Official Assassins Creed discussion thread 9.0 (KEEP IT HERE!)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#251 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts

I'm confused!!!!! I don't know what to think of the game. On one hand I go by 3 mayor sites. Gamespot, IGN and Gametrailers. Both G's gave it AAA while IGN = A. Hmm so it's AA in my mind so it must be good.

But still, I'm confused!

Edit: Even more confused!! Gamespot's says that the PS3 version has better framerate and IGN says otherwise.

HELP

xooco

I like how IGN openly states that AC has a poor story.

And then GS gives it a merit for having a great story.

WTF?

CelineDion

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. It's like the twilight zone or something. Wuz goin on?!!?!
Either way, it stays unpreordered until I've made sense out of this nonsense.

Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#252 Sonick54
Member since 2005 • 7947 Posts
[QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"]

[QUOTE="-Renegade"]:lol:and it starts. PS3 gets another one.Can't wait to pick this up along with Uncharted damn I am glad I went with PS3 we get all the good games.-Renegade

You realise its multiplat right?

But PS3 has the better version. 8)

last i chcked, 9.0=9.0

jfreshmatrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#253 jfreshmatrix
Member since 2004 • 741 Posts
Ladys, this is what you call, a love it, or hate it type game, if you hate, all those flaws are gonna come through even more, if you love it, those flaws want get in the way of you having an amazing time, its all up to you the gamer.
Kratos_OMEGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 Kratos_OMEGA
Member since 2007 • 2872 Posts

uuhhh I think I'll just wait for the PC version and see if they upgrade it.

Blue-Sky

I heavily doubt that.

lilhomes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 lilhomes
Member since 2004 • 462 Posts

YESSSS after reading 1up and IGN I wasnt gonna get this game after so much hype for it but I definatly am now,

Warp_2567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#257 Warp_2567
Member since 2004 • 11701 Posts
Assassin's Creed isn't that great at all. The combat and abilities reminds me of Tenchu + Heavenly Sword, but still ends up being broken. 
After playing this game, I can really see Uncharted scoring AAA
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts

Ladys, this is what you call, a love it, or hate it type game, if you hate, all those flaws are gonna come through even more, if you love it, those flaws want get in the way of you having an amazing time, its all up to you the gamer.jfreshmatrix

But you don't know if you hate it or love it until you've bought it, and then it's already too late. damn it!

cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 cakeorrdeath
Member since 2006 • 19079 Posts
[QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"]

[QUOTE="-Renegade"]:lol:and it starts. PS3 gets another one.Can't wait to pick this up along with Uncharted damn I am glad I went with PS3 we get all the good games.-Renegade

Says who?, gamespot didnt.

Cry0Tek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#260 Cry0Tek
Member since 2007 • 863 Posts
[QUOTE="-Renegade"][QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"]

[QUOTE="-Renegade"]:lol:and it starts. PS3 gets another one.Can't wait to pick this up along with Uncharted damn I am glad I went with PS3 we get all the good games.Sonick54

last i chcked, 9.0=9.0

Seriosly...that was a moronic comment. 9.0 friend for both systems.

Insideous_rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 Insideous_rex
Member since 2007 • 88 Posts

Guys, don't forget that Game Trailers gave it a 9.1 and they tend to be pretty balanced with their reviews.

So, you have 3 options;

Believe 1up and IGN

Believe GS and GT

Play it for yourself.

I'd go with the third option.

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#262 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts
[QUOTE="TyrantDragon55"]

QUOTE="InsaneBasura"]This is all just really confusing and weird. Half of the critics basically find no faults and the other half calls it a disappointment mostly due to its repetitive design. I don't know who to believe. I lean towards Eurogamer though. The positive reviews just seem to glance over everything, not going in depth about anything really. The "7" sites don't get their complaints from nowhere you know, the positive reviews just seem to be ignoring them.-Renegade

What's confusing me is the huge contradictions between these reviews, spifically GS v.s. IGN, and it's not just the differences between the two versions either. IGN says the audio design is nothing special, GS says it's incredible. IGN says the story is bad, GS says it's awesome. It's like they played two entirely different games.

Well this reminds of the Heavenly Sword review. I think IGN seriously underrated that game.

It is exactly what happend with HS, but if you want the more reliable source, go with GS, they just copy paste what I did say in my posts lol, seriously though, GS is right with the score, I loved every word in their review also.

ultima-flare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 ultima-flare
Member since 2003 • 2259 Posts

This game's varied reviews has really opened up my eyes. I am no longer going to base my purchases on review scores as highly as I do now. People have different opinions, as these AC reviews point out. What's most important to me in a game(single player) is story, presentation, and length. I don't need the gameplay to be perfect or super awesome or revolutionary(this would be nice though). As long as the gameplay isn't aggravating, I don't care. This game seems to excel in these areas. Heck, even though Lair got ripped apart in the media, I would give it a 7.5. Sure, its gameplay had some issues, but its great presentation made it a worthwhile experience to me.

Regarding the IGN review. The reviewer of both versions happens to be the editor-in-chief of Xbox 360 IGN. I'm not saying he is bias, but there is always that possibility. Also, no other review source has said that the ps3 version runs at a worse framerate. On the other hand, Gamespot says ps3 version has the better framerate. Generally, Gamespot reviews the final retail versions of games(which explains why they are almost always the last to review), so I will take their word for it; that is, both versions are equally great.

Ilived

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 Ilived
Member since 2007 • 5516 Posts
Both say the 360 version looks better.
black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 black_awpN1
Member since 2004 • 7863 Posts
Good to see the game didnt flop. Even better to see PS3 version on par with 360 version. PS3 has better Frame rates adn 360 version has better Lighting. So its a toss up.
Warp_2567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 Warp_2567
[QUOTE="-Renegade"][QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"]

[QUOTE="-Renegade"]:lol:and it starts. PS3 gets another one.Can't wait to pick this up along with Uncharted damn I am glad I went with PS3 we get all the good games.cakeorrdeath

Says who?, gamespot didnt.

better framerate on PS3

better lighting on 360

"Ps3 owners are blessed with a slightly more solid frame rate, although the 360 version features a little more contrast in the lighting"

though imo, I would pick better frame rate over lighting
Cry0Tek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 Cry0Tek
[QUOTE="-Renegade"][QUOTE="TyrantDragon55"]

QUOTE="InsaneBasura"]This is all just really confusing and weird. Half of the critics basically find no faults and the other half calls it a disappointment mostly due to its repetitive design. I don't know who to believe. I lean towards Eurogamer though. The positive reviews just seem to glance over everything, not going in depth about anything really. The "7" sites don't get their complaints from nowhere you know, the positive reviews just seem to be ignoring them.HAZE-Unit

What's confusing me is the huge contradictions between these reviews, spifically GS v.s. IGN, and it's not just the differences between the two versions either. IGN says the audio design is nothing special, GS says it's incredible. IGN says the story is bad, GS says it's awesome. It's like they played two entirely different games.

Well this reminds of the Heavenly Sword review. I think IGN seriously underrated that game.

It is exactly what happend with HS, but if you want the more reliable source, go with GS, they just copy paste what I did say in my posts lol, seriously though, GS is right with the score, I loved every word in their review also.

I won't mention the length of that game, which was its downfall, but the art was beautiful.

TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 TyrantDragon55
Member since 2004 • 6851 Posts
[QUOTE="-Renegade"][QUOTE="TyrantDragon55"]

QUOTE="InsaneBasura"]This is all just really confusing and weird. Half of the critics basically find no faults and the other half calls it a disappointment mostly due to its repetitive design. I don't know who to believe. I lean towards Eurogamer though. The positive reviews just seem to glance over everything, not going in depth about anything really. The "7" sites don't get their complaints from nowhere you know, the positive reviews just seem to be ignoring them.HAZE-Unit

They didn't go into any detail at all though. They spent3 paragraphs talking about the graphics and sound and then just briefly summarized how the gameplay works and what the story is about without any mention of what makes it good or bad. And on top of that they say the game is 20+ hours long, whereas everyother review (including the other positive ones) say 10 - 15.

cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 cakeorrdeath
Member since 2006 • 19079 Posts

better framerate on PS3

better lighting on 360

"Ps3 owners are blessed with a slightly more solid frame rate, although the 360 version features a little more contrast in the lighting"

though imo, I would pick better frame rate over lightingWarp_2567

You missed out the key line "So its a toss up"

Ie they are as good as each other.

xTHExJUICEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 xTHExJUICEx
Member since 2007 • 3126 Posts

Having stupid AI and repetitive gameplay still has me unconvinced, I guess ill just rent it.

Hadoken_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 Hadoken_Kid
Member since 2006 • 1770 Posts

Having stupid AI and repetitive gameplay still has me unconvinced, I guess ill just rent it.

xTHExJUICEx

says the person with with a GOd of War avatar

ultima-flare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 ultima-flare
Member since 2003 • 2259 Posts

xTHExJUICEx

I don't think the AI is as bad as some are making it out to be. Supposedly, when you first enter an area, the soldiers aren't suspicious of you and you can get away with a lot of things(hence that scene in the GT review where Altair kills the guard and the other guard looks suspiciously at him but doesn't attack him). Repition might be a problem, but hey, no game is perfect.

Warp_2567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 Warp_2567
[QUOTE="Warp_2567"]

better framerate on PS3

better lighting on 360

though imo, I would pick better frame rate over lightingcakeorrdeath

I never said one version was better than the other...just clearing up some confusion, thats all :)
mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts
[QUOTE="Warp_2567"]

better framerate on PS3

better lighting on 360

though imo, I would pick better frame rate over lightingcakeorrdeath

no, they said "it's pretty much a wash" lol pwned...j/k :P

Kratos_OMEGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 Kratos_OMEGA
Member since 2007 • 2872 Posts
[QUOTE="xTHExJUICEx"]

Hadoken_Kid

Kind of ironic but GoW is amazing nonethelss and AC is as well.

xTHExJUICEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 xTHExJUICEx
Member since 2007 • 3126 Posts
[QUOTE="xTHExJUICEx"]

ultima-flare

I don't think the AI is as bad as some are making it out to be. Supposedly, when you first enter an area, the soldiers aren't suspicious of you and you can get away with a lot of things(hence that scene in the GT review where Altair kills the guard and the other guard looks suspiciously at him but doesn't attack him). Repition might be a problem, but hey, no game is perfect.

Well every review has mentioned it, that and repetitive gameplay.....Im just surprised GS is the only site that didnt list it under its "The Bad" category.

kingyotoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 kingyotoX
Member since 2007 • 2689 Posts

Awsome can't w8 to get it

Cry0Tek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 Cry0Tek
[QUOTE="xTHExJUICEx"]

Hadoken_Kid

LMAO, so so true.:lol:

Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 Adrian_Cloud
Member since 2006 • 7169 Posts

:lol: This game is getting mixed reviews around the internet. Most around 8.5. Looks like GS bought into the hype and got it wrong again. People are complaining about what console it looks better on? Either one you get it you'll be disappointed.

Another good '07 rental.

CyanX73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 CyanX73
Member since 2004 • 3389 Posts
Think I'll rent it first. IGN stated the PS3's frame rate was really bad after the first 2/3 of the game.
0rin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#281 0rin
Member since 2006 • 7179 Posts
Actually, I find the GS review to be quite fair this time. If you look at Kevin's other reviews, he tends to under-rate games. He gave Personae 3 for the PS2 an 8.5. Overall though, he seems to rate games pretty fairly. He seems to be one of GS's better writer/reviewers. It's funny how the same people I saw sticking up for that hack Aaron Thomas, are now bashing Kevin's review. lol. I think its because he said both versions are nearly identical? LOL @ lemmings not being able to accept that the PS3 is capable of doing everything the 360 does.

Oh well, at first today, I was worried of whether or not to pick this game up, but after reading the GS review, and watching the GT review, as well as reading the IGN review, I think the game will be fine. It seems IGN docked it a little too heavily for certain issues, which is odd, because usually IGN is pretty accurate.

Either way, as all the lemmings say whenever a PS3 game flops "Only GS scores matter in System Wars". As such, same goes for their words. PS3 version has a little better framerate, 360 version has a little better contrast. Both versions are very simular, therefore the only ownage here is to the sheep that say "BU BU BU.. TEH INNOVASHUN :cry:"

:P (j/k sheep, enjoy your DS version :lol: )
Hadoken_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 Hadoken_Kid
Member since 2006 • 1770 Posts
[QUOTE="Hadoken_Kid"][QUOTE="xTHExJUICEx"]

Kratos_OMEGA

Kind of ironic but GoW is amazing nonethelss and AC is as well.

I agree

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 HAZE-Unit
[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]

Cry0Tek

I won't mention the length of that game, which was its downfall, but the art was beautiful.

It is a long game, what's up with that?

123Dan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 123Dan123
Member since 2003 • 14078 Posts
I trust GameSpot on this one. KevinV is a really good reviewer.
TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 TyrantDragon55
Member since 2004 • 6851 Posts
[QUOTE="xTHExJUICEx"]

ultima-flare

The guard was standing right there when Altair killed the guy! You're telling me if you and your buddy where on guard somewhere and you heard him cry in pain and then turn around and see some guy standing over his dead body you wouldn't put 2 and 2 together?

Ericvon71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 Ericvon71
Member since 2004 • 3219 Posts

Both say the 360 version looks better.Ilived

You should really stop posting..........

blahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 blahzor
Member since 2005 • 2287 Posts

what the?! IGN specifically notes that the PS3 version has a worse framerate that is very noticable later on in the game, yet gamespot says otherwise(in fact stating that the 360 version is the lesser).. then there's the issue of the story.

What's going on? There are some huge contradictions here.. and some that are not just "opinion" based.

I might give assassin's creed a shot sometime in december after my exams, but i'm no longer going to buy it first.. i need to see what i make of these issues. But if anyone has any experience here, please let us know

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#288 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
OVERRATED, ive played the game at my friends and i foudn it to be very repetative with a terrible story. Sure the graphics, sound and exploring is nice, but its not worth a 9.0 imo
alia999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 alia999
Member since 2005 • 1353 Posts

i think really the difference in opinioni comes in this aspect: whether to overlook the flaws that ARE THERE, seeing the bright side and reckognising the innovative and very fun system.

Cry0Tek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 Cry0Tek
[QUOTE="Cry0Tek"][QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]

HAZE-Unit

It is a long game, what's up with that?

...:|...your serious?

meme378

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 meme378
Member since 2007 • 548 Posts

lol at ds version.I agree with your points- ign was too harsh. 360 and ps3 owners should all just enjoy their games.

the differences between the ps3 and xbox 360 version are obviously quite minimal because ign and gs contradict each other as they can hardly tell the difference.

Forza_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 Forza_2
Member since 2007 • 3083 Posts
Well... at least they set the standard for animations ! That counts for something.
ps3weee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293 ps3weee
Member since 2006 • 1165 Posts
Bah crap , I was looking forward to this one, what a bad day ... what convinced me not to buy this game is the AI , it looks so fu**ing stupid when you go in that "stelthmode " after you kill a guard and the other guard can't figure outit was you. also the combat where every guard " eats popcorn and gets free entertainment " while you kill the other guads , man what a flopp. Hope MASS EFFECT live upp to the hype.I think Mario Galaxymight get the GOTYaward.
HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 HAZE-Unit

xTHExJUICEx

The AI is tough actually, I've died alot of times, some times it is better to run than fighting, this is the only game That make me run instead of fighting lol, so don't be dissapointed.

As for repetitive, I think everygame when your hands get used to it would be repetitive even if it has ALOT OF VARIETY in the gameplay which AC has it.

Let me ask you a question, do you like GTA? do you love ignoring the missions and just shoot people and escape from the police, or only exploring the cities, AC is exactly like that in a different way, in a different time line, with more living environment, the people's reactions are so real, you will laugh at some comments from them, let me tell you this, any one who likes GTA, will love this game, guaranteed.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
[QUOTE="xTHExJUICEx"]

HAZE-Unit

The AI is tough actually, I've died alot of times, some times it is better to run than fighting, this is the only game That make me run instead of fighting lol, so don't be dissapointed.

As for repetitive, I think everygame when your hands get used to it would be repetitive even if it has ALOT OF VARIETY in the gameplay which AC has it.

Let me ask you a question, do you like GTA? do you love ignoring the missions and just shoot people and escape from the police, or only exploring the cities, AC is exactly like that in a different way, in a different time line, with more living environment, the people's reactions are so real, you will laugh at some comments from them, let me tell you this, any one who likes GTA, will love this game, guaranteed.

When I played an early build all you had to do was run away for a bit, circle round and then kill whomever had been chasing you. That was part of my gripe with the AI, has that changed?
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
I love how some cows are now bashing IGN and praising GS :)
leegar88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297 leegar88
Member since 2006 • 5307 Posts
Wow I hope you all still enjoy the game, I was shocked by the reviews.
leegar88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 leegar88
Member since 2006 • 5307 Posts

I love how some cows are now bashing IGN and praising GS :)blue_hazy_basic

Yeah the shallowness of SW never stops amazing me.

skyform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#299 skyform
Member since 2005 • 1522 Posts

Hahaha, i can't do anythig other then just laugh at GS, they are so strange, they have very taste, first PDZ now AC.

Sorry guys but this game does not deserve a 9/10. I was waiting for this game burt im a bi dissapointed. I alreaady finished it, it's a great game with great controls and a very good idea, but it's it's so damn repetive that i was forcing my self to finish it just because of the story and to see the ending and what then, the ending is confusing as gs said and also bad.

I already said yesterday that i would give it a7.8/10, before there where any reviews but i also said that i could easily be a 9/10 or even more with more variations, go play the game is you don't belive me but this game is amazing repevie.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#300 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts
[QUOTE="xTHExJUICEx"]

HAZE-Unit

Good point. I believe you.