#51 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@sts106mat said:
@quadknight said:
@sts106mat said:
@quadknight said:
@sts106mat said:

three seriously deluded cows there.

on topic i am looking forward to Red Dead Redemption 2. I really enjoyed the first one and am certain that this one will be even better.

Two completely delusional lemmings. No surprise here.

you are comparing a linear game with a fully open world from one of the best open world game devs going. try again quackquack

Horizon and Spiderman aren't open world games? ? Since when?

Try again clown, you need to get your eyes examined..

No argument from me with Horizon and spiderman, but in the post i quoted, he's talking to you about god of war. so try again.

I don't give a shit if you quoted the clown, my point still stands with that pic. Try again.

Zappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 Zappat
Member since 2018 • 1592 Posts
@sts106mat said:

thats because Ryse was the best looking game at that time.

That's what a Xbox fan would say. A Sony fan would say The Order or Killzone

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#53 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@quadknight said:
@commander said:
@quadknight said:

Yup. Goes to show this whole "movie game" fiasco isn't about the games themselves rather it's about the platform they are on...

lol comparing open world games with god of war that you can finish in a day lmao

Coming from the same idiot that says no one cares for Spiderman I'm not surprised.

You are clueless as ****.

No one ever cared for spiderman in the past, and that was pretty clear in that post, but of course you again didn't get it.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 commander

@sts106mat said:
@quadknight said:
@sts106mat said:

you are comparing a linear game with a fully open world from one of the best open world game devs going. try again quackquack

No argument from me with Horizon and spiderman, but in the post i quoted, he's talking to you about god of war. so try again.

yeah he has the comprehensive reading of a toddler.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 commander

@quadknight said:
@sts106mat said:
@quadknight said:

I don't give a shit if you quoted the clown, my point still stands with that pic. Try again.

your point doesn't stand, god of war isn't open world , no one ever cared for spiderman games, they only care now because it's exclusive.

and no one ever said horizon was a movie game.

Zappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Zappat

So lemmings are upset because Sony made a good game with good merchandising? Lol. I bet they rather have a shit game with bad merchandising. That seems to be MS strategy this gen.

Zappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Zappat
@sts106mat said:
@zappat said:
@sts106mat said:

The order was THE reason i bought my PS4. i loved the game and at the time (search my post history IYCBA) i said that the order was the best looking game .

try again, or Zippit

hmmm, so what did you complain when I made fun of lemmings claiming Ryse was the best looking game and not when phbz made fun of cows for claiming The Order was the best looking game? I was responding to phbz to show that both fanboy groups pretty much hyped the same. Stop selectively crying.

Zappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Zappat
@sts106mat said:
@zappat said:
@sts106mat said:
@zappat said:
@sts106mat said:

The order was THE reason i bought my PS4. i loved the game and at the time (search my post history IYCBA) i said that the order was the best looking game .

try again, or Zippit

hmmm, so what did you complain when I made fun of lemmings claiming Ryse was the best looking game and not when phbz made fun of cows for claiming The Order was the best looking game? I was responding to phbz to show that both fanboy groups pretty much hyped the same. Stop selectively crying.

I didn't complain, i pointed out a fact. Killzone did not look as good as Ryse did. Pretty sure digital foundry did an article about Ryse at the time and stated that "it towered above the rest".

I dont know who is PHBZ?

The guy I responded to and then you responded to me. He was making fun of cows for saying The Order was the best looking game. I just countered with lemmings claiming the same about Ryse.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By QuadKnight

@sts106mat said:
@quadknight said:
@sts106mat said:
@quadknight said:

Horizon and spiderman yes, they are open world games (all be it tower climbing to reveal the map). Horizon has two zones from memory but is still open world.

God of War has a central hub with very linear levels branching from it. most levels are locked out for the majority of the story until the player progresses far enough.

There is no way that game and UC4 can be compared with an open world game like Red Dead Redemption 1/2.

God of War and UC4 absolutely not open world games, those two games are what would be classed as "movie games". spiderman and horizon have no place in that picture, and so your point is moot.

try again!

Jesus, you're a dumbass.

The point of the picture isn't to compare the size of the games. It's to compare the camera angle and the "Sony TPS over the shoulder template" that you dumbass lems keep bringing up on forums. Lems are always bashing Sony for their over the shoulder TPS games and their most hyped game this year is a TPS open world multiplatform game that has an over the shoulder camera angle. The irony is lost on you since you're a lem apparently.

You quoted the idiot @commander who tried to deflect from the validity of the pic by mentioning God of War, like the picture has anything to do with the size of the games. He's a damage controlling buffoon who can't argue to save his life and you got sucked into his stupidity. No clown, I'm not interested in the size of the games, and the pic isn't comparing the size of GTA to God of War. Look at it again, and try to take off your lem goggles this time, and maybe you'll see the foolishness in your argument that it's a picture comparing the size of RDR2 to GOW. Why would it be a picture comparing GOW to RDR2 in world size and have Horizon, Uncharted, and Spiderman in there? Try again clown.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#63 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

@sts106mat: The game was ok, it didn't bother me at all that it was short. I take that over a game artificially pushed to have 20h that halfway through I'm already bored ( Uncharted 4 is guilty of this imo). It's just one of those cases that a game is overhyped and then when it fails to meet expectations the internet catches fire. Cows got super defencive and Lems took advantage, that's the fun part of SW too. I would probably play a sequel. But not Ryse, the game does look stunning but it's really mediocre.

Zappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Zappat
@quadknight said:
@sts106mat said:
@quadknight said:
@sts106mat said:

Horizon and spiderman yes, they are open world games (all be it tower climbing to reveal the map). Horizon has two zones from memory but is still open world.

God of War has a central hub with very linear levels branching from it. most levels are locked out for the majority of the story until the player progresses far enough.

There is no way that game and UC4 can be compared with an open world game like Red Dead Redemption 1/2.

God of War and UC4 absolutely not open world games, those two games are what would be classed as "movie games". spiderman and horizon have no place in that picture, and so your point is moot.

try again!

Jesus, you're a dumbass.

The point of the picture isn't to compare the size of the games. It's to compare the camera angle and the "Sony TPS over the shoulder template" that you dumbass lems keep bringing up on forums. Lems are always bashing Sony for their over the shoulder TPS games and their most hyped game this year is a TPS open world multiplatform game that has an over the shoulder camera angle. The irony is lost on you since you're a lem apparently.

You quoted the idiot @commander who tried to deflect from the validity of the pic by mentioning God of War, like the picture has anything to do with the size of the games. He's a damage controlling buffoon who can't argue top save his life and you got sucked into his stupidity. No clown, I'm not interested in the size of the games, and the pic isn't comparing the size of GTA to God of War. Look at it again, and try to take off your lem goggles this time, and maybe you'll see the foolishness in your argument that it's a picture comparing the size of RDR2 to GOW. Why would it be a picture comparing GOW to RDR2 in world size and have Horizon, Uncharted, and Spiderman in there? Try again clown.

This is true. I've seen lemmings in this forum claim Sony only sticks to one formula. If Bloodborne, Horizon, UC4, Spiderman, TLOU and GOW are the same formula then why is RDR2 not the same as well? I mean they're making a ridiculous broad generalization and then complain when their ridiculous broad generalization is used against them.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

Quad destroying lems in this thread LMAO

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@zappat said:
@quadknight said:
@sts106mat said:
@quadknight said:
@sts106mat said:

try again!

Jesus, you're a dumbass.

You quoted the idiot @commander who tried to deflect from the validity of the pic by mentioning God of War, like the picture has anything to do with the size of the games. He's a damage controlling buffoon who can't argue top save his life and you got sucked into his stupidity. No clown, I'm not interested in the size of the games, and the pic isn't comparing the size of GTA to God of War. Look at it again, and try to take off your lem goggles this time, and maybe you'll see the foolishness in your argument that it's a picture comparing the size of RDR2 to GOW. Why would it be a picture comparing GOW to RDR2 in world size and have Horizon, Uncharted, and Spiderman in there? Try again clown.

This is true. I've seen lemmings in this forum claim Sony only sticks to one formula. If Bloodborne, Horizon, UC4, Spiderman, TLOU and GOW are the same formula then why is RDR2 not the same as well? I mean they're making a ridiculous broad generalization and then complain when their ridiculous broad generalization is used against them.

It's the over saturation of this type of game that has been the problem with PS4 not the games themselves. If all you put out is 3rd person action games people are going to notice. SoT and SoD2 may not have been great games but at least they offered something a little different

I love a curry but I don't want one everyday.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By QuadKnight

@zappat said:
@quadknight said:
@sts106mat said:
@quadknight said:

try again!

Jesus, you're a dumbass.

Exactly my point! Thank goodness, someone with a brain around here! Arguing with these lems makes me wonder if there's any hope left for humanity sometimes.

I don't understand how something that's so easy to understand eludes them. It's like arguing with a brick wall lol.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 ReCloud

@commander: lmao, you're still damage controlling Spiderman

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 ReCloud

@boycie: yup, they're over saturated, must be why they're selling like hotcakes. Must be why GOW sold 5 million in 3 days, because, you know, they're SATURATED LMAO

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 QuadKnight

@recloud said:

Quad destroying lems in this thread LMAO

Honestly it's starting to get boring lol. It's beginning to feel like I'm arguing with toddlers. It's hard to believe that some of these guys are grown men. The lack of reading comprehension I see from them is utterly baffling.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 ReCloud

@quadknight: oh but they do comprehend. They just pretend they don't and try to spin the argument to convince other and themselves. Lemmings use a lot of falacies when they're discussing since they can never win an argument with real facts.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 QuadKnight

@sts106mat said:

@quadknight: In that case, the only dumbass is the person who made that picture then, since its using two different types of sony games and claiming that people put them down as movie games. that is not the case.

I don't remember seeing anyone claim that HZD or spiderman have "movie style" gameplay. Both of those games are third person, open world action / adventure games. they would compare with red dead 2 in terms of mission structure. both their worlds will pale in comparison to RDR2 though, to say otherwise is dumb.

My understanding of "movie game" is that the game is cinematic in its delivery. limited choices, linear progression through (wide) corridor type levels.

As great as games like TLOU, UC, Order, GoW etc are, they are the same type of game with extremely similar presentation / gameplay. they do aim for the cinematic gameplay. as a formula it works well for Sony and those type of games are successful. I certainly don't bash those games because i enjoyed them all.

I am confident that RDR2 will be the GOTY (although ace combat 7 hopefully, and Kingdom come deliverance are likely to be my personal faves). RDR2 will put everything other open world release this year to shame, just as it did when the original one was released.

factions aside, i think the majority of gamers would put RDR2 at the top of their list too. Pre-order bonus bollocks aside.

C'mon man, it's one of the biggest criticisms that lems on here and on the internet in general use against Sony's games. It's good you're sensible enough to see the difference between a game like Detroit Become Human, a movie game, and something like HZD which is narrative driven but still has a lot of gameplay. Unfortunately, not a lot of people have enough brain cells to differentiate between the two.

Zappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Zappat
@boycie said:
@zappat said:
@quadknight said:
@sts106mat said:
@quadknight said:

try again!

Jesus, you're a dumbass.

It's the over saturation of this type of game that has been the problem with PS4 not the games themselves. If all you put out is 3rd person action games people are going to notice. SoT and SoD2 may not have been great games but at least they offered something a little different

I love a curry but I don't want one everyday.

But what do you mean exactly by "this type of game". I mean in those I listed I see an action rpg, action adventure, hack and slash, open world and exploration type of games. I forgot TLG too which is a puzzle game or Gravity Rush which is platforming in large part too. Some of them focus more on combat, others on platforming, puzzles or cinematic sequences but non of them are the same except maybe on the third person camera view. So now we're going to classify any single player game with a third person camera view as the same type of game?

And I'm leaving out games like Killzone, GTS, MLB and Wipeout which are not even third person camera games. Not to mention the upcoming Dreams. With all that you have much more variety + quality than SoT and SoD2 or the entire Xbox exclusive library.

If Sony focuses on third person camera big budgeted games a lot is because it is working for them and because they are a good complement for the exclusives on the system. Why would Sony invest making their own Persona if they already have one game like that for their system? Sony has games like Nioh, Yakuza, Persona and the myriad of multiplats that add variety. More variety than any other console right now. Companies that make multiplats hardly ever have the budget and freedom to make a game like GOW, Horizon or Spiderman. Sony provides the support for them to make those games and that's why they are consistently top quality. Even in indie games there's consistently top quality on exclusives from third party devs, there's literally all types of gameplay and games there too for Sony. MS apparently has chosen to focus on more MP games but they don't even put effort where their focus is. Most games end up being mediocre or unfinished mess. At least Sony is doing what they do best on the third person single player and consistently delivering the top level experiences of the industry with enough variety.

So I have no idea what you people are talking about.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#75 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

The way threads turn out these days is always the same, gets pretty boring.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By QuadKnight

@zappat: Their argument falls apart when placed under scrutiny. Sony easily has the most variety out of any of the consoles when it comes to games. MS ironically are the ones going through a variety problem right now with too much HaloGearsForza but you don't see any of these lems complain about having mostly driving and shooting games on the Xbone. They'd rather complain about the camera angle in Sony games and the focus on narrative driven games even though all the Sony games play and look differently and belong in different genres.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 ReCloud

@quadknight: true, the saltiest Lem of them only plays Forza LMAO

Zappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Zappat
@sts106mat said:
@quadknight said:
@sts106mat said:

@quadknight: In that case, the only dumbass is the person who made that picture then, since its using two different types of sony games and claiming that people put them down as movie games. that is not the case.

I don't remember seeing anyone claim that HZD or spiderman have "movie style" gameplay. Both of those games are third person, open world action / adventure games. they would compare with red dead 2 in terms of mission structure. both their worlds will pale in comparison to RDR2 though, to say otherwise is dumb.

My understanding of "movie game" is that the game is cinematic in its delivery. limited choices, linear progression through (wide) corridor type levels.

As great as games like TLOU, UC, Order, GoW etc are, they are the same type of game with extremely similar presentation / gameplay. they do aim for the cinematic gameplay. as a formula it works well for Sony and those type of games are successful. I certainly don't bash those games because i enjoyed them all.

I am confident that RDR2 will be the GOTY (although ace combat 7 hopefully, and Kingdom come deliverance are likely to be my personal faves). RDR2 will put everything other open world release this year to shame, just as it did when the original one was released.

factions aside, i think the majority of gamers would put RDR2 at the top of their list too. Pre-order bonus bollocks aside.

C'mon man, it's one of the biggest criticisms that lems on here and on the internet in general use against Sony's games. It's good you're sensible enough to see the difference between a game like Detroit Become Human, a movie game, and something like HZD which is narrative driven but still has a lot of gameplay. Unfortunately, not a lot of people have enough brain cells to differentiate between the two.

Yes, Sony do get criticised for it since a lot of their big games follow that (successful) formula. Like i say, i love TLOU, UC4 GOW etc, but i would never replay them, as those games are better as a single playthrough for me. this is because i find myself getting bored and souring the memory of it.

i thought GOW was very, very well made, but it did feel like a chore at some points. the relationship thing was great though as a father myself i found some of it very real.

The criticism is valid for people like me who are into AAA budget games. I very rarely replay story games, so those Sony games which dont have captivating multiplayer components are a "one and done" thing for me. The criticism is even more valid when you consider that Sony started charging for online play, but hasn't really offered a great multiplayer centric game of their own.

The best and most popular multiplayer games for consoles this gen are all multiplat and on PS4. The most popular is Fortnite and Sony offers it without having to pay for online unlike MS. Maybe the exception is PUBG but the broken state the game is on Xbox is not something to brag about really.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By ReCloud

@sts106mat: most modern games are one and done. This is not an excuse to dismiss games. People barely have time to game anymore, replaying them to most is out of question, replayability is not a factor to measure games' value

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By ReCloud

@sts106mat: but none of those should factor the game's value. it's the quality of the final product that matters. You don't measure an album because of the lengthy or number of tracks. You don't measure a movie by its length. You shouldn't measure games by that either. And even worse: games in the past were more expensive than today and they were shorter. So I really can't agree with you there.

And even more: most people don't see games through the end, they play for 10 hours or so and stop playing them. Why bother making long games.if most people will never finish them?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56036 Posts

@commander said:

lol comparing open world games with god of war that you can finish in a day lmao

Finish God of War in a day? That game took me 4 weeks to beat. Where in the world did this "God of War that you can finish in a day" came to you're mind?

I smell total BS coming from the likes of you!

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 ReCloud

@sts106mat: I fail to see your point

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 commander

@sts106mat said:
@recloud said:

@sts106mat: I fail to see your point

yeah, thats the danger when you are owned and can't accept it.

just post a gif or something, that will work LOL

hahaha lol

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By commander

@davillain- said:
@commander said:

Finish God of War in a day? That game took me 4 weeks to beat. Where in the world did this "God of War that you can finish in a day" came to you're mind?

https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=38050

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By ReCloud

@sts106mat: I completely disagree with you, the experience to me and to most people are more valid than the length. But to each their own.

And you didn't own me, you edited your reply to add all that later, I failed to see your point before reading everything else you wrote. Don't be dishonest.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56036 Posts

@commander said:

Just as I expected. Nothing but BS coming from the likes of you. I should have known better you would pull a BS like this.

Zappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Zappat
@commander said:
@davillain- said:
@commander said:

Red Dead Redemption can also be finished in less than a day. In fact, in less hours than GOW lol

https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=7676

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 commander

@zappat said:
@commander said:
@davillain- said:
@commander said:

Red Dead Redemption can also be finished in less than a day. In fact, in less hours than GOW lol

rdr is open world you can roam, that's not the case with gow, there's a difference.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By ReCloud

@sts106mat: I don't feel owned at all. I understand what you said but I disagree with you, hence, you didn't own me lol

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 ReCloud

@sts106mat: if you need that to feel fine and sleep well at night, be my guest. ?

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 commander

@recloud said:

@sts106mat: I don't feel owned at all. I understand what you said but I disagree with you, hence, you didn't own me lol

you got owned, get over it.

Zappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Zappat
@commander said:
@zappat said:
@commander said:
@davillain- said:
@commander said:

rdr is open world you can roam, that's not the case with gow, there's a difference.

I see you're moving goalposts now.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 ReCloud

@commander: you're only trying to claim this ownage to heal your butthurtness from the spider Man thread, but truth stands: I wasn't owned and you got utter destroyed in your own thread.