Official Bioshock Review Discussion Thread - 9.0 (POST HERE OR BE SUSPENDED)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#301 OhhSnap50893
Member since 2006 • 27110 Posts
[QUOTE="OhhSnap50893"]

Nice job narrowly avoiding a flop lemmings. :lol:

jkmetalf

Bioshock for p.c still not rated.....

If Bioshock PC scores higher than that would be even worse for the lemmings.

ganon546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#302 ganon546
Member since 2007 • 2942 Posts
Wow, I was expecting 9.5. This is pretty suprising.
xXMercenariOXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#303 xXMercenariOXx
Member since 2006 • 1539 Posts

9.7 Average on GameRankings!! :)

Cows are jealous!! :twisted:

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304 Dualshockin
Member since 2006 • 7826 Posts
How many AAA games does PS3 have compared to 360? Seems 9.0 is that easy since PS3 is not having the easiest time doing it :lol:rybe1025
Well,there's no denying the hard facts:360 does indeed have more AAA games than the competition. But,you seem to have ignored a part of the post:Where are those people that claimed SMG can never outscore Bioshock ;) ?
bulletmath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305 bulletmath
Member since 2007 • 1339 Posts

it's between Mario Galaxy and Mass Effect now

and considering Mario will have the fire flower, mushroom, star power, Bee suit and Boo suit at the very least all bets are off

this s*** just got real

MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306 MikeE21286
Member since 2003 • 10405 Posts

wow 9.0........Gamespot....*sigh*

(Looks over at the SW Bets section) Man, it looks like tons of these bets are gonna lose and the boards could be pretty naked of posters for a while lol

Blackfriend8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307 Blackfriend8
Member since 2004 • 1982 Posts

GAMESPOT

where tony hawk 3 is a perfect 10/10

and bioshock is 9/10 flop

seriously its time to fire jeff

tidus222

yeah its time to fire jeff just because you dont agree with his reviews :roll: if it was up to half the people on this forum every game that was hyped a 10 would get a 10 jeff is a great reviewer imo, i dont always agree with him either but have him fired for it thats just redicilious. so next time you dont agree with a review im sure we should all listen to you and fire the editor that wrote it.:roll:

-KinGz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#308 -KinGz-
Member since 2006 • 5232 Posts
[QUOTE="darklord888"]

What I don't get is this...

It says it has amazing atmosphere, graphics and sound, it got 9 medals that were all good and yet it only gets 9.0?

What the hell could ever get 9.5-10.0 then? :?

Dualshockin

There's this one game that's coming exclusively to the Ps3,it starts with an 'M'... ;)

If a game like Bioshock won't get even 9.5, I doubt it, seeing as I can't see nothing being more original than Bioshock, nevermind, Bioshock gets 9.0, which makes it equal to PDZ... thats something but imagine Crysis being 8.5 or 9.0... lower or equal to PDZ, omg.

FusionApex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 FusionApex
Member since 2006 • 1151 Posts

xXMercenariOXx

Or maybe they just have PCs.

Driftwood111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310 Driftwood111
Member since 2005 • 577 Posts

so then, what're you guys thinking will be the best FPS of the year? bulletmath

Considering this game is still 97% on Gamerankings... depends what you mean?

jt8b2z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 jt8b2z
Member since 2005 • 7189 Posts

[QUOTE="rybe1025"]How many AAA games does PS3 have compared to 360? Seems 9.0 is that easy since PS3 is not having the easiest time doing it :lol:Dualshockin
Well,there's no denying the hard facts:360 does indeed have more AAA games than the competition. But,you seem to have ignored a part of the post:Where are those people that claimed SMG can never outscore Bioshock ;) ?

nope, pc has the most AAA and AAAe so far this gen.

bulletmath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312 bulletmath

xXMercenariOXx

about the same as Twilight Princess in the early days

-KinGz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#313 -KinGz-
Member since 2006 • 5232 Posts

Does this review not make you guys start to doubt Halo 3 getting AAA here? If that happens, then expect SW to:

ironcreed

I even see Crysis scoring the same or less.

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 Dualshockin

xXMercenariOXx
Only GameSpot reviews matter,it's always been this way. I can understand people being disappointed by the review due to having higher expectations,but honestly,since when was 9.0 a bad score?
Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts
[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="darklord888"]

What I don't get is this...

It says it has amazing atmosphere, graphics and sound, it got 9 medals that were all good and yet it only gets 9.0?

What the hell could ever get 9.5-10.0 then? :?

Yellow_Rose

There's this one game that's coming exclusively to the Ps3,it starts with an 'M'... ;)

Would it happen to be the sequel to this game ?

MGS4 won't get a 9.5/10, just because the whole cinematic $tyle of the game is too polarizing. Although I really don't get how MGS2 got a 9.6... MGS2 should be the lowest rated MGS, not the highest. :?

rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts
[QUOTE="rybe1025"]How many AAA games does PS3 have compared to 360? Seems 9.0 is that easy since PS3 is not having the easiest time doing it :lol:Dualshockin

I only care about what i said not others. I hyped AAA and woohoo I was right.
-Sora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 -Sora
Member since 2004 • 15152 Posts
Jeff and all the GS staff are probably sitting back and laughing at all this chaos.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#318 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

lol, gears was better than this?

i have had more fun in the bioshock demo alone than in the whole of gears of war.

*run, cover, shoot, run , cover, shoot, big monster, run ,cover, shoot, run, cover,shoot.

jt8b2z

Agreed. I've played the demo for longer then it took me to finish the GeoW campaign.

And to those saying the game flopped, it didn't the review flopped as well as the reviewer. These supposed "issues" have not been reported by any other source and would most likely be caused by a overheating 360. I highly doubt he tried it on multiple consoles, new and old, Elite an Premium.

Yeah. To put it off it was also a pretty spoiler-heavy review. Jesus Jeff, the day before the game is out?

Zeliard9

When I saw the first minor spoiler I stopped reading. I knew they would only get worse from there on. Jeff is a terrible reviewer and has never really delivered a quality, well done review in his entire career on GS.
MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319 MikeE21286
Member since 2003 • 10405 Posts
[QUOTE="jkmetalf"][QUOTE="OhhSnap50893"]

OhhSnap50893

It won't....I just got done with the demo of it.

The things Gamespot seems to complaing about are gameplay mechancis only (save system). The part about it "freezing" I could see the PC version fixing however.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#320 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

-

:o

ProductNumber49

That's as bad as those Zelda:TP review threads!!! I can't believe those hyping Bioshock on the 360 sunk that low!!!

mwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 mwa
Member since 2003 • 2639 Posts
[QUOTE="zipozal"]

Constant freezing after you've been playing for hours

:lol: WHAT AN AWSOME 360 EXCLUSIVE FEATURE :lol: :lol: :lol:

Marka1700

More like GS need to get thier 360 fixed, This don't happen to my brother who manged to get it early from Toys R us.

none of the other reviews i have read ever mentioned constant freezing as a problem.

it seems like jeff's hardware was the problem, and it is not right to score piece of software poorly if it is the hardware that is causing the problems. that's just faulty reviewing, and we really should petition jeff to play it on a different machine and re-score it.

after all, any piece of software would work poorly on a faulty piece of hardware, and to review a game poorly because of that just damages the credibility of the reviewer and the site that posts said review.

Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#322 Bansheesdie
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts
9.0, exactly what I thought it would get, and well deserved. A great, deep, immersive game that unfortunately doesn't touch heavily enough on gameplay.
Tamarind_Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323 Tamarind_Face
Member since 2007 • 2270 Posts
[QUOTE="Tamarind_Face"]

Hey heres an Idea how about you guys first play the game then judge jeff's review. I remembered back when Zelda TP flopped and there was a huge outcry from the Nintendo and Zelda fans even though they havent played the game.

And you know after playing it the majority considered it a dissappointment.

Shinobishyguy

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/928519.asp

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/wii/legendofzeldatwilightprincess?q=twilight%20princess

yeah that game was horrible amirite guys?

Sigh...it isnt a horrible game, cmon it scored 8.8. From what I read, Nintendo fans were disappointed with TP because it felt too much like OoT. And that was the main complaint Jeff had with TP.
jkmetalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#324 jkmetalf
Member since 2005 • 775 Posts
[QUOTE="jkmetalf"][QUOTE="OhhSnap50893"]

OhhSnap50893

I think it will be. It might not suffer from the techincal issues and there is not auto aim/not as easy.

However, don't quote me or take this as a bet.

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325 Dualshockin

[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="rybe1025"]How many AAA games does PS3 have compared to 360? Seems 9.0 is that easy since PS3 is not having the easiest time doing it :lol:jt8b2z

nope, pc has the most AAA and AAAe so far this gen.

I was comparing 360 to the current gen consoles,Ps3+Wii.
lordseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326 lordseer
Member since 2004 • 4671 Posts

Gamespot is slowly losing credibility IMO.Calo34

It's not just you. From the new review system to this. It's not your opinion, it's a fact.

BTW. Not one other source reported technical issues, which seem to be his major fault.

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts

:o

ProductNumber49

hehe :P, definitly a flop. why else would we see this much reaction about the score if it wasn't a flop?

Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#328 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
Jeff and all the GS staff are probably sitting back and laughing at all this chaos.-Sora
I wouldn't be surprised if they were.
bulletmath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329 bulletmath
is anyone else worried about this game being too easy? after the comments from Jeff i'm thinking this might not offer a sufficient challenge
Avatar image for MARIOSDAD_basic
MARIOSDAD_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330 MARIOSDAD_basic
Member since 2002 • 1067 Posts
It really got an 8.7 luckily the new rating system bumped it up to a 9.0 FLOP :twisted:
maabus99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 maabus99
Member since 2006 • 970 Posts

Ok, two things I have problems with, even though its the 360 review and I only care about the PC one:D:

A.) The frequent stuttering issue. First off, NO ONE else has reported this. Why didn't he investigate if he had an issue that was obviously reported as a negative in a professional review. Is he too lazy to even make a phone call or discuss it with other professional contacts in the review world?

B.) You NEVER diss anyone as a professional, and the Halo comment is something that I don't blame him directly for, but whoever his editor is at gamespotfor doing a poor job. If they wanted to act tough as a reviewer, cool. However, you lose serious credibility when you take a cheap shot at any segment of a population. And to show IMO that this is obviously a diss at Halo, I find no difference between the Halo community and the UT3 or Counterstrike communities for the lack of immaturity for online shooters. Wait does this mean Bioshock has online shoot em up now since it is being compared? It is obvious that GS is starting to lose credibility towards IGN quickly with reviewers like this (which I honestly now read more for reviews and come here for the forums, so count me slightly biased).

I will be interested if Gamespot amends their review like one of the first games review under this new system for the reason "faulty game disc."

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332 Dualshockin
[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="rybe1025"]How many AAA games does PS3 have compared to 360? Seems 9.0 is that easy since PS3 is not having the easiest time doing it :lol:rybe1025

I only care about what i said not others. I hyped AAA and woohoo I was right.

I see. Well,it scored 9.0,so your expectations were met.
kittykatz5k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#333 kittykatz5k
Member since 2004 • 32249 Posts
My chances of wining this sig bet have sky rocketed! (Veiw sig to see the bet)
Zor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 Zor
Member since 2002 • 3289 Posts

[QUOTE="Zor"]Am reading a lot of comments from fanboys who say they no longer trust GS reviews or that they'll never post on GS again. However, this isn't the first time this kind of responds has happen to a review. We (people who have been here long enough) know what going to happen. The majority of fanboys will whine for the next few days, calling the review and Jeff all sorts of nasty names, but in the long run they will forgive him and even pretend to be his biggest supporters when he gives a high score to a game they like. A la, the very same lemmings that are now calling for Jeff to be fire, are also going to be backing him if he gives Halo 3 a high score.AnimeArtist

Sorry, but it's not like that, at least not for me. As I said in an earlier post in this thread, I've been coming to this website for eight, years and I've seen all the flops and unpredictable scores over the years. However, what's getting to me is the new review system, and how this review makes no sense at all. The reason I came to this site were the reviews. Not the community and not the forums, it was the credibility of the reviews. However, I feel like this site has lost that credibility over time. Yeah, the low scores that make every angry pass over time and everyone eventually just forgets about it, but this one is the the pebble that caused an avalanche. Bioshock got a great score, but just not what it deserved. It seems as though it was for shock value, to get more people back to site. Really though, I don't know, I just don't trust gamespot for reviews anymore.

So you have played the game from start to finish and have enough experince with video games to rate this game? Because if you havn't/don't then you can not say it didn't get the score it deserved.

Reviews should help you form an opinion on a game, they shouldn't be your opinion on a game.

darklord888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 darklord888
Member since 2004 • 8382 Posts
is anyone else worried about this game being too easy? after the comments from Jeff i'm thinking this might not offer a sufficient challengebulletmath

Play it on hard?
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 Dualshockin
Would it happen to be the sequel to this game ?Yellow_Rose
It is indeed that very same Exclusive. And it won't be Jeff reviewing it ;)
Marka1700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337 Marka1700
Member since 2003 • 7500 Posts
[QUOTE="Marka1700"][QUOTE="zipozal"]

Constant freezing after you've been playing for hours

:lol: WHAT AN AWSOME 360 EXCLUSIVE FEATURE :lol: :lol: :lol:

mwa

More like GS need to get thier 360 fixed, This don't happen to my brother who manged to get it early from Toys R us.

none of the other reviews i have read ever mentioned constant freezing as a problem.

it seems like jeff's hardware was the problem, and it is not right to score piece of software poorly if it is the hardware that is causing the problems. that's just faulty reviewing, and we really should petition jeff to play it on a different machine and re-score it.

after all, any piece of software would work poorly on a faulty piece of hardware, and to review a game poorly because of that just damages the credibility of the reviewer and the site that posts said review.

Exactly, This bug is exclusive to gamespot.

hotdaisy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338 hotdaisy18
Member since 2004 • 1909 Posts
So now Lemmings are biased against GS with this review? :lol: :lol: Hahahahahahaahahahaha! The Cows will be next with Lair or Heavenly Sword. God I love these boards. Almost everyone is so bloody fickle with their gaming. Truely entertaining.
Hadoken_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339 Hadoken_Kid
Member since 2006 • 1770 Posts
[QUOTE="Funkyhamster"]

[QUOTE="Storm_Winds"]Even the AAA, its clearly a Flop IMO. Almost every lemming hyped that game to be high AAA(9.5+) or AAAA(10) and Goty material, now its clearly none of these. Hockey_Slayer

It ain't just lemmings... I have a GC, PC, and PS3, and I also was hyping it 9.5/10...

I think almost everyone Hyped it 9.5+, But hey 9.0 is still a very good score. People need to calm down a little, it isn't a flop. But I must admit, when you do read the reveiw it is a little dissapointing.

if "almost everyone hyped it a 9.5+" but got 9.0 i think tis a flopped regardles of the stupid letter system.

Avatar image for MIYAMOTOnext007
MIYAMOTOnext007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340 MIYAMOTOnext007
Member since 2006 • 3061 Posts
:o I to was shocked when I saw the review I thought it would atleast get a 9.5 maybe even be the first AAAA in years.
dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#341 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16019 Posts
I think I know why it didn't recieve a 9.5- because Bioshock is too good and he didn't want to upset Sony and Nintendo fans.
SgtWhiskeyjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#342 SgtWhiskeyjack
Member since 2004 • 16364 Posts

Cool, another AAA. Just waiting for Blue Dragon review now. I have that on pre-order too.

EXLINK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343 EXLINK
Member since 2003 • 5719 Posts
A 9.0 because of "annoying hitches" after several hours of gameplay? Maybe your 360 is becoming defective? And because there is no death penalty? Wow, this is a ridiculously low score for those 2 Con's.....
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344 Dualshockin
It really got an 8.7 luckily the new rating system bumped it up to a 9.0 FLOP :twisted:MARIOSDAD_basic
I'm still looking for the people that said Mario Galaxy had no chance against it for AAAA GOTY lol
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
Another overrated 360 game.
Dencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346 Dencore
Member since 2006 • 7094 Posts

Agreed. I've played the demo for longer then it took me to finish the GeoW campaign.

And to those saying the game flopped, it didn't the review flopped as well as the reviewer. These supposed "issues" have not been reported by any other source and would most likely be caused by a overheating 360. I highly doubt he tried it on multiple consoles, new and old, Elite an Premium.

foxhound_fox

The only people that "flop" are those who actually take review scores seriously.

Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#347 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
[QUOTE="smokeydabear076"][QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="rybe1025"]Well at least another AAA for lemmings. Do not worry cows you have Lair comming up :lol:Dualshockin
Careful now,9.0 isn't hard to beat :lol: Where are those that said Super Mario Galaxy would never outscore Bioshock?

Well the PS3 is having a really hard time doing that.

Are you saying there's no game on Ps3 that has scored more than 9.0 ;) ?

No, but I am saying that the PS3 is having a hard time getting AAA when it comes to exclusives and multiplatform games.
Tactis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#348 Tactis
Member since 2006 • 1568 Posts

"Its weak link is its unsatisfying no-skill-required combat, which might aim this one just over the head of the average Halo fan"

what exactly does that mean...

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts

My chances of wining this sig bet have sky rocketed! (Veiw sig to see the bet)kittykatz5k

I doubt we'll be seeing an AAA Smash Bros. now :cry:

SgtWhiskeyjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350 SgtWhiskeyjack
Member since 2004 • 16364 Posts

So now Lemmings are biased against GS with this review? :lol: :lol: Hahahahahahaahahahaha! The Cows will be next with Lair or Heavenly Sword. God I love these boards. Almost everyone is so bloody fickle with their gaming. Truely entertaining.hotdaisy18

:| so much for peoples idea that this is lemming spot.