Official Assassins Creed discussion thread 9.0 (KEEP IT HERE!)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tactis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#151 Tactis
Member since 2006 • 1568 Posts
flop of the year, or at least the most disappointing well screw buying this game thank god for mass effect!!
Arsuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 Arsuz
Member since 2003 • 2318 Posts
[QUOTE="Rifle76"]

[QUOTE="Arsuz"]Ouch. What about the PC version? I can't acces IGN right now. Don't know why.mastarifla

Its not up yet

Correction... the PC game doesn't come out until like Early 2008 I think

Really? Well I guess it will not pain me to wait. As a matter of fact, I won't wait at all now that 2 of the big 3 have flopped it (GS, IGN, 1UP).

Oh and before I forget: LOOOOL PS3 VERSION GOT LOWER!!! :lol: TCHBO! AGAIN!

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#153 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

flop of the year, or at least the most disappointing well screw buying this game thank god for mass effect!!Tactis

that was lair

fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#154 fenwickhotmail
Member since 2004 • 7308 Posts
FLOP but i saw it coming so im not really fussed
mastarifla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#155 mastarifla
Member since 2005 • 2448 Posts
[QUOTE="mastarifla"][QUOTE="Rifle76"]

[QUOTE="Arsuz"]Ouch. What about the PC version? I can't acces IGN right now. Don't know why.Arsuz

Its not up yet

Correction... the PC game doesn't come out until like Early 2008 I think

Really? Well I guess it will not pain me to wait. As a matter of fact, I won't wait at all now that 2 of the big 3 have flopped it (GS, IGN, 1UP).

Oh and before I forget: LOOOOL PS3 VERSION GOT LOWER!!! :lol: TCHBO! AGAIN!

Well remember what RE4 was like on the PC? Modders were able to fix that up really nicely.
puissance000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 puissance000
Member since 2003 • 1484 Posts
It sucks that the game doesn't have good AI :cry:
sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#157 sexy_chimp
Member since 2007 • 6457 Posts
Well, there goes one of the "big multiplats" that Wii owners miss out on.
ss_49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 ss_49
Member since 2007 • 1337 Posts

Playing back-to-back with the 360 version, it's obvious that Ubisoft did not devote enough resources to the PS3 edition. The framerate is considerably worse, so much so that it begins to affect gameplay in the later levels. You can get through the first two-thirds of Assassin with the framerate being just an annoyance, but it becomes more of an issue for the final third of the missions.IGN Review

This is horrible news for cows...:S

Isn't Ubisoft Montreal the same dev team that claimed PS3 development was a piece of cake?

haris12121212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 haris12121212
Member since 2004 • 7560 Posts
Seems like it's an A title. Pretty sad, it had high potential. Oh well still good game guess good for a rent after all.
wiidominance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 wiidominance
Member since 2006 • 1499 Posts

because all Assassin creeds topics are getting locked, which i think is moronic imho, cause tell me ? how many people will see this post as opposed to a single topic, and I think Mods should distinguishe between one line posts .. and a whole argument post ... oh well ... what can i say ...

here goes the post :

this post discusses a single significant point of the argument.

WHAT THE #%@ is wrong with these low reviews from IGN and 1up ??? Did they give any credit to the story at all ? Can you seriously penalize a game for simply being repetitive after half of the game when other RPGs are almost entirely based on grinding yet score higher, and seriously is repetition something that brings a game down to that point ? since when ??

DID THEY FREAKING CONSIDER THE TECHNICAL ACHIEVEMENTS OF AsC ?

DID THEY EVEN REALIZE WHATS THE SETTING IS ALL ABOUT ? I.E. THE STORY ?

Anyway, I think you guys need to check a more sensible review, which is in my opinion Game trailer's review. http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27754.html?type=

Those @#$!@ reviewers seriously need to consider FE (that stands for further education) at least a college degree if you see what i mean. Their knowledge is so shallow that they are under-appreciating masterpieces and great epic stories of history. The most sophisticated thing they can absorb and appreciate seems to be how mindlessly can you kill a monster or a nazi or "now" a more general term "terrorists".

7.7 for assassins creed ... Pfffft .... the crowd's interactivity robust system on its own is probably worth 8.0 just to be able to experience it ....lol .. I say .. lol ..MORE OF LAWL to say the least ..

By the way, the most thing that pisses me off about these reviews as well as GS's reviews is the incredible inconsistency, I mean how on earth could assassin creed be equal in production values to another 7.7 title or even an 8.0 released in the same period ... tell me .. how ??? (forget crysis for a second, i heard it got 8.0 in 1up, my guesses are, they had a mass hashish party for all reviewers to pass the crunch period)

Oh the irony, games created by some of the most talented and creative people in world are judged by people who probably can't pass a test in Teh Engrish Language of Teh writingz of reviewz ...

I duno what to say anymore ..

Keep it clean .. Keep it freaking REAL ...

peace^^

If you agree .. tell me what you think ... not being able to post this as a separate topic still pisses me off though ... IDOIT Aliens crossing the streets ..

i mean ..

nothing really .. :)

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts
if AC is boring then how come a borefest like Oblivion was GOTY? all side quests were repetitive and main quest was boring as heck, main quest basically involved you travling to a certain place, doing a side quest for some idiot who would then give you something so you can progress and retrieve some crap....thats it, and all other quests like The Dark Brotherhood quests where you just waited till certain time of the day and killed the dude.....so ummm yeah how is oblivion not repetitive?
ChrisMun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 ChrisMun
Member since 2003 • 1100 Posts
Seeing the PS3 version suffer really isn't that all surprizing. They hardly showed anything of the PS3 version till like 2 - 3 weeks ago. Eh. Sucks for those who just have a PS3. Heh. I bet Uncharted gets more praise then Assassins Creed.
Madsucktion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Madsucktion
Member since 2003 • 2079 Posts

because all Assassin creeds topics are getting locked, which i think is moronic imho, cause tell me ? how many people will see this post as opposed to a single topic, and I think Mods should distinguishe between one line posts .. and a whole argument post ... oh well ... what can i say ...

here goes the post :

this post discusses a single significant point of the argument.

WHAT THE #%@ is wrong with these low reviews from IGN and 1up ??? Did they give any credit to the story at all ? Can you seriously penalize a game for simply being repetitive after half of the game when other RPGs are almost entirely based on grinding yet score higher, and seriously is repetition something that brings a game down to that point ? since when ??

DID THEY FREAKING CONSIDER THE TECHNICAL ACHIEVEMENTS OF AsC ?

DID THEY EVEN REALIZE WHATS THE SETTING IS ALL ABOUT ? I.E. THE STORY ?

Anyway, I think you guys need to check a more sensible review, which is in my opinion Game trailer's review. http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27754.html?type=

Those @#$!@ reviewers seriously need to consider FE (that stands for further education) at least a college degree if you see what i mean. Their knowledge is so shallow that they are under-appreciating masterpieces and great epic stories of history. The most sophisticated thing they can absorb and appreciate seems to be how mindlessly can you kill a monster or a nazi or "now" a more general term "terrorists".

7.7 for assassins creed ... Pfffft .... the crowd's interactivity robust system on its own is probably worth 8.0 just to be able to experience it ....lol .. I say .. lol ..MORE OF LAWL to say the least ..

By the way, the most thing that pisses me off about these reviews as well as GS's reviews is the incredible inconsistency, I mean how on earth could assassin creed be equal in production values to another 7.7 title or even an 8.0 released in the same period ... tell me .. how ??? (forget crysis for a second, i heard it got 8.0 in 1up, my guesses are, they had a mass hashish party for all reviewers to pass the crunch period)

Oh the irony, games created by some of the most talented and creative people in world are judged by people who probably can't pass a test in Teh Engrish Language of Teh writingz of reviewz ...

I duno what to say anymore ..

Keep it clean .. Keep it freaking REAL ...

peace^^

If you agree .. tell me what you think ... not being able to post this as a separate topic still pisses me off though ... IDOIT Aliens crossing the streets ..

i mean ..

nothing really .. :)

wiidominance

Questions:

1. Have you played the game yet and therefore formed your own opinion based on experience?

2. Does your opinion completely disagree wtih the so called "Bad" reviews?

Answer:

Congratulations! You have found out that your, and only your opinion really matters. Ignore them and enjoy your game.

Arsuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Arsuz
Member since 2003 • 2318 Posts

great epic stories of history

wiidominance

The story is about some guy 10 years from now getting to relive his ancestors memories through some kind of gene scanning device :| Epic stories of history indeed!

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#165 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts
One particular thing in the IGN review that I find amusing is the fact that they gave Assassin's Creed an 8.5 in graphics, whearas they gave Halo 3 (which I loved by the way) a 9.0 in graphics. I am sorry, but it does not take a genius to see that Halo 3 is no where near as visually impressive as AC is....especially the character models.
mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts

One particular thing in the IGN review that I find amusing is the fact that they gave Assassin's Creed an 8.5 in graphics, whearas they gave Halo 3 (which I loved by the way) a 9.0 in graphics. I am sorry, but it does not take a genius to see that Halo 3 is no where near as visually impressive as AC is....especially the character models.ironcreed

its like if the game has 1 bad point it completely overshadows all the good stuff

CrimsonTide29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 CrimsonTide29
Member since 2004 • 100 Posts
[QUOTE="wiidominance"]

great epic stories of history

Arsuz

The story is about some guy 10 years from now getting to relive his ancestors memories through some kind of gene scanning device :| Epic stories of history indeed!

Wow, thanks for just ruining it whatnot.

TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 TyrantDragon55
Member since 2004 • 6851 Posts

One particular thing in the IGN review that I find amusing is the fact that they gave Assassin's Creed an 8.5 in graphics, whearas they gave Halo 3 (which I loved by the way) a 9.0 in graphics. I am sorry, but it does not take a genius to see that Halo 3 is no where near as visually impressive as AC is....especially the character models.ironcreed

Graphics are more than just how pretty a game looks, Assassin's Creed is full of glitches.

-Sniper99-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#169 -Sniper99-
Member since 2004 • 8983 Posts
I was going to buy this game. Might need to rent it first:|
Bren128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Bren128
Member since 2003 • 2358 Posts
see, we told you guys the 360 would ruin AC. j/k, the enemy A.I looks completely ridiculous and it seems like the combat can get quite repetitive. which should probably keep the game from getting AAA status. Still looks interesting, now im faced with whether to buy or rent. hmm
greenleaflink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 greenleaflink
Member since 2006 • 3686 Posts

IGN - 7.7

WOW THATS A FLOP!

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
Wow review up and it got a 9.0, I'm pleasantly surprised!
tonyleo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 tonyleo01
Member since 2004 • 2255 Posts
I think the dude who reviewed this game for 1up was just sucking at the game and hated it. Don't let that fool you; the game is amazing... pure and simple.
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#174 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts
[QUOTE="ironcreed"]

Well, it is definitely starting to look like that is not meeting reviewers expectations, that's for sure. However, I am still fairly confident that I will love the game personally. But I am definitely going to go into playing it with a level and realistic mindset so that I will not set myself to be let down.

Even so though, I still think it will be a terrific game from my perspective....and that is what counts. But it does indeed look like it is not quite meeting it's hype. Though it would not be the first time it happened to a game that I ended up loving anyway, that's for sure. Therefore, I am not going to read anymore reviews until I have played the game myself tomorrow.

HarlockJC

I understand where you are coming from there are many low ranked games on my favs list. Sometimes scorces only metter in system wars.

It's not the score that matters, but why the game got the score it did. While the mechanics may be well implemented and the visuals stunning, the lack of things to do combined with the game's repetitive nature made me cancel my pre-order.

Basically; read the reviews people, not just the scores.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 ironcreed

[QUOTE="ironcreed"]One particular thing in the IGN review that I find amusing is the fact that they gave Assassin's Creed an 8.5 in graphics, whearas they gave Halo 3 (which I loved by the way) a 9.0 in graphics. I am sorry, but it does not take a genius to see that Halo 3 is no where near as visually impressive as AC is....especially the character models.mingo123

its like if the game has 1 bad point it completely overshadows all the good stuff

I agree, That is the way it goes with some reviewers, and why I am positive that I will still dig the hell out of this game. Even if does not completely live up to the hype it set for itself.

Here is another comparison that I find quite ironic. They say that Assassin's Creed is repetitive and the fact that it has no multiplayer hurts the replayability? What about a game like Bioshock? A great game indeed, but it is one of the more repetitive games that I have played this year, and it has no multiplayer. So what gives?

It just goes to show that reviews are not gospel, and are full of double standards. And why some people base all of their gaming purchases solely off of other's opinions is quite baffling, if you ask me. Oh well, it is what it is, lol. Cannot wait to pick up AC tomorrow.

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

ASSASSINS CREED IGN SCORES:

PS3 Version - 7.5

XBOX 360 Version - 7.7

"These big open worlds, which are fully interactive, do come at a severe cost on PS3.There is considerable texture pop-in and noticeable framerate issues. Playing back-to-back with the 360 version, it's obvious that Ubisoft did not devote enough resources to the PS3 edition. The framerate is considerably worse, so much so that it begins to affect gameplay in the later levels. You can get through the first two-thirds of Assassin with the framerate being just an annoyance, but it becomes more of an issue for the final third of the missions."

acegunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 acegunslinger
Member since 2004 • 1223 Posts

IGN - 7.7

WOW THATS A FLOP!

greenleaflink

While GI, Gametrailers, and Gamepro all gave it AAA scores. At this point the GS review could go either way.

MetalContra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 MetalContra
Member since 2006 • 1131 Posts
This game didnt flop at all! GS gives it a 9.0!
Dramatika25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Dramatika25
Member since 2006 • 70 Posts

This game didnt flop at all! GS gives it a 9.0!MetalContra

lol indeed not a flop

Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Zeliard9
Member since 2007 • 6030 Posts
And Gamespot gives it a 9. This has to be the biggest love it or hate it game I've ever seen. Seriously, look at the wide variance in scores. It's crazy.
mtradr43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 mtradr43
Member since 2005 • 5272 Posts
[QUOTE="greenleaflink"]

IGN - 7.7

WOW THATS A FLOP!

acegunslinger

While GI, Gametrailers, and Gamepro all gave it AAA scores. At this point the GS review could go either way.

do you see the differences though? those reviews all came out early. The reviews out now are average to sub par. they reviewed higher because they were given the chance to get their word out early.

whocares9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#183 whocares9
Member since 2004 • 5062 Posts

Congrats on the 9.0. I want the PC version :)

Looks like IGN pulled a Ratchet and Clank future over there.

Gamer556

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Gamer556
Member since 2006 • 3846 Posts

9.0 AAA at GS!

IGN and 1up officially suck.

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

IGN's review was MUCH more detailed - scroll up to my post and read it.

The PS3 version has terrible framerates comapred to the 360 version.

haris12121212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 haris12121212
Member since 2004 • 7560 Posts
Wow it got 9.0 on both versions o.O Now thats a surprise lol. Great. I guess it was indeed hate it or love it.
Dramatika25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Dramatika25
Member since 2006 • 70 Posts

And Gamespot gives it a 9. This has to be the biggest love it or hate it game I've ever seen. Seriously, look at the wide variance in scores. It's crazy.Zeliard9

Well Im gonna have to go with gamespot on this one. Im so sick of critics slamming games for not being inovative and them not giving them credit when they are. The game is fun and inovative and thats all that matters.

whocares9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 whocares9

9.0 AAA at GS!

IGN and 1up officially suck.

Gamer556

Everyone has their compeltely wrong stupid review. This is IGNs stupid review. Gamespot has Ratchet and Clank.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 ironcreed

This game didnt flop at all! GS gives it a 9.0!MetalContra

Ahh yes, GS....respect earned.

"Assassin's Creed is a beautiful and exciting experience that you'll remember for years to come."

9.0 sounds completely reasonable to me.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#190 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Woot! 9.0! Not a flop! Haters be damned! :D Smile time!
Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Zeliard9
Member since 2007 • 6030 Posts

There's a pretty big contradiction in the IGN and Gamespot reviews about the differences between the PS3 and 360 version:

These big open worlds, which are fully interactive, do come at a severe cost on PS3. There is considerable texture pop-in and noticeable framerate issues. Playing back-to-back with the 360 version, it's obvious that Ubisoft did not devote enough resources to the PS3 edition. The framerate is considerably worse, so much so that it begins to affect gameplay in the later levels. You can get through the first two-thirds of Assassin with the framerate being just an annoyance, but it becomes more of an issue for the final third of the missions.IGN

There are few differences between the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions. PS3 owners are blessed with a slightly more solid frame rate, although the 360 version features a little more contrast in the lighting, so it's pretty much a wash.Gamespot

InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts

Where is this so called Gamespot review? I can't find it.

edit
Never mind.

This has got to be the most polarizing game for quite some time.

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts

IGN's review was MUCH more detailed - scroll up to my post and read it.

The PS3 version has terrible framerates comapred to the 360 version.

Netherscourge
That's weird, contradictions. GS says the PS3 version has a better framerate. So it all comes down to....playing it yourself and finding out.
theburg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 theburg
Member since 2005 • 976 Posts

From the gamespot review:

PS3 owners are blessed with a slightly more solid frame rate, although the 360 version features a little more contrast in the lighting, so it's pretty much a wash.

Gamespot word is LAW HERE not IGN. Stop talking trash lems.

turgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 turgore
Member since 2006 • 7859 Posts

Thank you gamespot . After the lackluster IGN review this is good news.

PS: I'm back !

TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 TyrantDragon55
Member since 2004 • 6851 Posts
So um, did IGN and Gamespot play the same game? According to IGN the PS3 version suffers from framerate issues, but Gamespot says that the PS3 version has a slightly better framerate than the 360 version. What's the deal?
Ilived

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Ilived
Member since 2007 • 5516 Posts

There's a pretty big contradiction in the IGN and Gamespot reviews about the differences between the PS3 and 360 version:

[quote="IGN"]These big open worlds, which are fully interactive, do come at a severe cost on PS3. There is considerable texture pop-in and noticeable framerate issues. Playing back-to-back with the 360 version, it's obvious that Ubisoft did not devote enough resources to the PS3 edition. The framerate is considerably worse, so much so that it begins to affect gameplay in the later levels. You can get through the first two-thirds of Assassin with the framerate being just an annoyance, but it becomes more of an issue for the final third of the missions.Zeliard9

There are few differences between the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions. PS3 owners are blessed with a slightly more solid frame rate, although the 360 version features a little more contrast in the lighting, so it's pretty much a wash.Gamespot

That's so weird. I don't know who to believe!!

turgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 turgore
Member since 2006 • 7859 Posts
Sw

From the gamespot review:

PS3 owners are blessed with a slightly more solid frame rate, although the 360 version features a little more contrast in the lighting, so it's pretty much a wash.

Gamespot word is LAW HERE not IGN. Stop talking trash lems.

theburg

I guess they are a trade however a patch can fix both of them.

cornlockes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 cornlockes
Member since 2006 • 1852 Posts
This framerate thing is interesting. I wonder who is telling the truth. IGN or GS
whocares9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 whocares9
I am happy, the 7.7 seemed like it would just be another prince of persia. Thank god it is good. After I am done playing Crysis in the year 2057 I might pick this up. If Crysis two doesn't get in the way. LoL, will definitly get this early 08.