Proof the WiiU online will be a joke

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hanman9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 hanman9
Member since 2005 • 410 Posts

Has anyone even considered that Nintendo might not want voice chat as their main communication feature because they want people to invest more time and interest in Miiverse?

It's a strong possibility IMO. The entire ins and outs of Miiverse havent even been explored yet so who knows....

Wild_man_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#52 Wild_man_22
Member since 2010 • 907 Posts

Has anyone even considered that Nintendo might not want voice chat as their main communication feature because they want people to invest more time and interest in Miiverse?

It's a strong possibility IMO. The entire ins and outs of Miiverse havent even been explored yet so who knows....

hanman9

Could be true, but who's fault is it that no one has any idea how miiverse works? It won't stop people from trolling, but Nintendo needs to show something about how their online works.

DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts

Isn't there a mic in the tablet controller? How else are we supposed to do video chat like they have shown?

RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts

Im confused... Can we not use the built in mic and speakers on the gamepad while playing online games? That makes no sense at all if that is the case.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
Member since 2006 • 2521 Posts

As much as I enjoy my 360, I'd take a FREE SERVICE anyday over XBL Gold's fee.

hanman9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 hanman9
Member since 2005 • 410 Posts

[QUOTE="hanman9"]

Wild_man_22

Could be true, but who's fault is it that no one has any idea how miiverse works? It won't stop people from trolling, but Nintendo needs to show something about how their online works.

All in good time, adverts start this weekend and from then onwards, it's gonna be a steady stream of official info as well as handsons with game/entertainment websites etc.

The news will be flooding in very shortly, im sure we will have a few more Nintendo Directs aswell.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts
The GamePad mic will not, by default, work as an input for in-game voice chatArticle
seems pretty stupid. I think devs may still be able to make use if they want, as the voice chat is a game by game thing, so some devs probably will use the gamepad over an additional headset.
lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="kingjazziephiz"]

aww. so i'm guessing the only friends you have are on xbox.. that's sweet.:)

I hope you get some real friends someday:lol:

MFDOOM1983

Wow, the concept of having friends and playing online with them is really new to you guys, huh?

:lol: at sheep trying to defend this

Sheep never moved out, so all of their childhood friends are still in the same neighborhood.

Or they could have friends outside of gaming and hang out resulting to need of this trash talking and voice chat? I'm currently living in Japan and i can never understand why trash talking is considered good and healthy by Americans. To me it is a sign of an uncivilized person. Different cultures i guess. I'm mostly a PC gamer but i only play single player games with the exception of SC2. I see no point in socializing in online games when i have real people that i can talk with in real life. Whenever i play with friends on SC2 it's only with my real friends in real life not you know those online friends who i really don't know.

Avatar image for DreamStation360
DreamStation360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 DreamStation360
Member since 2012 • 33 Posts

Wow kidtendo is next Gen confirmed. Nope, I got burned by kidtendo every system I've bought from then and I've owned everything besides the virtual boy, ds, 3ds, color tv game, and the game and watch systems. Never again. I'll stick with ms and Sony like I always do.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

Wiiu version of Black Ops 2 was already the worst choice due to low player base making games harder to find, this is the icing on the cake.

p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"][QUOTE="RR360DD"]

Wow, the concept of having friends and playing online with them is really new to you guys, huh?

lordlors
Sheep never moved out, so all of their childhood friends are still in the same neighborhood.

Or they could have friends outside of gaming and hang out resulting to need of this trash talking and voice chat? I'm currently living in Japan and i can never understand why trash talking is considered good and healthy by Americans. To me it is a sign of an uncivilized person. Different cultures i guess. I'm mostly a PC gamer but i only play single player games with the exception of SC2. I see no point in socializing in online games when i have real people that i can talk with in real life.

I do have friends outside of gaming but I still want voice chat on my systems for things like cordinating with my team in online shooter matches.I live in the us and don't consider trash talking healthy or mature. I don't mind taunting people once in a while after a good killstreak though. But I also give out complements to others when they do good.
Bruce_Benzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Bruce_Benzing
Member since 2012 • 1731 Posts

[QUOTE="brennanhuff"]

[QUOTE="burgeg"]

The less voice chat the better. Voice chat is the single worst thing about online gaming.

burgeg

Translation: I play single player games in a basement.

You're an idiot. Just as idiotic as the morons that spew garbage over the mic online. This is why online gaming is better on PS3. Not everyone has a mic, meaning less voice chat, meaning more fun and less bleeding of the ears.

And being stuck on a map with a bunch of noobs that can't do anything and step over each other because they can't communicate with each other. You realize I can just mute anyone not on my friends list on XBL, don't you?

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#63 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

I don't do voice chat that much anyway. It's so horrible. Do many damn kids talking crap. :|

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts
[QUOTE="p4s2p0"][QUOTE="lordlors"][QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"] Sheep never moved out, so all of their childhood friends are still in the same neighborhood.

Or they could have friends outside of gaming and hang out resulting to need of this trash talking and voice chat? I'm currently living in Japan and i can never understand why trash talking is considered good and healthy by Americans. To me it is a sign of an uncivilized person. Different cultures i guess. I'm mostly a PC gamer but i only play single player games with the exception of SC2. I see no point in socializing in online games when i have real people that i can talk with in real life.

I do have friends outside of gaming but I still want voice chat on my systems for things like cordinating with my team in online shooter matches.I live in the us and don't consider trash talking healthy or mature. I don't mind taunting people once in a while after a good killstreak though. But I also give out complements to others when they do good.

It also allows you to set up games with friends making it like the days of local multiplayer. Not everyone lives in a small vicinity of one another, so being able to play with friends/family who have moved elsewhere is a nice thing to have, and communication is a nice part of that. I much prefer to play with people I know than singing Harry from Tennessee.
DreamStation360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 DreamStation360

Sheep just got a small taste of online gaming with the Wii. Give it another Gen when kidtendo finally releases a system to catch up the the xbox720 and ps4. Then they will start wanting features that were standard on online games on the original Xbox.

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

I thought people used wireless headsets when voice chatting.

I don't get it, do people plug in wired headsets into the 360 controller? News to me.

DreamStation360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 DreamStation360

I thought people used wireless headsets when voice chatting.

I don't get it, do people plug in wired headsets into the 360 controller? News to me.

SuperFlakeman

I don't recall if the wireless sets were available at launch but the standard 360 headset that came with the system was wired and pluged into the controller. Just like the original Xbox headset did. I think the ps2 headset was USB and ps3 uses Bluetooth sets. Which I think 360 has one now as well.

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 lordlors

[QUOTE="p4s2p0"][QUOTE="lordlors"] Or they could have friends outside of gaming and hang out resulting to need of this trash talking and voice chat? I'm currently living in Japan and i can never understand why trash talking is considered good and healthy by Americans. To me it is a sign of an uncivilized person. Different cultures i guess. I'm mostly a PC gamer but i only play single player games with the exception of SC2. I see no point in socializing in online games when i have real people that i can talk with in real life.APiranhaAteMyVa

It also allows you to set up games with friends making it like the days of local multiplayer. Not everyone lives in a small vicinity of one another, so being able to play with friends/family who have moved elsewhere is a nice thing to have, and communication is a nice part of that. I much prefer to play with people I know than singing Harry from Tennessee.

Whenever i play with friends in SC2 it's only with real friends in real life. Voice chat would be a big help but i see it as a tool for strategy and coordination not socializing. My point is in socializing in online games like talking not playing with tactics and coordination. I don't make online games as a place for talking non game related things. I only play SC2 but i really see no point in socializing in online games. I believe socializing in online games is a hindrance to socializing in real life. Better to make friends outside online games. Better to play with friends who you really know in real life in video games. This is just my opinion of course.

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

You'd want the gamepad in the vicinity anyway since everything outside the game will be based on touch interface (OS, apps, message system, etc.)

Like this, or lying flat on the table. This setup will be standard.

mh3-ultimate.jpeg

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts
Thank goodness, I hate voice chat.
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"][QUOTE="RR360DD"]

lordlors

Or they could have friends outside of gaming and hang out resulting to need of this trash talking and voice chat? I'm currently living in Japan and i can never understand why trash talking is considered good and healthy by Americans. To me it is a sign of an uncivilized person. Different cultures i guess. I'm mostly a PC gamer but i only play single player games with the exception of SC2. I see no point in socializing in online games when i have real people that i can talk with in real life. Whenever i play with friends on SC2 it's only with my real friends in real life not you know those online friends who i really don't know.

voice chatting =/= trash talking

The two aren't synonymous concepts you know. :|

Not sure about the other gibberish you wrote. Apparently, you think you're the only person who games with people you know irl.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

[QUOTE="p4s2p0"][QUOTE="lordlors"] Or they could have friends outside of gaming and hang out resulting to need of this trash talking and voice chat? I'm currently living in Japan and i can never understand why trash talking is considered good and healthy by Americans. To me it is a sign of an uncivilized person. Different cultures i guess. I'm mostly a PC gamer but i only play single player games with the exception of SC2. I see no point in socializing in online games when i have real people that i can talk with in real life.APiranhaAteMyVa

Bingo

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 lordlors

[QUOTE="lordlors"]

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"] Sheep never moved out, so all of their childhood friends are still in the same neighborhood. MFDOOM1983

voice chatting =/= trash talking

The two aren't synonymous concepts you know. :|

Not sure about the other gibberish you wrote. Apparently, you think you're the only person who games with people you know irl.

Nope. I would say there are only a few who game ONLY with people they know irl. The key word "only". Understand it. I don't know about voice chatting in other games since i only play SC2 but apparently people say trash talking is very common. Not synonymous but with it comes trash talking i believe.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#74 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
They'll most likely fix it with a firmaware update to enable chat over the microphone on every Wii U tablet.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts

Remember kids, if you use voice chat, it means you have friends.

PopeReal

It pretty much does because now and days people turn the mic off unless its with your friends

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#76 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

Wii U last gen system confirmed.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#78 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

lol all i ever hear is xbox live is great this great that , fact is its Not! great

first of all , you have to pay! not the 50 it was originally but now 60 dollars, a year

and if you want netflix you gotta pay for gold , you want youtube you gotta pay for it , and the advertisments on your dashboard! i must say it was recently discovered ms is making millions off these very advertisments plus your payment ,plus this plus that , gotta draw the line some where and this is where i draw it nintendos online plan is alot better !

as long as i can play 007 legends cod and mariokart online - why should i care about it , its free its not like im paying out of pocket twice , -see i already pay for isp ,

i should never have to pay for multiplayer especally if they cant include split screen in their games ,

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#79 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

Its seems Nintendo are once again failing to capture what makes XBL so great.

"Only "select games" will support voice chat on WiiU, Nintendo has confirmed."

To add further insult to injury, there will be NO official Wii U mic, meaning you HAVE to buy a third party mic.

BUT WAIT, theres more

Only wired mics are supported, which have to be plugged into the Gamepad. So if you're using the Wii U pro controller, you still have to have the Gamepad nearby in order to chat with friends :lol: Is this a joke Nintendo, in 2012 we're still getting crap like this?

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/373685/wii-u-voice-chat-only-select-games-supported-no-official-headset-planned/

inb4 socially inept sheep enter the thread saying voice chat sucks because they have no friends.

RR360DD
and complaining about a wire mic , xbox360 has a wired mic i dont have a problem with it ,i hope god has mercy on your soul! youll need it
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

Lots o' WiiU hate on these forums. That's cool. Hopefully that means there won't be a shortage and I'll be able to get one at launch. :P

GamerEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#81 GamerEye
Member since 2011 • 1607 Posts

While it is a bit sad that the mic built into the gamepad won't be ae able to be used in voice chat, that hardly makes the WiiU online a joke.

scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#82 scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

All console online is a joke.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61513 Posts

Bad decision.

p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts

[QUOTE="APiranhaAteMyVa"][QUOTE="p4s2p0"] I do have friends outside of gaming but I still want voice chat on my systems for things like cordinating with my team in online shooter matches.I live in the us and don't consider trash talking healthy or mature. I don't mind taunting people once in a while after a good killstreak though. But I also give out complements to others when they do good.lordlors

Whenever i play with friends in SC2 it's only with real friends in real life. Voice chat would be a big help but i see it as a tool for strategy and coordination not socializing. My point is in socializing in online games like talking not playing with tactics and coordination. I don't make online games as a place for talking non game related things. I only play SC2 but i really see no point in socializing in online games. I believe socializing in online games is a hindrance to socializing in real life. Better to make friends outside online games. Better to play with friends who you really know in real life in video games. This is just my opinion of course.

Ya I could see some people taking it too far, like teens and their texting. But I don't see knowing a little something about the people we play with if they are not close as a bad thing. I usually keep it basic where they live,hobbies,etc.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#85 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts

Lots o' WiiU hate on these forums. That's cool. Hopefully that means there won't be a shortage and I'll be able to get one at launch. :P

clone01
Eh, it hits anything Nintendo. No surprise really.
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#86 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

Its seems Nintendo are once again failing to capture what makes XBL so great.

"Only "select games" will support voice chat on WiiU, Nintendo has confirmed."

To add further insult to injury, there will be NO official Wii U mic, meaning you HAVE to buy a third party mic.

BUT WAIT, theres more

Only wired mics are supported, which have to be plugged into the Gamepad. So if you're using the Wii U pro controller, you still have to have the Gamepad nearby in order to chat with friends :lol: Is this a joke Nintendo, in 2012 we're still getting crap like this?

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/373685/wii-u-voice-chat-only-select-games-supported-no-official-headset-planned/

inb4 socially inept sheep enter the thread saying voice chat sucks because they have no friends.

mariokart64fan

and complaining about a wire mic , xbox360 has a wired mic i dont have a problem with it ,i hope god has mercy on your soul! youll need it

Ive no issue with a wired mic, an official one was supplied with every 360. But leaving it up to 3rd parties to supply mics, not supporting wireless mics (the 360 does) and not having a mic port on the Pro controller is a complete joke :lol:

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#87 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

I can't say I'm exactly crazy about voice chat.man if only I got a dollar for every kid I muted while playing halo reach.

Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

This isn't a big deal.

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

Iwata admitted that the Wii Us online will be way behind XBL and PSN a while ago.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Less kids crying everywhere,as opposed to the PS3 or 360 online,good thing.
Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

Less kids crying everywhere,as opposed to the PS3 or 360 online,good thing.MonsieurX

I don't hear much of that on PS3 tbh.

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

Once again a $5 mic and cross game chat hae convided lems they have the superior onlin eexperience. RR360DD here some advise. Go play a couple games online on PC. So many options you won't know what to do, then go back and try to claim how much of a gap there is between the 360 and the PS3 or WiiU after experiencing the gap between the PC and consoles.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#93 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts

While it is a bit sad that the mic built into the gamepad won't be ae able to be used in voice chat

GamerEye
That's not sad at all. It would only be affective if you held the controller up to your face.
TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 TheDidact
Member since 2012 • 3986 Posts
lolno :D
Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

they could always fix that with a firmware update

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#96 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts
My friend once told me Nintendo is always a generation behind. Looks like he was wrong, if this is true they are 2 generations behind. :lol: Poor sheep.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts

This isn't a big deal.

Obviously_Right

Its 2012!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

The Wii U will have achievments, ShadowMoses900

Last I heard, Wii U doesn't even have a proper achievement system in place instead just allows developers to create their own achievement systems and incorporate them into Miiverse.. In which case I doubt many developers are even going to bother doing this in the first place.

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

The Wii U will have achievments, Crossel777

Last I heard, Wii U doesn't even have a proper achievement system in place instead just allows developers to create their own achievement systems and incorporate them into Miiverse.. In which case I doubt many developers are even going to bother doing this in the first place.

its the same exact way steam has achieements, and everybody loves steam so i dont see a problem with it

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

Monster Hunter 3 ultimate doesn't look like it's got any type of proper chat system in place. Just pre-made messages you can send to eachother ingame. No voice, no text chat. If this is all most online games are going to be like you can count me out. Same goes for Dragon Quest 10.. A MMORPG of all things. Next to no means of communication.