Proof the WiiU online will be a joke

This topic is locked from further discussion.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#301 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

This is something you need to realize. Nintendo always works in the strangest fashion, and really, it pays off for them, even if some gamers don't like it (like I said, I didn't like their treatment for their budget line-up). But they don't need to jump on any bandwagons either, otherwise, they may as well NOT be Nintendo.

Still, developers handling their own mic support is better than nothing.

nintendoboy16

Nintendo does what makes sense for them as a business. I'm sure the Wii's broken online was dirt cheap and in the end far more profitable for them then an Xbox Live type system. Ditto for this mic issue, it'll prob save them lotsa bucks.

I just don't like seeing gamers defend business decisions, designed to save the multibillion dollar corporation money.

Edit: Voice chat isn't a bandwagon, it's a standard feature of online gaming.

ZombeGoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#302 ZombeGoast
Member since 2010 • 437 Posts

Its seems Nintendo are once again failing to capture what makes XBL so great.

RR360DD

Charging us money to use Facebook,Espn and other non game related stuff? No thanks.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#303 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

This is something you need to realize. Nintendo always works in the strangest fashion, and really, it pays off for them, even if some gamers don't like it (like I said, I didn't like their treatment for their budget line-up). But they don't need to jump on any bandwagons either, otherwise, they may as well NOT be Nintendo.

Still, developers handling their own mic support is better than nothing.

locopatho

Nintendo does what makes sense for them as a business. I'm sure the Wii's broken online was dirt cheap and in the end far more profitable for them then an Xbox Live type system. Ditto for this mic issue, it'll prob save them lotsa bucks.

I just don't like seeing gamers defend business decisions, designed to save the multibillion dollar corporation money.

Edit: Voice chat isn't a bandwagon, it's a standard feature of online gaming.

Nah, even they saw what was wrong with the Wii online, hence why they did the one-code per system thing for 3DS, but no codes for games (which will more than likely be on the Wii U as well since Wii adapted from DS online).

Some business practices are worth defending and some aren't. In Nintendo's case, even if they have a lot of money, they can't be spending a crazy amount to the point of getting them bankrupt, especially in this economy. I'm not saying all of their practices are worth defending, but still something to keep in mind.

p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
For a company that so easily dominates the handheld market and makes such good handheld systems, their home consoles have been shockingly awful and WAY behind the curve....LostProphetFLCL
I don't see their handhelds as any different than their home consoles, cheaper,less features,etc.
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts

[QUOTE="percuvius2"]

One is a console aimed at children what's so complicated about that? I didn't miss anything as you had no point.

PopeReal

All consoles are aimed at children and adults alike. They certainly want everyone interested in playing, it is a business. But at the end of the day, play what you want and enjoy it. I was just wondering why some people feel the need to justify their own gaming as grown up. Games are games.

All systems have kid games but nintendo caters more to them than the rest. Least that is how I feel anyway. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but it does explain why they are having trouble with core audiences
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#306 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

ZombeGoast

Charging us money to use Facebook,Espn and other non game related stuff? No thanks.

Yeah because thats what makes XBL so great. You're an idiot
ZombeGoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307 ZombeGoast
Member since 2010 • 437 Posts

[QUOTE="ZombeGoast"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

RR360DD

Well that's what Microsoft belives in. And theres notrhing really great about Xbox Live when when I can do everything on Pc and Psn for free.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#308 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

[QUOTE="RR360DD"][QUOTE="ZombeGoast"]

ZombeGoast

Well that's what Microsoft belives in. And theres notrhing really great about Xbox Live when when I can do everything on Pc and Psn for free.

Except you can't ;) Nice try

hanman9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 hanman9
Member since 2005 • 410 Posts

This should ease some of the pain to those who actually care about voice chat:

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/wii-u-wireless-headsets-are-being-sold-now-this-should-clear-up-the-confusion-and-mass-chaos.452714195/

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

If you people are going to buy NEXT GEN Consoles thenDONT BUY WII UNintendont is taking an advantage of the other consoles not appearing early. Wii U will end up like Wii but in the 8th Generation, I expected Wii U to be a NEXT GEN but this is just not that satifying you'llREGRETit, Just because ACIII is on Wii U doesn't mean that its successful.

hanman9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 hanman9
Member since 2005 • 410 Posts

If you people are going to buy NEXT GEN Consoles thenDONT BUY WII UNintendont is taking an advantage of the other consoles not appearing early. Wii U will end up like Wii but in the 8th Generation, I expected Wii U to be a NEXT GEN but this is just not that satifying you'llREGRETit, Just because ACIII is on Wii U doesn't mean that its successful.

faizan_faizan

OOkkkaaaaaay....

Very insightful, projected opinion there.

Fail.

kingjazziephiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#312 kingjazziephiz
Member since 2006 • 2650 Posts
[QUOTE="burgeg"]

The less voice chat the better. Voice chat is the single worst thing about online gaming.

WithoutGraceXII
Yes when I'm playing Wingman in Gears 3 with my bud I don't want or need the ability to communicate.

lmao but people barely play wingman in gears 3 anymore.