NPD July 2015: PS4 - 218K, XBO - 188K, WiiU - 46K

This topic is locked from further discussion.

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#301 j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

I guess MS would soon surpass the PS4 in US if they go aggressive with Halo + RoTR via Black Friday and Christmas bundles unless Sony would do crazy deals during the same sale seasons.

Life-is-a-Game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#302 Life-is-a-Game
Member since 2005 • 956 Posts

Can't Nintendo just drop the price of the U to 250$ or 200$ ? I think such a move is necessary if they want to push sales a bit further because the way I see it the system is almost dead now ..

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#303 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Life-is-a-Game said:

Can't Nintendo just drop the price of the U to 250$ or 200$ ? I think such a move is necessary if they want to push sales a bit further because the way I see it the system is almost dead now ..

I don't think they care about selling the Wii U anymore, they know it is dead, and they have resigned themselves to its fate. Their current strategy seems to be to ride it out until they reach the NX launch, and make as much money/offset as many losses as possible in the meanwhile.

Life-is-a-Game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304  Edited By Life-is-a-Game
Member since 2005 • 956 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@Life-is-a-Game said:

I don't think they care about selling the Wii U anymore, they know it is dead, and they have resigned themselves to its fate. Their current strategy seems to be to ride it out until they reach the NX launch, and make as much money/offset as many losses as possible in the meanwhile.

I think you are right but if Nintendo wants to maintain the trust of its hardcore fans and WiiU owners then they better include BC for WiiU games and gamepad for the NX .. Also if they can have a deal of exchanging WiiU systems with NX systems at a reduced price that would be good because many owners including me have lost a bit of faith in Big N honestly ..

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Hey lems, when is that E3 comeback starting?

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#306 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20105 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

They meant E3 2016...

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#307  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

@Life-is-a-Game said:

Nintendo most likely has other plans for the Wii U. They havnt dropped its price not once like they did with the 3DS. Most likely the NX will not replace Wii U or N3DS but help both of them. Price drop coming soon i think. Never underestimate Nintendo, i think they have a few tricks up their sleeves.

Im hoping they allow NX to stream 3DS, N3DS, Wii, and Wii U games to the Gamepad. That would help the Wii U out a little while at the same time helping NX. Then 3DS and N3DS can do all the 3D and portable stuff.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#308 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

lolz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 deactivated-58ce94803a170

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Just wait for the holidays, its coming.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#311 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

Damn, after winning E3 and June NPD's, Sony followed up with another win.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@speak_low said:

All three companies chime in every month for NPD, the biggest and most important market in the world for them. Just because Nintendo is doing horribly and absent from the charts, doesn't mean they should be absent from NPD discussion. Nintendo didn't say anything this month, either out of respect to Iwata, or they just had nothing they wanted to report. The Wii U is failing badly compared to last year's numbers, and Nintendo is in trouble. Maybe there was simply no good news and they kept quiet. Still doesn't mean Nintendo gets special treatment compared to the others.

Had Nintendo posted better results, no one would question anyone here mentioning Nintendo. But when things are bad, and when I devote one whole sentence to them, I'm suddenly derailing the thread, obsessed with Nintendo, and using their name unfairly.

Meanwhile, Sony, and to some extent MS, are posting very good results (combined sales are better than Xbox 360 + PS3 in the same time frame). I see a somewhat impressive record. Current gen for them is moving along nicely, and outselling their predecessors (people a while ago claimed the opposite would happen). AND YET they get brought up all the time as two incompetent companies who bungle everything, judging by these long threads. And here I mention Nintendo in one sentence in this big thread, and Sheep get all sensitive. Oh boy, video game message boards....

The 3DS was second in Lego Jurassic World sales and the Wii U beat PS4 at it. In North America Splatoon sold 85k units for the month which is highly impressive for a new IP that continues to sale. Wii U sales were up 10% over the first seven months of 2014 which included Mario Kart 8's launch months allowing Wii U to finally pass the Sega Dreamcast, woot woot. 3DS sales were up 35% from the same time last year.

Nintendo also released their top selling games.

Wii U:

• Mario Kart 8 - 5.43 million
  • Nintendo Land - 4.88 million
  • New Super Mario Bros. U - 4.84 million
  • Super Mario 3D World - 4.3 million
  • Super Smash Bros. Wii U - 3.83 million
  • New Super Luigi U - 2.26 million
  • Splatoon - 1.62 million
  • The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD - 1.57 million
  • Wii Party U - 1.57 million

3DS:

• Pokémon X/Pokémon Y - 13.99 million
  • Mario Kart 7 - 11.92 million
  • Pokémon Omega Ruby/Pokémon Alpha Sapphire - 10.27 million
  • Super Mario 3D Land - 10.10 million
  • New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 9.30 million
  • Animal Crossing: New Leaf - 9.17 million
  • Super Smash Bros. 3DS - 9.07 million
  • Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - 4.54 million
  • Tomodachi Life - 4.30 million
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D - 3.7 million

People can say what they want, but even when Nintendo does bad, they somehow do good.

AugustEvans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#313 AugustEvans
Member since 2014 • 239 Posts

@mesome713 said:
@speak_low said:

All three companies chime in every month for NPD, the biggest and most important market in the world for them. Just because Nintendo is doing horribly and absent from the charts, doesn't mean they should be absent from NPD discussion. Nintendo didn't say anything this month, either out of respect to Iwata, or they just had nothing they wanted to report. The Wii U is failing badly compared to last year's numbers, and Nintendo is in trouble. Maybe there was simply no good news and they kept quiet. Still doesn't mean Nintendo gets special treatment compared to the others.

Had Nintendo posted better results, no one would question anyone here mentioning Nintendo. But when things are bad, and when I devote one whole sentence to them, I'm suddenly derailing the thread, obsessed with Nintendo, and using their name unfairly.

Meanwhile, Sony, and to some extent MS, are posting very good results (combined sales are better than Xbox 360 + PS3 in the same time frame). I see a somewhat impressive record. Current gen for them is moving along nicely, and outselling their predecessors (people a while ago claimed the opposite would happen). AND YET they get brought up all the time as two incompetent companies who bungle everything, judging by these long threads. And here I mention Nintendo in one sentence in this big thread, and Sheep get all sensitive. Oh boy, video game message boards....

The 3DS was second in Lego Jurassic World sales and the Wii U beat PS4 at it. In North America Splatoon sold 85k units for the month which is highly impressive for a new IP that continues to sale. Wii U sales were up 10% over the first seven months of 2014 which included Mario Kart 8's launch months allowing Wii U to finally pass the Sega Dreamcast, woot woot. 3DS sales were up 35% from the same time last year.

Wii U:

3DS:

People can say what they want, but even when Nintendo does bad, they somehow do good.

Too bad they're incompetent in the console race.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@augustevans: Incompetent at what? Pushing Hardware? As long as they give me quality games im happy. I would love for them to sale more consoles, but it seems the people who do own the console sure do love buying games and that i like.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#315  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@augustevans said:
@mesome713 said:
@speak_low said:

Wii U:

3DS:

Too bad they're incompetent in the console race.

Sure, they're incompetent at it now, but that doesn't mean they will always be bad at it. A new console release is a full reset- with the NX, whatever it is, they have a shot at trying to reclaim some relevance and mindshare.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#316 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts

ps4 is the best console on the market so it deserves the sales....