Official E3 Microsoft Thread || Xbox One X @ $499 + a whole lot of games!

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#251 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

I'm here for the games and less about scorpio.

GordonFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#252 GordonFreeman
Member since 2017 • 588 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

I'm here for the games and less about scorpio.

My biggest hope is the revival of an old IP, Mech Assault, Bloodwake, something of that nature.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eb6f92daae05
deactivated-5eb6f92daae05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#253  Edited By deactivated-5eb6f92daae05
Member since 2015 • 916 Posts

Hahaha man, love or hate Microsoft, this thread already 6 pages in deep while Nintendo & Sony are slim pickings...lmao. Microsoft sure has attracted the lot of you!

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254  Edited By DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:
@drlostrib said:

In this thread, E3 conferences are now House of Cards

Is that you SNIPER?

E3 only for casual gamers. like halo that killed FPS

Wont be any hardcore games like STALKER

airraidjet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#255 airraidjet
Member since 2006 • 834 Posts

Project Scorpio will be called Xbox Scorpio

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1389412

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 DrLostRib

@tormentos said:
@gordonfreeman said:

Is this actually you?

How do you even know him is a better question,he was gone before you even join up...hahahahahaa

Some of you don't really know how to hide well...lol

Who is this new user?

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257  Edited By scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

@ronvalencia said:
@scatteh316 said:
@ronvalencia said:
@scatteh316 said:

1. So you've avoided my question then...... They've also improved the MSAA which would increase bandwidth usage but a 0.2fps drop indicates to me it's nothing

2. but a code issue, it could of simply of been caused by a disk read or HDD access.

Simply saying it has issues with alpha affects with absolutely nothing to back it up is extremely silly........

3. And yet again using PC hardware performance as an indication of Scorpio is just plain idiotic, the 1070 in the above video is being push by a much, much faster CPU then what Scorpio has and the 1070 has more memory, more bandwidth, more fill rate........

1. I haven't avoided it. Again, drop to less than 60 fps indicates head room issues, hence it's lack of 1440p resolution boost. PS4 Pro's 0.5 GB memory storage increase could be another problem e.g. not enough storage space for additional performance memory cache.

2. So you've avoided my question. Again, drop to less than 60 fps indicates head room issues, hence it's lack of 1440p resolution boost.

3. The programmers for Dirt 4 has indicated Scorpio has 4K 60 fps potential. Again, read http://gamingbolt.com/dirt-4-running-at-4k60fps-on-xbox-scorpio-is-theoretically-possible-ps4xbox-one-version-may-use-dynamic-resolution

XBO version has 1600 x 900p to 1920 x 1080p dynamic resolution and Scorpio was designed to boost these XBO resolution targets to 4K. Scorpio's 9 GB game memory can support PC's higher quality art assets.

The game physics/AI already has 60 hz update rate on console hardware.

Here we go, education time...

1 & 2. Any drop in frame rate can be caused BY ANYTHING..... bad code can cause performance issues and that is not a head room issue is it? It's an optimisation issue. Even PC games can get frame rate drops due to I/O or background processes. Once again you're speaking out of your ass without any viable evidence other then 'because you say so argument' - You are doing nothing but guess work and don't have a damn clue.

3. Read your link again... 'THEORETICALLY" possible.... is not the same as 'IS POSSIBLE' - And yes Scorpio is designed to run 900p/1080p Xbone games at 4k.... AT XBONE QUALITY SETTINGS...... Remember Pro is running at 1080p with INCREASED quality settings.

And as highlighted above, if Pro is stuck at 1080p (Again no proof to say it is) how is Scorpio going to render Dirt 4 at 4x the resolution with only a ~50% performance advantage? Teh secret sauce? teh cloud?

1 and 2. It's you who needs education. Again, so you've avoided my question with excuses.

You still underestimating memory storage and bandwidth increase.

Scorpio's 9 GB vs PS4 Pro's 5.5 GB = ~1.63X or ~63 percent higher

Scorpio's 326 GB/s phy BW vs PS4 Pro's 218 GB/s phy BW = ~1.50X or ~50 percent higher

Scorpio's 6 TFLOPS FP32 vs PS4 Pro's 4.2 TFLOPS FP32 = 1.43X or 43 percent higher

This is not another PS4 vs XBO situation when both consoles has about 5 GB game storage and similar memory bandwidth.

Now, your education.

Scorpio's ~66 percent GPU usage Forza example has XBO gfx setting with 4K assets and dynamic weather.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1359173&page=1

2 days to port onto Scorpio with no optimizations to it's hardware at all

Ran Forza 6 with 4k assets,

Dynamic Weather added

Native 4k

Locked 60fps

GPU usage 55%-70%

Settings cranked up to pc ultra with gpu usage hovering around 88% with some spikes to 100%. same high LOD car model for ALL cars even cars 100s ft away Again with no optimizations, aka brute force running on Scorpio

XBO FM6 build doesn't have dynamic weather! Hint: Scorpio's Forza reveal is actually closer to Horzion 3 build since this game has dynamic weather.

3. It's the same as Project Cars 2 developer's comment on Scorpio.

Forza is not DiRT..... DiRT is not Forza..... using how one game uses hardware to gauge how another will is a dumb fucking argument.

And you've not explained how Scorpio is going to do 4x as much with only 50% more, other then quoting a bunch of numbers which:

a. I'm fully aware of

b. Highlight my point that it's only ~50% more and yet is expected to do 4x as many pixels

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258  Edited By emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

@gordonfreeman said:
@lrdfancypants said:

@emgesp:

I agree 100%. I'd be shocked if they say $499.

Why? The GPU in that system alone if dedicated would equate to roughly $300 in the PC market, it's superior to a 390X, anyone who would actually be shocked by $499 is obviously clueless.

@Chutebox said:

Not surprising if true. They're most likely not looking to sell a shit load of these from the get go.

Not to mention natural price trends and cost cuts over time.

Consumer prices for PC parts are irrelevant to what Microsoft and Sony pay for mass produced APUs. The APU in the Scorpio is really not that much more expensive than the Pro's. Same CPU, Polaris based GPU like the Pro but with 4 extra compute units. Its really the higher clock rates that got it to the 6 Tflops goal.

The extra 4 GB's of Ram is probably the most expensive part in the Scorpio compared to the Pro. UHD Blu-ray assembly in late 2016 was only $15 more expensive than a standard Blu-ray assembly. The price is sure to come down even more in late 2017, so really its probably not even worth mentioning the UHD player within the bill of materials to try and justify a $500 price point. Unless they bundle in the Elite Controller and or a 2TB HDD I don't see why on Earth the Scorpio should be priced at $500 for a late 2017 release. This is exactly what a $399.99 console looks like in late 2017.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259  Edited By loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

@airraidjet said:

It's a cool name, just keep it.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@gordonfreeman said:

I wouldn't agree with that, assuming the Xbox One was at like 19 million when this feature came out and likely at 30 million now, that's like 20 hours per person if absolutely everyone on the platform was using it.

do you know what 20 hours per person is divided by more than 550 days?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#261 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@emgesp said:
@gordonfreeman said:
@lrdfancypants said:

@emgesp:

I agree 100%. I'd be shocked if they say $499.

Why? The GPU in that system alone if dedicated would equate to roughly $300 in the PC market, it's superior to a 390X, anyone who would actually be shocked by $499 is obviously clueless.

@Chutebox said:

Not surprising if true. They're most likely not looking to sell a shit load of these from the get go.

Not to mention natural price trends and cost cuts over time.

Consumer prices for PC parts are irrelevant to what Microsoft and Sony pay for mass produced APUs. The APU in the Scorpio is really not that much more expensive than the Pro's. Same CPU, Polaris based GPU like the Pro but with 4 extra compute units. Its really the higher clock rates that got it to the 6 Tflops goal.

The extra 4 GB's of Ram is probably the most expensive part in the Scorpio compared to the Pro. UHD Blu-ray assembly in late 2016 was only $15 more expensive than a standard Blu-ray assembly, so the price is sure to come down even more in late 2017, so really its probably not even worth mentioning the UHD player within the bill of materials to try and justify a $500 price point.

The cooling solution, though. The original PS3 had the same issue. The heat sink in that thing was bonkers, but the Scorpio's phase exchange cooling is a whole new level. Paying for a custom part like that is a bit of coin.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 deactivated-5eb6f92daae05

Aside from the hardcore cows screaming dead on arrival if it isn't priced at $399, most of us here assumed it would be around the $499 price range, even myself included in numerous past posts. Some even thought it would cost more than $499 give that Microsoft stated it was a "premium" product. Anyways, I'm loving that they might keep the name Scorpio, it is a great name and sounds cool...lol. Definitely excited for Microsoft in the coming hours to see what they have planned, but I'm definitely pre-ordering one, so for me, this isn't dead on arrival :)

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 tormentos

lol so it start...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 deactivated-5eb6f92daae05

@tormentos said:

lol so it start...

Just cave in and buy one...lol

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 tormentos

@kinky-unikorn said:

I probably will even at $500 still a good deal.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 deactivated-5eb6f92daae05

@tormentos said:
@kinky-unikorn said:

Yeah, please do, maybe Ron will shut the hell up for once with his stupid charts and graphs...lmao

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 tormentos

@kinky-unikorn said:

Yeah, please do, maybe Ron will shut the hell up for once with his stupid charts and graphs...lmao

I think if i buy an Scorpio he would probably change sides to just to go against me..hahahahaha

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268  Edited By emgesp

@Shewgenja said:

The cooling solution, though. The original PS3 had the same issue. The heat sink in that thing was bonkers, but the Scorpio's phase exchange cooling is a whole new level. Paying for a custom part like that is a bit of coin.

OK, let's say it costs an extra $15 compared to the standard fan cooler they used before. Still don't see where a $500 price point is justified. Phil just wants his mic drop moment, that is all.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 emgesp

@tormentos said:
@kinky-unikorn said:

Not really.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@Desmonic said:

Whelp. I called it.

Here's hoping MS takes a gamble and surprises us all with not $499 (though, it seems unlikely at this point in time).

$499 does not sound bad tho, even it bring some lolz here in sw

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Stupid name imo, reminds me of one of those Xxx_Beast_Master_xxX douchebag live/PSN names :D :D :D

@airraidjet said:

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Gotta love this forum.

"Exclusives are everything ... multiplats/remasters dont count" <--- Every Sony Drone all of this Gen.

Now you all won't shut up about Scorpio ..... an exclusiveless walled garden HTPC........

Love the double standards.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 emgesp

@Epak_ said:

Stupid name imo, reminds me of one of those Xxx_Beast_Master_xxX douchebag live/PSN names :D :D :D

@airraidjet said:

Better than Xbox One.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#275 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44177 Posts

I think Scorpio is a pretty good name myself, may as well go with it.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#276  Edited By oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

MS thread already at 6 pages.

I thought cows said Scorpio had no hype?

??

Its pretty much all anyone here at E3 is talking about so far.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 scatteh316

@airraidjet said:

I like the Scorpio name...... I actually preferred Pro when it was called Neo....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 deactivated-5eb6f92daae05

@Epak_ said:

@airraidjet said:

Those names are stupid because they have the "XXX" in front of them and ending with them...lmfao. Scorpio is one of the better names I've heard for a console in a long time. Much better than Xbox One or Playstation Pro...lol

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

The sad thing is is that I can already tell that MS's whole conference is going to be judged on Scorpio's price... which is ridiculous. Everyone (including the media) decided long ago that it'd be 'DOA' if it wasn't $399... now that it looks like it'll be $499 (which was always more realistic), everyone has made up their minds that it's all over. It's beyond ridiculous.

I can guarantee that if Sony announced a similar spec'd console and priced it at $499, everyone would be fine with it.

Anyway, bring on the conference!

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

I mean, after a year of calling it Scorpio I'm so used to it that the name makes perfect sense :P Likewise, if the Switch had retained it's "NX" name, I wouldn't have minded. Of course, no idea how good either these project names would be/are for marketing.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 Epak_

@kinky-unikorn said:
@Epak_ said:

@airraidjet said:

Those names are stupid because they have the "XXX" in front of them and ending with them...lmfao. Scorpio is one of the better names I've heard for a console in a long time. Much better than Xbox One or Playstation Pro...lol

Meh, maybe it sounds good to an English speaker, but to me (European) it sounds tacky.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282  Edited By Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

Should call it xbox 2 and drop the mic.

sony full panic mode haha.

anyway.

499 thing is doa. 399 is to expensive even on top of it. thing needs to sell at 299. but that's never going to happen.

So yea. good luck there microsoft.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 deactivated-5eb6f92daae05

@Epak_ said:
@kinky-unikorn said:
@Epak_ said:

@airraidjet said:

Meh, maybe it sounds good to an English speaker, but to me (European) it sounds tacky.

Any suggestions for a better name than the Scorpio? Curious to see what you would prefer as a name...lol. No judgement!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 deactivated-5eb6f92daae05

@hrt_rulz01 said:

The sad thing is is that I can already tell that MS's whole conference is going to be judged on Scorpio's price... which is ridiculous. Everyone (including the media) decided long ago that it'd be 'DOA' if it wasn't $399... now that it looks like it'll be $499 (which was always more realistic), everyone has made up their minds that it's all over. It's beyond ridiculous.

I can guarantee that if Sony announced a similar spec'd console and priced it at $499, everyone would be fine with it.

Anyway, bring on the conference!

The hardcore cows have been claiming this thing dead on arrival since it's announcement all because Xbox "never" had games...which is weird, because I've played Forza Horizon III, Halo, Gears, Rainbow Six: Siege, etc. I'm not sure what those are called if not games...lol

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285  Edited By aroxx_ab

@MBirdy88 said:

Gotta love this forum.

"Exclusives are everything ... multiplats/remasters dont count" <--- Every Sony Drone all of this Gen.

Now you all won't shut up about Scorpio ..... an exclusiveless walled garden HTPC........

Love the double standards.

If you only get one platform each generation, exclusives is all that matters when choosing between 2 similar systems.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286  Edited By DrLostRib

@kinky-unikorn said:
@Epak_ said:
@kinky-unikorn said:
@Epak_ said:

Any suggestions for a better name than the Scorpio? Curious to see what you would prefer as a name...lol. No judgement!

Xbox One Elite Pro 360 Swag Edition

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 Epak_

@kinky-unikorn said:
@Epak_ said:
@kinky-unikorn said:
@Epak_ said:

@airraidjet said:

Well something with some class, not an animal or some MTV gangsta rapper name LOL. At this point the name could as well be Xbox Mega Fire Ultra Force or something :P

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 aroxx_ab

@drlostrib said:
@kinky-unikorn said:
@Epak_ said:
@kinky-unikorn said:
@Epak_ said:

lol Xbox Pro had been a nice jab at Sony ^^

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

@kinky-unikorn: Lol yeah.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@Gatygun said:

Should call it xbox 2 and drop the mic.

sony full panic mode haha.

Why would they be in panic mode?

People will buy the cheaper console with more games and more of their friends playing on it...

Microsoft would be shooting themselves in the foot.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 DrLostRib

@aroxx_ab said:
@drlostrib said:
@kinky-unikorn said:

lol Xbox Pro had been a nice jab at Sony ^^

They sadly shot themselves in the foot by already using the name Xbox One Elite earlier in the gen

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

Being from the UK when I hear Scorpio I think if this

The Ford Scopio.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293 scatteh316

They need to show Scorpio running actual GAMES in 4k.......... Then give people the price..... If they don't show it off that much and show the price it'll be bad.

People won't mind the price as long as they can see what they're going to be getting for the money.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 Epak_

@boycie said:

The Ford Scopio.

Looks like an 80's car, yeah, that name should have stayed there.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 aroxx_ab

Oh btw, Gears of war 4 got 50% reduced price for 5days !! is this a E3 thing you think?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 deactivated-5eb6f92daae05

@scatteh316 said:

They need to show Scorpio running actual GAMES in 4k.......... Then give people the price..... If they don't show it off that much and show the price it'll be bad.

People won't mind the price as long as they can see what they're going to be getting for the money.

I feel this is what they're going to do, I don't think they'll announce a $499 price and then start showing off the games. Show off the console, boot it up, take us through the differences from the Scorpio and the Xbox One. Maybe do comparisons, like showcasing what the Scorpio can do, and then pop in a slider and notice the difference from the Scorpio over the Xbox One. Same with the Xbox 360 titles...

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56108 Posts

@tormentos said:
@gordonfreeman said:

Is this actually you?

How do you even know him is a better question,he was gone before you even join up...hahahahahaa

Some of you don't really know how to hide well...lol

The real one's account isn't banned at all. He just left it alone and if that was indeed him, he'd be using his old account cause there's nothing wrong with it. Even Stevo told me the reason why he left GS.

Edit: In the matter of speaking, I'm surprise Stevo the Gamer isn't the one making the MS thread instead of Desmonic. Stevo must be really busy.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 scatteh316

@boycie said:

The Ford Scopio.

That's a Ford Granada.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@scatteh316 said:
@boycie said:

The Ford Scopio.

That's a Ford Granada.

It's on the Scorpio Wiki. I just used google images so I could be wrong.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#300 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

I'm pretty sure Xbox Scorpio will be $399.