Proof the WiiU online will be a joke

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

[QUOTE="Bardock47"]

This is bad, and Im a U supporter. I dont mind that devs decide whether or not to have it, I dont care its third party wired. I im confused, why does there pro controller not support it? Thats just bad desgin, is there like no where to plug it in at?

OreoMilkshake

Plugging into the Gamepad won't be a problem. No one said the wire is going to be short.

In my experiance, the cord for the 360 mic wasnt that long and pulled off easily. Its just cumbersome to have to controllers running. At the end of the day though, Ill porbably gaming more on te pad then a normal controller, so this more or less just seems odd to me. Plus, if I want a nice quiet expeiance, htats when Ill just use the pro controller. This isnt going ot break my purchase it just seems like an odd way of doing things, ecspecially considering lack of a mic ort on the pro controller, perhaprs this means there will be an eventual release of the Wii U pro 2?

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#252 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

I'm hoping later on, they can allow Bluetooth connection, probably will happen later on, but still, if you have to use Wired ones connected to the controller, that's fine. I still do that with my 360 anyways. The other issue of "certain games" isn't a big deal. In other words, Nintendo's service does allow Voice Chat, but it will just have to be added in games, it likely will be in all MP games, but SP games probably won't. There isn't a cross game chat system as far as I know, so this really is no different than signing into an XBL match and talking to the people in the same game. XBL lets you cross game chat, which is nice, but I don't think it's something that can't be implemented later on. Wii U's OS does have 1 GB reserved out of the 2 GBs of RAM in the system, and PS3 can't get cross game chat because of the RAM issue, I assume Nintendo just didn't implement this feature in yet. It did take time for it to come on the 360, and Nintendo's online focus has shown they are doing things differently like with Miiverse and Nintendo TVii. yoshi_64
Not to mention there is still times for updates, like the 360 updates. Correct me if im wrong, but I dont think the 360 alwasy had cross game? While some would cry foul on the fact Ninty didnt simply copy and paste, lets look at this objectivly. THis is their real first serious foray into online space, maybe 3DS and Wii to a much lesser extent; but they are now focusing on it. Persoanlly, I dont see them catching up till next gen. THey have to work the kinks out for them selves.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#253 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13672 Posts

[QUOTE="HalcyonScarlet"]

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]Too bad the other way proves to be nothing more than bites in Nintendo's ass. Like when they announced that they were resurrecting Bayonetta 2.

nintendoboy16

Well, they're so new to the idea, they're going to mess up a bit along the way.

When new IP's come: Make us a new Mario, Zelda, Metroid, or Pokemon, Nintendo.

When one of those franchises come: Screw these games. Make new IP's.

Yeah, new to the idea my foot. Nintendo has too many tropes against them to do some of this stuff.

Well why not do both, isn't that what others do?

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#254 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

funny how cows are jumping on this when the ps3 still doesn't have cross game chat voice chat.

Anyways this might suck but there's always room for them to add it in with firmware updates

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#255 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41579 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="HalcyonScarlet"]

HalcyonScarlet

Yeah, new to the idea my foot. Nintendo has too many tropes against them to do some of this stuff.

If they try both, everyone will focus on the Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon game.
RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="HalcyonScarlet"]

HalcyonScarlet

If they release a Zelda game and a new IP which do you think would sell more?

Kingpin0114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 Kingpin0114
Member since 2008 • 2607 Posts

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"][QUOTE="fueled-system"]

Do people have friends/family? Looking at the comments defending nintendo for the mic issue I think not...

Timstuff

Sheep like their online community like they like their main protagonists.

That was a good one. :lol:

Yea that gave me a good laugh too.

Mr_BillGates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 Mr_BillGates
Member since 2005 • 3211 Posts

Makes total sense. Nintendo is preserving and protecting their kindergarten image as much as possible.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 23002 Posts

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="Heil68"]I wasn't expecting anything on the level of PSN/XBL, but anything has to better than what the Wii has. MFDOOM1983

Im actually suprised nintendo would enter the hd race WITHOUT a service that rivals ms and sony... they claim to have a war chest of money, what better way to spend it then developing a fully functioning online infrastructure that puts them in a position to syphon off some of the hardcore user base....? Weird.

We're focusing on core gamers....hope you're happy with online services on par with PSN circa 2006 and a glorified twitter client. :P

It's just so effin bizarre...
Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

[QUOTE="LostProphetFLCL"]

Oh how I remember playing my PS2 online without a mic.

Way to be behind by 2 generations Nintendo!!! Oh wait, the original X-Box had voice chat.

Way to be behind by 3 generations Nintendo!

For a company that so easily dominates the handheld market and makes such good handheld systems, their home consoles have been shockingly awful and WAY behind the curve....

Timstuff

PS2 had voice chat, too. Not as many players had headsets as on Xbox, but they were quite useable.

zyUmE.jpg

We may as well stop trying to quantify how many generations behind Nintendo is, and simply accept that they are cheap bastards and would rather save a buck than meet industry standards.

Oh wow, wish I would have known those existed back when I was playing RE Outbreak online...

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

Proof that console-online is a joke;

Nintendo Network
Xbox Live
PlayStation Network
Wii Connect 24

slimjimbadboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 slimjimbadboy
Member since 2006 • 1731 Posts

You mean your arguement isn't that online for consoles has been a joke for years and that it wouldn't stop for the WiiU? Damn, that would have been a better arugment.

Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#263 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

Anything related to Nintendo is a joke so no big deal

Pikminmaniac

If that isn't sarcasm then you're a joke

he's just a bad representation of cows. Don't fret too much.
Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

I don't like voice chat and I don't use it on anything anyway.

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts
ugh come on Ninty
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#266 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

if the games gonna be fun u will forget about voice chat

AmnesiaHaze
lol i play online games twice as long when people talk
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#267 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
That's called inventive in Nintendo and fanboy eyes. returning to the old ages. Not believing humans are social.
Mr_BillGates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 Mr_BillGates
Member since 2005 • 3211 Posts

No voice acting in games, no voice chat in games.:lol:

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#269 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts

No voice acting in games

Mr_BillGates

Do you even know what voice acting is? :|

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="Mr_BillGates"]

No voice acting in games

OreoMilkshake

Not to mention, if Nintendo didn't have voice acting, explain these: -Star Fox 64 -Star Fox Adventures -Star Fox Assault -Xenoblade Chronicles -F-Zero GX -Eternal Darkness -Both Sin and Punishment games -The Last Story
Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts

[QUOTE="OreoMilkshake"]

[QUOTE="Mr_BillGates"]

No voice acting in games

nintendoboy16

Not to mention, if Nintendo didn't have voice acting, explain these: -Star Fox 64 -Star Fox Adventures -Star Fox Assault -Xenoblade Chronicles -F-Zero GX -Eternal Darkness -Both Sin and Punishment games -The Last Story

Half of those games weren´t even made by nintendo(especially the story heavy ones with lots of dialog like Xenoblade or Eternal darkness),only published,the others only have basic generic dialog like the Star Fox games(and there´s three of them in your list).

When nintendo of japan actually fully develops a fully story driven game with dialog then that will be another thing,as it is,it´s mute Zelda for everyone!

Well,to be fair,Navi says stuff like "Hey!",so I guess I´ll throw ya a bone there. >.>

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="OreoMilkshake"]Do you even know what voice acting is? :|

Nanomage

Half of those games weren´t even made by nintendo(especially the story heavy ones with lots of dialog like Xenoblade or Eternal darkness),only published,the others only have basic generic dialog like the Star Fox games(and there´s three of them in your list).

When nintendo of japan actually fully develops a fully story driven game with dialog then that will be another thing,as it is,it´s mute Zelda for everyone!

Well,to be fair,Navi says stuff like "Hey!",so I guess I´ll throw ya a bone there. >.>

Not developed by them or not, they still allow voice acting in their games. To say they don't really stretches it.

Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts

[QUOTE="Nanomage"]

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"] Not to mention, if Nintendo didn't have voice acting, explain these: -Star Fox 64 -Star Fox Adventures -Star Fox Assault -Xenoblade Chronicles -F-Zero GX -Eternal Darkness -Both Sin and Punishment games -The Last Storynintendoboy16

Not developed by them or not, they still allow voice acting in their games. To say they don't really stretches it.

Oh of course,it´s not the case of them not allowing,that would be dumb,though to be fair it would´ve made a big favor to Metroid Other M lol,it´s them actually doing a proper, fully voice acted game themselves,and they never did.

Before,there were technical reasons,but since many years ago that became a non issue,so it´s a mentality problem they have with that,and just makes their stuff look like they´ve stopped in time(and cheap),wich tbh,it´s starting to rub a lot of gamers and gaming media in general the wrong way for a while now.

One can say that it´s a conscious, artistic decision,but like many other decisions made by the company,it´s all about spanding the least money possbile on the product as they can and sell at premium price,in a way it´s almost like apple,but at least apple keeps up with the times.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
That's called inventive in Nintendo and fanboy eyes. returning to the old ages. Not believing humans are social.k2theswiss
Wait, are you calling voice chat social? Lulz.
HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13672 Posts

[QUOTE="HalcyonScarlet"]

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"] When new IP's come: Make us a new Mario, Zelda, Metroid, or Pokemon, Nintendo.

nintendoboy16

Only if they release them at the same time, and it's up to them to market new ips. If they just let them out into the wilderness like Sony to fend for themselves, nothing will happen.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="HalcyonScarlet"]

HalcyonScarlet

Only if they release them at the same time, and it's up to them to market new ips. If they just let them out into the wilderness like Sony to fend for themselves, nothing will happen.

Not really. Some Nintendo system owners would rather wait for a Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon more than anything else, even if Nintendo spreads out. No matter how late those games are.
CDUB316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 CDUB316
Member since 2009 • 6589 Posts

This SHOULD bother me, but you know what...it doesn't

when the 360 first came out, XBL was incredible and my time online while using mics was great and met alot of cool people...but now it's either no one uses a mic or if they do they are just screaming into because you did something that THEY thought was wrong....even if it's by total accident you get chewed the **** out by some bro-ass gamer who takes multiplayer way too seriously

so yea...guess what, the internet has made mics completely usless because...well, it's the internet

GOOD JOB INTERNET!

could care less

Avatar image for GhettoBlastin92
GhettoBlastin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 GhettoBlastin92
Member since 2012 • 1231 Posts
Thats funny, but by now people should realize that Nintendo doesn't really seem to care about MP. As long as the wii u has great singplayer games it will be fine.
ThisIsTwoFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 ThisIsTwoFace
Member since 2011 • 1132 Posts

No, no no this needs to stop.

Im tired of JEALOUS sheep using the same old excuses and arguments against XBL/PSN, its an overrated stereotype and its not even true.

Nintendo has once again failed with voice chat and you guys are making excuses for it. Its 2012 why is Nintendo still using WIRED MICS just use BLUETOOTH. Another thing, stop saying "Oh everytime I go on Xbox or PSN all I hear is 12 year olds screaming down the mic or noone with a mic" < Its quite clear that anyone using this excuse has no friends to game with. Play something like COD with a party of atleast 5 or more and its never like that.

Typical Sheep - we all know which group is the least social and its deifinitely Nintendo fanboys. WiiFit was designed for lazy families and in general cowards who can't be bothered to go exercise outside or join a gym. If I wanna play games with the family then I'll freaking play something like Scrabble.

Avatar image for WithoutGraceXII
WithoutGraceXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 WithoutGraceXII
Member since 2007 • 1797 Posts

The less voice chat the better. Voice chat is the single worst thing about online gaming.

burgeg
Yes when I'm playing Wingman in Gears 3 with my bud I don't want or need the ability to communicate.
StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#282 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

Major damage control from sheep. Nintendo is years behind competitors yet again, what else is new? I knew WiiU would be terrible from the start.

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 StealthMonkey4

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

Anything related to Nintendo is a joke so no big deal

Microsoft1234

If that isn't sarcasm then you're a joke

he's just a bad representation of cows. Don't fret too much.

Nintendo used to actually be a decent company, but since the Wii they've been a joke in everything but sales, and it looks like they're continuing the trend. Outdated graphics, bad online, wired mics, terrible library, gimmicky motion controller garbage, friend codes, etc. I don't know how people even take Nintendo seriously anymore.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 Shinobishyguy

Major damage control from sheep. Nintendo is years behind competitors yet again, what else is new? I knew WiiU would be terrible from the start.

StealthMonkey4
so in other words it's going to sell millions
StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 StealthMonkey4

[QUOTE="StealthMonkey4"]

Shinobishyguy

It won't do nearly as good as the Wii. The Wii was just the next cool thing and everyone jumped on the bandwagon, the hype has now died down. 360s and PS3s continue to be used while Wiis just sit in closets gathering dust. No one that I know has played their Wii for months and the general public no longer cares about Wii or WiiU.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 Shinobishyguy

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="StealthMonkey4"]

StealthMonkey4

It won't do nearly as good as the Wii. The Wii was just the next cool thing and everyone jumped on the bandwagon, the hype has now died down. 360s and PS3s continue to be used while Wiis just sit in closets gathering dust. No one that I know has played their Wii for months and the general public no longer cares about Wii or WiiU.

might I bring up your predictions about the 3ds or did you wipe that from your memory?

Or should I bring up how preorders for thw wii U have been booked for a month. Yeah the general public doesn't care all right :roll:

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

[QUOTE="StealthMonkey4"]

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"] so in other words it's going to sell millionsShinobishyguy

might I bring up your predictions about the 3ds or did you wipe that from your memory?

Or should I bring up how preorders for thw wii U have been booked for a month. Yeah the general public doesn't care all right :roll:

Core gamers buy consoles at launch, not casuals. 360 and ps3 both sold out at launch, so another console doing so is nothing extraordinary. Its normal for new tech of any kind to have supply constraints in the first few months.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 nintendoboy16
You know, this entire mess on mic support in Wii U is NEARLY as bad as Bayonetta 2. Keyword: NEARLY!
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 MFDOOM1983
[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]You know, this entire mess on mic support in Wii U is NEARLY as bad as Bayonetta 2. Keyword: NEARLY!

How is bayonetta 2 bad? I've seen you say thing before and don't quite follow what you're getting at.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]You know, this entire mess on mic support in Wii U is NEARLY as bad as Bayonetta 2.

Keyword: NEARLY!MFDOOM1983

How is bayonetta 2 bad? I've seen you say thing before and don't quite follow what you're getting at.

I should have clarified, I never meant to say it in the sense that a game was barely shown was bad, just the controversies.

Oops! :P

Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

Stupid nitpicking is all this is

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 MFDOOM1983

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"][QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]You know, this entire mess on mic support in Wii U is NEARLY as bad as Bayonetta 2.

Keyword: NEARLY!nintendoboy16

I should have clarified, I never meant to say it in the sense that a game was barely shown was bad, just the controversies.

Oops! :P

Well, bayonetta 2 was a unexpected surprise, but this was kinda expected after Iwata's comments.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

[QUOTE="locopatho"]

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"] You realize my response to Fizzman had to do with another part of his point, right? :|

It's stuff like this (among many other things) that makes me wonder why Nintendo TRIES to please this community anymore, when all they get is backlash, even if the news is either good, or no big deal (I see the mic support as the latter).

nintendoboy16

Trying isn't good enough, and your opinions on what is or isn't important don't matter.

It's a fact that a 2005 console (the 360) came with voice chat, in all games, even across game and party chat, and a free headset with every console.

That's the standard of the 7th gen, free headset and voicechat in and across all games.

The fact that Nintendo's 8th gen console can't/won't match that IS A PROBLEM, whether you think so or not.

Well, it's surely the best they can do after all that's against them, past and present.

What? No. The best they could do is bundle a mic and have voice chat as standard. Ya know, like what the LAST GEN 360 can do? Seriously, I would love to know how Ninty got fans who are so happy and hyped to be spending another few hundred on hardware that can't even match, never mind beat, last gen consoles :? They make great games for sure but I simply cannot understand this willingness to take every crappy move they do as awesome.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 Shinobishyguy

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"]

Trying isn't good enough, and your opinions on what is or isn't important don't matter.

It's a fact that a 2005 console (the 360) came with voice chat, in all games, even across game and party chat, and a free headset with every console.

That's the standard of the 7th gen, free headset and voicechat in and across all games.

The fact that Nintendo's 8th gen console can't/won't match that IS A PROBLEM, whether you think so or not.

locopatho

Well, it's surely the best they can do after all that's against them, past and present.

What? No. The best they could do is bundle a mic and have voice chat as standard. Ya know, like what the LAST GEN 360 can do? Seriously, I would love to know how Ninty got fans who are so happy and hyped to be spending another few hundred on hardware that can't even match, never mind beat, last gen consoles :? They make great games for sure but I simply cannot understand this willingness to take every crappy move they do as awesome.

So because it doesn't come with a mic it's suddenly weaker than the 360/ps3?

What the hell kind of logic is that?

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]Well, it's surely the best they can do after all that's against them, past and present.

Shinobishyguy

Not coming with standard voice chat doesn't make it weaker, but is just one reason it will continue to be below "last gen" standards. Asking for a mic to be bundled with every console isn't asking too much, but even still if they were to make a mic available to be bought separately and have standard voice chat, that would be sufficient.

However in reality they clearly don't give a shlt. They say to third parties go release some mics because we can't be assed. We also can't be assed allowing the built in mic / speaker in the gamepad to be used for voice chat. Oh and developers, you have to look after voice chat in your games. And people who want to use the pro controller, just deal with having to plug your mic into the gamepad because we can't be bothered putting a mic port in the pro controller.

Seriously idiotic decisions.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"] What? No. The best they could do is bundle a mic and have voice chat as standard. Ya know, like what the LAST GEN 360 can do? Seriously, I would love to know how Ninty got fans who are so happy and hyped to be spending another few hundred on hardware that can't even match, never mind beat, last gen consoles :? They make great games for sure but I simply cannot understand this willingness to take every crappy move they do as awesome. RR360DD

Not coming with standard voice chat doesn't make it weaker, but is just one reason it will continue to be below "last gen" standards. Asking for a mic to be bundled with every console isn't asking too much, but even still if they were to make a mic available to be bought separately and have standard voice chat, that would be sufficient.

However in reality they clearly don't give a shlt. They say to third parties go release some mics because we can't be assed. We also can't be assed allowing the built in mic / speaker in the gamepad to be used for voice chat.Oh and developers, you have to look after voice chat in your games. And people who want to use the pro controller, just deal with having to plug your mic into the gamepad because we can't be bothered putting a mic port in the pro controller.

Now that Shokio mentions it, one of the last things I want to hear while playing a game and chatting is the crackling of button pressing on the controller. Also never the mind the fact that SONY did a similar thing with PS2 and PS3, letting developers handle mic support in their own games and hardly anyone complained then.

Once again, this is blown out of purportion.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]So because it doesn't come with a mic it's suddenly weaker than the 360/ps3?

nintendoboy16

However in reality they clearly don't give a shlt. They say to third parties go release some mics because we can't be assed. We also can't be assed allowing the built in mic / speaker in the gamepad to be used for voice chat.Oh and developers, you have to look after voice chat in your games. And people who want to use the pro controller, just deal with having to plug your mic into the gamepad because we can't be bothered putting a mic port in the pro controller.

Now that Shokio mentions it, one pf the last things I want to hear while playing a game and chatting is the crackling of button pressing on the controller. Also never the mind the fact that SONY did a similar thing with PS2 and PS3, letting developers handle mic support in their own games and hardly anyone complained then.

Well if thats the case then forget about the built-in mic, but all my other points still stand.

As for PSN, I complained. And one of the main reasons why I choose XBL over PSN is voice chat, so for some people it is definitely a big deal. XBL has the social aspect of online gaming nailed. People like to bash it and its subscription, but thats why people pay for XBL. And its worth it.

PSN lags behind, however with the vita Sony have corrected some of their mistakes. I just never expected Nintendo, who seem to be going for the 360/PS3 onine gamer audience, would release such a half-assed attempt at it. Its just lazy.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 locopatho

Shinobishyguy

No, not weaeker, but it's clearly lacking in several areas, compared to last gen machines.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299 locopatho

Also never the mind the fact that SONY did a similar thing with PS2 and PS3, letting developers handle mic support in their own games and hardly anyone complained then.

nintendoboy16

Because those are LAST GEN machines, and everyone beyond hardcore cows knows 360 online/voice chat is the best on consoles.

Simple fact is if two friends wanna play online co-op on WiiU, they first have to check if the game supports voice chat. Then they both need to buy microphones. Then they need to have the Gamepad on and used for mics, even if they use the Pro Controller.

On 360, a last gen machine, just play the game and talk (since everyone who buys 360 has a pad and mic). The end.

Is it so fcvking hard to expect a next gen machine to do what last gen ones do? Or are Ninty fans just happy to get pooped on?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

Also never the mind the fact that SONY did a similar thing with PS2 and PS3, letting developers handle mic support in their own games and hardly anyone complained then.

locopatho

Because those are LAST GEN machines, and everyone beyond hardcore cows knows 360 online/voice chat is the best on consoles.

Simple fact is if two friends wanna play online co-op on WiiU, they first have to check if the game supports voice chat. Then they both need to buy microphones. Then they need to have the Gamepad on and used for mics, even if they use the Pro Controller.

On 360, a last gen machine, just play the game and talk (since everyone who buys 360 has a pad and mic). The end.

Is it so fcvking hard to expect a next gen machine to do what last gen ones do? Or are Ninty fans just happy to get pooped on?

I can assure you that if I liked taking whatever they threw at me, I would have praised their budget line-up for Wii, but I didn't because their support for that was DREADFUL. Only a few games applied, all being Nintendo first party, and the most recent addition was Pikmin 2... a GameCube port (sure it's nice if you haven't got Pikmin 2 yet, but the line-up still sucks). Even N64 and GameCube did it better with "Player's Choice".

This is something you need to realize. Nintendo always works in the strangest fashion, and really, it pays off for them, even if some gamers don't like it (like I said, I didn't like their treatment for their budget line-up). But they don't need to jump on any bandwagons either, otherwise, they may as well NOT be Nintendo.

Still, developers handling their own mic support is better than nothing.