No Man's Sky Angryjoe review 5/10

• 158 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#151 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@davillain-: I can't stop laughing at "let me use my ray gun on this rock to see if I can get fukin diamond to shove in my uranium urethra to get a better space ship WOOOOOOOO!".

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@clone01 said:

On topic, I did think this game would score higher across the board than it did. I would like to try it sometime, but I'll wait for a price drop.

It probably would have scored higher if everything Sean Murray described to be in the game, was actually in the game. A complete disaster.

@sts106mat: Well said. Now reiterate that to QuadKnight who still thinks the game is a masterpiece. lol!!

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#153 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

...and as always Joe is spot on

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#154  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@svaubel said:

Flop of the Year. Maybe even Flop of the Gen.

$60 for a tech demo that didn't have half the stuff that was promised leading up to released.

FLOP OF THE GENERATION mainly because of all the hype it got and the fact then raised the price from a $30 "A" Indie game to a $60 "AAA" retail game because of all the hype. This game should have gotten a 3 score. Not sure what GS was playing, but it wasn't NMS. They must not have played for 30+ hours. Angry Joe's review is pretty much on point. The fact he lists all the things that were suppose to be in the game that Sean Murray mentioned, but are not in the game or is vaguely in the game is priceless. The devs did a magic show for gamers on what NMS would look like 2 years from now and then released their unfinished poor beta version of NMS to gamers for $60. What a joke. Talk about a bait and switch. It was the perfect con. Glad I didn't fall for it.

Here's another review that pretty much nails it as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbQf97FSmb8

The part about the Atlas Stones and the Center of the Universe is hilarious.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#156  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@silversix_ said:
@KungfuKitten said:

He screams too much for me. Does raise good points every time he reviews something.

i hate his screaming too, especially since he started streaming. thing is more annoying than anything else...

Yeah, the review was a bit annoying at times. Although, he did touch on everything, so it was a good review, overall.

lol this dude is an idiot, I have actually encountered things that he calls bullshit, that's the thing, the game is so big and because he doesn't encouter it, it isn't there.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#157 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

@mojito1988 said:

I like the game. It is boring like me.

lol

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#158 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@superbuuman said:
@mojito1988 said:

I like the game. It is boring like me.

lol

lol

Yams1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#159  Edited By Yams1980
Member since 2006 • 2862 Posts

if they'd charge 10-20 dollars for this game it'd be a 8/10 at least. They are over charging for a buggy game with very little fun content which is a problem.

The only amazing thing is how every world is randomized, but even with that comes problems with weird graphic pop ins and performance, and lots of visuals ending up looking the same after a while.

Whats worse is i think the developers are getting even more greedy and are going to force people to pay for extra content on top of their already overpriced game. I've had Diablo 3 for a while, and all I had to pay was one price and i've been getting updates with it for years, I don't understand how a game that is so buggy and even broken at times thinks they can charge 60 dollars and even more for any extra content patches.

This games been decently addictive for me, but the presentation of the game doesn't feel like a 60 dollar game. The storyline is non existent and there are no fun goals to do in the game once you upgrade your ship, you have nothing else to try to work for.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#160  Edited By AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

Not to pile on but I never really understood the hype for this one. Sure it was the biggest game at VGX at its unveiling but I promptly forgot it even existed afterwards. It just never looked all that interesting to me.

Never played it and probably never will, but from what I've seen from that vid I can see why people are pretty pissed.

Expected like a mid 70 to low 80 average score wise though. Looks like its not doing as well as I expected.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#162 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@AznbkdX said:

Not to pile on but I never really understood the hype for this one. Sure it was the biggest game at VGX at its unveiling but I promptly forgot it even existed afterwards. It just never looked all that interesting to me.

Never played it and probably never will, but from what I've seen from that vid I can see why people are pretty pissed.

Expected like a mid 70 to low 80 average score wise though. Looks like its not doing as well as I expected.

sad thing is if it wasn't pushed by sony, I doubt it would have been hyped that much