OMFG Alan Wake >>>>>> Heavy Rain.

• 158 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Ribnarak
Member since 2008 • 2299 Posts

[QUOTE="Cruncha_Munch"]OMFG Alan Wake is going to destroy Heavy Rain. It's not even going to be close. Were do I begin. First off this guy in Heavy Rain walks like he has a pole jammed right up his ass. Second lets be honest the graphics in Heavy Rain do not look all that great. They are good but Alan Wake cleary looks much better. I mean come on guys Heavy Rain looks to be 7.5 at best. This game looks like total lameness. http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/heavy-rain-first-9-minutes/338509 I LMFAO when I saw him shake the controller to shake the OJ. That is SO WEAK. Whats he going to do next go shake his controller why he is in the shower. LMAObatman_is_aweso

thanks for your incite level 1 post 13

i will take your word for it

/sarcasm

never talk about post count. IT sounds stupid. We all started with 0 posts. So a posts does not determine whether a person's statement is worthwhile to read.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

[QUOTE="batman_is_aweso"]

[QUOTE="Cruncha_Munch"]OMFG Alan Wake is going to destroy Heavy Rain. It's not even going to be close. Were do I begin. First off this guy in Heavy Rain walks like he has a pole jammed right up his ass. Second lets be honest the graphics in Heavy Rain do not look all that great. They are good but Alan Wake cleary looks much better. I mean come on guys Heavy Rain looks to be 7.5 at best. This game looks like total lameness. http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/heavy-rain-first-9-minutes/338509 I LMFAO when I saw him shake the controller to shake the OJ. That is SO WEAK. Whats he going to do next go shake his controller why he is in the shower. LMAORibnarak

thanks for your incite level 1 post 13

i will take your word for it

/sarcasm

never talk about post count. IT sounds stupid. We all started with 0 posts. So a posts does not determine whether a person's statement is worthwhile to read.

completely agree with that ,actually,i certainly don't consider anything i said when i was level one as stupid, imo of course, we where all level 1 once ( a long time ago, in a galaxy far,far away), and we all have to start somewhere
Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#103 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

93soccer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#104 93soccer
Member since 2009 • 4602 Posts
OMFG Alan Wake is going to destroy Heavy Rain. It's not even going to be close. Were do I begin. First off this guy in Heavy Rain walks like he has a pole jammed right up his ass. Second lets be honest the graphics in Heavy Rain do not look all that great. They are good but Alan Wake cleary looks much better. I mean come on guys Heavy Rain looks to be 7.5 at best. This game looks like total lameness. http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/heavy-rain-first-9-minutes/338509 I LMFAO when I saw him shake the controller to shake the OJ. That is SO WEAK. Whats he going to do next go shake his controller why he is in the shower. LMAOCruncha_Munch
I think I am gonna agree with you there. Even if you're only level 1 and look like a fanboy, I watched the HR 9 minutes and then watched the old 3 minutes of AW and Alan Wake is gonna destroy it but they aren't that similar. Alan Wake is a psycological thriller game while Heavy Rain is more like an interactive movie
pstripl3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 pstripl3
Member since 2007 • 795 Posts
Oh please TC. All Alan wake got going for it is that its a linear third person shooter with a flash light. Uncharted 2 already has taken the crown for third person shooter. People try to mention story wise that Alan wake is suppose to be something special without having any reason to believe except that they are just fanboys. Heavy Rain storywise will crush any story line out there. Same makers of Indigo Prophecy which was success is making Heavy Rain so go and do some research before spewing garbage. Plus graphics wise its not even close. Alan wake looks like cartoon characters compared to Heavy Rain. That is fact and cannot be disputed. Go look at pics if you dont believe me. Heavy Rain is a psychological thrillers with multiple endings that will immerse players and get their heart pumping that will guarantee be a AAA or better. Thanks.
HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

Oh please TC. All Alan wake got going for it is that its a linear third person shooter with a flash light. Uncharted 2 already has taken the crown for third person shooter. People try to mention story wise that Alan wake is suppose to be something special without having any reason to believe except that they are just fanboys. Heavy Rain storywise will crush any story line out there. Same makers of Indigo Prophecy which was success is making Heavy Rain so go and do some research before spewing garbage. Plus graphics wise its not even close. Alan wake looks like cartoon characters compared to Heavy Rain. That is fact and cannot be disputed. Go look at pics if you dont believe me. Heavy Rain is a psychological thrillers with multiple endings that will immerse players and get their heart pumping that will guarantee be a AAA or better. Thanks.pstripl3

lol, you make fun of AW for being linear, then you list a linear game that has even more gunplay, classic.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

Why are you comparing a movie with a video game? They aren't even the same form of entertainment.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

Ribnarak

No it doesn't, because even though we all start with 0 we all didn't start with ridiculous posts, a low level account with ridiculous posts = a bait account. It's quite easy to separate the baiters from normal low level posters easily.

scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
I can't say that either of them appeal to me... but Alan Wake certainly does look better.
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#110 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Alan Wake = Mystery Action Game

Heavy Rain = Drama

Please look at these games as Movies and you'll see that it doesn't matter.

Panosola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Panosola
Member since 2006 • 2150 Posts
[QUOTE="Cruncha_Munch"]OMFG Alan Wake is going to destroy Heavy Rain. It's not even going to be close. Were do I begin. First off this guy in Heavy Rain walks like he has a pole jammed right up his ass. Second lets be honest the graphics in Heavy Rain do not look all that great. They are good but Alan Wake cleary looks much better. I mean come on guys Heavy Rain looks to be 7.5 at best. This game looks like total lameness. http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/heavy-rain-first-9-minutes/338509 I LMFAO when I saw him shake the controller to shake the OJ. That is SO WEAK. Whats he going to do next go shake his controller why he is in the shower. LMAO93soccer
I think I am gonna agree with you there. Even if you're only level 1 and look like a fanboy, I watched the HR 9 minutes and then watched the old 3 minutes of AW and Alan Wake is gonna destroy it but they aren't that similar. Alan Wake is a psycological thriller game while Heavy Rain is more like an interactive movie

I agree....they are different games but Alan Wake it is a lot better and i am sure it will be one of the best games this year.I have see the HR 9 minutes and i can't say the same for that.....it is just boring,i am not exciting at all.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#113 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Aside from the obvious fanboysim,saying thatAlan Wake looksbetter just shoots your credibility out the window, you and Panasola may as well team up.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#114 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

[QUOTE="93soccer"][QUOTE="Cruncha_Munch"]OMFG Alan Wake is going to destroy Heavy Rain. It's not even going to be close. Were do I begin. First off this guy in Heavy Rain walks like he has a pole jammed right up his ass. Second lets be honest the graphics in Heavy Rain do not look all that great. They are good but Alan Wake cleary looks much better. I mean come on guys Heavy Rain looks to be 7.5 at best. This game looks like total lameness. http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/heavy-rain-first-9-minutes/338509 I LMFAO when I saw him shake the controller to shake the OJ. That is SO WEAK. Whats he going to do next go shake his controller why he is in the shower. LMAOPanosola

I agree....they are different games but Alan Wake it is a lot better and i am sure it will be one of the best games this year.I have see the HR 9 minutes and i can't say the same for that.....it is just boring,i am not exciting at all.

Dude you know how silly that sounds. If you are agreeing they are different then you cant compare it. They are aiming at different gameplay.

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

I don't think either game looks worth buying. I'm just not a fan.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#116 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

Both games are must haves. Irrefutable fact.

asdasdrgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 asdasdrgr
Member since 2010 • 489 Posts

This thread confirms cows woukd rather have a bowl of poo for breakfast...

MizFitAwesome
This just confirms cows would rather have a adventure game with puzzle solving(using your brain), instead of another shooter(mindless one,from the gameplay).
fifamessi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 fifamessi
Member since 2009 • 825 Posts
[QUOTE="Ribnarak"]

what do you get out of this? Does it really make you happy inside that a PS3 game gets a low score, does it?

Cruncha_Munch
Really I do not care what the game scores. But lets be honest it does look pretty lame.

Ok, lets say it is lame, then what? lol no point. The more highly rated games, the better, no matter what console.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 BioShockOwnz

[QUOTE="MizFitAwesome"]

asdasdrgr

This just confirms cows would rather have a adventure game with puzzle solving(using your brain), instead of another shooter(mindless one,from the gameplay).

So you flesh out one game and dumb down another? That's fair. :roll:

Just buy a 360 and get both like me. Don't miss out.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts
]well when you get your mod status you can clean up system wars..daveg1
don't know why you feel the need to keep attacking me. i merely found something in his post to be a bit vulgar, and suggested his argument might carry more relevence without resorting to those tactics.
asdasdrgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 asdasdrgr

[QUOTE="asdasdrgr"][QUOTE="MizFitAwesome"]

BioShockOwnz

So you flesh out one game and dumb down another? That's fair. :roll:

Just buy a 360 and get both like me. Don't miss out.

It was a response to Miz and doesn't reflect my personal opinion about the games. Your sarcasm detectors aren't working :P
iamshivy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 iamshivy
Member since 2007 • 3565 Posts

in the right cornerwe got a game that is just a bunch of QTE and in the left corner, we got a game were a guy goes around killing ghosts with his flash like..

this looks like it's going to be a good fight..?? is this pay per view

NemeSyS-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 NemeSyS-1
Member since 2009 • 464 Posts

Id say they are 2 totally different games. Alan Wake is much more action oriented in the vein of Resident Evil or Condemned whereas from what I can tell, Heavy Rain will be very story driven and will have similar action to a game like Shenmue with alot of contextual button presses. Also once again, I can play both games as Ill get AW on PC and Heavy Rain on PS3.

MC3887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 MC3887
Member since 2009 • 1507 Posts

Id say they are 2 totally different games. Alan Wake is much more action oriented in the vein of Resident Evil or Condemned whereas from what I can tell, Heavy Rain will be very story driven and will have similar action to a game like Shenmue with alot of contextual button presses. Also once again, I can play both games as Ill get AW on PC and Heavy Rain on PS3.

NemeSyS-1

AW is not on PC:P

Bus-A-Bus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Bus-A-Bus
Member since 2009 • 5089 Posts

Both games are great,no doubt about that.But,AW is just a more compelling game,i mean its Remedy after all...

Shinobi7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Shinobi7777
Member since 2006 • 1064 Posts

Looks like a more immerssive version of Silent Hill...I love the graphics and gameplay so far...I need to play it to judge it for its story though.

Adventure games in general are more into story than any other games out there(It's not an Action game like Uncharted, GeoW,...etc).

asdasdrgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 asdasdrgr

Looks like a more immerssive version of Silent Hill...

Shinobi7777
Didn't see any pyramid heads :P
CleanNJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 CleanNJerk
Member since 2009 • 2104 Posts
[QUOTE="Cruncha_Munch"]OMFG Alan Wake is going to destroy Heavy Rain. It's not even going to be close. Were do I begin. First off this guy in Heavy Rain walks like he has a pole jammed right up his ass. Second lets be honest the graphics in Heavy Rain do not look all that great. They are good but Alan Wake cleary looks much better. I mean come on guys Heavy Rain looks to be 7.5 at best. This game looks like total lameness. http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/heavy-rain-first-9-minutes/338509 I LMFAO when I saw him shake the controller to shake the OJ. That is SO WEAK. Whats he going to do next go shake his controller why he is in the shower. LMAO

It's an interactive art form, way better than another game like Alan Wake, Heavy Rain is more like an experience for your PS3.Nuff said.
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
[QUOTE="CleanNJerk"][QUOTE="Cruncha_Munch"]OMFG Alan Wake is going to destroy Heavy Rain. It's not even going to be close. Were do I begin. First off this guy in Heavy Rain walks like he has a pole jammed right up his ass. Second lets be honest the graphics in Heavy Rain do not look all that great. They are good but Alan Wake cleary looks much better. I mean come on guys Heavy Rain looks to be 7.5 at best. This game looks like total lameness. http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/heavy-rain-first-9-minutes/338509 I LMFAO when I saw him shake the controller to shake the OJ. That is SO WEAK. Whats he going to do next go shake his controller why he is in the shower. LMAO

It's an interactive art form, way better than another game like Alan Wake, Heavy Rain is more like an experience for your PS3.Nuff said.

:lol: All games are an interactive art form.
CleanNJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 CleanNJerk
[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"][QUOTE="CleanNJerk"][QUOTE="Cruncha_Munch"]OMFG Alan Wake is going to destroy Heavy Rain. It's not even going to be close. Were do I begin. First off this guy in Heavy Rain walks like he has a pole jammed right up his ass. Second lets be honest the graphics in Heavy Rain do not look all that great. They are good but Alan Wake cleary looks much better. I mean come on guys Heavy Rain looks to be 7.5 at best. This game looks like total lameness. http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/heavy-rain-first-9-minutes/338509 I LMFAO when I saw him shake the controller to shake the OJ. That is SO WEAK. Whats he going to do next go shake his controller why he is in the shower. LMAO

:lol: All games are an interactive art form.

Sure but Heavy Rain is quite unique. I hardly consider Rouge Warriore an art form, more like things pull out of someone's...
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

I'm awaiting both heavily. Don't see why you have to belittle one. I still find it funny that some people think that Alan Wake is on pc though. It is officially a 360 exclusive. NO other platform. Same goes for Heavy Rain and PS3. Both are going to be great. Leave the childish fanboy stuff on the side.

brumley53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 brumley53
Member since 2007 • 287 Posts

OMFG Alan Wake is going to destroy Heavy Rain. It's not even going to be close. Were do I begin. First off this guy in Heavy Rain walks like he has a pole jammed right up his ass. Second lets be honest the graphics in Heavy Rain do not look all that great. They are good but Alan Wake cleary looks much better. I mean come on guys Heavy Rain looks to be 7.5 at best. This game looks like total lameness. http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/heavy-rain-first-9-minutes/338509 I LMFAO when I saw him shake the controller to shake the OJ. That is SO WEAK. Whats he going to do next go shake his controller why he is in the shower. LMAOCruncha_Munch

Heavy Rain = original concept

Alan Wake = silent hill with too much bloom

just because your stupid and dont want to try something new doesnt mean that its a horrible game, not that alan wake will be a bad game its just not going to be as original.

z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#133 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts

am i the only person that noticed the TS is a Lvl 1 Troll?

Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts

Flashlight simulator and an interactive movie. I want to play both.

vaderhater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 vaderhater
Member since 2003 • 3972 Posts

[QUOTE="Cruncha_Munch"]OMFG Alan Wake is going to destroy Heavy Rain. It's not even going to be close. Were do I begin. First off this guy in Heavy Rain walks like he has a pole jammed right up his ass. Second lets be honest the graphics in Heavy Rain do not look all that great. They are good but Alan Wake cleary looks much better. I mean come on guys Heavy Rain looks to be 7.5 at best. This game looks like total lameness. http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/heavy-rain-first-9-minutes/338509 I LMFAO when I saw him shake the controller to shake the OJ. That is SO WEAK. Whats he going to do next go shake his controller why he is in the shower. LMAObrumley53

just because your stupid and dont want to try something new doesnt mean that its a horrible game, not that alan wake will be a bad game its just not going to be as original.

Original concept does not = fun.

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts

[QUOTE="brumley53"]

[QUOTE="Cruncha_Munch"]OMFG Alan Wake is going to destroy Heavy Rain. It's not even going to be close. Were do I begin. First off this guy in Heavy Rain walks like he has a pole jammed right up his ass. Second lets be honest the graphics in Heavy Rain do not look all that great. They are good but Alan Wake cleary looks much better. I mean come on guys Heavy Rain looks to be 7.5 at best. This game looks like total lameness. http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/heavy-rain-first-9-minutes/338509 I LMFAO when I saw him shake the controller to shake the OJ. That is SO WEAK. Whats he going to do next go shake his controller why he is in the shower. LMAOvaderhater

Original concept does not = fun.

But original concept does not always=horrible. Tis the point we're trying to make.
cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts
I'm not stoked for either game. I really think I'm the only person with a PS3 not excited for Heavy Rain. I hope it's good and I'm totally wrong, but Heavy Rain looks like a movie that asks for my input at certain points ... or one of those Goosebumps books that lets you decide what "you" do next by turning to a certain page. I'm not paying $60 for a digital Goosebumps book.
LOXO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 LOXO7
Member since 2008 • 5595 Posts

Lets see AW tutorial and compare. :D No, wait, that will be too hard.

ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 ShadowriverUB
Member since 2009 • 5515 Posts

Lets see AW tutorial and compare. :D No, wait, that will be too hard.

LOXO7

I would LMAO big time if Alan Wake would begin with daily activities ^^

CleanNJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 CleanNJerk

Flashlight simulator and an interactive movie. I want to play both.

Kahuna_1
Oh joy. Ju-on The Grudge, for the Wii... Remember that flashlight simulator? lol
HermitGTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 HermitGTX
Member since 2009 • 541 Posts

I am excited for this game

caseystryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#142 caseystryker
Member since 2005 • 5421 Posts

Is is me or does Alan Wake look a lot like Alone in the Dark?

MC3887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 MC3887
Member since 2009 • 1507 Posts

caseystryker

was in development before alone in the dark was announced, but alot of people say that.

walkerctranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#144 walkerctranger
Member since 2006 • 1477 Posts

Sure cause one is just another shooter and the other is actually trying something different, so alan wake MUST be better

ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 ShadowriverUB
Member since 2009 • 5515 Posts

[QUOTE="caseystryker"]

MC3887

was in development before alone in the dark was announced, but alot of people say that.

Alone in the Dark is very old series

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts
Looks boring. I'm sure it will have a good storyline, but its just that, a story, the gameplay looks so drab.
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
Why the hell are people comparing an Adventure game with a Survival Horror game? How did they get some stupid "rivalry?"
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 BioShockOwnz

[QUOTE="MC3887"]

[QUOTE="caseystryker"]

ShadowriverUB

Alone in the Dark is very old series

Yeah, but that's NOT what he meant. He meant the current generation version of AitD.

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts

what do you get out of this? Does it really make you happy inside that a PS3 game gets a low score, does it?

Ribnarak
Does it?
nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

making orange juice (HR) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> staring at a jacket (AW)

I rest my case. 8)