Official E3 Microsoft Thread || Xbox One X @ $499 + a whole lot of games!

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#201 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@xxyetixx said:

GK's twitter is purposely done to gauge reaction. 5 hours of Twitter, Facebook, and Various gaming sites reactions. So Phil Spencer can take that data just before the show and say, see we are fucked if we don't change this. That's where to $449 comes from.

Still team $399 though ??

That would be pretty clever of them to pull off. Leak something like this just to announce a lower price less than 24 hours later.

Phreek300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 Phreek300
Member since 2007 • 672 Posts

@ronvalencia: My 4K tv was released before 2.1 was a thing. I have 2.0A. So no built in free sync and better latency for me...unless I get one of this years OLED TV's. Who knows I may be just crazy enough to do it.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#203  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@gordonfreeman said:
@Nonstop-Madness said: Geoff Keighley ✔@geoffkeighley

I can now say with confidence Project Scorpio is $499. Unless something changes today, that is what will be announced.

8:09 AM - 11 Jun 2017

Fwiw, Forza 7 and the new Ori were leaked as well.

That's within the price tolerances and completely acceptable, $399 was the long shot, $449 was the compromise and $499 is/was the more obvious.

The second this thing goes up it's getting pre-ordered.

https://www.techpowerup.com/231768/pc-dram-pricing-increased-20-sep-oct-2016-will-continue-rising-in-2017-trendforce

There are price pressures for DRAMs.

Also, due to mining, AMD has sold out thier RX-470/RX-480/RX-570/RX-580 inventory and these cards uses GDDR5.

GordonFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#204 GordonFreeman
Member since 2017 • 588 Posts

@lawlessx said:
@xxyetixx said:

GK's twitter is purposely done to gauge reaction. 5 hours of Twitter, Facebook, and Various gaming sites reactions. So Phil Spencer can take that data just before the show and say, see we are fucked if we don't change this. That's where to $449 comes from.

That would be pretty clever of them to pull off. Leak something like this just to announce a lower price less than 24 hours later.

This naturally crossed my mind as well but I think that's people just being hopeful rather than any kind of business decision that would actually happen, it's likely to be $449 - $499.

I think it would be funny though if when Phil shows off the price he comes out and says "Scorpio will be launching this fall for $499 US dollars....... Wait no, that's not right, is that right? No? Oh sorry, $399 US dollars!"

lrdfancypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 lrdfancypants
Member since 2014 • 3850 Posts

@emgesp:

I agree 100%. I'd be shocked if they say $499.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 ronvalencia

@pinkanimal said:

@ronvalencia: instead of using charts, you should use facts. Expensive consoles never sell too good even if their tech justifies it. Consoles users don't pay so much attention to resolution specially when games look so similar between systems now. Now that we know Scorpio is going to be $500 you'll see it flop in sales.

My game benchmark charts has nothing to do with Scorpio's price tag i.e. not my argument.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50494 Posts

Not surprising if true. They're most likely not looking to sell a shit load of these from the get go.

GordonFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By GordonFreeman

@lrdfancypants said:

@emgesp:

I agree 100%. I'd be shocked if they say $499.

Why? The GPU in that system alone if dedicated would equate to roughly $300 in the PC market, it's superior to a 390X, anyone who would actually be shocked by $499 is obviously clueless.

@Chutebox said:

Not surprising if true. They're most likely not looking to sell a shit load of these from the get go.

Not to mention natural price trends and cost cuts over time.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 ronvalencia

@Phreek300 said:

@ronvalencia: My 4K tv was released before 2.1 was a thing. I have 2.0A. So no built in free sync and better latency for me...unless I get one of this years OLED TV's. Who knows I may be just crazy enough to do it.

I delayed my 4K HDTV upgrade cycle until HDMI 2.1 capable. LG OLED would be my first choice.

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

$299 confirmed! Thanks Microsoft!

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@ronvalencia said:

It's more like double the bullshit.

When both machines already using FP16 data formats with their graphics operations and their TFLOPS are bottle-necked by memory bandwidth, the machine with the higher effective memory bandwidth and less data transfer bottlenecks is superior.

You are the undisputed king of totally moronic arguments.

Memory storage mean fu**Ing nothing Memory doesn't increase power you blind biased MS suck up.

There are GPU on PC with 4GB of ram that can hit 4k completely destroying your argument,the Pro is ok with 5.5GB it doesn't target 4k most of the time but 1800p and some times even lower which do use less memory,and it doesn't shoot for ultra quality textures either again which use less memory than ultra.

Is the fact that you want to pretend like an ass that any game that has a problem most be because the PS4 hardware has problems,you simply can't stop your self for making bullshit up even when you have been proved wrong.

You did this with Alien Isolation that was badly optimize,you also did it with the Witcher 3 and you got owned when the PS4 version was fix and ended faster than the xbox one..hahahaa

Scorpio doesn't have FP16 double pumped which mean the PS4 Pro has 2 ways to save bandwidth while scorpio only has 1.

Trying to claim the PS4 Pro has a problem with that game is a joke,the developers screw up.

GordonFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 GordonFreeman

@ronvalencia said:
@Phreek300 said:

I delayed my 4K HDTV upgrade cycle until HDMI 2.1 capable. LG OLED would be my first choice.

OLED is the best looking display but you'd have to contend with burn-in.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts
@lawlessx said:
@xxyetixx said:

While "clever", this line of thinking is also incredibly naive. They've KNOWN for months what the reaction to a $499 price tag would be. They've also known the price of the box ages ago interally (these things don't get priced on release). If they want to sell it at $449 or $399 (or whatever really), internally they'd have set that goal since day one and even if during R&D, for whatever reason, they couldn't hit that initial price point they'd still have known about that for months now.

I could only see that sort of plan ("leaking" a higher price hours before) happen if, and only if, they want to create the impression of a much more expensive product (in terms of consumer pricing, which also usually implies "it's better" in the general consumer mind) being sold at an affordable price. Though even that could/should have probably been done a few weeks ago.

We'll see. I'm not exactly that confident it won't be $499 but here's hoping for a big surprise!

Phreek300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Phreek300

@gordonfreeman: This is true when it comes to static scrolling bars on say ESPN, but in games you won't notice it at all unless they have a static HUD. I have an LG OLED55B6P model TV. I have not noticed any burn in, banding, or Vignetting as of yet. The refresh cycle helps tremendously with that. It runs roughly every 4 hours of viewing time.

lrdfancypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By lrdfancypants
Member since 2014 • 3850 Posts

@gordonfreeman:

"Clueless"

Sigh.

My reason has nothing to do with what the hardware cost.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is obviously clueless.

lifelessablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 lifelessablaze
Member since 2017 • 1066 Posts

How dope would it be if MS pulls a Dreamcast and makes the Scorpio available right after the reveal?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#217 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 43988 Posts

I've been expecting the Scorpio to be priced at $499 so I'd be good with that. However if Microsoft wants to make a lower price announcement then I certainly won't complain about that either.

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#218 CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts

@Archangel3371: That's how I have been approaching it. Anything higher, and I told myself I'd be out. With all this discussion, it seems impossible for it to be above $499 USD.

Syferonik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Syferonik
Member since 2006 • 3060 Posts

They may lower the price at the last minute and sell it for $449. Still "premium" because its pricier, but not reaching the $500 mark.

Phreek300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 Phreek300

Based on the fact that you are getting a GPU that is 4x higher in Tflop performance, a slightly modified CPU with a higher clock rate, more bandwidth, and 4GB more of memory. I would say 499.99 sounds about right. 399.99 would mean Microsoft has to take a fairly sizable loss on each unit sold. It's the components and R&D that determine the cost of an item.

GordonFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 GordonFreeman

@lrdfancypants said:

@gordonfreeman:

"Clueless"

Sigh.

My reason has nothing to do with what the hardware cost.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is obviously clueless.

These companies can't just give people a price they want simply because that's what they want, this stuff costs money, a lot of it, and if it's priced at something that's because it's rationalized by how much it cost to build it.

These are businesses, not charities, for what they're offering $499 is still a bargain when you look around at what your other options are. For a PC you're looking at at least $800 to be competent with this console, the Pro is cheaper but it's inferior on every level and is missing a few things this system has and can do.

You have to be reasonable and approach what they're offering for what it is, not what you would like it to be.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#222  Edited By Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

Looks like MS will be opening the conference with Scorpio.

Also seems like more and more people are now leaning towards $500 but I still think it'll be $400 as MS will take a loss on each console.

Geoff is doubling down at NeoGaf:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=240052257&postcount=1572

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Desmonic  Moderator

Btw, this "leak" is apparently from the rehearsal. So there is still a chance it's not legit!

They can easily be playing us, as I doubt they'd reveal the full price on the rehearsal (in fact, if I remember correctly during the 2013 rehearsals neither Sony nor MS talked about pricing).

So, in short: $399 == Not Impossible Yet!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#224 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

I always thought it was going to be the double of Xbox One S, so with the price drop of $50 for some consoles, $500 would be the suspected number. Still an acceptable price

lifelessablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 lifelessablaze
Member since 2017 • 1066 Posts

INB4$599

GordonFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By GordonFreeman

@Desmonic said:

Btw, this "leak" is apparently from the rehearsal. So there is still a chance it's not legit!

They can easily be playing us, as I doubt they'd reveal the full price on the rehearsal (in fact, if I remember correctly during the 2013 rehearsals neither Sony nor MS talked about pricing).

So, in short: $399 == Not Impossible Yet!

I don't know if the price is going to change but I completely agree with your logic, when do prices for console ever just nonchalantly make their way out into the wild before the system is even revealed?

I can't think of a single time, frankly I would think it would be one of the most secretive things about the system that only a few at the very top would be privy to.

This price floating around does seem conveniently orchestrated.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Desmonic  Moderator

GordonFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By GordonFreeman

@Desmonic said:

Isn't that the picture from the announcement trailer last year?

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

In this thread, E3 conferences are now House of Cards

GordonFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 GordonFreeman

@drlostrib said:

Is this actually you?

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 Desmonic  Moderator

@gordonfreeman: Maybe, no idea. Whatever it is, it gets the mood going :P Can't for the usual sexy reveal trailer of the actual console hehe

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 tormentos

@twizded said:

@ronvalencia: Are you still going to call the pro "half assed" if Scorpio gets a $500 price tag? To me it seems Sony was going for a target price not specs, so there is nothing "half assed" about it.

The fun part is that scorpio is also half assed as well it use the same jaguar 200mhz faster which by no means is even close to an i5 let alone an i7 or ryzen and ronvalencia simply ignore it.

@ronvalencia said:

1 and 2. It's you who needs education. Again, so you've avoided my question with excuses.

You still underestimating memory storage and bandwidth increase.

Scorpio's 9 GB vs PS4 Pro's 5.5 GB = ~1.63X or ~63 percent higher

Scorpio's 326 GB/s phy BW vs PS4 Pro's 218 GB/s phy BW = ~1.50X or ~50 percent higher

Scorpio's 6 TFLOPS FP32 vs PS4 Pro's 4.2 TFLOPS FP32 = 1.43X or 43 percent higher

No it is you who need a lesson is honesty lemming.

1-The Pro is not shooting to ultra textures so it doesn't need 8GB of ram,did you calculated that into your biased ass equation? NO you did not.

Only on 1 of this 3 cases Ram usage would be to high for PS4 Pro at 4k,but even then simply dropping AA bring the game within PS4 Pro reach.

So your arguments are mess up hell look at the witcher 3 using ultra textures just 3.2GB use the Pro would have plenty memory to spare still.

2-Did you calculated into your equation that 2 FP16 operation require the same bandwidth as 1 32bit one but will double performance?

Did you calculated into your equation that if a developer move process to FP16,using 1.2TF would yield 2.4TF of performance on top of the 3TF still used by normal process,and doing so would require no more bandwidth than the one available already.?

NO you did not.

3-Did you calculated into your equation that at FP16 4.2TF = 8.4 TF? And that 8.4TF > 6TF?

Don't tell me that you will go back on your own words hypocrite,you claim Scorpio using FP16 would exceed a 1080GTX you claim Scorpio would be 12TF using FP16 and no where did you raise a flag about bandwidth when you well know that 12TF will take much more than 320GB/s hell the R390X has 384GB/s and is 5.9TF.

You are a hypocrite who raise pitfall for products that you don't like and ignore pitfalls for the ones you like.

Even if Scorpio had FP16,still would not exceed a 1080GTX,The Pascal Titan is 11TF and has 480Gb/s way more than Scorpio and that is without taking into account that Nvidia GPU >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> AMD GPU when the topic is bandwidth usage,with much less bandwidth an Nvdia GPU would still be one from AMD,it has been like that for years.

My advice quit your lame ass arguments,you look completely moronic trying to ignore FP16,trying to downplay it ignoring the efficiency it bring to Pro simply because Scorpio lack it,you are on record hyping FP16 and it wasn't until it was confirm that Scorpio didn't have it that you stopped hyping it.

You are a dishonest and hypocrite poster.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#233  Edited By deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@tormentos: I'm not a mod, but try to keep it to E3 stuff, and leave the spec/tech talk out of it. This is not going to be discussed at E3, and aren't there enough topics do discuss this?

I'm only saying this because I find it annoying, and it fucks up an E3 topic.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 DrLostRib

@FastRobby said:

@tormentos: I'm not a mod, but try to keep it to E3 stuff, and leave the spec/tech talk out of it. This is not going to be discussed at E3, and aren't there enough topics do discuss this?

I'm only saying this because I find it annoying, and it fucks up an E3 topic.

there should be like a 48 hour ban on charts

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By DrLostRib

@gordonfreeman said:
@drlostrib said:

Is this actually you?

new phone who dis

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

Lol its 499 guys just give up and buy it like the rest of us

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By Desmonic  Moderator

Alright dudes, enough with the charts for now. It's clear neither of you will concede, so just let it go.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 tormentos
@FastRobby said:

I always thought it was going to be the double of Xbox One S, so with the price drop of $50 for some consoles, $500 would be the suspected number. Still an acceptable price

This is true $500 is a hell of acceptable for Scorpio,no one should deny that,even more compare to what the PS4 and even more XBO offer in 2013,at least scorpio can hit 4k in more instances.

So while i think it will be in a great disadvantage vs the Slim PS4 and XBO for what you are getting the Price is more than acceptable.

GordonFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 GordonFreeman

@tormentos said:
@FastRobby said:

This is true $500 is a hell of acceptable for Scorpio,no one should deny that,even more compare to what the PS4 and even more XBO offer in 2013,at least scorpio can hit 4k in more instances.

So while i think it will be in a great disadvantage vs the Slim PS4 and XBO for what you are getting the Price is more than acceptable.

This is the most honest post I have ever seen from you, thank you.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#240 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/06/correction-undercounted-usage-data-in-our-xbox-unleashed-analysis/

Welp.

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2309 Posts

Its probably gonna be $500, which means i'm gonna pass. I would rather get a GTX 1080 or a GTX 1080 Ti which are both stronger than Scorpio by a fair margin

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@lifelessablaze said:

INB4$599

Loading Video...

GordonFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 GordonFreeman
@Nonstop-Madness said:

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/06/correction-undercounted-usage-data-in-our-xbox-unleashed-analysis/

Welp.

Did Microsoft actually correct them and cause them to retract their flawed information lol?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 tormentos

@gordonfreeman said:

Is this actually you?

How do you even know him is a better question,he was gone before you even join up...hahahahahaa

Some of you don't really know how to hide well...lol

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

That pricepoint sort of confirms a suspicion of mine, but I'm definitely going to watch their show. If it has games, I'll get one.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 tormentos

@Nonstop-Madness said:

Welp.

Yeah sound like total damage control after a MS call..ahahahaa

Still 500 million hours in 1 year + 7 months is abysmal and the only reason MS stated it that way is because blind fanboys will only look at the 500 million hours and not question anything else.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

@Desmonic said:

Whelp. I called it.

Here's hoping MS takes a gamble and surprises us all with not $499 (though, it seems unlikely at this point in time).

He is Canadian so it is $399 US?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 tormentos

@Shewgenja said:
Loading Video...

What i find interesting is that if the price is $499 for the 1TB version,if they make a 3TB version will it be $599?

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#249 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14411 Posts

@drlostrib said:

Is that you SNIPER?

GordonFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 GordonFreeman

@tormentos said:
@Nonstop-Madness said:

Welp.

Yeah sound like total damage control after a MS call..ahahahaa

Still 500 million hours in 1 year + 7 months is abysmal and the only reason MS stated it that way is because blind fanboys will only look at the 500 million hours and not question anything else.

I wouldn't agree with that, assuming the Xbox One was at like 19 million when this feature came out and likely at 30 million now, that's like 20 hours per person if absolutely everyone on the platform was using it.