Pokemon X and Y Leak, Sell Early, Potential Spoilers Abound

• 180 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#101 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

I like Fennekin's evo the best tbh. Greninja looks really disproportionate in that picture and the tongue is strange, and Chespin final evo seems too rigid and has weird coloring for his shell. All in all not my favorite batch of final starter evo's. Might be my least favorite actually, but I still like them all (the only evo I don't like is Emboar tbh). I haven't seen them in battle animations though and I might get more accustomed to them over time,  so maybe my opinion can change.

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts
Froakie evolves into Yosuke's personaShinobishyguy
Actually, I know what I'm nicknaming my Froakie now. Thank you.
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#103 Pikminmaniac  Online
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Wait... Chespin's final evolution is Grass fighting? It doesn't look like a fighting type at all...

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 AznbkdX

Wait... Chespin's final evolution is Grass fighting? It doesn't look like a fighting type at all...

Pikminmaniac

I don't get it... you guys thought it wouldn't be? I mean... he's definitely based on a knight from the second form, while Braixen is more mage like and Frogadier looks like a rogue to me.

From the very start I had a feeling what the types were going to be. They seem to be following the standard RPG classes in Poke form.

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 lx_theo

Pikminmaniac

I think the motif going on is Knight, Witch, Rogue. Very medieval Europe theme with the France based Kalos and whatnot. A knight fights wars, so yeah.

EDIT: Oh, and the name for the last evo is 'Chesnaught" it seems, so fyi

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 AznbkdX

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

lx_theo

I think the motif going on is Knight, Witch, Rogue. Very medieval Europe theme with the France based Kalos and whatnot. A knight fights wars, so yeah.

Haha hell yeah! Someone else says it! :)

That's exactly what I was thinking seeing the second forms. It was pretty easy to deduce from there.

Honestly thought that Grass/Dark rumor sounded like complete bull based on it too haha.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#107 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
it looks more grass/steel to me, but whatever.
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 lx_theo
it looks more grass/steel to me, but whatever.BrunoBRS
The knight motif also would warrant steel type along with fighting. Though I imagine fighting was chosen to make even out the trifecta of dark, psychic, and fighting.
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Pikminmaniac  Online
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

lx_theo

Cool. I like that idea. Also, I haven't been keeping informed about this game very well, but I recall them saying thet there are dual type moves... Is that true? If that is the case then Chesnaught could have quadruple effective Grass/fighting attacks on Rock types as well as an advantage over normal, ground, steel, water, ice and dark

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 AznbkdX

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]it looks more grass/steel to me, but whatever.lx_theo
The knight motif also would warrant steel type along with fighting. Though I imagine fighting was chosen to make even out the trifecta of dark, psychic, and fighting.

Pretty much. Kind of wish it was switched around to having weaknesses for everyone (Fire/Dark to Water/Psychic for example) instead of double type weaknesses against one another, but it was clear that it was going to be like this.

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 lx_theo

[QUOTE="lx_theo"]

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

Pikminmaniac

Cool. I like that idea. Also, I haven't been keeping informed about this game very well, but I recall them saying thet there are dual type moves... Is that true? If that is the case then Chesnaught could have quadruple effective Grass/fighting attacks on Rock types as well as an advantage over normal, ground, steel, water, ice and dark

From what leaks I've seen, I have yet to notice a dual type move. I remember something like that being mentioned though, yeah. I don't know if it was a rumor or something from Nintendo, though
AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 AznbkdX

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

[QUOTE="lx_theo"] I think the motif going on is Knight, Witch, Rogue. Very medieval Europe theme with the France based Kalos and whatnot. A knight fights wars, so yeah.

lx_theo

From what leaks I've seen, I have yet to notice a dual type move. I remember something like that being mentioned though, yeah. I don't know if it was a rumor or something from Nintendo, though

There is Freeze Dry which is an ice move that is super effective against water. Not exactly a dual type move but definitely different than the standard ice attack.

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#113 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts
Dear god Chespin has a god awful final evo. Froakie looks like the go to starter
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#114 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

I actually like Chespin's final evo.

And I'm guessing gender affects the look of a pokemon, because that fennekin in the final evo pic is female.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#115 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
Dear god Chespin has a god awful final evo. Froakie looks like the go to starterCapitan_Kid
Fennekin still has the best typing
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#116 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
The leaker "got nintendo'd" and had to give up his copy. http://kotaku.com/pokemon-leaker-says-heads-are-rolling-at-nintendo-1440488995
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 lx_theo
[QUOTE="bbkkristian"]The leaker "got nintendo'd" and had to give up his copy. http://kotaku.com/pokemon-leaker-says-heads-are-rolling-at-nintendo-1440488995

A leaker, not the. Seeing lots more leaks coming from other people who got it. That guy just was way too open in how things went down and Nintendo was able to track down where it happened and who did it.
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#118 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
[QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="bbkkristian"]The leaker "got nintendo'd" and had to give up his copy. http://kotaku.com/pokemon-leaker-says-heads-are-rolling-at-nintendo-1440488995

A leaker, not the. Seeing lots more leaks coming from other people who got it. That guy just was way too open in how things went down and Nintendo was able to track down where it happened and who did it.

That's crazy how that happened... I wonder how this non-government affiliated company sought him out, (unless it's clearly on his Instagram lol)
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 lx_theo
[QUOTE="bbkkristian"][QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="bbkkristian"]The leaker "got nintendo'd" and had to give up his copy. http://kotaku.com/pokemon-leaker-says-heads-are-rolling-at-nintendo-1440488995

That's crazy how that happened... I wonder how this non-government affiliated company sought him out, (unless it's clearly on his Instagram lol)

I recall the videos not having much effort into hiding things. Not sure how much info, but companies are resourceful and should have at least access to some pull within the retailers for info on stuff (like supply info to find what stores broke the date).
Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Capitan_Kid
[QUOTE="bbkkristian"]The leaker "got nintendo'd" and had to give up his copy. http://kotaku.com/pokemon-leaker-says-heads-are-rolling-at-nintendo-1440488995

Wow. That sucks. The dude shoulda kept his mouth shut about where he got the game. It sucks that he had to give it up.
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 lx_theo

I'm pretty sure this is real. I have no reason to think its not.

Not really a spoiler, since it reveals basically nothing, but I'll throw it into one for those sensitive people.

[spoiler]  [/spoiler]

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"][QUOTE="bbkkristian"]The leaker "got nintendo'd" and had to give up his copy. http://kotaku.com/pokemon-leaker-says-heads-are-rolling-at-nintendo-1440488995

Wow. That sucks. The dude shoulda kept his mouth shut about where he got the game. It sucks that he had to give it up.

I mean, he can always go back and buy it in ten days :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
^ :lol:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
So, credit for this goes to ShadowLord in the Lounge, but he just pointed out how the final three evolutions are [spoiler] Mage, Knight, Ninja [/spoiler] I think that's really cool.
Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

the luchador hawk is very promising. I hope it last evolution is awesome.

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 lx_theo
[QUOTE="charizard1605"]So, credit for this goes to ShadowLord in the Lounge, but he just pointed out how the final three evolutions are [spoiler] Mage, Knight, Ninja [/spoiler] I think that's really cool.

Sort of already has been discussed here. Though its more like [spoiler] Witch, Knight, Rogue [/spoiler] . Which goes with the France based Kalos region well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="charizard1605"]So, credit for this goes to ShadowLord in the Lounge, but he just pointed out how the final three evolutions are [spoiler] Mage, Knight, Ninja [/spoiler] I think that's really cool.

Sort of already has been discussed here. Though its more like [spoiler] Witch, Knight, Rogue [/spoiler] . Which goes with the France based Kalos region well.

Yeah. It's actually really cool. Also, I've warmed up to Fennekin's evo's design over time. It's not as bad anymore.
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 lx_theo
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="charizard1605"]So, credit for this goes to ShadowLord in the Lounge, but he just pointed out how the final three evolutions are [spoiler] Mage, Knight, Ninja [/spoiler] I think that's really cool.

Yeah. It's actually really cool. Also, I've warmed up to Fennekin's evo's design over time. It's not as bad anymore.

I like the idea, too. Though I still can't stand Fennekin's final evo design. Just seems so stupid and unimaginative to me.
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

[spoiler] Chaz that knight theif mage RPG thing has been areound the internet for weeks lol

at least since the 2nd evo's were revealed. [/spoiler]

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Capitan_Kid
The people writing the scripts for Pokemon games the past couple gens are funny dudes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="lx_theo"] Sort of already has been discussed here. Though its more like [spoiler] Witch, Knight, Rogue [/spoiler] . Which goes with the France based Kalos region well.

I like the idea, too. Though I still can't stand Fennekin's final evo design. Just seems so stupid and unimaginative to me.

Well, to me, the typing is always more important anyway :P
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

[QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] Yeah. It's actually really cool. Also, I've warmed up to Fennekin's evo's design over time. It's not as bad anymore.charizard1605

well enjoy your stealth rocks then :twisted: 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="lx_theo"] I like the idea, too. Though I still can't stand Fennekin's final evo design. Just seems so stupid and unimaginative to me.Jonwh18

well enjoy your stealth rocks then :twisted: 

I have the greatest counter in the world to Stealth Rock.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
>Spoilers >Pokemon What?
zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#135 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

>Spoilers >Pokemon What?jg4xchamp

I went in blind with Gen V. Essentially, some gamers want to experience the Pokémon games like they first did, with a sense of discovery within the game. People online showing the new 'mons takes away from that sense of wonder that can be had when you know nothing of what the games may bring. 

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#136 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]>Spoilers >Pokemon What?

+1 It's such a risk, bro. To spoil the (handheld) pokemon game. :P
illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#137 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]>Spoilers >Pokemon What?Zassimick

I went in blind with Gen V. Essentially, some gamers want to experience the Pokémon games like they first did, with a sense of discovery within the game. People online showing the new 'mons takes away from that sense of wonder that can be had when you know nothing of what the games may bring. 

I havent been spoiled by anything. It's pretty easy to avoid spoilers since there really isnt much notable things that are worthy to spoil.
AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#138 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

Oooh. Yay he is Dark Water. I can now use him :) I've been on team Froakie since day  1.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
Review embargo lifts tomorrow. I'm expecting a bunch of 9's, 8's, and a six here because gamespot just loves being a special snowflake
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#140 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]it looks more grass/steel to me, but whatever.lx_theo

I would of gone with Grass/Steel, Fire/Fairy, and Water/Fighting.

Water > Fire > Grass > Water
Steel > Fairy > Fighting > Steel

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Review embargo lifts tomorrow. I'm expecting a bunch of 9's, 8's, and a six here because gamespot just loves being a special snowflakeShinobishyguy

So what are peoples concerns for the game right now?  The only concern I have seen that seems valid is that mega evo's are very unbalanced and poorly done.  I am really not sure about that though.

Still trying to decide if I want to buy this or not.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Shinobishyguy

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]Review embargo lifts tomorrow. I'm expecting a bunch of 9's, 8's, and a six here because gamespot just loves being a special snowflakeNaveedLife

So what are peoples concerns for the game right now?  The only concern I have seen that seems valid is that mega evo's are very unbalanced and poorly done.  I am really not sure about that though.

My only concern is how much post game content this game is gonna have.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]Review embargo lifts tomorrow. I'm expecting a bunch of 9's, 8's, and a six here because gamespot just loves being a special snowflakeShinobishyguy

Is that normally not a concern?  Why would this one be any different?  I really don't know too well sine its been so long since I have played one.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Shinobishyguy

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

NaveedLife

Is that normally not a concern?  Why would this one be any different?  I really don't know too well sine its been so long since I have played one.

typically the first two games in a generation don't have much in the way of post game content which is why I'm kind of worried. Not "PREORDER CANCELED" worried or anything but still
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]My only concern is how much post game content this game is gonna have.Shinobishyguy

typically the first two games in a generation don't have much in the way of post game content which is why I'm kind of worried. Not "PREORDER CANCELED" worried or anything but still

When you say in a generation do you mean like the pokemon generation?  I assume so.  So you are saying something like Pokemon Z will be have more end game content?  why?  

TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 TheShadowLord07

there is a rumor that that there won't any post game content, but then again the person might havent 100% yet.

biggest rumor is that there is only 70 new pokemon. guess it would make sense because they are adding old pokemon. plus we haven't seen that much. there is at Least a z pokemon, maybe a trio pokemon, and some event pokemon that can't be obtain in the game.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Shinobishyguy

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

NaveedLife

When you say in a generation do you mean like the pokemon generation?  I assume so.  So you are saying something like Pokemon Z will be have more end game content?  why?  

thats usually how they do it. The first 2 games introduce all the new stuff and the third version that releases a few years later beefs up the content
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 TheShadowLord07

this confirms that there might be dual type moves which was mention a while back

b7dF9VU.jpg?1

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

this confirms that there might be dual type moves which was mention a while back

b7dF9VU.jpg?1

TheShadowLord07

Are you refering to the censored parts on the bottom? Cause the type tags on the top are for the pokemon themselves.

TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 TheShadowLord07

^lol I forgot the other pic

coRps0r.jpg?1