Official E3 Microsoft Thread || Xbox One X @ $499 + a whole lot of games!

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2401 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts
@tormentos said:
@Tessellation said:

I've seen your meltdowns and damage control all over the board..it is ok to cry.

I see you haven't change your one line charade about people having meltdowns how old are you now 21?

I thought you had outgrown that already kid,maybe you should quit skateboarding into walls..hahaha

Now please repeat all that but without crying...Hmm looks like my youth makes you angry somehow.. not my fault that you got old and senile..

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2402 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts
@kuu2 said:

60 games confirmed to be running at 4k on the One X.

This list is only going to get longer.

4K Goodness List Some Real Heavy Hitters

Interesting list,with 6tflops and 9 GB of RAM.. it sure runs them at Native 4k not like the fake up scaled 4K crap we see on pos4 pro.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2403 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12066 Posts

@Pedro said:

@kuu2: Nice list. Its unfortunate that the difference between 1080p and 4k is too marginal for most gamers to care. Performance should be the focus and resolution secondary. If they can offer solid framerates at 4k then more power. :)

For me though most games weren't running at 1080p on The One so this is going to be large step up.

The games I played the most this gen have been Overwatch, Titanfall, Ori, Halo.

So I am pumped for Ashen, Ori, Anthem, Metro, and what the next Halo will look like. I was shocked at what Forza could do and I would bet it didn't take much to get that kind of performance out of the One X.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2404 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:

I really don't believe you know what irony means el tormented. Your complete and utter lack of understanding is astonishing to tell you the truth.

Yes i know accuse people of being fanboys while you are one of the biggest your self..lol

I am a cow no denial on this end..hahahahaa

@Pedro said:

Tails? He looks more like Conker at a glance than Tails but he moves more like Tails than Conker.

Yeah i really thought it was hahaha alto i don't find any problem with the game look to be a good platformer.

Proof that you don't understand what you read El tormented. It really is impressive to have such a lack of understanding on this website and yet post in numerous threads.

Lets see if you can understand what I was saying, she is a fanboy that can't be objective about an opposing console much like you. There are plenty of fanboys that manage to be objective but still prefer one particular console over the other, you're not one of them. My post wasn't to point out that she's a fanboy but that's a fanboy without objectivity.

I'm sure it'll still go over your head.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2405  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

PS4 Pro's 3 large heat pipes has vapor liquid cooling, the difference is the scale and the overall design..

XBO-X has superior craftsmanship.

Impossible because when i actually told you that scorpio feature a more expensive cooling system than the Pro you deny it,and continue to argue about the $399 price tag,just like you downplayed 4K drive,extra ram,and a more powerful GPU,you wanted to pretend that chips are sold based on their size and not the content inside it.

This is why you ended OWNED yet again i told you so it would be $500 based on the extra cost and you try to deny it you were wrong.

But this goes to show how your arguments blow like the win changing at any minute.

Again, my $449 estimate was before renewed crypto currency hype and added extra 8 GB flash memory.

The total chip memory on X1X is 20 GB i.e. 12 GB GDDR5 + 8 GB flash memory. Furthermore, I based my estimate with 500 GB HDD not 1 TB HDD (7200 RPM) as standard.

You claimed X1X has external power supply and you are wrong.

You claimed X1X's case is larger than PS4 Pro and you are wrong. X1X is smaller than XBO S.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2406 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20180 Posts

Hey here's an observation!

Where was Kinect in all of this?

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2407 Zero_epyon

@ronvalencia said:
@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

PS4 Pro's 3 large heat pipes has vapor liquid cooling, the difference is the scale and the overall design..

Impossible because when i actually told you that scorpio feature a more expensive cooling system than the Pro you deny it,and continue to argue about the $399 price tag,just like you downplayed 4K drive,extra ram,and a more powerful GPU,you wanted to pretend that chips are sold based on their size and not the content inside it.

This is why you ended OWNED yet again i told you so it would be $500 based on the extra cost and you try to deny it you were wrong.

But this goes to show how your arguments blow like the win changing at any minute.

Again, my $449 estimatewas before renewed crypto currency hype and added extra 8 GB flash memory.

The total chip memory on X1X is 20 GB i.e. 12 GB GDDR5 + 8 GB flash memory.

8GB of flash memory is super cheap. Like $2-3.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#2408 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70222 Posts
@tormentos said:
@Pedro said:

Tails? He looks more like Conker at a glance than Tails but he moves more like Tails than Conker.

Yeah i really thought it was hahaha alto i don't find any problem with the game look to be a good platformer.

Looks too slow for my liking. Give me some speed.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2409  Edited By ronvalencia

@Zero_epyon said:
@ronvalencia said:
@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

Again, my $449 estimatewas before renewed crypto currency hype and added extra 8 GB flash memory.

Fast 8 GB flash for readyboost cost higher. A slower flash storage than 1 TB HDD's performance is counterproductive.

Again, I based my estimate with cheapest XBO S/PS4 S's 500 GB HDD not 1 TB HDD (7200 RPM) as standard. MS configure a setup like hybrid flash + 7200 rpm HDD.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2410 Zero_epyon

@ronvalencia said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@ronvalencia said:
@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

Fast 8 GB flash for readyboost cost higher. A slower flash storage than 1 TB HDD's performance is counterproductive.

Again, I based my estimate with cheapest XBO S/PS4 S's 500 GB HDD not 1 TB HDD (7200 RPM) as standard.

That 8 GB is for readyboost performance increase? Is this confirmed or a guess? I was under the impression that this was extra storage, probably used as a cache for improving loading times. It doesn't need to be super fast. Even if it is, it's not enough to justify a $50 increase.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#2411 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

that $500 is the minimum possible price for this machine. I really thought it would be $600.

I still don't think it will be a sales juggernaut, but I just might pick one up

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2412 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56343 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:

Really? I didn't think MS was making anymore Kinect games.

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2413 BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 2631 Posts

@Pedro: the difference between 1080p and 4K is marginal?

You just lost all credibility.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2414 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3050 Posts

Lolol cliffy b just called xbox fans salty. Aaahahahahaha!

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2415 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:

They dropped kinect support ages ago when they removed it from the console.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#2416  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70222 Posts

@BlackShirt20 said:

@Pedro: the difference between 1080p and 4K is marginal?

You just lost all credibility.

Oh, I am so hurt.

mave198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2418 mave198
Member since 2004 • 7332 Posts

The Giant bomb guy's faces were priceless when the price was announced.

Like they sat on something sharp.

TLHBO

GordonFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2419  Edited By GordonFreeman
Member since 2017 • 588 Posts

Well Sony shit the bed worse than Microsoft, how that is possible I don't know.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2420 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12354 Posts

http://gearnuke.com/assassins-creed-origins-runs-dynamic-4k-resolution-xbox-one-x-frame-rate-not-decided/

Welp. Looks like we have our first game running at a dynamic resolution on Xbox One X.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2421  Edited By ronvalencia

@Zero_epyon said:
@ronvalencia said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@ronvalencia said:

Again, I based my estimate with cheapest XBO S/PS4 S's 500 GB HDD not 1 TB HDD (7200 RPM) as standard.

That 8 GB is for readyboost performance increase? Is this confirmed or a guess? I was under the impression that this was extra storage, probably used as a cache for improving loading times. It doesn't need to be super fast. Even if it is, it's not enough to justify a $50 increase.

There are two known usage for the extra 8 GB flash memory.

1. 4K 60 recording may need flash memory performance greater than V class 10 SD write speeds and durable enough to handle multiple re-write counts for the expected life of the console.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital

30 MB/s-UHS Class 3.png Class 3 (U3)Video Speed Class 30.png Class 30 (V30)1080p and 4K video files at 60/120 fps (UHS bus)

https://www.amazon.com/Promaster-ADVANCED-SDHC-Memory-Card/dp/B06XKG553T/ref=sr_1_8?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1497322446&sr=1-8&keywords=V30

V30 class 8 GB flash memory with $20 price tag. Whole sale price e.g. $10.

2. Windows Readyboost.

-------------

5400 RPM 500 GB HDD --> 7200 RPM 1 GB HDD increase.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/4/6/15204864/xbox-scorpio-hardware-specs-cpu-gpu-4k

Component-wise, Scorpio will feature a 2.5-inch 1 TB hard drive that offers a “50 per cent increase in bandwidth,” reports Digital Foundry.

I spec'ed Scorpio in the same pattern as XBO S with it's cheaper 500 GB HDD, but Microsoft quoted $499 price tag with 1 TB HDD 7200 RPM.

-------------

I didn't expect another crypto-currency driven inflation hitting PC GPUs again.

http://wccftech.com/amd-gpu-supply-exhausted-by-cryptocurrency/

https://epsnews.com/2017/05/23/pc-dram-prices-rise-10-q2-after-30-hike-q1/

From https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/how-much-will-xbox-scorpio-cost-its-a-premium-prod-33340328/?page=4

Quoting myself.

"NEO option B" with better CPU has $100 higher price tag over "NEO option A". Scorpio is similar to "NEO option B" spec.

"NEO option B" target price is $499.

Both MS and Sony has the same AMD road maps.

http://www.gamepur.com/news/23460-massive-ps4-neo-leak-gpu-2x-more-powerful-high-clock-speed-55tf-price-499.html

Sony is currently testing two different PS4 Neo models, out of these two only ONE will be selected for consumers. The first PlayStation 4 Neo variant offers a 4.2TF performance and has a Jaguar CPU and internally carries a price tag of $399.

The second variant of PlayStation 4 Neo offers a 5.5TF GPU and comes with a brand new CPU and carries a price tag of $499. Sony planning to release PlayStation 4 Neo either at the end of 2016 or before March 2016. If Sony decides to go with the $499 variant of PlayStation 4 Neo then it will be the first time in over a 10 Years time Sony will went with an External Power Supply.

If you apply X1X's GPU 1172 Mhz clock speed on 36 CU, it yields 5.4 TFLOPS which is very close to NEO Option B. Slightly higher clock speed lands on 5.5 TFLOPS and this NEO Option B box still has mirror 18 CU design for PS4 BC requirement.

X1X is MS's PS4 NEO Option B without mirror 18 CU requirement.

For Vega IP selection

MS went for Vega data transfer bottleneck reduction.

Sony went for Vega NCU.

Full Vega 11 has both NCU and data transfer bottleneck reduction.

Both MS and Sony has been offered two 16 nm FinFET upgrade options for year 2016 and year 2017.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2423 kuu2
Loading Video...

Some tasty Crackdown gameplay.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2424 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@gordonfreeman said:

nah

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2425 kuu2

Even at 4k and 60fps in Forza 7 The One X still has 30% more headroom

In a behind closed doors presentation with Microsoft, we were given a statistic that seems particularly impressive. Forza Motorsport 7 content director John Wendl told us that there's a 30 percent surplus on the GPU, even when running the game at 4K resolution and 60 frames per second. That's surprisingly not-close to the Xbox One X's limits.

Oh this is going to be guuud.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2426 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@kuu2 said:

In a behind closed doors presentation with Microsoft, we were given a statistic that seems particularly impressive. Forza Motorsport 7 content director John Wendl told us that there's a 30 percent surplus on the GPU, even when running the game at 4K resolution and 60 frames per second. That's surprisingly not-close to the Xbox One X's limits.

that's pretty much the same figure that was given when they showed forza on scorpio to DF when running Forza at X1 settings but at 4k. It's not that surprising

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2427  Edited By ronvalencia

@kuu2 said:

Similar to Digital Foundry's Scorpio reveal with Forza static screenshot.

My main concern is AMD's lack of automatic immediate mode render to tile render conversion smart driver.

Loading Video...

In this example, traditional immediate mode render is converted into tiling render without the programmer doing anything on Nvidia Paxwell hardware. Hence, I have my doubts with AMD's Vega regardless of Pixel Engine being connected to L2 cache improvements. Without this "smart" driver, game results would be less consistent when compared NVIDIA's solution. Vega's high bandwidth cache (HBC) feature could be a work around for L2 cache spill over.

In summary, you have best cases with tile rendering with 2MB L2 cache and worst case Polaris 10 6 TFLOPS equipped with higher memory bandwidth results and L2 cache is not properly used as a tile render.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2428  Edited By Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

Xbox won E3 by a wide margin. Wow.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2429 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

@gordonfreeman said:

What, you wasn't impressed with Final Fantasy Fishing?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2430  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@kuu2 said:
Loading Video...

this actually looks pretty cool. will proabably get it.

the trailer in the conference sucked.

p.s..also...good to see lost rib back! damage controlling :P

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2431  Edited By Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7714 Posts

Was this mentioned already?

GordonFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2432 GordonFreeman
Member since 2017 • 588 Posts

@draign said:

Xbox won E3 by a wide margin. Wow.

If Nintendo doesn't pull through in the morning then yes, Microsoft won E3 out of the big three.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2433 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@howmakewood said:

bad news...

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#2434  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sony shit the bed!!! That 1 hour was weak. LMAO

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#2435 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@KBFloYd said:
@kuu2 said:
Loading Video...

this actually looks pretty cool. will proabably get it.

the trailer in the conference sucked.

p.s..also...good to see lost rib back! damage controlling :P

Dawg came back as a DOCTOR, yo. Respect.

R10nu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2436  Edited By R10nu
Member since 2006 • 1679 Posts

@kuu2 said:
Loading Video...

Looks worse than Saints Row 4.

Is this supposed to be a big mean Xbox exclusive?

Where the **** is big scale destruction?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2437 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@R10nu said:

That was single player, right? Big scale destruction is only available in MP mode, obviously...

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2438 ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

@KBFloYd said:
@howmakewood said:

bad news...

Leaking the price and types of news like AC Origin Dynamic Resolution. The petition to sue this guy is going to be accepted.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2439 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

@R10nu said:
@kuu2 said:

Is he alone in the city? LMAO!

Seriously though, not impressed. GTA 5 looks miles better.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2440 ronvalencia

@ellos said:
@KBFloYd said:
@howmakewood said:

bad news...

Leaking the price and types of news like AC Origin Dynamic Resolution. The petition to sue this guy is going to be accepted.

All hardware has limits and differences are the limit levels.

X1X's GPU 2 MB L2 cache tile rendering needs to be programmed in a tiling method. You have best cases with tile rendering with 2MB L2 cache boost and worst case Polaris 10 6 TFLOPS equipped with higher memory bandwidth results and L2 cache is not properly used as a tile render.

killerb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2441 killerb
Member since 2017 • 1 Posts

Xbox One X - Reveal E3 2017 $499

https://goo.gl/dFdGjN

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2442 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

Why is it that cows are posting in here more then cooing over in the Sony thread?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2443 deactivated-5a30e101a977c

@thedork_knight said:

Why is it that cows are posting in here more then cooing over in the Sony thread?

insecurity

R10nu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2444  Edited By R10nu
Member since 2006 • 1679 Posts

@FastRobby said:

That was single player, right? Big scale destruction is only available in MP mode, obviously...

Obviously?

Obviously?

To who? Fucking braindead kool-aid drinking fanboys?

Do you have an answer as to why the selling feature of this title is not present in any way, shape or form in the single-player?

It's like if RDR2 would come out with a small ranch as its single-player world.

"The rest of the map is multiplayer only, obviously."

"If you want to play Destiny as we initially advertised it, you'll have to buy a sequel, obviously."

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2445  Edited By Zero_epyon

@cainetao11: why am I supposed to eat crow? For the most part I was right about both conferences.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2446  Edited By deactivated-5a30e101a977c

@R10nu said:
@FastRobby said:

Obviously?

Obviously?

Do you have an answer as to why the selling feature of this title is not present in any way, shape or form in the single-player?

"If you want to play Destiny as we initially advertised it, you'll have to buy a sequel, obviously."

Yes obviously... This was said all the way in the beginning. When they first showed prototypes of such a level of destruction this was all run on servers, just like it is now, because a console can't pull this off. This was clear from the beginning, else every shooter would add that level of destruction...

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2447 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:

@cainetao11: why am I supposed to eat crow? For the most part I was right about both conferences.

Didn't you say earlier in this thread that Sony's thread would surpass this one?

yet Sony's is only half the size of this one, which tells you what a shit show Sony's was.

I was disappointed in MS show, but they didn't start their show with Indians playing music and opening with 2 lots of DLC.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2448  Edited By navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17454 Posts

@R10nu said:
@FastRobby said:

Obviously?

Obviously?

Well if youre talking the cloud-based destruction, then MS basically had 3 choices:

1. Require online for the game in order to implement cloud destruction in single player

2. Make it optional, meaning different experiences for gamers

3. Make cloud destruction multiplayer only since players are already online.

I guess they made the decision they felt best served all gamers?

They said from the beginning that no console could pull off that destruction.

Even if the One X WAS capable of running it.............they would need to also consider the Xbox One.

I guess they could always make it a One X Enhanced feature??

Again, they had to make a choice.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2449 kuu2

Cows running into the only thread that is talking about games.

Their own thread burned to the ground.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2450 kuu2

Some VR no show explanation.

https://www.wired.com/story/microsoft-e3-xbox-one-x-vr/?mbid=social_twitter

Microsoft, meanwhile, says its interest in VR rests elsewhere. “We believe that right now a Windows PC is the best platform for mixed reality as its open ecosystem and enormous installed base offer the best opportunity for developers, and Windows offers the most choices for consumers,” the company said in an official statement. “Therefore, our primary focus is making our Windows Mixed Reality experiences a success.”

That may sound like a dodge, but it includes heavy kernels of truth. Think first of the install base alone. SuperData pegs the number of Xbox consoles in use at around 25 million. By 2020, says Ward, the number of Oculus and Vive-capable PCs on the market will be 150 million. Microsoft’s also actively carving out a lower price-point for the market, with “Mixed Reality VR” headsets that work on Windows 10 PCs, with much more reasonable specs, coming available from partners like Acer.

The active word there being partners. After all, between Windows 10 and Xbox, Microsoft has one of the largest digital storefronts in the world. They’ve built it. People will come.

“Microsoft doesn’t need to invest heavily in VR games. If it's running a successful storefront, and offering a platform on which a wide variety of third-party vendors can monetize, Microsoft’s going to be happy, I think,” says Ward. Instead, Microsoft has chosen to invest heavily in Hololens augmented reality, which has use business, medical, and other cases that outstrip the consumer market.