Nintendo looking to maintain winning momentum in the US, Switch with $35 eShop from 2/15!

• 105 results
Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

While supplies last.

Nintendo won in North America last year, and it looks like this year they want complete domination and are ready to fight for it! Don't worry though cows, you can just saying that only Europe (except France) matters. :)

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45166 Posts

Until Switch hits the 100 million mark, all claims of domination over Sony is nonsense.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Days Gone > Nintendo exclusives

The Freakers are out open world zombies em yeah nintendo sucks

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56149 Posts

Nintendo's vicious takeover.

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BlackBalls
Member since 2018 • 1496 Posts

Lol at lemmings wanting the Switch to surprass the PS4 because they lost years ago, so pitaful.

By the way Switch, only 50 million to go. PS5 coming out next year btw.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Offering a credit is a smart strategy as it costs the company practically nothing. During the GCN days a similar promotion was offered but it could be used in actual B&M stores.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Until Switch hits the 100 million mark, all claims of domination over Sony is nonsense.

lol 1 cow already rattled and shook.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Techhog89

@blackballs: So, quick question: If Switch didn't affect PS4 sales, why do you think that PS5 will affect Switch sales?

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts
@techhog89 said:

While supplies last.

Nintendo won in North America last year, and it looks like this year they want complete domination and are ready to fight for it! Don't worry though cows, you can just saying that only Europe (except France) matters. :)

But who won worldwide sales in 2018? Funny how a console over 5 yrs old still managed to outsell the much newer Switch.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61491 Posts

@emgesp said:

But who won worldwide sales in 2018? Funny how a console over 5 yrs old still managed to outsell the much newer Switch.

Not really, considering one has access to vastly more software and a far more robust ecosystem. That being said, the Switch is doing great for what's offered...

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

hey look, sheeps wanting attention. Between Microsoft and Sony they don't get enough.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts
@lundy86_4 said:
@emgesp said:

Not really, considering one has access to vastly more software and a far more robust ecosystem. That being said, the Switch is doing great for what's offered...

Didn't Nintendo also have to lower their forecasts slightly?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lundy86_4

@watercrack445 said:

hey look, sheeps wanting attention

Yeah, it's like Cows and Lems rag on each other for no reason... It's literally why there's an IP ban bet going on in the stickies.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lundy86_4

@emgesp said:

Didn't Nintendo also have to lower their forecasts slightly?

Yup.

X_Karen_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 X_Karen_x
Member since 2019 • 501 Posts

No one ever catch nintendo install base. Sony it close with ps4 just not quite.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#16 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14496 Posts

Remember when companies had to broadcast their own commercials?

/s

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Techhog89
@emgesp said:
@techhog89 said:

While supplies last.

Wow, I thought that you were one of the more reasonable and mature people here, but then you come in with this sort of juvenile response. That's... sad. I guess you're a little shaken over how wrong your 45 million max prediction is turning out to be or something. Or maybe you're drunk. Hopefully the latter because I really expect more out of you. And yes, it is juvenile considering the fact that this thread is about a deal in the US and you brought up global sales just to prove a point. A point worth 1-2% while Switch still lead PS4 launch-aligned. Woo hoo.

Either way, again, 2018 was PS4's second best year ever, with 2017 being its best. The way that you keep exaggerating the importance of age against all actual evidence just because you feel like it should matter that much is pathetic. Your desperation in wanting Switch to not do well is amusing, though. Your next post should be all about how it's gonna stop selling after Pokemon Gen 8 this year and it'll never hit 60 million, right?

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Son-Goku7523
Member since 2019 • 955 Posts
@SolidGame_basic said:

This.

@techhog89 said:
@emgesp said:
@techhog89 said:

While supplies last.

Wow, I thought that you were one of the more reasonable and mature people here, but then you come in with this sort of juvenile response. That's... sad. I guess you're a little shaken over how wrong your 45 million max prediction is turning out to be or something. Or maybe you're drunk. Hopefully the latter because I really expect more out of you.

Either way, again, 2018 was PS4's second best year ever, with 2017 being its best. The way that you keep exaggerating the importance of age against all actual evidence just because you feel like it should matter that much is pathetic. Your desperation in wanting Switch to not do well is amusing, though. Your next post should be all about how it's gonna stop selling after Pokemon Gen 8 this year and it'll never hit 60 million, right?

This changes nothing and only proves Playstation's dominance. The fact it can still have its second strongest year on the market in its 5th year is a testament to the console's dominance. Even with all that competition and its age it still managed to dominate the competition. No other home console on the market can claim to have won for 5 straight years even with stiff competition. The only thing that will slow down PS4 this year is PS5's imminent arrival next year and market saturation not the Switch.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Techhog89
@son-goku7523 said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

This.

@techhog89 said:
@emgesp said:
@techhog89 said:

While supplies last.

Wow, I thought that you were one of the more reasonable and mature people here, but then you come in with this sort of juvenile response. That's... sad. I guess you're a little shaken over how wrong your 45 million max prediction is turning out to be or something. Or maybe you're drunk. Hopefully the latter because I really expect more out of you.

This changes nothing and only proves Playstation's dominance. The fact it can still have its second strongest year on the market in its 5th year is a testament to the console's dominance. Even with all that competition and its age it still managed to dominate the competition. No other home console on the market can claim too have won for 5 straight years even with stiff competition. The only thing that will slow down PS4 is PS5's imminent rival next year and market saturation not the Switch.

Actually, that's exactly my point. You guys act like Switch is not doing all that well when it's really just that PS4 is doing exceptionally well. Also, that's kind of a normal trend for Sony. PS2's strongest year was its third, and second strongest was its fourth. PS4 peaked later due to the launch of Pro partially resetting it (and making the "5 year old console" point a debatable one). PS3 also peaked late, though in that case it was because it started slow.

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Son-Goku7523
@techhog89 said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

This.

@techhog89 said:
@emgesp said:

This changes nothing and only proves Playstation's dominance. The fact it can still have its second strongest year on the market in its 5th year is a testament to the console's dominance. Even with all that competition and its age it still managed to dominate the competition. No other home console on the market can claim too have won for 5 straight years even with stiff competition. The only thing that will slow down PS4 is PS5's imminent rival next year and market saturation not the Switch.

Actually, that's exactly my point. You guys act like Switch is not doing all that well when it's really just that PS4 is doing exceptionally well. Also, that's kind of a normal trend for Sony. PS2's strongest year was its third, and second strongest was its fourth. PS4 peaked later due to the launch of Pro partially resetting it (and making the "5 year old console" point a debatable one). PS3 also peaked late, though in that case it was because it started slow.

Switch is doing exceptionally well, it's stupid titles like the thread title the gets a push back from people.

You can't be "dominating" when your competition is so far ahead of you and actually beat you in worldwide sales the previous year. Instead of saying Switch is "dominating" you can say Switch looks to "extend its strong sales" you would get less push back that way but I know this is System Was and fanboys like you want to rile the opposing faction. Carry on.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@son-goku7523: Look at this new alt talking like a SW veteran, is that you quack?

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Techhog89
@son-goku7523 said:
@techhog89 said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

This.

@techhog89 said:
@emgesp said:

Switch is doing exceptionally well, it's stupid title's like the thread title the gets a push back from people.

You can't be "dominating" when your competition is so far ahead of you and actually beat you in worldwide sales the previous year. Instead of saying Switch is "dominating" you can say Switch looks to "extend its strong sales" you would get less push back that way but I know this is System Was and fanboys like you want to rile the opposing faction. Carry on.

lmao

Why are Sony fanboys such sore winners? "YOU BETTER SHOW MY FAVORITE PLASTIC BOX THE RESPECT IT DESERVES!" AHAHAHAHA! Imagine being this insecure, and over a game console. A toy.

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Son-Goku7523
@i_p_daily said:

@son-goku7523: Look at this new alt talking like a SW veteran, is that you quack?

You don't have to be a System Wars veteran to have a brain and use logic. You seem to have been here for a long time and yet you lack a functioning brain judging by you post history.

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Son-Goku7523
@techhog89 said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@techhog89 said:
@son-goku7523 said:

This.

Switch is doing exceptionally well, it's stupid title's like the thread title the gets a push back from people.

lmao

Why are Sony fanboys such sore winners? "YOU BETTER SHOW MY FAVORITE PLASTIC BOX THE RESPECT IT DESERVES!" AHAHAHAHA! Imagine being this insecure, and over a game console. A toy.

And you thread title shows your soreness and insecurity.

PS4 is the dominating console this gen and it's been the way for 5 years straight but you can believe whatever you want to believe. There's no such thing as a sore winner here. I only see an insecure fanboy that is still mad PS4 continues to dominate.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15932 Posts

Will this included in revenue report for online transactions? Really good way to pad the online revenue to make it seems like its a good source of revenue for Nintendo. Latest report shows how small online revenue is for the publisher and they really needs to convince investors on the viability.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Techhog89
@son-goku7523 said:
@techhog89 said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@techhog89 said:

lmao

PS4 is the dominating console this gen and it's been the way for 5 years straight but you can believe whatever you want to believe. There's no such thing as a sore winner here. I only see an insecure fanboy that is still mad PS4 continues to dominate.

I did it because the reactions from you guys are funny. You get so tilted when PS4 gets beaten at anything and it's acknowledged. I pity you, honestly. You're upset that I pointed out that Switch beat PS4 last year in the US in a thread about a Switch deal in the US. How is that anything other than insecure? Because PS4 won worldwide, I'm not allowed to mention that it lost in any individual market or I'm hurting your feelings. Cry me a river lol. I thought the Nintendo fanboys were supposed to be the children?

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Son-Goku7523
@techhog89 said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@techhog89 said:
@son-goku7523 said:

lmao

I did it because the reactions from you guys are funny. You get so tilted when PS4 gets beaten at anything and it's acknowledged. I pity you, honestly. You're upset that I pointed out that Switch beat PS4 last year in the US in a thread about a Switch deal in the US. How is that anything other than insecure? Because PS4 won worldwide, I'm not allowed to mention that it lost in any individual market or I'm hurting your feelings. Cry me a river lol. I thought the Nintendo fanboys were supposed to be the children?

You're not convincing anyone with this sad lie. You did it because you're an angry fanboy still mad PS4 still won last year despite people like you claiming that the Switch was gonna beat it. Sony is still kicking everyone's ass and it's making you angry and that's why you chose the thread title. Stop projecting you insecurity and soreness on other people. Look in the mirror if you want to see an example of a sore fanboy.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Techhog89

@son-goku7523: Actually I said that it might, and it did come close. And no, I'm not projecting. You're the one here crying and throwing a hissy fit over a title. Grow up. The thread is about a deal in the US, not worldwide sales.

That said, I now get to find a mod to report you to since you just admitted to being an alt. :D

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Son-Goku7523
@techhog89 said:

@son-goku7523: Actually I said that it might, and it did come close. And no, I'm not projecting. You're the one here crying and throwing a hissy fit over a title. Grow up. The thread is about a deal in the US, not worldwide sales.

That said, I now get to find a mod to report you to since you just admitted to being an alt. :D

Making up lies when you have been cornered. So not only are you a sore fanboy, you are also a liar. The internet forums and youtube comment sections I visit outside of here are full of crazy fanboys like you that claimed Switch would crush PS4 last year. You're not as unique as you like to imagine, you fanboys run a hive mind. Pointing out an observation I've made of you doesn't make me an alt.

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts

Sheep had to endure so much trauma with Wii U they're grabbing at straws here.

"bu..bu..bu.. North Americaaauhh!" LOL, sheep in the end only global sales matter AND even in the last years of PS4, Switch lost LMFAO! But you sheep are used to losing by now aren't you?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@knight-k said:

"bu..bu..bu.. North Americaaauhh!" LOL, sheep in the end only global sales matter AND even in the last years of PS4, Switch lost LMFAO! But you sheep are used to losing by now aren't you?

Didn't know Sony will stop producing PS4 in 2020

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Techhog89
@son-goku7523 said:
@techhog89 said:

Making up lies when you have been cornered. So not only are you a sore fanboy, you are also a liar. The internet forums and youtube comment sections I visit outside of here are full of crazy fanboys like you that claimed Switch would crush PS4 last year. You're not as unique as you like to imagine, you fanboys run a hive mind. Pointing out an observation I've made of you doesn't make me an alt.

Uh-huh. Nice cover. Still getting reported.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20249 Posts
@techhog89 said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@techhog89 said:

Wait, is this @boxrekt/@tgob89/@AzatiS, you're arguing with? LOL! He never learns and he keeps making new accounts when he gets owned hard.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 FireEmblem_Man
@knight-k said:

First Japan doesn't matter, now North America doesn't as well? LOL Keep getting mad that the Switch is selling and isn't gonna stop since this is the year the Switch will sell more with Pokemon Gen 8 and Animal Crossing 2019.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Techhog89
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@knight-k said:

First Japan doesn't matter, now North America doesn't as well? LOL Keep getting mad that the Switch is selling and isn't gonna stop since this is the year the Switch will sell more with Pokemon Gen 8 and Animal Crossing 2019.

Then 2019 won't matter because PS4 is dead, and when Switch beats PS5 in 2020 it'll be because it just launched (even if it launches in March as many are suspecting), and then if PS5 beats Switch in 2021 suddenly the age of the console won't matter anymore. And It also somehow won't matter if Switch's 2019 is better than PS4's 2017 (its best year) either because... reasons.

Knight-k's charater is getting old though. He's just saying the same thing over and over.

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Son-Goku7523
@techhog89 said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@techhog89 said:

Report away, I'm not stopping you.

@knight-k said:

This shit is ridiculous with these fanboys lol. No one here is saying that the Switch isn't a very successful and a great product. Both consoles can succeed and be successful at the same time but not to these fanboys. No, the PS4 has to be crushed and Sony completely annihilated and begging at Nintendo's feet for the Switch to succeed. You can really tell PS4's success hurt them on a deeper level LMAO! No matter how much they kick and scream the PS4 just refuses to stop dominating worldwide, and it will only take the PS5's arrival for the PS4 to stop dominating.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Techhog89

@son-goku7523: Actually knight-k has been saying that Switch isn't successful.

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Son-Goku7523
@techhog89 said:

And yet he's not the one making a thread with ridiculous fanboy BS in it. You outed yourself with this thread.

I don't know knight-k or care about what he said in the past in other threads, he hasn't said anything fanboyish here. Your thread however is exposing you as a sore fanboy though.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

That’s their strategy for only releasing Yoshi for the first half of 2019. Soften the blow.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Techhog89
@jcrame10 said:

That’s their strategy for only releasing Yoshi for the first half of 2019. Soften the blow.

You literally think that nothing else is releasing this year lmao

Don''t worry, part 1 of you getting owned is coming very soon.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Techhog89
@son-goku7523 said:
@techhog89 said:

And yet he's not the one making a thread with ridiculous fanboy BS in it. You outed yourself with this thread.

I don't know knight-k or care about what he said in the past in other threads, he hasn't said anything fanboyish here. Your thread however is exposing you as a sore fanboy though.

Now you're trying too hard.

Why does this title upset you so much that you keep going on about this? This deal is only in the US, and Switch won in the US last year, so I said that the deal is meant to continue its winning momentum in the US. You're mad because you feel that PS4 winning globally means that everything else is invalid. I disagree, especially since PS4 is available in some places where Switch isn't. You're taking this personally though, yet you call me the fanboy. You're the one being a fanboy here by getting so triggered over a title, even accusing me of saying things that I didn't say. Like I said though, I used that title just for reactions like this. I'm having fun here. I assume this will keep going until I change the title?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@jcrame10 said:

um, no more heroes, new mario deluxe, outrun sega ages, gambler's afterburner

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

Japan sales matter

US sales matter

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jcrame10

@techhog89: is there more announced games from January - June 2019 for the Switch that I don’t know about?

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 FireEmblem_Man
@jcrame10 said:

@techhog89: is there more announced games from January - June 2019 for the Switch that I don’t know about?

Did you miss my thread talking about a rumor announcement from credible Emily Rogers? 2 more Wii U ports, 1 eShop exclusive, and other Switch titles a long with a possible Retro Studios game?

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 jcrame10

@KBFloYd said:
@jcrame10 said:

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@jcrame10 said:

Did you miss my thread talking about a rumor announcement from credible Emily Rogers? 2 more Wii U ports, 1 eShop exclusive, and other Switch titles a long with a possible Retro Studios game?

sooo a Wii port, a Wii U port, a port of some game from 1986, and a mobile looking flight game?

and now MORE Wii U ports and indie games? Jeez

If a AAA Retro title was coming out by June it would have been announced by now. It's February. Any game coming within the next 4 months is announced.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 FireEmblem_Man
@jcrame10 said:
@KBFloYd said:
@jcrame10 said:

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@jcrame10 said:

sooo a Wii port, a Wii U port, a port of some game from 1986, and a mobile looking flight game?

If a AAA Retro title was coming out by June it would have been announced by now. It's February. Any game coming within the next 4 months is announced.

Who says anything about a Retro game coming out by June? It may come out this year, or it's cancelled, or Retro may have worked on Prime Trilogy before they were asked to reboot the Prime 4 project. Apparently there maybe a direct next week on the 13th, but it's not confirmed. Hopefully that shuts your mouth up.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 jcrame10

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@jcrame10 said:
@KBFloYd said:
@jcrame10 said:

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@jcrame10 said:

Who says anything about a Retro game coming out by June? It may come out this year, or it's cancelled, or Retro may have worked on Prime Trilogy before they were asked to reboot the Prime 4 project. Apparently there maybe a direct next week on the 13th, but it's not confirmed. Hopefully that shuts your mouth up.

I said Yoshi is the only game coming out in the first half of 2019. January to June.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 FireEmblem_Man
@jcrame10 said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@jcrame10 said:
@KBFloYd said:
@jcrame10 said:

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@jcrame10 said:

I said Yoshi is the only game coming out in the first half of 2019. January to June.

Yeah, but it's not the only 1st party game coming out, maybe you should learn to be patient without badmouthing Nintendo? Like I said, there's a possibility a direct to be announce next week which is leaked from someone credible.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8427 Posts

I guess we'll see what's up with the next Nintendo direct. Honestly I'm looking forward to what the next newcomer for Smash Bros. will be (crossing fingers for Banjo-Kazooie).