Reggie Calls Xbone and PS4 Launch Lineups "Meh"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#151 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts
Pathetic Nintendo once more.
DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#153 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Interesting that he's on the attack and Nintendo fans, always quick to cry about people denigrating their consoles, are flocking to his defence.

And he doesn't have a point. Wii U has had a year to get their library right and the launch libraries of the X1 and PS4 are already shaping up. And there will be much more coming, including all of those lovely next gen multiplats Wii U wont be getting.

Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones Reggie.

Avatar image for samanthademeste
samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#154 samanthademeste
Member since 2010 • 1553 Posts

He probably hates PC gaming, Apple and Linux as well.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

Well he's right about that. The Wii U didn't have the best launch either, but it's going to have a far better line-up than either the PS4 or Xbox One this hoilday season.

Pikminmaniac

I'm sorry what was the WiiU launch line up again?

samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 samanthademeste

Reggie fils-aime sucks. And so does Old Wizard they are just as bad as the Sony Defence Force.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#157 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

But those are the same recycled games, Reggie... 

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

Well he's right about that. The Wii U didn't have the best launch either, but it's going to have a far better line-up than either the PS4 or Xbox One this hoilday season.

rjdofu

Your lack of reading comprehension disturbs me

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#159 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

rjdofu

Pikminmaniac said the Wii U's launch wasn't great but the Wii U will have the better line up this holiday season because it is getting so many great looking games this holiday.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21703 Posts

Reggie talking shit is the equivalent of the Detroit Lions talking about going 10-6 every year.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#161 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

He is right, WiiU had more launch titles than Xbox One will have :P

aroxx_ab

The Wii U didn't launch with anything great, so not sure what you are talking about. The XBox One & PS4 easily has a better launch lineup then what the Wii U had. Reggie is in denial. The Wii U has been a complete failure so far and they are hoping and praying the 4-5 exclusive titles they launch this fall will jump start some sails for their system.

Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#162 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts

ArchAngeL-777 calls WiiU and its total game lineup "Meh"

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts
WiiU at least had NSMB at launch. PS4 has 6 exclusives and the xbox has 8. None of them make me want spend over $500 for them.
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#164 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

Big words Reggie, but how much did the launch lineup help the Wii U? We shouldn't be asking ourselves what we'll play on launch day, it's what we'll be playing over the several months after. darkspineslayer

Exactly. The Wii U launch lineup was worse then "Meh". The 2-6 months that followed were terrible. Nintendo is just now getting more 1st party exclusives out the door. so I'm not sure what Reggie is smoking. He says it's all about the GAMES, but the Wii U didn't have anything great at launch and nother great months later. He really needs to practice what he preaches. You can't talk about the GAMES Reggie if you don't have any. lol!! The Wii U being seriously over priced compared to it's competition (which is really the XBox 360 and PS3) didn't help either. The fact that they just completely gave up on the Wii with over 120 million owners completely baffles my mind. That was completely dumb.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#165 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Reggie is an idiot.

TheKingIAm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 TheKingIAm
Member since 2013 • 1531 Posts
WiiU or Justin Beiber?
TheKingIAm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 TheKingIAm
Member since 2013 • 1531 Posts
WiiU at least had NSMB at launch. PS4 has 6 exclusives and the xbox has 8. None of them make me want spend over $500 for them.DaBrainz
The wii eww isnt worth even $20
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#168 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

How Do The PS4 And Xbox One Launch Lineups Compare To Past Console Launches? A Comprehensive Analysis.

If theirs are meh, then they must have some of the best meh launch lineups out there.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
:lol: Reggie :lol:
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#170 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Reggie should just keep his mouth shut and just concentrate on trying to save ill fated Wii U.

killerzboxzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 killerzboxzone
Member since 2012 • 109 Posts
Because the Wii U had such an amazing launch lineup. And not half of it was rehashed current gen games. HEY WAIT A MINUTE
samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 samanthademeste

Reggie is an idiot.

heretrix

i-agree.jpg

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#173 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

true enough... but wind waker HD, Mario 3D world and Pinkmin are the only games nintendo would have more or less successful releases with. I meant it's hard to count 3rd party games for nintendo.. especially games like CoD or other games you would play online... would you risk it? playing COD online on the Wii U? or rather get it where the user base is at? and i haven't heard much good things from the nintendo network. So their 3rd party support will have dissadvantage of choice before release.

Joedgabe
Keep in mind I have been playing Black Ops 2 on the Wii U for the past year, and it's a tight community thanks to Miiverse. Any average player can be one of the best on the Wii U community. Nintendo Network is a heck of an improvement compared to the Wii online system. End of the day, COD will sell no matter what console it's on.
Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#174 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts
[QUOTE="Joedgabe"]

true enough... but wind waker HD, Mario 3D world and Pinkmin are the only games nintendo would have more or less successful releases with. I meant it's hard to count 3rd party games for nintendo.. especially games like CoD or other games you would play online... would you risk it? playing COD online on the Wii U? or rather get it where the user base is at? and i haven't heard much good things from the nintendo network. So their 3rd party support will have dissadvantage of choice before release.

hiphops_savior
Keep in mind I have been playing Black Ops 2 on the Wii U for the past year, and it's a tight community thanks to Miiverse. Any average player can be one of the best on the Wii U community. Nintendo Network is a heck of an improvement compared to the Wii online system. End of the day, COD will sell no matter what console it's on.

COD plays perfectly fine on the Nintendo network. Every online game for Wii U plays perfectly fine.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
What else can he say? He knows the WiiU is struggling and their fall lineup of games wont change that.
Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

Nintendo rep says they are better than the competition? i'm a SHOCKED. i truly am.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#177 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44616 Posts
Dead Rising 3 looks better than Zombie U face it Reggie your taste in games is as ugly as your face
Avatar image for deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4
deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4
Member since 2010 • 1750 Posts
most of the launch games on ps4 and xbone will be on pc and current gen. so, its a meh indeed
hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts
most of the launch games on ps4 and xbone will be on pc and current gen. so, its a meh indeednarutosup
The fact that most posts on this thread is attacking Reggie himself rather than acknowledging the fact speaks for itself.
consoletroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 consoletroll
Member since 2013 • 416 Posts

Talk about desperation. Agree that the launch line ups are not that exciting - but do you hear sony or ms commenting on the wii u's low end hardware, crappy games, or lack of games? Nintendo's big plan is to sell cheaper gameboys (2ds).

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#181 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

He's right. Most launch lineups are bad though.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

[QUOTE="narutosup"]most of the launch games on ps4 and xbone will be on pc and current gen. so, its a meh indeedhiphops_savior
The fact that most posts on this thread is attacking Reggie himself rather than acknowledging the fact speaks for itself.

Well he does have a big mouth.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#183 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

holy crap does rayman legends suck compared to origins. You can really tell the game suffered due to the inclusion of touch based controls on the WiiU, it's nowhere near as fastpaced and kinetic as origins either. it's a step back in all areas, they even reuse the same assets.

It's pretty sad the Nintendo fanboys were creaming themselves over this game, It feels so gimped. They literally cram this half baked motion control shit in nearly every level.

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#184 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts

Good call.

inb4 mad cows and lems

MonsieurX
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

Yoshida from Sony response:

It's near impossible to dislike Reggie #meh :D

Shuhei Yoshida (@yosp) August 29, 2013

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

Sad thing is theres more games coming to the PS4 in the first 3 months then I have wanted on my Wii-U all year.  Just shut up and give me a good Zelda so it will stop collecting dust.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 AM-Gamer

Yoshida from Sony response:

It's near impossible to dislike Reggie #meh :D

Shuhei Yoshida (@yosp) August 29, 2013

rjdofu

LMAO god Yoshida is hillarious.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts
Holy hell there has rarely been a better instance of the word irony. Oh nintendo, the butt of all jokes related to gaming.
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Sad thing is theres more games coming to the PS4 in the first 3 months then I have wanted on my Wii-U all year.  Just shut up and give me a good Zelda so it will stop collecting dust.

AM-Gamer

The interesting thing is that there are 11 games I want on the Wii U for every 1 I want on PS4 at this point.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
and aren't they? i mean, beyond a bunch of multiplats (most of which will be available on the current gen, if not all of them), what DO they have to offer?
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="hiphops_savior"][QUOTE="narutosup"]most of the launch games on ps4 and xbone will be on pc and current gen. so, its a meh indeedheretrix

Well he does have a big mouth.

someone asks him "what do you think of the PS4 and Xbone launch lineups?", he gave his answer. it's not like he released a public statement "I THINK THE COMPETITION IS MEH".
AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 AM-Gamer

[QUOTE="AM-Gamer"]

Pikminmaniac

The interesting thing is that there are 11 games I want on the Wii U for every 1 I want on PS4 at this point.

You would be in the minority.  Outside of SSMB and Project x there is nothing that i have seen that I want.  I may consider bayonetta 2 as well.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 AM-Gamer

and aren't they? i mean, beyond a bunch of multiplats (most of which will be available on the current gen, if not all of them), what DO they have to offer?BrunoBRS

A bunch of games that still wont come to the Wii U?

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]and aren't they? i mean, beyond a bunch of multiplats (most of which will be available on the current gen, if not all of them), what DO they have to offer?AM-Gamer

A bunch of games that still wont come to the Wii U?

actually, they are, but that's beside the point. people buying PS4s and XBones likely have a PS3 or 360, or even a PC. what incentive do they have to buy the next gen systems now? barely prettier visuals?
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#195 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

someone asks him "what do you think of the PS4 and Xbone launch lineups?", he gave his answer. it's not like he released a public statement "I THINK THE COMPETITION IS MEH".BrunoBRS

There's little real difference. He knows people are going to see it.

Besides, when you're the president of a company, you don't exactly say "Our competitors' offerings are mediocre" even if you truly believe it. It doesn't convince anyone, and it doesn't make you look very secure.

Shensolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Shensolidus
Member since 2003 • 931 Posts

Reggie claims their lineup is far superior to the new console lineups and I couldn't disagree more, even though I WANTED Nintendo to outperform with their software this holiday season.

Let's get this one fact out of the way - every major game for the Wii U this holiday season is a game Nintendo has offered one way or another on the Wii or 3DS in the last 3 years (with the exception of Pikmin 3 & Wonderful 101, if you count them as their holiday season lineup). Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD is fine and all, but I was already feeling the grind of the Zelda formula with 2011's Skyward Sword, not quite sure I wanna dive back in on a game i've already played with a formula that is beginning to get less mileage with me.

Mario is essentially the Mario 3DS game but with upressed graphics and 4 player co-op. The gameplay is fine, but it doesn't really cry out to me as Nintendo's "next-gen Mario", nor should it really. This is gameplay they essentially offered on the 3DS, why would I pay $350+ to experience this all over again. Donkey Kong Country has the same problem - pretty much identical game to its predecessor on a weaker console.

The fact that all these games can be played with the Wiimote speaks volumes as to how well utilized the Wii U gamepad has been. Honestly, I expected more unique gameplay experiences from Nintendo from their familiar franchises, not repackaged games I purchased in SD.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
o my gad reggie talk now i cancel my PS4 pre-order
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

[QUOTE="AM-Gamer"]

Pikminmaniac

lol are there even 11 games scheduled to come out on the Wii U right now?

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#199 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

The Wii U hasn't even got one game on it to make it worth owning. Oh a Mario game that could have been done on 3DS. Give us a Galaxy or all new 3D adventure. Metroid looks to be going the same way as Star Fox and F Zero. Nintendo are making Mario games decline in quality. Zelda is the only game worth getting for it but it doesn't come out till 2014 maybe 15 at a stretch.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#200 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

The Wii U hasn't even got one game on it to make it worth owning. Oh a Mario game that could have been done on 3DS. Give us a Galaxy or all new 3D adventure. Metroid looks to be going the same way as Star Fox and F Zero. Nintendo are making Mario games decline in quality. Zelda is the only game worth getting for it but it doesn't come out till 2014 maybe 15 at a stretch.

chocolate1325
You sure have a weird taste in games.