No Halo Infinite Co-op Campaign Or Forge At Launch(Dec 8th)

• 151 results
Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#101 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70238 Posts

@dabear said:

@goldenelementxl: You really want to make this a big deal, when it really isn't.

What? It is a big deal. Co-op is one of the defining feature of the IP.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#102 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8353 Posts

@dabear: exactly, same lol

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@Pedro said:
@dabear said:

@goldenelementxl: You really want to make this a big deal, when it really isn't.

What? It is a big deal. Co-op is one of the defining feature of the IP.

Yeah, that’s a strange take. The game was “done” 8 months ago, but features missing launch is “no big deal.” The only thing 343 hasn’t done is announce the game has gone gold and then delay it again. (Looking at you CDPR) I don’t recall a dev with a finished game ever removing features after 8 months of “polishing.” Especially not one like campaign co-op in a Halo game. That’s easily the 2nd biggest mode in those games behind the online multiplayer.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Pedro

@goldenelementxl said:

Yeah, that’s a strange take. The game was “done” 8 months ago, but features missing launch is “no big deal.” The only thing 343 hasn’t done is announce the game has gone gold and then delay it again. (Looking at you CDPR) I don’t recall a dev with a finished game ever removing features after 8 months of “polishing.” Especially not one like campaign co-op in a Halo game. That’s easily the 2nd biggest mode in those games behind the online multiplayer.

The fact that they are delaying it, means they never had it and only now decided to work on it.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44238 Posts

Likely going to announce at some point coop and forge for XSX, XSS, only and will not work on the older systems. Hell I dunno WTH is going on anymore but one thing's for sure, this has been a very bad look for the Xbox flagship. Sheeeesh!! :(

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#106 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8904 Posts

@Pedro: it's not a canceled feature, they just delayed.

Again - don't buy it. Go get CoD.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 SecretPolice

@girlusocrazy said:
@SecretPolice said:

Likely going to announce at some point coop and forge for XSX, XSS, only and will not work on the older systems.

They'd better have co-op for the PC version... but it's still missing on MCC somehow after all this time

They don't have online coop for MCC PC?

Now, I wouldn't expect PC to ever have split screen coop for Halo: Infinite, but online sure is a must.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#109 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22875 Posts

Day 1, where dreams and anticipation go to die

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#110 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

@SecretPolice: There's coop for MCC on PC. Dunno how people missed that.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 SecretPolice

@girlusocrazy:

To be fair though I don't think split screen coop was even offered in the OG Halo:CE, PC version was it?

I mostly think split screen MP has always been a console thing.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 SecretPolice

@girlusocrazy:

Like I said, I don't think there has ever been all that much demand for split screen MP on PC's. I suppose they could just include it as you said it can't be a tech issue.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 SecretPolice

@girlusocrazy:

Gotch, back in the day is wasn't all that common to have PC's hooked up to the living-room TV's but yes, times they did change. I suppose couch coop is a PC thing these days as well. ;)

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#118 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18259 Posts

Co-op is definitely a big deal, but no game breaker either ... Forge is for custom games ? again a shame but hardly something to cry about.

Honestly, i'm willing to give them a chance since this game is so important and don't see MS risking such an important IP, so i'm hoping all of their attention is going to the single player and multiplayer aspects, if they succeed on this areas, i think the game will be a hit regardless the delays.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 dabear

@girlusocrazy said:

@SecretPolice: No split-screen co-op on PC

@theam0g said:

Everyone was ecstatic after playing the Halo technical preview a few weeks ago. Halo hype is at an all-time high. TF you on about?

wtf? No it's not. Are you living in a bubble? This is nothing compared to Halo 2 & 3. Infinite is surrounded by tempered expectation and anxiety, not hype.

Cow FUD, nothing more. Cows talks about Halo Infinite more than Lems do.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 dabear

@girlusocrazy said:

@dabear: Dunno about that, every time anything comes out about this game it's damage control. Even critics' reactions don't seem that enthusiastic. To be fair they haven't shown that much.

The multiplayer Alpha test got rave reviews, so your comment is false.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#123 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13086 Posts

Why are Sony fans so upset that co-op was delayed 90 days?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Pedro

@x_hedon said:

Any rational gamer would find issue with this move.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 KvallyX

@Pedro said:
@x_hedon said:

Any rational gamer would find issue with this move.

I don't think Halo fans are ecstatic that a feature was delayed 90 days. The fact that the game is going to be the full Halo campaign and full Halo multiplayer at launch with a 90 day wait for them to iron out the co-op feature isn't the end of the world.

Look how well TLOU2 did even though ND pulled the ENTIRE multiplayer out of the game right before launch. And isn't scheduled to probably appear until 2022:

https://gamerant.com/the-last-of-us-2-multiplayer-factions-2022-release/

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Pedro

@x_hedon said:

I don't think Halo fans are ecstatic that a feature was delayed 90 days. The fact that the game is going to be the full Halo campaign and full Halo multiplayer at launch with a 90 day wait for them to iron out the co-op feature isn't the end of the world.

Look how well TLOU2 did even though ND pulled the ENTIRE multiplayer out of the game right before launch. And isn't scheduled to probably appear until 2022:

https://gamerant.com/the-last-of-us-2-multiplayer-factions-2022-release/

TLOU is not renown for its multiplayer. Halo is renown for its co-op. Nothing in gaming is the end of the world. However, trivializing the absence of co-op for a game that is known for co-op and is where it is at because of co-op is silly.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 KvallyX

@Pedro: multiplayer was and is still a large portion of TLOU. Halo is still getting campaign and multiplayer day 1. Now if they said multiplayer was delayed 90 more days, then the internet can melt down.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Pedro
@x_hedon said:

@Pedro: multiplayer was and is still a large portion of TLOU. Halo is still getting campaign and multiplayer day 1. Now if they said multiplayer was delayed 90 more days, then the internet can melt down.

Don't try to pretend that TLOU multiplayer is anywhere close to the level of importance as Halo co-op. It is not even close. No amount of damage control can offset this dreadful and embarrassing omission at launch.

It is even more embarrassing that you are touting getting a campaign and multiplayer day 1 as plus.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 SargentD

@Pedro said:
@x_hedon said:

Don't try to pretend that TLOU multiplayer is anywhere close to the level of importance as Halo co-op. It is not even close. No amount of damage control can offset this dreadful and embarrassing omission at launch.

It is even more embarrassing that you are touting getting a campaign and multiplayer day 1 as plus.

Man you are wrong, TLOU multiplayer was one of cows only decent mp of last gen. People were salty when it was removed.

It was basically all they had for MP.

Halo 5 didn't even have splitcreen.

Halo MP is about 1000x more important than Halo SP co-op.

But don't worry, if your a die hard halo co-op player, its coming in 3 months

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Pedro

@sargentd said:

Man you are wrong, TLOU multiplayer was one of cows only decent mp of last gen. People were salty when it was removed.

TLOU is irrelevant to this discussion. Trying to equate Halo co-op to TLOU is ludicrous. What Sony fannies said in the past or what they hype has no bearings on Halo missing one of the most critical component to the Halo experience.

Halo 5 had co-op. Halo Infinite is going to be the first Halo game without co-op.

Stop being an apologist for a product that is being released unfinished.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 SargentD

@Pedro said:
@sargentd said:

TLOU is irrelevant to this discussion. Trying to equate Halo co-op to TLOU is ludicrous. What Sony fannies said in the past or what they hype has no bearings on Halo missing one of the most critical component to the Halo experience.

Halo 5 had co-op. Halo Infinite is going to be the first Halo game without co-op.

Stop being an apologist for a product that is being released unfinished.

3 months lol stop it

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Pedro

@sargentd said:

3 months lol stop it

Fact: They are releasing an unfinished game and the first Halo game to NOT have co-op.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By SargentD

@Pedro: it's not unfinished just because it doesn't have co-op sp day 1.

I'd be pissed of they delayed it over co-op SP. If what they have now is ready put it out, co-op on the way. I'm ok with that. Just give me that MP. Honestly delay the SP along with the co-op. But give me that MP.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50642 Posts

@sargentd: It is absolutely unfinished if portions of the game that were meant to be released are not ready. I mean, come haha.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Pedro

@sargentd said:

@Pedro: it's not unfinished just because it doesn't have co-op sp day 1.

I'd be pissed of they delayed it over co-op SP. If what they have now is ready put it out, co-op on the way. I'm ok with that. Just give me that MP. Honestly delay the SP along with the co-op. But give me that MP.

It is unfinished. A feature would be missing from the game when it launches. There is no spinning that will change this. How you feel doesn't change Halo Infinite will be released unfinished.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By SargentD

@Chutebox: COD MW released Warzone 6 months after launch

Same shit with BF.

ghosts tsushima releases it's co-op a year after launch, charges $20 seperate for it

And look at all the people sniffing their farts

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Pedro

@sargentd said:

@Chutebox: COD MW released Warzone 6 months after launch

Same shit with BF.

ghosts tsushima releases it's co-op a year after launch, charges $20 separate for it

And look at all the people sniffing their farts

COD is known for its multiplayer and it released with multiplayer.

Ghost of Tsushima is NOT known for co-op or multiplayer. No one was expecting such a feature for the game.

Halo Infinite will be the FIRST Halo game without co-op after 7 games.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By SargentD

@Pedro: Halo is known for its MP not it's Co-op

All this criticism of Halo not having every possible feature day one.

But most of you people don't actually care anyway and pay full price for 20 hour SP one and dones

With no MP, co op, or custom game tools.

At least they are doing it, can't say the same for 99% of the damn gaming industry. At least they are trying to put together a full package.

Meanwhile people want to gush over a damn $70 ratchet and clank game they can beat in a weekend.

I just want to point out Halos bar is set higher than almost any other game in the industry right now.

Give me that damn MP as soon as it's ready 343

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50642 Posts

Brah, these are parts of the game they themselves have said needed to be delayed, as in unfinished. Why argue over this?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Nope. I don’t believe 343, and there’s something fishy going on here. They were content complete 8 months ago… And every Halo game is designed with co-op campaign in mind. Polishing it with the single player wouldn’t take much effort or time. Like another user said, I’m starting to think 343 didnt have it originally, and they’ve been scrambling to get it done during the year delay. The problem is, the campaign doesn’t easily play with throwing another player in the mix… These people really tried to release a Halo game with no co-op campaign…. I’m pretty much convinced of it

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 SargentD

@Chutebox: I'm not arguing over it, I'm just pointing out Halo has a higher bar set than 99% of the industry.

Make a list in your head of other games expected to launch with a full SP campaign , a completely fleshed out MP, CO-OP, and custom game/map tools.

Try to think of games that have launched day 1 with all that in the last 5 years. Halo sets the highest bar.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 SargentD

@goldenelementxl: that is you just assuming and pulling it out your rear.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 KvallyX

Halo will have “single player coop for friends lists only” feature enabled 90 days after the release of the game.

So far every halo will have co-op.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 KvallyX

@sargentd: and a new engine “slip space” designed mostly from the ground up.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Pedro

@sargentd said:

@Pedro: Halo is known for its MP not it's Co-op

All this criticism of Halo not having every possible feature day one.

But most of you people don't actually care anyway and pay full price for 20 hour SP one and dones

With no MP, co op, or custom game tools.

At least they are doing it, can't say the same for 99% of the damn gaming industry. At least they are trying to put together a full package.

Meanwhile people want to gush over a damn $70 ratchet and clank game they can beat in a weekend.

I just want to point out Halos bar is set higher than almost any other game in the industry right now.

Give me that damn MP as soon as it's ready 343

Who are you trying to fool with that nonsense of Halo not being known for co-op?

You are here trying to argue that a game known for co-op not launching with it should not be criticized for it. Are serious?

Trying to damage control this with whataboutism is a silly stance. The MP is free to play and is NOT part of the $60 dollar price tag. The only thing anyone is getting for full price is a Halo campaign with NO co-op, the first ever for the series.

Halo has dropped in quality for the past two games and this announcement does the series absolutely no favors. Folks like you are the reason the game is in the state it is in.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#147 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

I’ve lost most my faith in this game and the folks making it. That goes for the franchise in the post Bungie era.

As for this game specifically, think about it—how long will it take to get the stuff we all expect at launch? Forge and coop campaign? How many delays?…

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45401 Posts

@musicalmac said:

I’ve lost most my faith in this game and the folks making it. That goes for the franchise in the post Bungie era.

As for this game specifically, think about it—how long will it take to get the stuff we all expect at launch? Forge and coop campaign? How many delays?…

I hope the game is good, but yea, they delayed it for a year, and it's still not a complete game at launch.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#149 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25038 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@musicalmac said:

I hope the game is good, but yea, they delayed it for a year, and it's still not a complete game at launch.

It wont be as good as Deathloop.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@musicalmac: I’m not convinced the game will actually launch this year now. Not the campaign anyway. Putting the launch at Dec 8th is pretty telling for a game that was “content complete“ in January. They’re leaving themselves plenty of room to delay again. And that launch date is after most goty awards are given. I wonder why they would dodge aware season…