Red dead Redemption 2 gameplay info.

  • 198 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
Avatar image for tormentos
#1 Posted by tormentos (29239 posts) -

I think this is the only game that can easily beat GOW for Goty this year,i can't freaking wait it look improve in every way possible,with a deeper gameplay system in place more activities and even fishing yay me.

So who is getting this beast this holiday.?

Avatar image for recloud
#2 Edited by ReCloud (4418 posts) -

@tormentos: surprise surprise, it's a cinematic "movie game", with lots.of cutscenes, focus on story, 3rd person action Adventure game. Hermits and lemmings are hyping it lmao

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
#3 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (12947 posts) -

This is definitely going to be GOTY and GOTG for me. I have never been this hyped for a game before. It's been 5 years since the last Rockstar game.

And GoW is currently my GOTG surpassing Witcher 3 but Rockstar always manages to raise the bar higher than everyone else.

Avatar image for Gamerno6666
#4 Posted by Gamerno6666 (6900 posts) -

Yeah ok.p

Avatar image for Juub1990
#5 Posted by Juub1990 (8721 posts) -

@tormentos: Gameplay is still gonna suck and GOW will shit on it. Since it’s Rockstar it’ll get 10/10 across the board.

When has R* made a game with even decent gameplay?

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
#6 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (12947 posts) -

@Juub1990: GTA V, RDR and Max Payne 3 all have great gameplay.

Avatar image for Juub1990
#7 Edited by Juub1990 (8721 posts) -

@NathanDrakeSwag: I’ll agree with Max Payne 3. GTA V and RDR are lol.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
#8 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (12947 posts) -
@Juub1990 said:

@NathanDrakeSwag: I’ll agree with Max Payne 3 but it was just published and not made by R*. GTA V and RDR are lol.

Max Payne 3 was developed in-house. The first 2 were just published.

Avatar image for Juub1990
#9 Posted by Juub1990 (8721 posts) -

@NathanDrakeSwag: Yeah I edited my post. Thought it was just published after they had acquired the IP.

Avatar image for Archangel3371
#10 Posted by Archangel3371 (28553 posts) -

I’m VERY hyped for this game and will most definitely be getting it on day one. Right now I would say that Monster Hunter World is my GotY but this will very likely take that spot. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and Forza Horizon 4 will be two other very strong contenders.

Avatar image for HoolaHoopMan
#11 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (10956 posts) -

Hopefully the gun play and movement mechanics are more fluid, less delay prone, than Rockstar's other games. RDR is my favorite game they've made. The one thing I've always found lacking is the character movement and gun play for Rockstar's games.

Avatar image for Alucard_Prime
#12 Edited by Alucard_Prime (10107 posts) -

I loved the first one and I enjoy Westerns, I'm really looking forward to this.... looks amazing and everything looks so much more detailed than the first game such breathtaking scenery.

Looking forward to all the new activities, I spent a lot of time just roaming around and hunting animals in the first game, just doing various things....the world looks much more detailed with more stuff to do in this one. I hope the story is great just like the first game!

Avatar image for Xabiss
#13 Posted by Xabiss (2896 posts) -

Day one for me looks great!

Avatar image for phbz
#14 Posted by phbz (4674 posts) -

I loved the first so I'm really hyped about this one. It will probably take my goty nomination, as for gotg I'm not sure it will dethrone BotW for me but I hope it does, it's a good sign.

Avatar image for stuff238
#15 Posted by stuff238 (3284 posts) -

It looks awesome and will be a great runner up to the GOTY God Of War.

Avatar image for foxhound_fox
#16 Posted by foxhound_fox (98037 posts) -

It's not winning any graphics competitions that's for sure (not until the realism mods come out for the PC version) but hot damn does she look like a fun Wild West simulator. Going to be a tough GOTY competition with Doom Eternal to go up against.

Avatar image for Alucard_Prime
#17 Posted by Alucard_Prime (10107 posts) -

@Archangel3371 said:

I’m VERY hyped for this game and will most definitely be getting it on day one. Right now I would say that Monster Hunter World is my GotY but this will very likely take that spot. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and Forza Horizon 4 will be two other very strong contenders.

yeah lol RDR2 looks far more immersive than the previous title, I have a feeling I'll be spending a lot of time in its world while hours go by in the real world.....add to the mix FH4, and not much time left for anything else

Avatar image for quadknight
#18 Posted by QuadKnight (12916 posts) -
@recloud said:

@tormentos: surprise surprise, it's a cinematic "movie game", with lots.of cutscenes, focus on story, 3rd person action Adventure game. Hermits and lemmings are hyping it lmao

Yup. Goes to show this whole "movie game" fiasco isn't about the games themselves rather it's about the platform they are on...

Avatar image for KungfuKitten
#19 Edited by KungfuKitten (26800 posts) -

It still doesn't mention their monetization schemes. You guys are being set up. It's gonna be like 'oh this game looks so good, oh these things sound like fun'. And then they drop GTA V online type MTX on the singleplayer and you'll feel the social pressure to pretend it's all fine. Mind games. They'll have the pre-orders. They'll have the players defend their malpractices.

I'm hyping this suspicious game a 6/10 until I get some facts about the ways they want to screw you over.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
#20 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (12947 posts) -
@KungfuKitten said:

It still doesn't mention their monetization schemes. You guys are being set up. It's gonna be like 'oh this game looks so good, oh these things sound like fun'. And then they drop GTA V online type MTX on the singleplayer and you'll feel the social pressure to pretend it's all fine. Mind games. I'm hyping this shit a 6/10 until I get some facts about the way they want to screw you over.

The SP likely won't have any monetization schemes. GTA V didn't. Online is a different playing field. Especially for a game like GTA Online where balance really doesn't mean shit.

You guys acting like the SP doesn't exist or is somehow negated because of MP are funny. GTA V got its 97 MC average before the online was even released. It was already a masterpiece. The online is just a bonus for people who want to goof around in the world with other players.

Avatar image for PCgameruk
#21 Posted by PCgameruk (2273 posts) -

Has current gen written all over it ZzzzzZZzzzzzz

Avatar image for robert_sparkes
#22 Edited by robert_sparkes (3314 posts) -

I would love a undead nightmare type expansion but it probably won't happen multiplayer will probably be the focus.

Avatar image for recloud
#23 Posted by ReCloud (4418 posts) -

@KungfuKitten: 6/10 LMAO

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#24 Posted by uninspiredcup (35065 posts) -

I have a Switch, be playing superior games.

Avatar image for KungfuKitten
#25 Edited by KungfuKitten (26800 posts) -

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@KungfuKitten said:

It still doesn't mention their monetization schemes. You guys are being set up. It's gonna be like 'oh this game looks so good, oh these things sound like fun'. And then they drop GTA V online type MTX on the singleplayer and you'll feel the social pressure to pretend it's all fine. Mind games. I'm hyping this shit a 6/10 until I get some facts about the way they want to screw you over.

The SP likely won't have any monetization schemes. GTA V didn't. Online is a different playing field. Especially for a game like GTA Online where balance really doesn't mean shit.

You guys acting like the SP doesn't exist or is somehow negated because of MP are funny. GTA V got its 97 MC average before the online was even released. It was already a masterpiece. The online is just a bonus for people who want to goof around in the world with other players.

I'm talking about the SP. They know how much money is in anti-consumer practices. And they've said they don't care one bit about what people have to say about lootboxes and the like. The online is whatever. I consider it a bonus too. The money they made with GTA V is enough to give any CEO a 24/7 erection and they are for sure considering implementing a fake currency and other bullshit in the SP. But maybe they'll hold back? They did say that they do not expect RDR2 to make as much money as GTA V for what that's worth.

There's a big contrast here and I know I'm the exception. I'm concerned about it. Most people, even reviewers, are extremely hyped about this game without knowing the details and I get it. At the same time I'm definitely not convinced that they're going to do right by the SP. And they're not talking about it. I hope they are smart enough to not burn their hand and that this game is going to be amazing. I just wouldn't pre-order it given their history.

(Their pre-order editions didn't exactly give me faith either...)

Avatar image for recloud
#26 Posted by ReCloud (4418 posts) -

@KungfuKitten: If the monetization is anything like AC origins, I couldn't give 2 shits.

If the MT aren't intrusive, it's fine

Avatar image for cainetao11
#27 Posted by cainetao11 (36844 posts) -

@tormentos: I think it looks amazing. Cant wait dude.

Avatar image for Archangel3371
#28 Posted by Archangel3371 (28553 posts) -

@Alucard_Prime: Yeah Red Dead Redemption 2 and Forza Horizon 4 will be eating up most of my gaming time for a good long while as well.

Avatar image for KungfuKitten
#29 Edited by KungfuKitten (26800 posts) -

@recloud said:

@KungfuKitten: If the monetization is anything like AC origins, I couldn't give 2 shits.

If the MT aren't intrusive, it's fine

I agree with you that MTX done right will result in little to no negative effect on the game.

Hmm I purrsonally didn't like the way they did it in AC origins. It was immersion breaking for me to have these items offered for sale. I didn't like the idea of 'time savers' costing money. That's just a digit that they change in the code and doesn't cost them more than a tenth cent per copy to implement. That's bad game design practice. It shows no faith in their game balance and results in ulterior motives. They used a fake currency to obfuscate how much money you put into the game and to ensure you have to spend more money to get items that cost less money.

Also you could buy good gear and that meant that any drops in the game felt a little bit like they were a free sample instead of like an accomplishment. I also think the boxes you can buy with random loot in them were a bit of a weird choice for the game. It is not good game design so why even put it in there if not for a historical reason? Overall I was not impressed with their MTX 'solution'. It seemed to serve their wallets but not the game's design.

I really liked the setting they used. And the amount of time and effort put into that. Maybe it bothered me more because of that. And I liked the game overall. I would have given it an 8.5 I think without the MTX and I 'docked' it about 1 point, which I think is accurate to how it impacted my enjoyment of the game. It's the only Assassins Creed game I actually finished, so a bad MTX system doesn't have to kill a game for me. But it could. It had a larger impact on my gameplay experience in Middle Earth: Shadow of War which I rated a 4 out of 10 mostly as a result of the MTX system employed and how much it sullied my experience towards the end of the game. It's one of very few games that I have ever played that I had to end on a sour note.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
#30 Posted by R4gn4r0k (31608 posts) -

It's a Rockstar game, you know it'll be great.

But it'll be great in 5 years too when I finally play it on PC.

Avatar image for texasgoldrush
#31 Posted by texasgoldrush (12936 posts) -

@quadknight said:
@recloud said:

@tormentos: surprise surprise, it's a cinematic "movie game", with lots.of cutscenes, focus on story, 3rd person action Adventure game. Hermits and lemmings are hyping it lmao

Yup. Goes to show this whole "movie game" fiasco isn't about the games themselves rather it's about the platform they are on...

Both are guilty. RDR 2 is so overhyped. It looks more of the same.

Avatar image for lucik1
#32 Edited by lucik1 (166 posts) -

Ofc its should be the same as RDR , its RDR 2 ffs ,not Final Fantasy or Uncharted

What you guys expecting ? Naked cowboy riding a unicorn in space ?

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#33 Posted by I_P_Daily (12577 posts) -

Yeah looks boring, and must suck that R* can't show the best looking (cows love to talk graphics) version of the game lol.

Avatar image for davillain-
#34 Posted by DaVillain- (38135 posts) -
@i_p_daily said:

Yeah looks boring, and must suck that R* can't show the best looking (cows love to talk graphics) version of the game lol.

I thought that was PC gamers who loves to talk about graphics hence graphic whores lol.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#35 Posted by I_P_Daily (12577 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:

Yeah looks boring, and must suck that R* can't show the best looking (cows love to talk graphics) version of the game lol.

I thought that was PC gamers who loves to talk about graphics hence graphic whores lol.

Nope definitely cows, I mean there is a cow saying that The Order was the best looking game LOL.

that's just one of many, you have a shocking memory.

Avatar image for recloud
#36 Edited by ReCloud (4418 posts) -

@i_p_daily: wut? You clearly live in another world, hermits are the ones that are ALWAYS talking about how their games look and perform better than their consoles counterpart, davillain is a PC gamer and as such, he can advocate and know better how PC gamers act, you are a sad base Xbox one owner.

It's getting tiresome to own you all the time.

Are you ever right? Don't you ever get tired of being wrong and getting your ass kicked?

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#37 Posted by I_P_Daily (12577 posts) -

@recloud said:

@i_p_daily: wut? You clearly live in another world, hermits are the ones that are ALWAYS talking about how their games look and perform better than their consoles counterpart, davillain is a PC gamer and as such, he can advocate and know better how PC gamers act, you are a sad base Xbox one owner.

It's getting tiresome to own you all the time.

Are you ever right? Don't you ever get tired of being wrong and getting your ass kicked?

We're done.

Avatar image for Telekill
#38 Posted by Telekill (8594 posts) -

I've got the special edition preordered for PS4. My hype is pretty high for this game. It will probably get my personal GotY.

Avatar image for davillain-
#39 Edited by DaVillain- (38135 posts) -

(Oops, I meant to comment this thread)

I'll say that I like what I saw from RDR2 gameplay, I admit, I had a blast playing RDR on PS3 years ago, it was a Western game done right with it's gameplay, I played it like 3 times, but when the years have passed, it didn't aged well as I remember and I couldn't return going in for my 4th play :(

That said, I'm gonna wait for PC version since we saw the leaks few months ago and so with that, for those who are excited to play RDR2 day one, I hope you all enjoy the game :)

@recloud said:

@i_p_daily: wut? You clearly live in another world, hermits are the ones that are ALWAYS talking about how their games look and perform better than their consoles counterpart, davillain is a PC gamer and as such, he can advocate and know better how PC gamers act, you are a sad base Xbox one owner.

It's getting tiresome to own you all the time.

Are you ever right? Don't you ever get tired of being wrong and getting your ass kicked?

I'll admit, I can be a graphics whore depending on the game that is. I don't game in 4K, just 1440p/60fps is still stunning to me, I don't need to jump to 4K anytime soon. Some of us are graphic whores, but Daily is just being silly at this point.

@i_p_daily said:

We're done.

Well that just tells you Mr. Daily, you lost the battle with ReCloud. Not here to laugh at you but it's clearly you couldn't dig yourself out of this mess if you had to say "We're Done" I recommend you take a one week vacation from SW my console playing friend. Trust me, you'll think me later XD

Avatar image for phbz
#40 Edited by phbz (4674 posts) -

@i_p_daily: Ye still remember cows saying The Order was by far the best looking game ever made. Until I posted my own pics that the game takes every time you get a trophy where the blur was so strong that you couldn't make sense of what was going on. But that's something they do with all their big exclusives. It's well documented on this forum, there's no denying it.

As a side note, I'm impressed that R* managed to get RDR2 running in 4k on the Pro. If that ends up being true that really puts them on another level, since even Sony first party failed to do that with all their main games. And this is an open world game! Anyway, can't wait for the game to be out. Regardless of the platform it will probably be a gotg contender.

Avatar image for phbz
#41 Edited by phbz (4674 posts) -

@davillain-: I went back to play it for a bit when they released it on 4k and I think that the bump in resolution makes the game look much less dated.

R* will most probably release RDR2 for PC, they are just holding the info to maximize the number of double dippers. If not you guys have to endure the agony that is playing games at 30fps. Keep strong, adapt, survive!?

Avatar image for commander
#42 Posted by commander (15379 posts) -

@quadknight said:
@recloud said:

@tormentos: surprise surprise, it's a cinematic "movie game", with lots.of cutscenes, focus on story, 3rd person action Adventure game. Hermits and lemmings are hyping it lmao

Yup. Goes to show this whole "movie game" fiasco isn't about the games themselves rather it's about the platform they are on...

lol comparing open world games with god of war that you can finish in a day lmao

Avatar image for sts106mat
#43 Posted by sts106mat (24899 posts) -
@commander said:
@quadknight said:
@recloud said:

@tormentos: surprise surprise, it's a cinematic "movie game", with lots.of cutscenes, focus on story, 3rd person action Adventure game. Hermits and lemmings are hyping it lmao

Yup. Goes to show this whole "movie game" fiasco isn't about the games themselves rather it's about the platform they are on...

lol comparing open world games with god of war that you can finish in a day lmao

three seriously deluded cows there.

on topic i am looking forward to Red Dead Redemption 2. I really enjoyed the first one and am certain that this one will be even better.

Avatar image for quadknight
#44 Edited by QuadKnight (12916 posts) -
@commander said:
@quadknight said:
@recloud said:

@tormentos: surprise surprise, it's a cinematic "movie game", with lots.of cutscenes, focus on story, 3rd person action Adventure game. Hermits and lemmings are hyping it lmao

Yup. Goes to show this whole "movie game" fiasco isn't about the games themselves rather it's about the platform they are on...

lol comparing open world games with god of war that you can finish in a day lmao

Coming from the same idiot that says no one cares for Spiderman I'm not surprised.

You are clueless as ****.

Avatar image for quadknight
#45 Posted by QuadKnight (12916 posts) -
@sts106mat said:
@commander said:
@quadknight said:
@recloud said:

@tormentos: surprise surprise, it's a cinematic "movie game", with lots.of cutscenes, focus on story, 3rd person action Adventure game. Hermits and lemmings are hyping it lmao

Yup. Goes to show this whole "movie game" fiasco isn't about the games themselves rather it's about the platform they are on...

lol comparing open world games with god of war that you can finish in a day lmao

three seriously deluded cows there.

on topic i am looking forward to Red Dead Redemption 2. I really enjoyed the first one and am certain that this one will be even better.

Two completely delusional lemmings. No surprise here.

Avatar image for sts106mat
#46 Posted by sts106mat (24899 posts) -
@quadknight said:
@sts106mat said:
@commander said:
@quadknight said:
@recloud said:

@tormentos: surprise surprise, it's a cinematic "movie game", with lots.of cutscenes, focus on story, 3rd person action Adventure game. Hermits and lemmings are hyping it lmao

Yup. Goes to show this whole "movie game" fiasco isn't about the games themselves rather it's about the platform they are on...

lol comparing open world games with god of war that you can finish in a day lmao

three seriously deluded cows there.

on topic i am looking forward to Red Dead Redemption 2. I really enjoyed the first one and am certain that this one will be even better.

Two completely delusional lemmings. No surprise here.

you are comparing a linear game with a fully open world from one of the best open world game devs going. try again quackquack

Avatar image for zappat
#47 Posted by Zappat (1595 posts) -
@phbz said:

@i_p_daily: Ye still remember cows saying The Order was by far the best looking game ever made.

I remember xbox fans saying the same about Ryse LOL

Avatar image for sts106mat
#48 Posted by sts106mat (24899 posts) -
@zappat said:
@phbz said:

@i_p_daily: Ye still remember cows saying The Order was by far the best looking game ever made.

I remember xbox fans saying the same about Ryse LOL

thats because Ryse was the best looking game at that time. The order looked incredible too, i love that game and have finished it about 3 times. i hope for a sequel.

Avatar image for quadknight
#49 Edited by QuadKnight (12916 posts) -
@sts106mat said:
@quadknight said:
@sts106mat said:
@commander said:

lol comparing open world games with god of war that you can finish in a day lmao

three seriously deluded cows there.

on topic i am looking forward to Red Dead Redemption 2. I really enjoyed the first one and am certain that this one will be even better.

Two completely delusional lemmings. No surprise here.

you are comparing a linear game with a fully open world from one of the best open world game devs going. try again quackquack

Horizon and Spiderman aren't open world games? ? Since when?

Try again clown, you need to get your eyes examined.

Avatar image for sts106mat
#50 Posted by sts106mat (24899 posts) -
@quadknight said:
@sts106mat said:
@quadknight said:
@sts106mat said:
@commander said:

lol comparing open world games with god of war that you can finish in a day lmao

three seriously deluded cows there.

on topic i am looking forward to Red Dead Redemption 2. I really enjoyed the first one and am certain that this one will be even better.

Two completely delusional lemmings. No surprise here.

you are comparing a linear game with a fully open world from one of the best open world game devs going. try again quackquack

Horizon and Spiderman aren't open world games? ? Since when?

Try again clown, you need to get your eyes examined..

No argument from me with Horizon and spiderman, but in the post i quoted, he's talking to you about god of war. so try again.