Official: CoD - Ghosts 1080p on PS4, 720p on XOne.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

@blackace said:

@Kinthalis said:

MegaTON.

So I guess it's official, the Xbone is the 720p platform for the entirety fo next gen?

Forza 5 1080P @60fps. Well see what happen once developers actually use the updated devkits. Can't wait for E3. It should be interesting. Glad I have both systems. Now I can pick and choose what's best on each system. lol!!

lol

Loading Video...

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts

Can´t wait till developers use that extra 4 GGDR5 GB, they had no idea about!

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts

@Giancar said:

Yeah, Microsoft screwed up by not using any GDDR5 memory. That left enough on the market for Sony to expand to 8GB. Microsoft thought it would be 8GB of DDR3 + eSRAM versus 4GB of GDDR5. Well, they were wrong. The on die eSRAM also limited their GPU selections. I am sooo glad that Don Mattrick left the company...

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#205 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

@shawn30 said:

First image comparison gifs are out. DT. I think the One version looks just fine. Now we need footage:)

For Sony Fan's sake I really hope those are fake.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#206  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@killzowned24 said:

@blackace said:

@Kinthalis said:

MegaTON.

So I guess it's official, the Xbone is the 720p platform for the entirety fo next gen?

Forza 5 1080P @60fps. Well see what happen once developers actually use the updated devkits. Can't wait for E3. It should be interesting. Glad I have both systems. Now I can pick and choose what's best on each system. lol!!

lol

Loading Video...

I actually like the look of forza 4 more there, rofl.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@AtariKidX said:

@danabo said:

Lems are very funny.......lol

Can you read a graph? This totally validates my argument. If you sit 10 feet away, you are not going to see any difference until you get at TV that is 55" in size. Even then, you probably won't see a difference until you have a 60" screen.

If you sit 10'-15' feet away, you won't notice until you have an 80" screen.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By superclocked

@killzowned24: That video is 480p at the very most and then upscaled to 1080p. You can't see the 60fps advantage in a compressed video, either...

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

So after Lemmings desperately clinging onto the fact that it was rumour it has finally been confirmed. How do you like your crow?

@FoxbatAlpha said:
@hoosier7 said:
@FoxbatAlpha said:

Sony doesn't have better graphics so no one is going to hear this statement. It is more than delayed reviews causing them to lose steam. They are delaying the fact that something else is wrong. Something bigger like overheating or a software issue. You'll see.

1080p>720p, better graphics right there on the multiplats. Of all the news we've had recently multiplats and CoD in particular running better on the PS4 is what's going to be a sticking point.

FragTycoon was right. The desperation is getting a bit extreme. You're actually just pulling stuff out of thin air.

I was told you'll see before. That multiplats wouldn't be any different, the XBO secret sauce, the power of the cloud, X1 would have teh superior drivers etc...

Yeah ok, I'm pulling stuff out of thin air and you are quoting rumors. We will see who is right very soon.

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@hoosier7: oh that's real good! I just stepped in your bullshit, trying not to stumble over your stupidity. "Several sites have pretty much confirmed........bla bla bla." Until the game maker releases a statement it is still a rumor.

Know how We know Ryse is at 900p? Oh that's right Crytek said it was. Keep living your fantasy though, I don't want to stop you at this point.

@danabo said:
@hoosier7 said:

The resolutions stuff is barely rumour any more. There's at least 4 people from review sites who've come out and confirmed it.

There's a big difference between what i'm doing and you are. You're just making stuff up.

Barely rumour is still rumour.

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Giancar

@superclocked said:

@Giancar said:

Yeah, Microsoft screwed up by not using any GDDR5 memory. That left enough on the market for Sony to expand to 8GB. Microsoft thought it would be 8GB of DDR3 + eSRAM versus 4GB of GDDR5. Well, they were wrong. The on die eSRAM also limited their GPU selections. I am sooo glad that Don Mattrick left the company...

That´s not their main problem tbh. The multiplatforms games will still be there, even if those are not as good as their main competition.

The real problem comes from the $100 extras bucks you will be paying due forced Kinect. The first wave of buyers will be very informed gamers that know the drawbacks of such tech in gaming and know that the competition offers better games at a lower price point.

But tbh, MS will only lose some sales. That´s it. I don´t see them fu*** in all the gen. The console is still very strong and it will have it strong lineup of multi and exclusives. I mean, it won´t be a WiiU situation.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

@superclocked said:

@killzowned24: That video is 480p at the very most and then upscaled to 1080p. You can't see the 60fps advantage in a compressed video, either...

Big deal. It clear as day its not some huge upgrade and Forza 4 indeed looks better in spots.

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By Giancar

We should make a list of all SW members who denied with their life the rumors.

It could end being up a very nice exercise!

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 ReadingRainbow4

@Giancar said:

We should make a list of all SW members who denied with their life the rumors.

It could end being up a very nice exercise!

Put blackace at the top of the list.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 superclocked

@killzowned24 said:

@superclocked said:

Big deal. It clear as day its not some huge upgrade and Forza 4 indeed looks better in spots.

So, you've played the game then? I've only read that the game looks amazing...

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@Desmonic said:

Wow...that really is sad...even in 1080p it looks like a current gen game. Man those X1 drivers and tool must be completely f*cked (like most rumours have said in the past week). Hope MS get's it together soon enough!

Whats worse is, when you look at Ryse and Forza 5, that makes IW look like they have no clue what they are doing on the One. I hope we get comparison videos soon. But still its good he just said it and its out there with no BS or waiting or any of that. Now show us the game.

Generic extremely enclosed and ultra path guided hack and slash which isn't even 1080p,unimpressive Racing game that lack any next gen effect everything backed..

@percech said:

I don't understand why a terrible looking game is rendering at 720p while there are much better looking games on the XONE in higher resolutions? Rushed game?

That because you don't understand how different engines work,FPS engines are different and more demanding that 3rd person ones,and much more than racing games to.

Also i am sure COD is way way more open and bigger scale than Ryse is,or Forza.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@AtariKidX said:

@danabo said:

Can you read a graph? This totally validates my argument. If you sit 10 feet away, you are not going to see any difference until you get at TV that is 55" in size. Even then, you probably won't see a difference until you have a 60" screen.

the graph is BS. Always has been and always will be.

better graph:

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

This

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By superclocked

@kuu2 said:

@shawn30 said:

First image comparison gifs are out. DT. I think the One version looks just fine. Now we need footage:)

The first one is definitely fake. The enemies and ally are in the exact same position in both images. Even the muzzle blast and sparks are EXACTLY the same...

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#219 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

And this

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts

@hoosier7 said:

@danabo said:
@hoosier7 said:

The resolutions stuff is barely rumour any more. There's at least 4 people from review sites who've come out and confirmed it.

There's a big difference between what i'm doing and you are. You're just making stuff up.

Barely rumour is still rumour.

Yes. Rumours can be confirmed. This one has been confirmed as true.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 superclocked

@Floppy_Jim said:

And this

LOL

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Caseytappy

@superclocked said:

@shawn30 said:

Maybe you should click on the first one full size and look again .

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#224 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@AtariKidX said:

@danabo said:

CoD - Ghosts 1080p on PS4.......720p on XOne.Cry more......i need tears.lol

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

First comparison shots are in.

I personally think MS has the upper hand here, you may need to step several feet back to get the full effect however.

I see the Xbox One is going retro with their graphics.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 tormentos

@shawn30 said:

Lol, dude many of the most reliable sources have already stated we will see more 1080p games once the tools mature. There are 1080p games at launch and more coming, so try again, lol. You're cherry picking why games that either do run at 080 or 900 upscaled aren't reliable examples, which is complete BS. But again if the game sucks then you have a superior sucky game? Not saying CoD does, but with Ryse, Forza, and even now BF4 as a graphics showcase, the One will be fine. The PS4 is more powerful so it will hit 1080p easier and more often. But just like the BF4 footage, you may wanna wait until you see it moving before going to wild. I'm a CoD fan and will likely get this in early December provided the framerate is stable. The 720 resolution, I wish it was higher, but as a launch game the world won't end.

There are 3 very unimpressive 1080p games for launch dude i don't think it will get much better unless quality of the graphics is set to low.

Dude BF4 look better,runs better at higher resolution with better AA and AO is not even close.

@_Matt_ said:

Difference between PS4/X1 this gen seems to be larger than difference 360/PS3 last gen.

Impossible lemmings including Stormy joe,and ron stated that the difference would be small..

@shawn30 said:

And yet all the PS4 games aren't 1080p, a few have been delayed at launch, and you have the weakest launch line-up. Titanfall gets rave reviews all around, Ryse graphically is a beats, and Forza 5 is getting great previews. The One is harder to develop for, and weaker than the PS4. But its far from shit just cause this game doesnt hit 1080p. Looking at BF4 and Ryse and Forza it starts looking like IW isn't doing well as a dev. I mean we saw footage of Cod on the PS4 last week and it was universally panned as crap, lol. So are we fighting over crap?

Yeah not all the majority do,but those that do runs on 720p as well on xbox one like BF4.

Please point me to Titanfall reviews.? What few games were delayed.? Only Drive Club was.

News excuse for xbox one games sucking graphically developers suck..

@StormyJoe said:

Cows gonna cow. NineTailedGoku is apparently a game developer, and has played all the XB1 launch games.

You have been soooo owned...lol

You blackace Ronvalencia...lol

But but the difference will be small,it will run at the same resolution...lol

Told you so..

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@Floppy_Jim said:

And this

you can hardly see the difference!!!!

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By superclocked

@Caseytappy: Even the particle effects are in the EXACT same position. It's definitely fake...

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@Krelian-co said:

@Floppy_Jim said:

And this

you can hardly see the difference!!!!

Lmfao, well played.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 tormentos

@StormyJoe said:

Bullshit. Google "720p vs 1080p" and go read some articles about it.

I don't have to google sh** i have a damn HDTV and had been an owner of HDTV since early 2000's,the difference can been seen quite easy,get your damn eyes fix.

zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#231 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

What's with this misconception among some of these xbox fans that 1080p just means less jaggies, It also brings a much clearer picture. Simply put with a 1080p set you will notice much more detail in the overall image, distance from the screen doesn't fvcking matter.

The cow IQ must be a few points shy of brain damaged. Just go read the links I posted.

It entirely depends on the size of the TV and how far you sit from the TV, for me i have a 55" LED TV, i can very easily spot the differences from my couch on my TV. If you have a 32" TV you won't notice the difference as much. Resolution is more important in games then it is in movies though, you lose lots of small details in games when you lower the resolution.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@emgesp said:

KILLED IT!

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 tormentos

@StormyJoe said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

What's with this misconception among some of these xbox fans that 1080p just means less jaggies, It also brings a much clearer picture. Simply put with a 1080p set you will notice much more detail in the overall image, distance from the screen doesn't fvcking matter.

The cow IQ must be a few points shy of brain damaged. Just go read the links I posted.

Please stop proving to us that you ride the magic short bus.

If you are two fricken dumb to read the articles, then keep quiet and let the big boys debate.

Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.........

So after fighting me and claiming time after time that both console games would look the same,now you are swimming in your own denial,trying to downplay 1080p vs 720p when 1080p is actually a bigger difference than from 480p to 720p..

@Scipio8 said:

Sony are secretly mandating 1080p even if it means blur and poor textures, Microsoft are not. That is why BF4 looks better on XB1 720p and so will COD Ghosts. Just wait for the comparison videos.

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..........

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Shewgenja

At least when Sony charged $500 for a system, it wasn't a generation behind..

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#235 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts

Pretty sad especially considering that the 360 versions of CoD throughout the past few years were native 720p.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 tormentos

@blackace said:

@Kinthalis said:

MegaTON.

I have been right about pretty much anything i have told you,Forza is far from impressive is 1080p 60FPS with baked effect nothing dynamic is basically a last gen game with 1080p graphics and 60 FPS is far from impressive or demanding.

@kuu2 said:

Ha!

Yes PS4 gets the better version on paper once again. But probably just like BF4 it won't make an ounce of difference. I just saw the MP version of BF4 on The One and I am more than happy. Have not played a COD since Modern Warfare.

My god your damage control is out of this world.

720p.

as much as 14 FPS slower than BF4 on PS4.

horrible jaggies fest.

No AO and still runs slower than the PS4 version which is a joke once AO is apply it will run even slower,it will be a crappy mess on xbox one..

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 ReadingRainbow4

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Please stop proving to us that you ride the magic short bus.

If you are two fricken dumb to read the articles, then keep quiet and let the big boys debate.

Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.........

So after fighting me and claiming time after time that both console games would look the same,now you are swimming in your own denial,trying to downplay 1080p vs 720p when 1080p is actually a bigger difference than from 480p to 720p..

@Scipio8 said:

Sony are secretly mandating 1080p even if it means blur and poor textures, Microsoft are not. That is why BF4 looks better on XB1 720p and so will COD Ghosts. Just wait for the comparison videos.

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..........

Lmao, I can't believe I didn't notice til now that he used Two instead of too and then proceeded to call me dumb.

Jesus christ microsoft, your fanbase is amazing!

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#238 mystic_knight
Member since 2003 • 13801 Posts

:( I actually want to cancel my pre order now.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#239 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

Just do the Fish AI® in Teh Cloud = instant 1080p.

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Caseytappy

@superclocked said:

@Caseytappy: Even the particle effects are in the EXACT same position. It's definitely fake...

Off course it is .

It's solely made to ridicule the Xbone version but the insane thing is that some Lemmings think the over saturated dark , low res version actually does look better .

Scary !

kingjazziephiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 kingjazziephiz
Member since 2006 • 2650 Posts

They both look the same

Syn_Valence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 Syn_Valence
Member since 2004 • 2140 Posts

@shawn30: I concur with this statement

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

@tormentos said:

@kuu2 said:

Ha!

Yes PS4 gets the better version on paper once again. But probably just like BF4 it won't make an ounce of difference. I just saw the MP version of BF4 on The One and I am more than happy. Have not played a COD since Modern Warfare.

720p.

horrible jaggies fest.

No AO and still runs slower than the PS4 version which is a joke once AO is apply it will run even slower,it will be a crappy mess on xbox one..

Oh Tormy still butthurt about BF4 looking better on The One.

I would suggest you and the rest of Sony Fan stop popping the champaigne until actual footage of the game comes out otherwise it will be another, 'Bbbuut it is 1080p' and still doesn't look as good.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 ReadingRainbow4

@kuu2 said:

@tormentos said:

@kuu2 said:

Ha!

720p.

horrible jaggies fest.

Oh Tormy still butthurt about BF4 looking better on The One.

I would suggest you and the rest of Sony Fan stop popping the champaigne until actual footage of the game comes out otherwise it will be another, 'Bbbuut it is 1080p' and still doesn't look as good.

One does not simply 720p.

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts

The DC in this thread is hilarious!

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#246 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

TLHBO

Avatar image for deactivated-63e66f5999640
deactivated-63e66f5999640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 deactivated-63e66f5999640
Member since 2005 • 495 Posts

I think Sony fanboys care more about this news than Xbox fanboys. The Sony fanboys are having a circle jerk while the Xbox fanboys are like, meh whatever.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#248  Edited By Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

I can't believe next-gen consoles can't reach 1080p with COD

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 ReadingRainbow4

@daious said:

I can't believe a next-gen console can't reach 1080p with COD

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 Shewgenja

@Gatman32 said:

I think Sony fanboys care more about this news than Xbox fanboys. The Sony fanboys are having a circle jerk while the Xbox fanboys are like, meh whatever.

Denial kinda works like that.