NPD July 2015: PS4 - 218K, XBO - 188K, WiiU - 46K

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

July is officially over Sony won last June's NPD, mostly because of Batman Arkham Knight and it looks like they'll repeat their success. According to Amazon's Best Sellers Page, PS4's AK bundle finished at #6 for the month, while the Xbox One came in at #22. As most of you know, Sony typically wins the month when Amazon's best sellers shows such a wide gap. So it won't be surprising if Sony wins.

Update: Sony Wins July

Sony PR

We are truly humbled by the success of the PS4, and we would like to thank gamers for making it the top-selling console and No. 1 in software sales in the United States in July

Estimated HW sales:

PS4 : 218K

XBO : 188K

WiiU : 46K

Software

1.) Lego: Jurassic World (360, 3DS, PS3, Xbox One, Wii U, PS4, Vita)

2.) Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4, Xbox One, PC)

3.) Minecraft (360, PS3 ,Xbox One, PS4)

4.) Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)

5.) Rory Mcilroy PGA Tour (PS4, Xbox One)

6.) The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited (Xbox One, PS4, PC)

7.) Destiny (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3)

8.) Mortal Kombat X (PS4, Xbox One)

9.) FIFA 15 (PS4, 360, Xbox One, PS3, Wii, Vita, 3DS)

10.) Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Finally , now we can talk about what really matters - sales numbers.

Put me up for $20 on the slanted stalion to win.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50550 Posts

Going to be another big victory for PS4.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#4 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Stickied.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Zero_epyon

@charizard1605 said:

Stickied.

Sweet!

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:

\Sony typically wins the month when Amazon's best sellers shows such a wide gap.\

No. 2 months already break this theory, Amazon is not accurate for hardware.

Instead in contrast to last month Xbox one is winning closing out july in the following:

Gamestop: http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=28-xu0,1343-4f 3 Xbox one SKu's in the front (the third was added several days ago, so that would mean the lead increased even more) May be wondering why I didn't say for, that's because the Madden bundles are pre-orders.

Wal-mart: http://www.walmart.com/browse/video-games/consoles/2636_1040580

Before saying anything realize that last month, while there was some switching, PS4 closed the month, and had been in longer, however Xbox one has been leading for awhile and is closing with the win. Also remember how much an impact Gamestop can have. Gamestop alone is over 50% of console sales. (I heard 60% in some places as well) so having a 3 Sku lead is unprecedented, and it's the first time its ever happened. Ever, in gamestop chart history.

With the Walmart included in that it's basically the majority of the market. Now the reason why I am pushing GS is because of it's amazing marketshare in console sales. Remember april, as that was the last time before now, Xbox also closed with a win. Before that it was Nov/December 2014, and December 2013.

If anything GS is a much more reliable indicator than Amazon. A small deal on GS could make up for a beat down at say, Bestbuy or sears (when it still sold games) because of just how much of the market is controlled by GS.

Since everytime Xbox closed with a win in GS resulted in winning that months NPD, i think it's safe to say the same will happen again, and since the fresh momentum (this is the first of august) has not dried, and the 3 Sku's are still there, I'm expecting this month also to go to Xbox One, especially when adding Gears and Madden bundles.

Walmart just adds more on top of the cake. That is around 70% of the retail sales market with Xbox having a closing win.

Now again, a reminder, that every time GS had closed a month with xbox winning it won. everytime. GS power should not be ignored as "lol" either as that's why Xbox One won april, PS4 probably had a sizable lead, but even with a small deal, GS can change the tables, like in April, because of it's very large marketshare amount retailers for console sales.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Zero_epyon

@TigerSuperman said:
@Zero_epyon said:

\Sony typically wins the month when Amazon's best sellers shows such a wide gap.\

Instead in contrast to last month Xbox one is winning closing out july in the following:

Gamestop: http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=28-xu0,1343-4f 3 Xbox one SKu's in the front (the third was added several days ago, so that would mean the lead increased even more) May be wondering why I didn't say for, that's because the Madden bundles are pre-orders.

Before saying anything realize that last month, while there was some switching, PS4 closed the month, and had been in longer, however Xbox one has been leading for awhile and is closing with the win. Also remember how much an impact Gamestop can have. Gamestop alone is over 50% of console sales. (I heard 60% in some places as well) so having a 3 Sku lead is unprecedented, and it's the first time its ever happened. Ever, in gamestop chart history.

With the Walmart included in that it's basically the majority of the market. Now the reason why I am pushing GS is because of it's amazing marketshare in console sales. Remember april, as that was the last time before now, Xbox also closed with a win. Before that it was Nov/December 2014, and December 2013.

If anything GS is a much more reliable indicator than Amazon. A small deal on GS could make up for a beat down at say, Bestbuy or sears (when it still sold games) because of just how much of the market is controlled by GS.

Since everytime Xbox closed with a win in GS resulted in winning that months NPD, i think it's safe to say the same will happen again, and since the fresh momentum (this is the first of august) has not dried, and the 3 Sku's are still there, I'm expecting this month also to go to Xbox One, especially when adding Gears and Madden bundles.

Walmart just adds more on top of the cake. That is around 70% of the retail sales market with Xbox having a closing win.

Keyword: Typically

Stay salty...

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22651 Posts

Sony will win again.. Good for them. Glad Microsoft is trending well... Hope NX can solve Nintendo woes on the console front...

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TigerSuperman

@Zero_epyon said:
@TigerSuperman said:
@Zero_epyon said:

Keyword: Typically

Stay salty...

Well by being an idiot and ignoring history you basically disregarded the truthhere.

In april Xbox one won closing the month on GS, what happened?

Same with DC 2013, and NV/DC 2014, what happened?

GS is the vast majority of console sales.

Xbox One ONLY won april because of a GS trade-in deal, which with it's market share, was able to turn that month around alone, and the deal was 1 week.

The current charts in the links show that this is going into august.

You're theory of a wide gap meaning PS4 wins because of amazon exclusively is invalid and has been wrong 2 months. So using Amazon is silly. In fact, that comment looks like DC,

Again, history has shown repeatedly GS charts are not only more reliable of Amazon, but more percise since GS owns up to 60% of the market share of retail console sales.

By ignoring GS, again, people will panic once Xbox One wins this month.

This time there is 100% verifiable proof.

lol @TheEroica

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61477 Posts

I'm shocked that Tiger's here already. Anyway... PS4, as usual.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TigerSuperman

@lundy86_4 said:

Because there's a 100% chance Xbox one will win because of its victory on GS. It's very big victory in GS.

People ignoring GS doesn't make sense, especially with the established history. Maybe people use their dislike of GS to justify pretending they aren't important.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ant_17

@TigerSuperman said:
@lundy86_4 said:

Because there's a 100% chance Xbox one will win because of its victory on GS. It's very big victory in GS.

People ignoring GS doesn't make sense, especially with the established history. Maybe people use their dislike of GS to justify pretending they aren't important.

All i know about Gamestop , is that the check out is a nightmare.

If they really do the stuff i see in YT videos , i will never step foot in the store , not even to browse.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TigerSuperman

@kwns said:

If Sony wins good for them, but just saying MS will have a week after Gamescom to increase sales for August. Gamers will be getting their first look at Scalebound, Crackdown and maybe other games people may buy the xbox one after it whos knows?

This is for July.

@Ant_17 said:
@TigerSuperman said:
@lundy86_4 said:

If they really do the stuff i see in YT videos , i will never step foot in the store , not even to browse.

I just go in and then they scan the game and I walk out.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Zero_epyon

@TigerSuperman: Damn I can taste the salt from here. You still mad cause you lost the bet?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61477 Posts

@TigerSuperman said:

Righto. I guess we'll wait to see the PS4 win. Whoo!

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Zero_epyon

@kwns said:
@TigerSuperman said:
@kwns said:

If Sony wins good for them, but just saying MS will have a week after Gamescom to increase sales for August. Gamers will be getting their first look at Scalebound, Crackdown and maybe other games people may buy the xbox one after it whos knows?

This is for July.

@Ant_17 said:
@TigerSuperman said:
@lundy86_4 said:

TigerSuperman NPD ends August 11th its for july plus August.

NPD is July 5th-August 1st.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ant_17

@TigerSuperman said:
@kwns said:

This is for July.

@Ant_17 said:
@TigerSuperman said:
@lundy86_4 said:

I know this is a low blow joke for Americans , but i think that is the bigger problem.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

All aboard the Tigersuperman bullshit train ! Choo choo

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Zero_epyon

@lostrib said:

All aboard the Tigersuperman's bullshit trai ! Choo choo

The cargo is salt!

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Put the tracking period in the OP

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Zero_epyon

@Nike_Air said:

Put the tracking period in the OP

Done

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Chutebox

How many months has tigerdumbass claimed 100% win for x1?

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Zero_epyon

@Chutebox said:

Since January if I can remember. He'll say there was one month where he said maybe, but made like 3 sales threads that month.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#26 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

lol Palutena #1

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#27 tushar172787
Member since 2015 • 2561 Posts

let the misinformed DC begin!

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TigerSuperman

@Chutebox said:

@lostrib said:

Well again, people ignoring gamestop are stupid. but i guess you'll have to see. i mean seriously GS is the majority of the market by a large margin, a 1 week sell turned the favor in april. Barely, but it happened. Same thing for may with the PS4.

And every month that closes with Xbox winning on GS charts has it win the month, it has never been wrong. However Amazon has, twice.

But hey call GS bullshit, the gaming retailer that owns around 60% of consoles sales with thousands of stores.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Chutebox

@TigerSuperman: as the Japanese say: wwwwwww

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TigerSuperman

@Chutebox said:

Odd, the last time I said this same thing it was april. It was also Nov and December last year. odd.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Chutebox

@TigerSuperman said:
@Chutebox said:

Odd, the last time I said this same thing it was april. It was also Nov and December last year. odd.

Please refer to my previous comment.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#32  Edited By Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@TigerSuperman said:

Now again, a reminder, that every time GS had closed a month with xbox winning it won. everytime. GS power should not be ignored as "lol" either as that's why Xbox One won april, PS4 probably had a sizable lead, but even with a small deal, GS can change the tables, like in April, because of it's very large marketshare amount retailers for console sales.

Seriously, what is wrong with you?

Monthly Amazon has predicted the NPD winner (the relative rankings) of generation 8 consoles every single month but one, and then it was off by a margin of 13k.

Of course, the Playstation 4 took July again, and of course, you're making your same tired prediction for an Xbox One win, again.

Don't you get tired of being the village idiot around here?

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Zero_epyon

Anyone else notice how mad Tiger is so early into the thread?

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Dire_Weasel

@Zero_epyon said:
@Chutebox said:

Since January if I can remember. He'll say there was one month where he said maybe, but made like 3 sales threads that month.

Yeah, every single month he's predicted an Xbox One win, since January. He's 1-5 so far. A coin flip would be far more accurate.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Dire_Weasel

@TigerSuperman said:

@lostrib said:

And every month that closes with Xbox winning on GS charts has it win the month, it has never been wrong. However Amazon has, twice.

Show me the two months Amazon has been wrong, Tiger.

April, 2015 and? ... and?

We'll wait.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Zero_epyon

@Dire_Weasel said:
@TigerSuperman said:
@lostrib said:

Show me the two months Amazon has been wrong, Tiger.

April, 2015 and? ... and?

We'll wait.

Also, Tiger. When you get through dodging or ignoring this question, tell me when the PS4 lost when the PS4 was in top ten and the Xbox was not in the top 10.

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#37  Edited By tushar172787
Member since 2015 • 2561 Posts

@Zero_epyon: epic fail, you didn't predict tigersuperman starting his bad DC again...

:P

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Zero_epyon

@tushar172787 said:

@Zero_epyon: epic fail, you didn't predict tigersuperman starting his bad DC again...

:P

Oh I did, just thought he'd be more composed lol.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@TigerSuperman said:
@lostrib said:

Well again, people ignoring gamestop are stupid. but i guess you'll have to see. i mean seriously GS is the majority of the market by a large margin, a 1 week sell turned the favor in april. Barely, but it happened. Same thing for may with the PS4.

But hey call GS bullshit, the gaming retailer that owns around 60% of consoles sales with thousands of stores.

going to need a source for that

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ant_17

@lostrib said:
@TigerSuperman said:
@lostrib said:

going to need a source for that

I'm starting to thing that maybe Tiger works for Gamestop.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#41  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56061 Posts

Hard to say if PS4 will win when Xbox One has Gears of War: Ultimate Edition and Rare Replay is due out this month. That said, I'll guess on PS4.

Hey TigerSuperman, show some source cause nobody ain't gonna **** with you.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Dire_Weasel

@Ant_17 said:

Not unless Gamestop needs help cleaning their toilets.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Chutebox

@Dire_Weasel said:
@Ant_17 said:

He probably tries to talk NPD with people there too

demacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 demacabre
Member since 2015 • 361 Posts

It begins again.

Tiger, serious question again: In the past months, what data was misread or not taken into account that caused your predictions to miss the mark? What have you changed to get a more accurate analysis?

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Zero_epyon
@Chutebox said:
@Dire_Weasel said:
@Ant_17 said:

Could you imagine hearing him trying to sell an Xbox One over a PS4 and then insulting the customer when they buy a PS4 instead?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Chutebox
@Zero_epyon said:
@Chutebox said:
@Dire_Weasel said:
@Ant_17 said:

Could you imagine hearing him trying to sell an Xbox One over a PS4 and then insulting the customer when they buy a PS4 instead?

"Sir, I have been right once out of the last 6 months. I think I know what I'm talking about you idiot."

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Zero_epyon

@Chutebox said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@Chutebox said:
@Dire_Weasel said:
@Ant_17 said:

"Sir, I have been once out of the last 6 months. I think I know what I'm talking about you idiot."

"Sir, you obviously aren't that bright or don't understand English. You need to grow up and learn what value is."

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By TigerSuperman

@demacabre said:

It begins again.

Tiger, serious question again: In the past months, what data was misread or not taken into account that caused your predictions to miss the mark? What have you changed to get a more accurate analysis?

Well for one last month I ignored the fact PS4 and Xbox One, while they were switching for First place on the charts, PS4 stayed on longer. Considering E3 boost reports I made a assumption, which was incorrect.

This month however MS has been in first place a good time, and not just with one Sku, but 3, and that updated to 4 on the last 2 days. Which has never happened before yet. Also before you say 4, remember the madden bundle is pre-order. (update: Also pre-orders for the new Destiny bundle are also up, ignore the first 3 for hardware actually being sold)

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=28-xu0,1343

Here you will see the same 4 sku's even now second of august (and may stay do to the Madden, Gears, and rare replay) that are ahead of all the PS4 Sku's. For a lot of the time there was 2, then within almost a week there was 3, and within the last 2 days of July there were 4.

The you have walmart: http://www.walmart.com/browse/video-games/video-game-consoles/2636_1040580

Difference is that GS has never been wrong, Everytime Xbox closes the month with a win that has been going on the majority of the time it wins. April is a good example where GS alone helped the Xbox win the month. Just by having a 1 week deal.

GS and Walmart are basically 55-60% rounded up of the market.\

That means that the vast majority of all numbers come from these 2. Target, Toys Are us, Best Buy, Amazon, together are below 35% of console sales. (Btw Target also had an Xbox One win for July)

That's an insane amount of sales that Xbox One will have for July. I don't think there was ever a time the victor was THIS CLEAR but people ignore it just because. GS is the biggest console seller next to Walmart. Walmart has Xbox one number one the whole month, GS had Xbox One number one with multiple SKU's most of the month. Target had it win for the vast majority of the month.

So that's around 70 % of the market that had Xbox one win last month.

There virtually know way the PS4 won, unless in GS and Walmart they were very very close and the other<below 25% comprising of Toys r us, Bestbuy, and Amazon (plus others) made up the difference. but that's highly unlikely.

This is not a prediction because it's inevitable. Going by the charts, Xbox One has won the majority of the console sales market, and even though it lost in the other it still sold in those places as well. So it's not like Xbox One sold zero.

I'll admit I've thrown some stuff out there, but I have no idea why people are ignoring the current situation. And this will continue into august. Whether if it will go beyond that will depend on Fifa and Forza.

Personally I share some of the blame for the ignorance, to many xbox one win threads. Though they were fun.

Again that is Xbox one wining around 70% of the market that sells consoles at retail. GS which is 30% of the market, and Walmart which is ~25% of the market, though I hear reports Walmarts been having an increase yoy, (not sure if true) had the Xbox One win. GS had the Xbox One win with multiple Sku's that grew overtime. Just these stats make it unlikely PS4 won the month. With The effects of June announcements, to the pre-hype and console buying for this months games in august, along with some other side deals, the only thing the PS4 had to counter that was one game GOW III remastered. Which of course does not have the pull a game like TLOU remastered did. I mean only a few days after the last day of July does one of the Xbox's anticipated games come out. And then gears.

It is literally inevitable. Even for august, that's 2 months of nothing that could change the results unless MS makes a severe misstep or the games are reviewed in Ride Retribution territory.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Chutebox
@TigerSuperman said:
@demacabre said:

It begins again.

Stuff grabbed from ass.

Must take a while to dig deep into that ass for all that shit!

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 TigerSuperman

@Chutebox said:
@TigerSuperman said:
@demacabre said:

It begins again.

Stuff grabbed from ass.

Must take a while to dig deep into that ass for all that shit!

Huh those links were grabbed from my ass. Maybe your blind and stupid?