Reggie Calls Xbone and PS4 Launch Lineups "Meh"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

[QUOTE="Gargus"]

I call of the wiiu titles since launch as meh. So there.

ConanTheStoner

Not your first language I'm guessing.

I hate it when that happens. A lot of times if I have two words I am typing in a row that are spelled almost exactly the same I tend to type so fast I only put in one for some odd reason. So call and all became one word in the back of my mind. Should read "I call all of the wiiu titles since launch as meh" but you knew that already despite that sad attempt at pretentiousness.

And if you honestly expect me to think that you have never, I mean ever made a typing error in your life that would qualify you to nit pick mine then I would call you a liar. So yeah, you try to sound as smug as you like but it isnt working very well.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Please understand. Please buy a Wiiu. We have 1980s cartoon rehashes and remakes of rehashes.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23718 Posts

[QUOTE="ConanTheStoner"]

[QUOTE="Gargus"]

I call of the wiiu titles since launch as meh. So there.

Gargus

Not your first language I'm guessing.

I hate it when that happens. A lot of times if I have two words I am typing in a row that are spelled almost exactly the same I tend to type so fast I only put in one for some odd reason. So call and all became one word in the back of my mind. Should read "I call all of the wiiu titles since launch as meh" but you knew that already despite that sad attempt at pretentiousness.

And if you honestly expect me to think that you have never, I mean ever made a typing error in your life that would qualify you to nit pick mine then I would call you a liar. So yeah, you try to sound as smug as you like but it isnt working very well.

How sir dare you?  Never mistakes error type make I.  :roll:

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Please understand. Please buy a Wiiu. We have 1980s cartoon rehashes and remakes of rehashes.

NathanDrakeSwag
Please buy a PS4,we got tons of indies and flops :(
ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 ConanTheStoner

[QUOTE="NathanDrakeSwag"]

MonsieurX

Funny how hes always on about 80s cartoon rehashes when his user name is based on a character from an 80s movie rehash.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#56 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

I like Nintendo about as much as Sony. The PS4 and XOne's line ups aren't all that great but niether was Nintendo's. I've never seen a system launch with it's best games. The best launch game I've ever seen was Halo 1. In all of my years of gaming 99% of launch games suck. There aint one launch game for the PS4 One or WiiU that I want. I'm stick it out on current gen till after I play Dark Souls 2. I probobly wont get a new system for another 2 years at the earlyest. I still have a back log of 50 games from this gen I haven't played.  

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 MonsieurX

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="NathanDrakeSwag"]

ConanTheStoner

Funny how hes always on about 80s cartoon rehashes when his user name is based on a character from an 80s movie rehash.

But those are similarities,not rehashes ~Nathan :roll:
ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 ConanTheStoner

The best launch game I've ever seen was Halo 1. In all of my years of gaming 99% of launch games suck.

jdc6305

True, but I must add Super Mario Bros. NES and especially Super Mario World SNES... and even though I'm not a fan, SM64 was a killer launch title.

Launching without a true killer app has only become the norm in recent years.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 ConanTheStoner

[QUOTE="ConanTheStoner"]

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"] Please buy a PS4,we got tons of indies and flops :(MonsieurX

But those are similarities,not rehashes ~Nathan :roll:

lol 

masterninja9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 masterninja9
Member since 2013 • 203 Posts
Well, he's right.
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts
Coming from the guy who said Batman Arkham City Armored Edition was an entirely new game because of the new suit...Meh
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#62 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
I'd agree. Only fanboys are knee-jerk technophiles will adopt these new consoles this early.
RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts
Wii U is ok but they need to lose the huge controller. Give me a console with a regular controller Nintendo.
ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 ConanTheStoner

Wii U is ok but they need to lose the huge controller. Give me a console with a regular controller Nintendo. RimacBugatti

You can use a regular controller... though its kind of dumb since the WiiU tablet is pretty f*cking ace.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 foxhound_fox
Wii U is ok but they need to lose the huge controller. Give me a console with a regular controller Nintendo. RimacBugatti
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 NathanDrakeSwag

I'd agree. Only fanboys are knee-jerk technophiles will adopt these new consoles this early.foxhound_fox

Only blind nostalgic fanboys will buy a Wiiu ever.

Mrmedia01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Mrmedia01
Member since 2007 • 1917 Posts

LOL and I guess WII lineup was better?

hahahahaha, he is so delusional.

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#68 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

The PS4 launch lineup is more impresive than the ENTIRE CURRENT Wii-U game catalogue.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 MonsieurX

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]I'd agree. Only fanboys are knee-jerk technophiles will adopt these new consoles this early.NathanDrakeSwag

Only blind nostalgic fanboys will buy a Wiiu ever.

Sure :roll:
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 MonsieurX

The PS4 launch lineup is more impresive than the ENTIRE CURRENT Wii-U game catalogue.

Netherscourge
Doesn't take you much to be impressed :|
-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#71 -RPGamer-
Member since 2002 • 34283 Posts

I see a lot of people agreeing.

Maybe it's just me but I can't recall having 4 games preordered for any system at launch, and I've been getting launch consoles since the SNES.

So right now for the PS4 I have CoD:Ghosts, Killzone, ACIV, and Watch Dogs. The majority of these are available else where and that's fine, it doesn't negate them being there at launch for a new system (I could say the same for X1). And who knows which of the many indie titles will be there on PSN when I fire it up.

I'm not seeing the "meh". ?_?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 MonsieurX

Maybe it's just me but I can't recall having 4 games preordered for any system at launch, and I've been getting launch consoles since the SNES.

So right now for the PS4 I have CoD:Ghosts, Killzone, ACIV, and Watch Dogs. The majority of these are available else where and that's fine, it doesn't negate them being there at launch for a new system (I could say the same for X1). And who knows which of the many indie titles will be there on PSN when I fire it up.

-RPGamer-
I don't see how it makes it a good launch? 3 multiplats and a single exclusive that all we hear about is the graphics?
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 NathanDrakeSwag

[QUOTE="-RPGamer-"]

MonsieurX

I don't see how it makes it a good launch? 3 multiplats and a single exclusive that all we hear about is the graphics?

How many games do you need on day 1? Good god all you do is cry.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 MonsieurX

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="-RPGamer-"]

NathanDrakeSwag

CoD,AC IV and Watch Dogs are released on last gen consoles as well,nothing to get excited
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#75 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

The launch games for both consoles are pretty weak. That said, Reggie has no room to talk given the performance of the Wii U over the past 10 months.

-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 -RPGamer-

[QUOTE="-RPGamer-"]

MonsieurX

They haven't just spoken about graphics, do people actually read up on what developers are saying about their games? If you focus on SW I think you could say all "we hear about [here]", b/c for some reason or another this place is consistently focused on graphics.

And I'll echo someone else, how many games do you want? 4 games at launch I can say I've never purchased that many games at any launch. Hell I've seen launches come and go where I bought zero titles.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 NathanDrakeSwag

[QUOTE="NathanDrakeSwag"]

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"] I don't see how it makes it a good launch? 3 multiplats and a single exclusive that all we hear about is the graphics?MonsieurX

CoD,AC IV and Watch Dogs are released on last gen consoles as well,nothing to get excited

Watch Dogs is being built for next gen. BF4 will have 64 players on PS4 compared to 24. AC IV looks noticeably better on next gen imo. There is also Killzone, Driveclub, Resogun, Minecraft, Knack, sports games, COD, NFS and a ton of indies and F2P games. 

That should be enough for anybody until inFAMOUS comes out only 3 months later.

This is probably the most well rounded launch lineup of all time. Plenty of quality games.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 foxhound_fox
Only blind nostalgic fanboys will buy a Wiiu ever.NathanDrakeSwag
-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 -RPGamer-

CoD,AC IV and Watch Dogs are released on last gen consoles as well,nothing to get excitedMonsieurX

So we're either "meh" or excited? Can't be happy? Satisfied? 

And I stated you could get those else where, guess it's asking too much to be interested in a better console version of a title.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 MFDOOM1983
Plenty of great games to choose from, if you don't already on a gaming pc. Sheep thinking multiplats on xb1/ps4 will be on par with 360/ps3/wii-u versions. lol
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 MonsieurX

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="NathanDrakeSwag"]

NathanDrakeSwag

Watch Dogs is being built for next gen. BF4 will have 64 players on PS4 compared to 24. AC IV looks noticeably better on next gen imo. There is also Killzone, Driveclub, Resogun, Minecraft, Knack, sports games, COD, NFS and a ton of indies and F2P games. 

That should be enough for anybody until inFAMOUS comes out only 3 months later.

This is probably the most well rounded launch lineup of all time. Plenty of quality games.

You're now hyping F2P games? :lol:
hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#82 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
reggie is meh .........
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 foxhound_fox
Sheep thinking multiplats on xb1/ps4 will be on par with 360/ps3/wii-u versions. lolMFDOOM1983
Gameplay-wise they will be. And isn't that why we play games? I can almost guarantee that all the cross-gen multiplats will sell extravagantly better on past-gen consoles because the majority of gamers are not early adopters.
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 NathanDrakeSwag

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]Sheep thinking multiplats on xb1/ps4 will be on par with 360/ps3/wii-u versions. lolfoxhound_fox
Gameplay-wise they will be. And isn't that why we play games? I can almost guarantee that all the cross-gen multiplats will sell extravagantly better on past-gen consoles because the majority of gamers are not early adopters.

So go play Wind Waker on Gamecube. It plays the same after all :roll:

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 ConanTheStoner

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]Sheep thinking multiplats on xb1/ps4 will be on par with 360/ps3/wii-u versions. lolfoxhound_fox

Well you're right, but beyond that... who the f*ck buys Nintendo consoles for multiplats?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 MonsieurX

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]Sheep thinking multiplats on xb1/ps4 will be on par with 360/ps3/wii-u versions. lolNathanDrakeSwag

So go play Wind Waker on Gamecube. It plays the same after all :roll:

Hyping F2P games,a new low for cows :lol:
-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 -RPGamer-

What does it matter how much they sell? I mean this is common sense, and doesn't diminish the value of the next gen versions of the titles. 

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]Sheep thinking multiplats on xb1/ps4 will be on par with 360/ps3/wii-u versions. lolConanTheStoner

Well you're right, but beyond that... who the f*ck buys Nintendo consoles for multiplats?

Don't really get this notion. Complain that Nintendo has no 3rd party support then say "Why would I get that on a Nintendo console?" Also I own a lot of Wii U multiplats.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 foxhound_fox
So go play Wind Waker on Gamecube. It plays the same after all :roll:NathanDrakeSwag
If it were the same game with upgraded graphics, and no additional content, then you could say that. The fact these developers are even making their games cross-gen exemplifies the fact that they don't believe there is that much of a gap technologically that would make a substantial difference in how the games PLAY. Sure, they'll look immensely better to the people who play games with a magnifying glass. And personally, I already own WW on GC, and I see no need to own a second copy of the game.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 foxhound_fox
What does it matter how much they sell? I mean this is common sense, and doesn't diminish the value of the next gen versions of the titles. -RPGamer-
It will show that the upgraded graphics aren't the reason why people are buying the games.
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 MFDOOM1983

Seeing how performance impacts gameplay(recent ex. sanint's row 4), I'm going to have to disagree. If the gap is on par with advanced warfighter or fight night round 3 this gen, then current gen gamers are going to be left with a significantly watered-down experience. Sheep and Nintendo apologists really like playing the sales card.... 160 million userbase vs. 6 at best in the coming months. No shit, sherlock
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 foxhound_fox
Don't really get this notion. Complain that Nintendo has no 3rd party support then say "Why would I get that on a Nintendo console?" Also I own a lot of Wii U multiplats.OreoMilkshake
Indeed. It's the same reason why third parties are so reluctant to put their games out on Nintendo's platforms, despite them being given a huge window early on in both the 3DS's and Wii U's life cycles.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 foxhound_fox
Seeing how performance impacts gameplay(recent ex. sanint's row 4), I'm going to have to disagree. If the gap is on par with advanced warfighter or fight night round 3 this gen, then current gen gamers are going to be left with a significantly watered-down experience. Sheep and Nintendo apologists really like playing the sales card.... 160 million userbase vs. 6 at best in the coming months. No shit, sherlockMFDOOM1983
If technical performance is really that important to someone, they would be playing these multiplats on PC.
-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 -RPGamer-

[QUOTE="-RPGamer-"]What does it matter how much they sell? I mean this is common sense, and doesn't diminish the value of the next gen versions of the titles. foxhound_fox
It will show that the upgraded graphics aren't the reason why people are buying the games.

\

If that is the only variable you think is in play based on that result, than more power to you... >_>

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 MFDOOM1983
[QUOTE="-RPGamer-"]What does it matter how much they sell? I mean this is common sense, and doesn't diminish the value of the next gen versions of the titles. foxhound_fox

People are more likely to buy versions of a game for a system they currently own. *gasp* Especially, if the game launches prior to the next gen console release date. Gather around for more knowledge people.
Quaker-w00ts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Quaker-w00ts
Member since 2009 • 1646 Posts

well...... he's not wrong

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 ConanTheStoner

[QUOTE="ConanTheStoner"]

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"] Gameplay-wise they will be. And isn't that why we play games? I can almost guarantee that all the cross-gen multiplats will sell extravagantly better on past-gen consoles because the majority of gamers are not early adopters.OreoMilkshake

Don't really get this notion. Complain that Nintendo has no 3rd party support then say "Why would I get that on a Nintendo console?" Also I own a lot of Wii U multiplats.

Well I've never complained about Nintendo not having 3rd party support.  And when I do buy 3rd party games on Nintendo consoles they're exclusives.

Multiplats though?  I really don't see the point unless you dont have other options.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 foxhound_fox
People are more likely to buy versions of a game for a system they currently own. *gasp* Especially, if the game launches prior to the next gen console release date. Gather around for more knowledge people.MFDOOM1983
:roll:
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 foxhound_fox
Multiplats though?  I really don't see the point unless you dont have other options.ConanTheStoner
Buying them on a Nintendo console would encourage third parties to stick around.
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 MFDOOM1983

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]Seeing how performance impacts gameplay(recent ex. sanint's row 4), I'm going to have to disagree. If the gap is on par with advanced warfighter or fight night round 3 this gen, then current gen gamers are going to be left with a significantly watered-down experience. Sheep and Nintendo apologists really like playing the sales card.... 160 million userbase vs. 6 at best in the coming months. No shit, sherlockfoxhound_fox
If technical performance is really that important to someone, they would be playing these multiplats on PC.

Or they're waiting until there's a cheaper alternative available to PC. *looks at pictures of ps4 and xb1* Only in the past year or so have we seen some truly bad console versions of marquee titles.

I think this tangent has run its course. Next gen versions of the multiplats in question>>>>last gen counterparts on ps3, 360 and the stop-gap system, wiiu. There's a reason why little to no footage of said versions are in circulation.