OMFG Alan Wake >>>>>> Heavy Rain.

• 158 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cruncha_Munch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Cruncha_Munch
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
OMFG Alan Wake is going to destroy Heavy Rain. It's not even going to be close. Were do I begin. First off this guy in Heavy Rain walks like he has a pole jammed right up his ass. Second lets be honest the graphics in Heavy Rain do not look all that great. They are good but Alan Wake cleary looks much better. I mean come on guys Heavy Rain looks to be 7.5 at best. This game looks like total lameness. http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/heavy-rain-first-9-minutes/338509 I LMFAO when I saw him shake the controller to shake the OJ. That is SO WEAK. Whats he going to do next go shake his controller why he is in the shower. LMAO
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29822 Posts

i think they are completely different games.

Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ribnarak
Member since 2008 • 2299 Posts

what do you get out of this? Does it really make you happy inside that a PS3 game gets a low score, does it?

Idream2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Idream2010
Member since 2010 • 469 Posts

what do you get out of this? Does it really make you happy inside that a PS3 game gets a low score, does it?

Ribnarak

i agree I wanted Heavy Rain to be as awesome as they said it would be, but seriously the game QTE borefest isnt for me.

oreojones18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 oreojones18
Member since 2009 • 112 Posts

idk what ur talking about heavy rain already got a 9 one some website idk where someone on the forums posted it, and you cant compare the two of them anyway, the two games arent even close to eachother, alan wake is ment to ne like silent hill and has one basic storyline while heavy rain is like a detective story where theres alot of different possblitiies, if a characters dies in the game thats is for him he doesnt come back, making each time through be very uniquie, so you cant even compare the two games

Cruncha_Munch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Cruncha_Munch

Ribnarak
Really I do not care what the game scores. But lets be honest it does look pretty lame.
Cruncha_Munch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Cruncha_Munch

idk what ur talking about heavy rain already got a 9 one some website idk where someone on the forums posted it, and you cant compare the two of them anyway, the two games arent even close to eachother, alan wake is ment to ne like silent hill and has one basic storyline while heavy rain is like a detective story where theres alot of different possblitiies, if a characters dies in the game thats is for him he doesnt come back, making each time through be very uniquie, so you cant even compare the two games

oreojones18
The 2 games can be compared they are both going for that interactive story drivien game. And Alan Wake looks to be much better.
daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts

Ribnarak
LOL thta was funny..not on his behalf though
racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#9 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
Heavy rain does look pretty bad, but Alan wake could flop aswell.
moose_knuckler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 moose_knuckler
Member since 2007 • 5722 Posts
To each his own, it's gonna be more of a love it or hate it game compared to Indigo Prophecy with how some will react to some of those actions (shaving and what not). I hope there's not too much of that though or I may not enjoy it as much as I hoped.
Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ribnarak

[QUOTE="Ribnarak"]

Cruncha_Munch

Really I do not care what the game scores. But lets be honest it does look pretty lame.

even as a ps3 owner, i know that A.W. will sell more, be more appealing, and probably score better? Why, because its just more of a "game" than heavy rain. I know heavy rain is going to do something new or try to with its QTE, but yeah it needs to do something more. Maybe make it more adventurous. But yeah i just hope Heavy rain turns out well.

kolkov01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kolkov01
Member since 2009 • 2350 Posts
why are we even comparing the two?
shikakrinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 shikakrinks
Member since 2005 • 451 Posts

oh noes... heavy rain is going to be crushed by alan wake. what should i do? haha

moose_knuckler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 moose_knuckler
Member since 2007 • 5722 Posts

oreojones18
You know you did a little bit of a comparison between the two yourself, right? k just pointing out
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#15 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
Not even the same kind of game. People have different interests, I'm sure there are a few people who aren't excited about Alan Wake here and are in fact pumped about Heavy Rain.
oreojones18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 oreojones18
Member since 2009 • 112 Posts

almost every game is an interactive story drivin game, just to tell ya, its like comparing Uncharted 2 to Halo 3 they have nothing to do with eachother

MizFitAwesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MizFitAwesome
Member since 2009 • 2745 Posts

Not even the same kind of game. People have different interests, I'm sure there are a few people who aren't excited about Alan Wake here and are in fact pumped about Heavy Rain.siLVURcross

Yeah, I'm sure there are plenty of people looking forward to making a middle aged man shower up and eat breakfast...

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 clone01
[QUOTE="Cruncha_Munch"] Were do I begin. First off this guy in Heavy Rain walks like he has a pole jammed right up his ***.

vulgarity is not going to really help your argument. that, and the fact that you've provided pure opinion with absolutely no factual basis.
MizFitAwesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MizFitAwesome
Member since 2009 • 2745 Posts

why are we even comparing the two?kolkov01

Its like asking what would you want for breakfast: eggs and bacon (AW) or a bowl of poo (HR)?

kolkov01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kolkov01
Member since 2009 • 2350 Posts

[QUOTE="kolkov01"]why are we even comparing the two?MizFitAwesome

Its like asking what would you want for breakfast: eggs and bacon (AW) or a bowl of poo (HR)?

that's not what I meant. the games are completly different.
ZippySlappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ZippySlappy
Member since 2009 • 2664 Posts
Both looks like flops.
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

expected this from a lem...

Anyway im gonna weigh in i see Heavy rain more like a CYOA comic in a sense its gonna be diffrent and offers a lot of possibilities and makes each gameplay unique.

Alan wake on the other hand just seems like another survival horror and imo seems to be looking butchered i was looking forward to it on some of its premise like openworld etc but its failed to deliver it might still be a good game but it was just something that made it looked diffrent.

gamer-adam1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gamer-adam1
Member since 2008 • 4188 Posts

i doubht many gamers would play Heavy Rain now adays, maybe in the past but most people want shooters

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 clone01

[QUOTE="siLVURcross"]Not even the same kind of game. People have different interests, I'm sure there are a few people who aren't excited about Alan Wake here and are in fact pumped about Heavy Rain.MizFitAwesome

Yeah, I'm sure there are plenty of people looking forward to making a middle aged man shower up and eat breakfast...

obviously, you haven't really done much research into Heavy Rain. i think the story is going to be great. yes, its an adventure game. you apparently don't like that genre, which is fine. however, i think your time would be better served providing constructive input rather than needlessly bashing other people's preferences.
daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 daveg1
[QUOTE="clone01"][QUOTE="Cruncha_Munch"] Were do I begin. First off this guy in Heavy Rain walks like he has a pole jammed right up his ***.

vulgarity is not going to really help your argument. that, and the fact that you've provided pure opinion with absolutely no factual basis.

is this an exam or something??? lighten up man its just a gaming forum..
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#26 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts

Well the bowl of poo would have already processed eggs and bacon, yum.
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 clone01

i doubht many gamers would play Heavy Rain now adays, maybe in the past but most people want shooters

gamer-adam1
i agree...i do think its going to be a fairly niche title. if its anything like farenheit or indigo prophecy, i'll be happy. certainly not a game for everyone, though.
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 clone01
[QUOTE="daveg1"][QUOTE="clone01"][QUOTE="Cruncha_Munch"] Were do I begin. First off this guy in Heavy Rain walks like he has a pole jammed right up his ***.

you don't think the TCs line could be regarded as a bit offensive? secondly, i think its pretty obvious what he's trying to do with this thread.
Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ribnarak

ok the two sides to this:

1. Dont compare the two because they are of different genres. I agree with this because you cant really compare an action oriented/thriller like silent hill (alan wake)with a more subtle game like HEavy Rain. for example, comparing a sports game with uncharted.

2. The second side is saying that it can be compared because both are justgames (in general): with a story. I dont agree to this because 90% of the time, every game has a story. LIke the guy posted: "eggs and bacon" for breakfast. It doesnt make sense because obviously they are games, but now lets get past that notion and see what each game has to offer in its own unique way. ONly then can we decide which gives a better experience, a newer type of experience, etc.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

Ribnarak
he's expressing his opinion, he thinks alan wake is better than heavy rain, he's entitled to his opinion,just as you are entitled to disagree,i personally think heavy rain looks better than alan wake, but it is a QTE borefest as far as i am concerned, so alan wake is the better game as far as i am concerned
shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts
[QUOTE="Ribnarak"]

Cruncha_Munch

well you clearly do care because there on different platforms, so one does not effect the other in any way.
Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ribnarak

[QUOTE="Ribnarak"]

delta3074

he's expressing his opinion, he thinks alan wake is better than heavy rain, he's entitled to his opinion,just as you are entitled to disagree,i personally think heavy rain looks better than alan wake, but it is a QTE borefest as far as i am concerned, so alan wake is the better game as far as i am concerned

I just wrote that because, of the topic title :P. But yeah i know what you mean.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 clone01
[QUOTE="Cruncha_Munch"]I can not see how anyone can try and claim they are 2 different games. that is BS. And nothing more then trying to use a fake defense to cover that how lame HR is looking now. They are both interative thriller type games. Yes they both have a different story. But they are both clearly interactive thriller games. So tell me again how they are not in the same game type? Yeah really you can't so stop making such BS claims.

so mario kart and forza 3 aren't different types of games. i mean, they both have racing, right?
daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 daveg1
[QUOTE="clone01"][QUOTE="daveg1"][QUOTE="clone01"] vulgarity is not going to really help your argument. that, and the fact that you've provided pure opinion with absolutely no factual basis.

you don't think the TCs line could be regarded as a bit offensive? secondly, i think its pretty obvious what he's trying to do with this thread.

i dont get it when people get offended with stuff like that..he isnt directing anything at anyone as personal.anyway dont let this thread turn into that its about the game.. this is system wars ofcourse hes slamming the game for things he thinks it should be slammed for..
Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ribnarak

[QUOTE="Cruncha_Munch"][QUOTE="Ribnarak"]

shabab12

well you clearly do care because there on different platforms, so one does not effect the other in any way.

this is what i was trying to point out. It doesnt affect him (unless he has a ps3). but comeon, its a game: they sometimes do bad, and sometimes they do well. You cant expect a game to be always the best when it comes out. If it gets a low score, who cares.

Cruncha_Munch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Cruncha_Munch
[QUOTE="clone01"][QUOTE="Cruncha_Munch"]I can not see how anyone can try and claim they are 2 different games. that is BS. And nothing more then trying to use a fake defense to cover that how lame HR is looking now. They are both interative thriller type games. Yes they both have a different story. But they are both clearly interactive thriller games. So tell me again how they are not in the same game type? Yeah really you can't so stop making such BS claims.

so mario kart and forza 3 aren't different types of games. i mean, they both have racing, right?

Yes they both fall into the same game type RACING just like AW and HR are the same game type interactive story games. Just becuase each have a different story to be told. They both are still interactive story games.
Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ribnarak

[QUOTE="Cruncha_Munch"]I can not see how anyone can try and claim they are 2 different games. that is BS. And nothing more then trying to use a fake defense to cover that how lame HR is looking now. They are both interative thriller type games. Yes they both have a different story. But they are both clearly interactive thriller games. So tell me again how they are not in the same game type? Yeah really you can't so stop making such BS claims.clone01

nice example. This is exactly what i was trying to say earlier. Each game has a different uniqueness. You seriously can't say FORza 3 is better than MK or the other way around, its just that each game does some better than the other in some aspects.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

I'll take the bowl of poo just to spite you.

You also should actually look into a game like Heavy Rain before you bash it. If you think all the game is about is having a character bathe, eat, etc than it just shows you don't know very much about the game

Kandlegoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Kandlegoat
Member since 2009 • 3147 Posts

Ribnarak

well if it isnt the pot calling the kettle black.

Kandlegoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Kandlegoat
Member since 2009 • 3147 Posts

the games arent comparable whatsoever.

Cruncha_Munch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Cruncha_Munch

[QUOTE="shabab12"][QUOTE="Cruncha_Munch"] Really I do not care what the game scores. But lets be honest it does look pretty lame.Ribnarak

this is what i was trying to point out. It doesnt affect him (unless he has a ps3). but comeon, its a game: they sometimes do bad, and sometimes they do well. You cant expect a game to be always the best when it comes out. If it gets a low score, who cares.

I'm playing Darksiders on my PS3 right now. This has nothing to do with what system. It has to do with from what we see Alan Wake >>> Heavy Rain and yes they are both interactive story telling games.
Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#43 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts

So I figured coming into this thread that there were some awesome features, or something amazing just announced about alan wake. Nope, just a fanboy rant with nothing worth reading. sigh :/

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 delta3074

Kandlegoat
spot on,ones a survival horror the other is a QTE borefest
Cruncha_Munch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Cruncha_Munch

Kandlegoat
Right becuasee Alan Wake has nothing to do with being story drivin or interacting with the enviorment? Ueah right Come on people. http://kotaku.com/5404421/alan-wake-gameplay-comes-to-in-all+new-video
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 clone01
[QUOTE="daveg1"]i dont get it when people get offended with stuff like that..he isnt directing anything at anyone as personal.anyway dont let this thread turn into that its about the game.. this is system wars ofcourse hes slamming the game for things he thinks it should be slammed for..

yes, for the specific reason of starting a flame war.
daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 daveg1
[QUOTE="clone01"][QUOTE="daveg1"]i dont get it when people get offended with stuff like that..he isnt directing anything at anyone as personal.anyway dont let this thread turn into that its about the game.. this is system wars ofcourse hes slamming the game for things he thinks it should be slammed for..

people should stop making threads in here all together then talking about games they dont like..
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 clone01
[QUOTE="daveg1"] yes, for the specific reason of starting a flame war. [QUOTE="Cruncha_Munch"][QUOTE="clone01"][QUOTE="Cruncha_Munch"]I can not see how anyone can try and claim they are 2 different games. that is BS. And nothing more then trying to use a fake defense to cover that how lame HR is looking now. They are both interative thriller type games. Yes they both have a different story. But they are both clearly interactive thriller games. So tell me again how they are not in the same game type? Yeah really you can't so stop making such BS claims.

Yes they both fall into the same game type RACING just like AW and HR are the same game type interactive story games. Just becuase each have a different story to be told. They both are still interactive story games.

gotcha. so, according to you, going by this same chain of logic, every single game made would be an interactive story game, right? i mean, games come down to a series of button presses/motions. so that means we can compare, say, madden, to alan wake.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 delta3074
[QUOTE="clone01"][QUOTE="daveg1"]i dont get it when people get offended with stuff like that..he isnt directing anything at anyone as personal.anyway dont let this thread turn into that its about the game.. this is system wars ofcourse hes slamming the game for things he thinks it should be slammed for..

system WARS dude
Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#50 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts

[QUOTE="Kandlegoat"]

delta3074

spot on,ones a survival horror the other is a QTE borefest

QTE borefest? you've played it!?
I'd probably rather play a QTE borefest then point a flashlight at spirits LOL. I mean, I'd be surprised if you even used your face buttons in Alan Wake.
See what I did there? I made an opinion based on a game that I've only seen the trailers and haven't played.