posts
Reggie is right.
hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 hiphops_savior

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

Joedgabe

not even close when you count 3rd party support. You also have to account that nobody likes every game so if we start subtracting choices nintendo will lose and PS4 and x1 will win by default for having more choices. The Wii U just can't win an argument this year sorry... just deal with it :cool:

Neither of the three consoles will be getting GTA5 in the near future, only the Wii U would be getting Rayman Legends and Arkham Origins out of the three, and all three will be getting Watch Dogs, AC4, and Ghosts. That's not even factoring in the PS360 as well. Keep in mind when you resort to subjective arguments, it could go both way (eg. I have a Wii U and PC, and I could care less about any of the PS4 or X1 launch exclusive).
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#132 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
Like new smb u? $60 for a 2D game
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#133 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
Like new smb u? $60 for a 2D game cainetao11
Yeah seriously, that's $30 per dimension. Far above wholesale value on the dimension market.
Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

He's right. Meh is a great word to describe them. At the same time, its not like the Wii U's lineup is better. Everyone's just waiting for 2014.

lx_theo

Precisely.

All consoles are "meh" at the moment.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

Guess we all should listen to Reggie and get a WiiU :)

SDC_4_LIFE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 SDC_4_LIFE
Member since 2013 • 164 Posts

He also calls me so he can come over and play the Vita, something he can relate to I guess.

Of course I say no, I don't like the way he looks at my kids.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

[QUOTE="Joedgabe"]

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

hiphops_savior

Neither of the three consoles will be getting GTA5 in the near future, only the Wii U would be getting Rayman Legends and Arkham Origins out of the three, and all three will be getting Watch Dogs, AC4, and Ghosts. That's not even factoring in the PS360 as well. Keep in mind when you resort to subjective arguments, it could go both way (eg. I have a Wii U and PC, and I could care less about any of the PS4 or X1 launch exclusive).

true enough... but wind waker HD, Mario 3D world and Pinkmin are the only games nintendo would have more or less successful releases with. I meant it's hard to count 3rd party games for nintendo.. especially games like CoD or other games you would play online... would you risk it? playing COD online on the Wii U? or rather get it where the user base is at? and i haven't heard much good things from the nintendo network. So their 3rd party support will have dissadvantage of choice before release.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#138 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
Reggie is god.
Alpha_S_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Alpha_S_
Member since 2007 • 395 Posts

He's right...but that doesn't mean the Wii U's library is all that special either.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#140 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

He's right...but that doesn't mean the Wii U's library is all that special either.

Alpha_S_
Many of their heavy hitters are coming though.
HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#141 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts

TSHBOBRG [By Reggies Grin]

First 2DS just for being a stupid idea, now telling Wii U fans they have great games, when in reality they couldn't give the Wii U away.

I'm just so glad i'm done with Nintendo, they've been telling us how great things are since the beggining of the Wii days and i've seen nothing.

Their home console library is in a seriously weak position, yet this is what they choose to boast about.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
Lol like nintendo systems launch with amazing games? I mean mario64 was a launch game but it was also like the only game at launch.
Jack-Burton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Jack-Burton
Member since 2013 • 2435 Posts
They have 3rd party support though Reggie.... Pals in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
MGS2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 MGS2007
Member since 2007 • 108 Posts

They have 3rd party support though Reggie.... Pals in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.Jack-Burton

The whole wii u is meh, sorry reggie.

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

Pretty weak, considering how crap the wii u is

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#147 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

This has to be some sort of joke or parody. It has to be.

Avatar image for samanthademeste
samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 samanthademeste
Member since 2010 • 1553 Posts

So what is so great about the Wii U's launch lineup again?

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
At least when Miyamoto was unimpressed he just said there wasn't a game he would of made himself. That is understandable. To just say all these games are meh is just stupid.
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts
he gets paid to trash talk about the competition