Official Assassins Creed discussion thread 9.0 (KEEP IT HERE!)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 cakeorrdeath
Member since 2006 • 19079 Posts

keep it all here or face moderation and possible suspension

laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts
dang, I thought the review was going to be posted.
Kaosed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Kaosed
Member since 2006 • 3409 Posts
hope it gets AAA, its seems very fun
butteater86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 butteater86
Member since 2007 • 1306 Posts
I was gonna say, why is Cake locking up all the AC threads?:P
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 18569 Posts

Gah, the gameplay is still fundamentally broken - enemies attack one at a time, and you're 'practically invisible' when in low profile?

It looks fantastic, but my main AI concerns were never fixed. :(

leafs4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 leafs4ever
Member since 2006 • 99 Posts

well my thread got deleted, so i'll post it here...

Gametrailers video review is up and they gave the game a 9.1

laus_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 laus_basic
Member since 2002 • 8300 Posts

1up reviews AC(contain spoiler): http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3164319

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
I don't want to hear anyone crying about the AI. Does anyone know how hard it is to create a city with so much NPC's on the screen at once? It's impossible for all the NPC's to have sophisticated AI with the hardware that we have this generation.
user_nat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 user_nat
Member since 2006 • 3130 Posts
Can't believe 1up gave it a 7..
xTHExJUICEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 xTHExJUICEx
Member since 2007 • 3126 Posts

It sucks that the enemy AI is dumb, and that the game can begin to feel a littel repetitive....also I was suprised they said it only lasted 12 hours I thought this game was gonna last an easy 15 hours.

O well the rest of the review sounded great and got me excited about the game.

istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#12 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts

you deceived me.

game looks great except until you have to fight the AI. also the monk stance seems pretty cheap. must resist and save my money on mass effect. i ended up losing interest for this game until i saw the Gt video review.

murat8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 murat8
Member since 2006 • 10362 Posts
I hope the combat in this game turns out good I'm not liking it so far but the climbing and jumping looks very fun
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BioShockOwnz

Can't believe 1up gave it a 7..user_nat

They must be starved for hits, since they've gone down a financial hellhole as of late.

xTHExJUICEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xTHExJUICEx

1up reviews AC: http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3164319

laus_basic

YOU GOTTA BE FREAKIN KIDDING ME! Talk about spoliers!!!!! GT kept quiet during their review but these idiots let it all out.

Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 Cedmln
Member since 2006 • 8802 Posts

I don't want to hear anyone crying about the AI. Does anyone know how hard it is to create a city with so much NPC's on the screen at once? It's impossible for all the NPC's to have sophisticated AI with the hardware that we have this generation.BioShockOwnz

Well no one who has a 360 has to worry about A.I., since its supposedly beder on dah 360 and inphereeor on da PStree, so the lemmings will brag anyway no matter how bad the A.I. could be.

EDIT: I sort of take back this comment after finding out how bad the A.I. I see no other reason for fanboys to brag about better A.I. unless one version just had A.I. that was practically non-exsistant.

E M I N 3 M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 E M I N 3 M
Member since 2002 • 2615 Posts

It sucks that the enemy AI is dumb, and that the game can begin to feel a littel repetitive....also I was suprised they said it only lasted 12 hours I thought this game was gonna last an easy 15 hours.

O well the rest of the review sounded great and got me excited about the game.

xTHExJUICEx
I agree, it could be a lil better, but i believe Jade Raymond said in an interview that there is a reason why they chose not to have 5 guys attacking you @ once.

Anyways, i somewhat agree with the review, but then there's things he said where im like WTH??! I haven't noticed any glitches or clipping but i guess it's there since the video showed it. *shrug* I've been collecting & trying to do as much as possible & im not tired of it @ all. Then again, i've been hyped for this game for over a year. lol

P.S. Where's the guy who posted the PS3 pix? You see how good the X360 version looks my man??! hMmM Gametrailers used the X360 version for their review as well ;)

strudel420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 strudel420
Member since 2006 • 3687 Posts
[QUOTE="laus_basic"]

1up reviews AC

xTHExJUICEx

YOU GOTTA BE FREAKIN KIDDING ME! Talk about spoliers!!!!! GT kept quiet during their review but these idiots let it all out.

I'm so pissed right now...

Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Cedmln
[QUOTE="laus_basic"]

xTHExJUICEx

When a game doesn't live up to hype (at least for someone) there is no point in not blowing the lid on the whole game to warn people about it.

Its like how they had the long video of Manhunt 2 where they showed basically every kill animation and just ruined my whole point of playing the game, then look how it scored... Makes sense to spoil it while its not up to hype.

But thats just one view of many, so whatever.

cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 cakeorrdeath
Member since 2006 • 19079 Posts
If you actually read / watch the reviews, both gametrailers and 1up say pretty much the same things. They just felt they affected the overall game differently. This is why review text is soo much more important than the score.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="laus_basic"]

xTHExJUICEx

Yes, 1UP is full of idiots. Their reviews are terrible and I've said it many times before. I started to see spoiler type crap and skipped that paragraph. They should not give away spoilers to the story, that's moronic.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#22 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 14921 Posts
Seems like a cool rental.
leafs4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 leafs4ever
[QUOTE="xTHExJUICEx"]

Gametrailers used the X360 version for their review as well ;)

E M I N 3 M

how can you tell this? i'm still trying to decide which system to get it for

xTHExJUICEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 xTHExJUICEx
[QUOTE="xTHExJUICEx"][QUOTE="laus_basic"]

strudel420

It was a twist in the story I was totally not expecting....why did he have to ruin it, why? WHY?!:cry:

istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#25 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts
i wonder what gs will give. the fighting in the game seems very boring, but for me the exploration and the assassination kills make up for it. probably cause i like games like splinter cell and hitman.
laus_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 laus_basic
Member since 2002 • 8300 Posts
Didn't know the 1up review contained spoilers since I didn't read it. Had I known that I would've put a warning. Not cool 1up.
E M I N 3 M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 E M I N 3 M
[QUOTE="E M I N 3 M"][QUOTE="xTHExJUICEx"]

Gametrailers used the X360 version for their review as well ;)

leafs4ever

how can you tell this? i'm still trying to decide which system to get it for

Look @ the button layout in the top righthand corner ;)
user_nat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 user_nat
After reading the 1up review.. and watching the gametrailers one.. I suspect it will get AA here, at best. Gamespot tends to be picky on glitches, which gametrailers clearly isn't.
leafs4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 leafs4ever
thanks
THE_PREZIDENT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#30 THE_PREZIDENT
Member since 2005 • 2067 Posts
Damn I dont know about this game anymore. A.I really seems like idiots. And the way GT described the game, it sounded like a 8.3.
Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Cedmln

. Gamespot tends to be picky on glitches, which gametrailers clearly isn't.user_nat

They still haven't fixed the glitches in the game? No wonder it flopped on 1UP. They had more than enough time to actually try to make the game work properly. Can't wait to see what GS thinks of this.

And to think I was getting a bit more hyped for the game until this news.

FireXero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FireXero
Member since 2004 • 1062 Posts
[QUOTE="strudel420"][QUOTE="xTHExJUICEx"][QUOTE="laus_basic"]

xTHExJUICEx

It was a twist in the story I was totally not expecting....why did he have to ruin it, why? WHY?!:cry:

You know... if you had kept reading like... 5 more words of that review. You would have seen that those are spoilers for THE FIRST FIVE MINUTES OF THE GAME. Dont bash 1up review for spoiling something that happens when you boot up the game :S

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BioShockOwnz

[QUOTE="user_nat"]. Gamespot tends to be picky on glitches, which gametrailers clearly isn't.Cedmln

They still haven't fixed the glitches in the game? No wonder it flopped on 1UP. They had more than enough time to actually try to make the game work properly. Can't wait to see what GS thinks of this.

Basing your thoughts on a 1UP review is quite interesting. Game Informer, GameTrailers, and others have rated this game at a 9 and higher. I can't believe someone would take 1UP's suspect reviews as law. Rather mindblowing, to say the least.

E M I N 3 M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 E M I N 3 M
[QUOTE="Cedmln"]

[QUOTE="user_nat"]. Gamespot tends to be picky on glitches, which gametrailers clearly isn't.BioShockOwnz

Basing your thoughts on a 1UP review is quite interesting. Game Informer, GameTrailers, and others have rated this game at a 9 and higher. I can't believe someone would take 1UP's suspect reviews as law. Rather mindblowing, to say the least.

Im just laughing cause people who are nieve are going to miss out on an excellent game.From both sides, X360/PS3. Whatever though, to each their own. *shrug*
Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Cedmln
[QUOTE="Cedmln"]

[QUOTE="user_nat"].BioShockOwnz

You didn't understand what i said (or mean't). I didn't base anything off the 1UP review other than it flopped there and one of its probable causes for it. Aparantly there are still glitches. THAT IS MY CONCERN! I also said that I can't wait to see the GS review to see what they think. I know other say good things about it, but after the Halo 3 period, I'd rather not just jump head first on the conclusion that a game is good because someone says, but will base it on its pros and cons. Glitches are a con NOT to be taken lightly unless they are minor.

I have never even read a review from the 1UP site before.

I lost hype because of the glitches. They had glitches in this game from the first time they showed it and I will be seriously unhappy they didn't clean up the game by now.

See? I didn't base my conclusion on anything yet. Just losing hype (I mean hope).

There I explained myself better. :)

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts

I think it'll get around 7.5 - 8.5 here

I think the game wont be as good as many have hoped and believe it will be.

So far it looks redundant to me and would get quite boring after IMO. And I was a huge fan of this game before

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="Cedmln"]

[QUOTE="user_nat"]. Gamespot tends to be picky on glitches, which gametrailers clearly isn't.E M I N 3 M

Im just laughing cause people who are nieve are going to miss out on an excellent game.From both sides, X360/PS3. Whatever though, to each their own. *shrug*

Agreed. It's disappointing to see how some gamers react to minority reviews.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

I've got the 360 version fully paid off and pick it up on Wednesday along with Kane and Lynch. :)

Then Mass Effect a week later. Must say, Assassins Creed has been high on my most wanted for a long time now. Reviews seem to be positive for the most part so far. Either way, i'll enjoy it. The gameplay looks like it's my type of game.

snakeofsolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 snakeofsolid
Member since 2005 • 2140 Posts

sigh, i was so anticipating this game all year as a must buy, now its just dropped to "rent"

at least my SMG and AC dilemma is solved, SMG comes out the victor.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BioShockOwnz

[QUOTE="user_nat"].Cedmln

You didn't understand what i said (or mean't). I didn't base anything off the 1UP review other than it flopped there and one of its probable causes for it. Aparantly there are still glitches. THAT IS MY CONCERN! I also said that I can't wait to see the GS review to see what they think. I know other say good things about it, but after the Halo 3 period, I'd rather not just jump head first on the conclusion that a game is good because someone says, but will base it on its pros and cons. Glitches are a con NOT to be taken lightly unless they are minor.

I lost hype because of the glitches. They had glitches in this game from the first time they showed it and I will be seriously unhappy they didn't clean up the game by now.

See? I didn't base my conclusion on anything yet. Just losing hype (I mean hope).

Cool. I understand. I didn't notice any game breaking glitches, though.

Btw, send me an FR.

Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Cedmln
[QUOTE="E M I N 3 M"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="Cedmln"]

[QUOTE="user_nat"] BioShockOwnz

Agreed. It's disappointing to see how some gamers react to minority reviews.

Even if I did or didn't. I'm very short on cash and there are too many hyped games coming out this month and I want to pick the best ones.

I'm keeping my eyes on Mass Effect at the moment just because of the hype behind it. I would probably try to get two games this month so PGR 4, The Orange Box, and FEAR will have to go :( for trade in.

I think I will put a hold for AC for now and how well ME does.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Planeforger
[QUOTE="xTHExJUICEx"][QUOTE="laus_basic"]

1up reviews AC

strudel420

READ THE REVIEW!

"Before you start worrying about spoilers, all of this is revealed as soon as you boot up the game."

We've known about that stuff for months - it's hardly a case of spoiling the game, more like false advertising on the part of Ubisoft.

Anyway, the premise is great, but the execution (haha :|) is a bit disappointing.
Fortunately, I thought it was going to be bad from the start, so I'm pleasantly surprised (that parts of it are actually really good).

E M I N 3 M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 E M I N 3 M

[QUOTE="user_nat"].Cedmln

Point is...You've seen the videos, interviews, gameplay etc. If you like what you see, most likely it will still be your cup of tea. The lil querks they point out are so far & between, it's not even worth mentioning. Personally, i haven't noticed any of them....so far. But even if i did, the game is a blast to play & i like games with a story & history behind it. It's reminds of GOW...The story just keeps you playing. I haven't felt the wrath of "repetitiveness" either.....You know why? Cause i enjoy playing EVERY part of the game. If you want to fly through it in 15-20hrs, then go for it. It will still be lots of fun IMO. As for me, im squeezing every last bit out of this game! :)
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BioShockOwnz
Even if I did or didn't. I'm very short on cash and there are too many hyped games coming out this month and I want to pick the best ones.

I'm keeping my eyes on Mass Effect at the moment just because of the hype behind it. I would probably try to get two games this month so PGR 4, The Orange Box, and FEAR will have to go :( for trade in.

Cedmln

I understand. This year is tough. Between paying bills, buying gifts, and trying to get my most anticipated games......it's very tough. :( I'd trade in PGR4 and FEAR, but I'd keep Orange Box. I think that's just one that you have to keep. I am a portal addict, though.;)

After all the Assassin's Creed AAA reviews, then 1UP scoring it so damn low.......I have little faith in AAA games now. People need to start playing games that interest them and stop listening to opinions. This should prove that. 3 AAA scores, 1 A score. Something is "iffy" if this happens. Rent it, buy it.....do what you need to do to play it, but please don't base your final decision off a smut pusher like 1UP.

user_nat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 user_nat
[QUOTE="Cedmln"]Even if I did or didn't. I'm very short on cash and there are too many hyped games coming out this month and I want to pick the best ones.

BioShockOwnz

I understand. This year is tough. Between paying bills, buying gifts, and trying to get my most anticipated games......it's very tough. :( I'd trade in PGR4 and FEAR, but I'd keep Orange Box. I think that's just one that you have to keep. I am a portal addict, though.;)

After all the Assassin's Creed AAA reviews, then 1UP scoring it so damn low.......I have little faith in AAA games now. People need to start playing games that interest them and stop listening to opinions. This should prove that. 3 AAA scores, 1 A score. Something is "iffy" if this happens. Rent it, buy it.....do what you need to do to play it, but please don't base your final decision off a smut pusher like 1UP.

Whilst I think 1UP definently under rated it.. and Crysis (8.0). I also think that the game may not be as good as originally believed, and this is based on the game trailers review. Great score, yes. But to me.. the content of the review didn't seem to justify the score.

ChrisMun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ChrisMun
Member since 2003 • 1100 Posts
Don't kill me for saying this but, this is going to be just another "Heavenly Sword" renter for me. As the reveiws say, there's not much more to do with the game after you beat it. 12 -15 is a perfect time for these types of games hands down. I was a little turned off about how the guards repond. I mean c'mon. You have two standing there and one gets all jacked up. While the other just walks on over with the "OH snap! Who did this!?". Meh. I'm very interested with the story of this game. The gameplay looks like a lot of a fun. No glitch will stop me from playing this. But I won't buy it. I'll keep my money for the next big two titles I'm looking forward to. Uncharted and Mass Effect.
Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Cedmln
[QUOTE="Cedmln"]

BioShockOwnz

You're right. I will try to look for pros and cons to help me out. I am interested in AC, so all i need are the Pros and Cons. I've been very distant from the game because I don't want to see any spoilers, so I'm kinda blinded here besides the basics of the game.

I think I've played The Orange Box enough. I really enjoied it, but I'm finished and TF2 isn't my cup of tea.

Now my best hopesgo to Mass Effect. So far I haven't seen any cons worth crying about yet.

Anyway.

Back on topic. I wonder what GS will give AC. :)

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 BioShockOwnz

Don't kill me for saying this but, this is going to be just another "Heavenly Sword" renter for me. As the reveiws say, there's not much more to do with the game after you beat it. 12 -15 is a perfect time for these types of games hands down. I was a little turned off about how the guards repond. I mean c'mon. You have two standing there and one gets all jacked up. While the other just walks on over with the "OH snap! Who did this!?". Meh. I'm very interested with the story of this game. The gameplay looks like a lot of a fun. No glitch will stop me from playing this. But I won't buy it. I'll keep my money for the next big two titles I'm looking forward to. Uncharted and Mass Effect.ChrisMun

Atleast the single player length is average. Heavenly Sword.....not so much.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Planeforger

You're right. I will try to look for pros and cons to help me out. I am interested in AC, so all i need are the Pros and Cons. I've been very distant from the game because I don't want to see any spoilers, so I'm kinda blinded here besides the basics of the game.

I think I've played The Orange Box enough. I really enjoied it, but I'm finished and TF2 isn't my cup of tea.

Cedmln

If you haven't watched it yet, Gametrailers' review is almost totally spoiler-free, and summarises the pros and cons fairly well.

-D3MO-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#50 -D3MO-
Member since 2007 • 2622 Posts

Dumb AI is a deal-breaking thing for me.

From the GT review...I say this game is a no buy...

Also don't you find it funny that a hyped game (Like AC) has problems (texture pop-ins, dumb AI, etc.) And stil gets a 9+, but if it was some other non-hyped game, it would get torn to shreads for such a problem.