jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

Will consoles have a break in 2015 ? Will a few exclusives save consoles from being completely demolished by PC ? I mean, just compare game libraries, PC exclusive announcements haven´t stopped arriving, meanwhile Sony ans MS doesn´t stop announcing the same exclusives over and over again. The only good games being released on consoles are late PC ports.

Just this year, PC has got the awesome Divinity: Original Sin, Five Nights at Freddy's, Xenonauts, Wildstar, The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing 2, Tropico 5, Broken Sword 5, LIfe Goes On, Half Minute Hero: The Second Coming, Arma 3, Betrayer, Age of Wonders 3, Smite, Banished, Loadout, SW The Old Republic Galactic Starfighter, Strike Vector, Insurgency, Blackguards, The Banner Saga among many others... plus superior versions of multiplats, and of course, plus xbox one launch excluisves.

And the year is far to be over and incoming PC games that we yet to play will be

Wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity, CIv 6: Beyond Earth, Elite Dangerous, Alone in the dark Reboot, Haunted House Reboot, J.u.l.i.a.: Among the stars, Ghost of a Tale, Ancient Space (awesome space RTS **** YEH), The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Dreamfall Chapters, Stronghold Crusaders 2, Gauntlet, The Sacred Tears True (JRPG), The Talos Principle, Solarix, Yatagarasu: Attack on Cataclysm (2d Japanese fighter), etc

Some of the aforementioned games will come to consoles, but much later after the PC release.

New exclusive have been announced as well, such as Firewatch

Interesting Early Accesses to be launched such as Albedo: Eyes from Outer Space

So the question is when the ownage will end ? I am afraid it´s too late for that, the progress ushered the gaming into a new era, to the digital era, to the PC´s era. Japan is almost irrelevant at this point, except probably Nintendo will keep milking sheeps on countless Mario y Zelda itterations

At this point the difference in game quantity and quality is just abysmal. PC with this consoles´s generational change has gained too much momentum and doesn´t look like slowing down.

Will Bloodbourne and Quantum Break in 2015 be enough to compensate the actual absolute PC dominance ?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22377 Posts

Don't you have anything better to do???

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

It's funny because consolite's will ignore everything you just typed, and the entire thread demonstrating how PC is an open platform, and just spew BS about how they don't care because they can't play a fighter they like or Bloodborne or something like that. Then, Cranler will come in and derail the whole thing with his whole "Mac and Linux aren't PC's" argument.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Jhon thread don't care

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

you do realize that indie games, RTS, Moba, and MMOs don't count right?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#6 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

"But TLOU : R > Entire steam library" .

Anyways ,,, Can't wait for early 2015 for full commercial release of The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 . Best point and click adventure in ages . Right now their fully polished first chapter is released on Steam Early Access (there will 5 chapters) but I'm going to wait for full commercial release .

On other hand I hope Dragon Age : Inquisition is a good game and playing that game with Mouse and Keyboard is going to be a definitive experience . Then next year we'll have Squadron 42 , Witcher 3 , Unreal Tournament , Syberia 3 etc . Can't wait .

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

PC is packing with games, but you forget something: PC games are irrelevant or are garbage because they are not on Sony consoles

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

yeah actually i'm pretty surprised by the good news of late.

i'll keep the balance, arena commander 0.9 has been delayed twice, a bit of a shame because i want to play coop.

come on roberts et al, this weekend, arena commander 0.9 - let's make it happen!

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:

yeah actually i'm pretty surprised by the good news of late.

i'll keep the balance, arena commander 0.9 has been delayed twice, a bit of a shame because i want to play coop.

come on roberts et al, this weekend, arena commander 0.9 - let's make it happen!

I need to get into that.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

when will titans stop getting graphically demolished by console games? LOL @ point and click adventure games. thats like the antithesis of actual gameplay. its no different from playing with images in microsoft powerpoint

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

There's no difference from 800p to 4k. It's just resolution.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By m3dude1

@bldgirsh: not nearly enough dfference to turn gen 7 ports into next gen experiences. theres also no console game thats 800p. do you even know what resolution 800p is?

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BldgIrsh

@m3dude1: Lol what i'm seeing right now is ports from 7th gen to next-gen, if that isn't "next-gen" then what is?

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 m3dude1

@bldgirsh said:

@m3dude1: Lol what i'm seeing right now is ports from 7th gen to next-gen, if that isn't "next-gen" then what is?

games not designed around gen 7 hardware, so basically nothing on pc

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

when will titans stop getting graphically demolished by console games? LOL @ point and click adventure games. thats like the antithesis of actual gameplay. its no different from playing with images in microsoft powerpoint

1. Very few of the games he listed were pointNclick adventure titles. I think PS4 has just as many on the horizon.

2. You pretty much are forced to do 3vs1 at this point. Winning.

3. PC gfx king every gen. Feels good.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

meh

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BldgIrsh

@m3dude1: You serve more as an thread bump in System Wars. Definitely not someone worth having a debate with...

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jhonMalcovich

@m3dude1 said:

@bldgirsh: not nearly enough dfference to turn gen 7 ports into next gen experiences. theres also no console game thats 800p. do you even know what resolution 800p is?

Lol. This lad is trying really hard to derail the thread into a more comfortable zone for consolites, into the one that usually comes down to that PC-games-don´t -take-full-advantage-of-Titans. Only to avoid the inconvenient truth in OP. Don´t feed him, folks.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@m3dude1 said:

1. Very few of the games he listed were pointNclick adventure titles. I think PS4 has just as many on the horizon.

many of those games are either some niche trash no one cares about and the japanese ones look like Snes games. Life too short to waste it playing so much garbage with so many classics on consoles.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jhonMalcovich

@Gue1 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@m3dude1 said:

many of those games are either some niche trash no one cares about and the japanese ones look like Snes games. Life too short to waste it playing so much garbage with so many classics on consoles.

By console classics you mean remasters, right ? The ones that I can play on my pc for free with an emulator. Lol.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Cloud_imperium
@m3dude1 said:

May be you don't realize that but there are genres other than Third Person Shooters as well . And playing them doesn't hurt one bit . I promise :-)

May be you never played any point and click adventure game other than Telltales' interactive movies . It is one of the most difficult and story heavy genres .

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

@jhonMalcovich said:

@Gue1 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@m3dude1 said:

By console classics you mean remasters, right ? The ones that I can play on my pc for free with an emulator. Lol.

Oh, so you need an emulator...lol

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

Quality over quantity son, just one console exclusive has more budget than all your bargin bin pc games put together and then some. I spend my precious quality gaming time on you know, quality games after all.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Cloud_imperium
@gpuking said:

Quality over quantity son, just one console exclusive has more budget than all your bargin bin pc games put together and then some. I spend my precious quality gaming time on you know, quality games after all.

PC has both Quality and Quantity .

Uncharted 2 budget : 20 million

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/uncharted-sequel-costing-usd-20-million

Starcraft 2 budget : over 100 million

http://www.gamesradar.com/starcraft-ii-cost-more-than-100-million-to-make/

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BldgIrsh

@gpuking said:

Honestly, it seems like you spend most of your time on finding that "perfect" scene and then come here and post it on SW's to later get backfired and then you repeat the process.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jhonMalcovich

@madsnakehhh said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

@Gue1 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@m3dude1 said:

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 m3dude1
@Cloud_imperium said:
@m3dude1 said:

May be you don't realize that but there are genres other than Third Person Shooters as well . And playing them doesn't hurt one bit . I promise :-)

May be you never played any point and click adventure game other than Telltales' interactive movies . It is one of the most difficult and story heavy genres .

lol did this batshit insane herm just say point and click games are difficult LOL

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Cloud_imperium
@m3dude1 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@m3dude1 said:

lol did this batshit insane herm just say point and click games are difficult LOL

Translation : Yes I never played anything other than The Walking Dead & The Wolf Among Us . And I think only shooting brain dead AI in TPS is part of challenge .

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

my arse is bleeding.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 clyde46

Console makers removed BC to sell you last gen games! I don't know if thats sad or funny.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

@jhonMalcovich: Put all the gifs that you want, truth is, PC elitist still love to play console games.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 clyde46
@Cloud_imperium said:
@m3dude1 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@m3dude1 said:

Translation : Yes I never played anything other than The Walking Dead & The Wolf Among Us . And I think only shooting brain dead AI in TPS is part of challenge .

If it doesn't have a $200 billion budget, if it doesn't have 10 hours of gameplay, if it doesn't lead me around by the nose, if it doesn't have hundreds of DLC pieces, then I'm not interested.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Cloud_imperium
@clyde46 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@m3dude1 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@m3dude1 said:

If it doesn't have a $200 billion budget, if it doesn't have 10 hours of gameplay, if it doesn't lead me around by the nose, if it doesn't have hundreds of DLC pieces, then I'm not interested.

TBH , those who like to talk about budget doesn't even know that their most precious games like Beyond Two Souls , Uncharted , TLOU etc cost 20-30 million to make . Games like Starcraft cost over 100 million dollar and it is great game (Star Citizen over 50 million dollars) .

But bigger doesn't always mean better . SWTOR's budget is over 200 million and it was supposed to be WOW killer . Now it is F2P . Witcher 3 on other hand cost 15 million to develop (and 25 million to market) and it is first true next generation game . But "Meh , who cares if it doesn't have short campaign , dumb AI and mindless action" .

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

So...since consoles are looking to poor this year is PC finally going to get a exclusive GOTY winner?

I mean if not then lol at herms being so desperate talking about PC "battering consoles" when the best games they get are still just multiplats shared with consoles.

In 2015 PC has no chance against consoles and all hermits know it, that's why thread creator put the 2015 disclaimer in the OP.

Also, Tropico 5 is also out on PS4, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter is coming to PS4 and Dreamfall chapers is going to be on everything even wiiU...All PC exclusives? Desperate attempts to inflate quality of PC exclusive lineup to gain some kind of moral fanboy victory and factually incorrect OP FTL

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

Shiny textures and god rays don't make a good looking game. Somehow, peasants still don't know that. Actual technical feats like particle physics matter way more. See Arma 3. Yes, I stole it from PCMR

http://gfycat.com/PinkPeriodicBluet

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BldgIrsh

@melonfarmerz said:

@m3dude1 said:

Shiny textures and god rays don't make a good looking game. Somehow, peasants still don't know that. Actual technical feats like particle physics matter way more. See Arma 3. Yes, I stole it from PCMR

http://gfycat.com/PinkPeriodicBluet

It's glorious...

Anyways, inb4 (hahahaha smoke particles? this is what hermits hype now??)

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 kinectthedots

@jhonMalcovich said:

ico

@kinectthedots said:

So...since consoles are looking to poor this year is PC finally going to get a exclusive GOTY winner?

I mean if not then lol at herms being so desperate talking about PC "battering consoles" when the best games they get are still just multiplats shared with consoles.

In 2015 PC has no chance against consoles and all hermits know it, that's why thread creator put the 2015 disclaimer in the OP.

Also, Tropico 5 is also on PS4..All PC exclusives? Desperate attempts to inflate quality of PC lineup to gain some kind of moral fanboy victory and factually incorrect OP FTL

Tropico is not on PS4. It´s only planned for PS4. Big difference.

Dude it releases next month. Your entire OP is fail because you have to fall back on lies and misinformation just to make your argument seem appealing.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 clyde46

@kinectthedots said:

Also, Tropico 5 is also out on PS4, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter is coming to PS4 and Dreamfall chapers is going to be on everything even wiiU...All PC exclusives? Desperate attempts to inflate quality of PC exclusive lineup to gain some kind of moral fanboy victory and factually incorrect OP FTL

Tropico hasn't been a PC exclusive since Tropcio 3.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By kinectthedots

@clyde46 said:

@kinectthedots said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

... PC exclusive announcements haven´t stopped arriving...

Just this year, PC has got Tropico 5... plus superior versions of multiplats, and of course, plus xbox one launch excluisves.

And the year is far to be over and incoming PC games that we yet to play will be

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Dreamfall Chapters...QUOTE/

Shouldn't you have pointed that out to the TC instead of me? lol I didn't write the OP so your input, as informative as it may be, is aimed in the wrong direction.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BldgIrsh

@kinectthedots said:

@clyde46 said:

@kinectthedots said:

Shouldn't you have pointed that out to the TC instead of me? lol I didn't write the OP so your input, as informative as it may be, is aimed in the wrong direction.

"Some of the aforementioned games will come to consoles, but much later after the PC release."

5-6 months~ is quite some time.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By jhonMalcovich

@kinectthedots said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

ico

@kinectthedots said:

Also, Tropico 5 is also on PS4..All PC exclusives? Desperate attempts to inflate quality of PC lineup to gain some kind of moral fanboy victory and factually incorrect OP FTL

Tropico is not on PS4. It´s only planned for PS4. Big difference.

Dude it releases next month. Your entire OP is fail because you have to fall back on lies and misinformation just to make your argument seem appealing.

In whcih part of my post I called them PC exclusives ?

I even put the disclaimer

Some of the aforementioned games will come to consoles, but much later after the PC release.

which is completely true for any game listed.

As I had already said, consoles are living off late PC ports right now. Without PC, you would barely have games to play.

EDIT:

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter and Dreamfall Chapters are coming THIS MONTH ON PC ONLY.

Both games are not to be released on consoles this year.}

Both games are coming only to PS4 so far, not to any platform as you had claimed in case of Dreamfall Chapters.

So who´s spreading misinformation now. Lol.

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

@madsnakehhh said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

@Gue1 said:

Not sure which classics you're talking about (most of the remasters I've seen are of PS3, original Xbox and Xbox 360 games), but in the vast majority of cases you have to own a console to legally dump your games for an emulator anyway. So that's not really an argument against console ownership.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 RoboCopISJesus

@Gue1 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@m3dude1 said:

many of those games are either some niche trash no one cares about

Bullshit opinion. Troll.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By BldgIrsh

@noahproa said:

@bldgirsh said:

There's no difference from 800p to 4k. It's just resolution.

What console game is 800p you retard

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

@m3dude1 said:

Bringing up difficulty in a PC vs. Console thread, when everyone pretty much knows PC genres like pc-fps, rts, tbs, mmo,moba, some sims have higher skill caps and difficulty than anything on consoles...

Slick. Almost as dumb as doing pc vs console gfx debates. Dat landslide lose.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@melonfarmerz said:

It's funny because consolite's will ignore everything you just typed, and the entire thread demonstrating how PC is an open platform, and just spew BS about how they don't care because they can't play a fighter they like or Bloodborne or something like that. Then, Cranler will come in and derail the whole thing with his whole "Mac and Linux aren't PC's" argument.

Wow, people are obsessed with me here. I've sent Valve, Apple and Microsoft emails about system wars deciding that the pc is one platform. Hopefully they will see the light.

Anyways back on topic.

All those exclusives yet the top sellers on steam right now are Dead Rising 3 and La Noire.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

assuming 16:9 aspect ratio, 800p's width in px = 800/9*16 = resolution of 1422 x 800