Proof the WiiU online will be a joke

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#153 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts
[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="sts106mat"]I dont know to be honest. i was just pointing out that whilst you might think the 3DS is a little behind the times feature wise, the ability to play music at the same time as you do other things on an Ipod is not impressive.

my Ipod nano 5th gen did not impress me when it continued to play music while i look through my collection or whatever.

I wouldn't expect the same feature from a 3DS for the reason i gave, i.e. its main function is playing games.

sts106mat
It has a music app on the damn thing, not too mention the ability to create playlists and what not. If a phone can play games like Street Fighter 4 and run games that use the Unreal Engine 3, I would expect a video game machine to at least be able to play music well. The stupid piece of crap doesn't even have an equalizer, nor does it recognize the equalizer in my car. I have to turn the volume up twice as much just to hear it as well as my old Ipod. Also, It only holds so much music in it's interface. I put a 32 GB card in there, and I filled it up with about 25 GBs, yet it can't even read all the music at once. It omits folders and songs from it's storage even though it's on the SD card. I've never seen a phone that uses an SD card do stupid sh*t like that. On a phone, it's all there.

are you trolling me? you use the 3DS as your music player?

Yes, until I get a new phone, I pretty much have to. :P
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts
[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] are you trolling me? you use the 3DS as your music player?

Yes, until I get a new phone, I pretty much have to. :P

lol, i can see your frustration like i said, but thats like using a toaster to cook an egg.

Well, it's either that or spend another 200 bucks for a music player. I might as well just wait until I can upgrade my phone and get a nice one with lots of space or an SD card slot. :P
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#156 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

Its seems Nintendo are once again failing to capture what makes XBL so great.

"Only "select games" will support voice chat on WiiU, Nintendo has confirmed."

To add further insult to injury, there will be NO official Wii U mic, meaning you HAVE to buy a third party mic.

BUT WAIT, theres more

Only wired mics are supported, which have to be plugged into the Gamepad. So if you're using the Wii U pro controller, you still have to have the Gamepad nearby in order to chat with friends :lol: Is this a joke Nintendo, in 2012 we're still getting crap like this?

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/373685/wii-u-voice-chat-only-select-games-supported-no-official-headset-planned/

inb4 socially inept sheep enter the thread saying voice chat sucks because they have no friends.

RR360DD

Any user who knows me well enough is aware that im not even close to a sheep and that im actually pretty rough on nintendo, but honestly this isnt a big deal.

these are consoles we are speaking of, voice chat is rarely heard and when it is, its a bunch of 12 years old kids who think they are gangstas and stuff.

wired mics are cool, I dont like having to buy batteries or recharging or anything, hence why I dont have any wireless device on my computer.

using the wii u pro controller wont affect at all with the mic, does it really bother you to have the regular controller next to you just to serve as your mic port?

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts
[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]

[QUOTE="sts106mat"] oh i can read alright. the ipod is first and foremost a music player, it should be able to play music as a minimum, if you can play simple games on it whilst that is happening, it is not a huge achievement.

The 3DS is very obviously a games system, the games are predominantly cartridge based (unlike the Ipod) and so you expecting it to be able to play music whislt running a game from a cartridge in 3D is asking a bit IMO.

OreoMilkshake

And how about games not running from a cartridge? Like the NES port of Super Mario Bros?

Is the system not capable of playing music and that game at the same time?

What I want to know is who actually listens to music on the 3DS?

I do to be honest.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d7fb49ded561
deactivated-5d7fb49ded561

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 deactivated-5d7fb49ded561
Member since 2010 • 4019 Posts

I think it's safe to say that the every aspect of the Wii U will be a fail.

Wiiyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Wiiyou
Member since 2012 • 650 Posts

"To add further insult to injury, there will be NO official Wii U mic, meaning you HAVE to buy a third party mic."

Lol so let you choose whatever mic you want is bad thing`? yeah xbox is much better, they force you to use only MS headset :lol:

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts

I think it's safe to say that the every aspect of the Wii U will be a fail.

Davekeeh
give us some insight dude.
Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#162 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts

"To add further insult to injury, there will be NO official Wii U mic, meaning you HAVE to buy a third party mic."

Lol so let you choose whatever mic you want is bad thing`? yeah xbox is much better, they force you to use only MS headset :lol:

Wiiyou
True, but as we all know, most of the time third party accessories are not up to par with the official ones in terms of quality. Nintendo could have at least let people use the built in mic like the vita does.
Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#163 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts
KiZZo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 KiZZo1
Member since 2007 • 3989 Posts

I wonder how peer to peer multiplayer will work with Wi Fi. I had a lot of problems with wireless on PS3 and in the end switched to Ethernet cable connection, but of course this is not an option on WiiU. If host has weak Wi Fi it's gg ...

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#165 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

Nintendo have got to stop being so afraid and go all out with online. I think they're afraid if they do, some sort of grooming will go on with their audience.

Online is now a really big part of gaming, Nintendo can't afford to just release a modified 360 with a handheld screen. They have to stop this pathetic "we'll give you what we want, not what you want" attitude.

BigBoss255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 BigBoss255
Member since 2010 • 3539 Posts
The pro controller doesn't have a headset port? That's so dumb. I can't say I care though because I'm not even considering buying this crap. I just hope Sony get it right next gen when it comes to voice chat.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#167 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts

Nintendo have got to stop being so afraid and go all out with online. I think they're afraid if they do, some sort of grooming will go on with their audience.

Online is now a really big part of gaming, Nintendo can't afford to just release a modified 360 with a handheld screen. They have to stop this pathetic "we'll give you what we want, not what you want" attitude.

HalcyonScarlet

Too bad the other way proves to be nothing more than bites in Nintendo's ass. Like when they announced that they were resurrecting Bayonetta 2.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#168 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

[QUOTE="HalcyonScarlet"]

nintendoboy16

Too bad the other way proves to be nothing more than bites in Nintendo's ass. Like when they announced that they were resurrecting Bayonetta 2.

Well, they're so new to the idea, they're going to mess up a bit along the way.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
Meh I don't care. I never intended to buy the Wii U anyways. I already have a current gen console, I don't need another one.
Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#170 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
To be honest that is actually quite a bit of a let down ... They are seeking the "hardcore gamers" and that's not a smart thing to do.
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Wiiyou

No its not a bad thing, but choosing to not bother making a mic for your system thats supposed to be "attracting teh cores" is.

I don't think Sony have it right either. Every console should come with a mic (like the 360), it can't be that expensive, just a simple wired one is fine.

Also, you can use third party mics on xbox ;)

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="HalcyonScarlet"]

HalcyonScarlet

Well, they're so new to the idea, they're going to mess up a bit along the way.

When new IP's come: Make us a new Mario, Zelda, Metroid, or Pokemon, Nintendo.

When one of those franchises come: Screw these games. Make new IP's.

Yeah, new to the idea my foot. Nintendo has too many tropes against them to do some of this stuff.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
To be honest that is actually quite a bit of a let down ... They are seeking the "hardcore gamers" and that's not a smart thing to do.JasonDarksavior
What is a hardcore gamer?
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 JasonDarksavior
[QUOTE="JasonDarksavior"]To be honest that is actually quite a bit of a let down ... They are seeking the "hardcore gamers" and that's not a smart thing to do.AmazonTreeBoa

Pretty much the distinction between people who casually plays games who do not care about things like voice chat as opposed to gamers who need all the features.
Avatar image for themagicbum9720
themagicbum9720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 themagicbum9720
Member since 2007 • 6536 Posts
[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"][QUOTE="JasonDarksavior"]To be honest that is actually quite a bit of a let down ... They are seeking the "hardcore gamers" and that's not a smart thing to do.JasonDarksavior

Pretty much the distinction between people who casually plays games who do not care about things like voice chat as opposed to gamers who need all the features.

i don't care about voice chat, in fact i disable it in every online game i play(where it can be disabled) and don't want to buy a mic, i even refused to get a mic during the two years i played competitively, which was so boring btw. played games since i can remember, must be a "casual" gamer. labels are stupid.
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 JasonDarksavior
[QUOTE="themagicbum9720"][QUOTE="JasonDarksavior"][QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"] What is a hardcore gamer?

i don't care about voice chat, in fact i disable it in every online game i play(where it can be disabled) and don't want to buy a mic, i even refused to get a mic during the two years i played competitively, which was so boring btw. played games since i can remember, must be a "casual" gamer. labels are stupid.

So I'm guessing you don't ever play regularly with friends / clan mates online?
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22799 Posts
I wasn't expecting anything on the level of PSN/XBL, but anything has to better than what the Wii has. Heil68
Im actually suprised nintendo would enter the hd race WITHOUT a service that rivals ms and sony... they claim to have a war chest of money, what better way to spend it then developing a fully functioning online infrastructure that puts them in a position to syphon off some of the hardcore user base....? Weird.
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

[QUOTE="Heil68"]I wasn't expecting anything on the level of PSN/XBL, but anything has to better than what the Wii has. TheEroica
Im actually suprised nintendo would enter the hd race WITHOUT a service that rivals ms and sony... they claim to have a war chest of money, what better way to spend it then developing a fully functioning online infrastructure that puts them in a position to syphon off some of the hardcore user base....? Weird.

We're focusing on core gamers....hope you're happy with online services on par with PSN circa 2006 and a glorified twitter client. :P

Meeeper282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Meeeper282
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

Because many features in XBL are useless. That's why, and deal with it.

JohnnyCageMK

Useless if you have no friends and are anti-social. Some of us like party chat and talking trash.

I can just tell your the life of the party

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#180 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts
Does it really matter? Nobody who seriously games online would use a Nintendo product. If you are buying a wii u, you are buying it for single player first party exclusives. If i actually was interested in the wii u, features related to online gaming would not interest me one bit since I know I would never use Nintendo's inferior network compared to Sony and MS.
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts

I wonder how peer to peer multiplayer will work with Wi Fi. I had a lot of problems with wireless on PS3 and in the end switched to Ethernet cable connection, but of course this is not an option on WiiU. If host has weak Wi Fi it's gg ...

KiZZo1
Long as you have a good router and are close to it should work fine. I've never had any trouble online with portables or our 360 anyway.
Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

:lol: Bro so long as PSN exists, nothing can be a joke.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 nintendoboy16

Does it really matter? Nobody who seriously games online would use a Nintendo product. If you are buying a wii u, you are buying it for single player first party exclusives. If i actually was interested in the wii u, features related to online gaming would not interest me one bit since I know I would never use Nintendo's inferior network compared to Sony and MS. Fizzman
Says you. I play other stuff on my Nintendo consoles. And FYI, I game online on a Nintendo product.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Well it's Nintendo and Online. It's safe to assume the worst until proven otherwise.

Wiiyou
The MS headset which comes free with every console...? O I get it, you don't get that concept, you're used to buying Ninty's overpriced, underused add ons :P
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

Well it's Nintendo and Online. It's safe to assume the worst until proven otherwise. [QUOTE="Wiiyou"]

locopatho

The MS headset which comes free with every console...? O I get it, you don't get that concept, you're used to buying Ninty's overpriced, underused add ons :P

Is wiispeak compatible?:P

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"]Well it's Nintendo and Online. It's safe to assume the worst until proven otherwise. [QUOTE="Wiiyou"]

MFDOOM1983

Is wiispeak compatible?:P

Nah man the Headbanger headset! Or perhaps tapping morse code on a WiiFit board... Hmmz...
Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

sorry. I know Xbox has had voice chat for years now...but I really don't care. I really don't want to talk to people online. I honestly have zero interest in what you or anyone else playing games online has to say. What little I have used on the PS3/PC has never been deep strategic discussion. Just idiots and morons and people who talk about something completely separate from their job.

I know some people like this feature, but I honestly could NOT care less about it and even if it was standard, I still would just shut it off.

6matt6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 6matt6
Member since 2005 • 9726 Posts
WiiU means Wii wish U the very best in trying to enjoy our online offerings. To be honest I kind of want a WiiU but I'll only play single player games on it. I have no faith in Nintendo's ability to build an online setup.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
Everything about this toy is a joke
Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#190 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

[QUOTE="Fizzman"]Does it really matter? Nobody who seriously games online would use a Nintendo product. If you are buying a wii u, you are buying it for single player first party exclusives. If i actually was interested in the wii u, features related to online gaming would not interest me one bit since I know I would never use Nintendo's inferior network compared to Sony and MS. nintendoboy16

Says you. I play other stuff on my Nintendo consoles. And FYI, I game online on a Nintendo product.

You are a minority.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] lol, i can see your frustration like i said, but thats like using a toaster to cook an egg.

Well, it's either that or spend another 200 bucks for a music player. I might as well just wait until I can upgrade my phone and get a nice one with lots of space or an SD card slot. :P

#firstworldproblems

He should be using a proper COOKER amirite, a COOKER!!!
PopeReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 PopeReal
Member since 2005 • 1303 Posts
Everything about this toy is a joke themajormayor
Every console is a toy, they play video games. Does that bother your gamer ego?
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 themajormayor
[QUOTE="themajormayor"]Everything about this toy is a joke PopeReal

Yeah but PS3 is an adult toy for me
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="Fizzman"]Does it really matter? Nobody who seriously games online would use a Nintendo product. If you are buying a wii u, you are buying it for single player first party exclusives. If i actually was interested in the wii u, features related to online gaming would not interest me one bit since I know I would never use Nintendo's inferior network compared to Sony and MS. Fizzman

You are a minority.

Minority or not. That doesn't mean "nobody".
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 nintendoboy16
[QUOTE="PopeReal"][QUOTE="themajormayor"]Everything about this toy is a joke themajormayor

Keep it to yourself, dude.
6matt6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 6matt6
[QUOTE="PopeReal"][QUOTE="themajormayor"]Everything about this toy is a joke themajormayor

You know someone is a child when they go around bragging about their 'adult' toys. Seriously if thats your mentality about buying entertainment products your house must be filled with sex toys. Can't get more adult than that.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 locopatho

Proof that cows actually fvck their PS3s.... A lot of things are finally starting to make sense... including their love of the word "butthurt" :?

percuvius2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 percuvius2
Member since 2004 • 1982 Posts

wiiuniversity is EVEN WORSE than a last gen console, HAHAHAHAHA! Oh nintendo you're such a failure with adults.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 themajormayor
[QUOTE="6matt6"][QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="PopeReal"] Every console is a toy, they play video games. Does that bother your gamer ego?

You know someone is a child when they go around bragging about their 'adult' toys. Seriously if thats your mentality about buying entertainment products your house must be filled with sex toys. Can't get more adult than that.

Don't need no sex toys anymore :cool: not since 2006
6matt6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 6matt6
[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="6matt6"][QUOTE="themajormayor"] Yeah but PS3 is an adult toy for me

Don't need no sex toys anymore :cool: not since 2006

Let me be the first to tell you. Bragging about not needing sex toys doesn't sound nearly as cool as you thought it did.