Nintendo lashes back at Wii U power concerns

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#201 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

NINTENDO CAN TALK ABOUT POWER ALL THEY WANT BUT WHERE IS THE GAME THAT SHOWS DA POWAH ??

noscope-ak47

YOU MUST GIVE THEM TIME TO LAUNCH AND TIME TO RELEASE IT MY YOUNG PADAWAN!

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#202 AHUGECAT
Member since 2006 • 8967 Posts

The Wii was a PHENOMENAL system:

Metroid Prime 3
Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2
No More Heroes
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Deadly Creatures
Nights 2
Mario Kart Wii
Zelda: Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Wii Sports 1 and Resort
Wii Fit
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Mad World
Zak and Wiki
Super Paper Mario
Trauma Center
Animal Crossing
Fragile Dreams
Resident Evil 4 Wiimake
Elebits
Opoona

And games I haven't played yet but want to: Pandora's Tower, The Last Story and Xenoblade. I do not regret my purchase of my Wii one bit.

The Wii U will also be excellent and will be an amazing console. It doesn't need power - it needs to be fun, and it will be like the Wii. "Wii Sports" for example will never be as good as Metal Gear Solid 4, Halo 3, or a Grand Theft Auto game yet it was just as much fun as those games! It's all about ENJOYING what you play, and the Wii is enjoyable and the Wii U will be as well!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#203 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
Did I seriously just read that the N64 was weaker than the PS1 and the Gamecube outcIassed by the Xbox?
Avatar image for Chemical_Viking
Chemical_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 Chemical_Viking
Member since 2010 • 2145 Posts

Metroid Prime 3
No More Heroes
Deadly Creatures
Nights 2
Mario Kart Wii
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Wii Sports 1 and Resort
Wii Fit
Mad World
Zak and Wiki
Super Paper Mario
Trauma Center
Animal Crossing
Fragile Dreams
Resident Evil 4 Wiimake
Elebits
Opoona

And games I haven't played yet but want to: Pandora's Tower, The Last Story and Xenoblade. I do not regret my purchase of my Wii one bit.

The Wii U will also be excellent and will be an amazing console. It doesn't need power - it needs to be fun, and it will be like the Wii. "Wii Sports" for example will never be as good as Metal Gear Solid 4, Halo 3, or a Grand Theft Auto game yet it was just as much fun as those games! It's all about ENJOYING what you play, and the Wii is enjoyable and the Wii U will be as well!!!

AHUGECAT

LOL this happens every time someone mentions the wii library. That is a weak arse list and is supposed to encompass the whole life of the console. You've got a best games of a console's whole life on it and mad world is on there? And a remake of a last gen game? And an Animal Crossing that has scarcely changed since the N64? And wii fit? :lol: :lol: :lol:

The overwhelming majority of games on this list wouldn't get a look in on the other consoles because they'd get lost behind all the other great games.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#205 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41565 Posts

Did I seriously just read that the N64 was weaker than the PS1 and the Gamecube outcIassed by the Xbox?charizard1605

1. Wait, what? :lol:

2. Eh, XBOX was more powerful than the GameCube, so...

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

Metroid Prime 3
No More Heroes
Deadly Creatures
Nights 2
Mario Kart Wii
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Wii Sports 1 and Resort
Wii Fit
Mad World
Zak and Wiki
Super Paper Mario
Trauma Center
Animal Crossing
Fragile Dreams
Resident Evil 4 Wiimake
Elebits
Opoona

Chemical_Viking

LOL this happens every time someone mentions the wii library. That is a weak arse list and is supposed to encompass the whole life of the console. You've got a best games of a console's whole life on it and mad world is on there? And a remake of a last gen game? And an Animal Crossing that has scarcely changed since the N64? And wii fit? :lol: :lol: :lol:

The overwhelming majority of games on this list wouldn't get a look in on the other consoles because they'd get lost behind all the other great games.

Because you know, god FORBID ANYONE enjoys the Wii. :roll:

Chemical_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Chemical_Viking

[QUOTE="Chemical_Viking"]

[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

Metroid Prime 3
No More Heroes
Deadly Creatures
Nights 2
Mario Kart Wii
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Wii Sports 1 and Resort
Wii Fit
Mad World
Zak and Wiki
Super Paper Mario
Trauma Center
Animal Crossing
Fragile Dreams
Resident Evil 4 Wiimake
Elebits
Opoona

nintendoboy16

They can enjoy it all they want. That's irrelevant. That is not a good list of games for a consoles whole life. If you did one for PS3 or xbox, (1) it would not include games like Singularity or UFC fitness and (2) it would also be a lot longer and time consuming.

That's one weak arse list.

elektrixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#208 elektrixx
Member since 2010 • 2574 Posts

I'm quite confident that Wii U launch games will look awful compared to launch games of the next PlayStation and Xbox consoles. Hell, even Wii U games that release at the same time won't compare.

Xbox 360 and PS3 games that release near Wii U launch may look better as well. Now that sucks.

Chemical_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Chemical_Viking

So there is no increase in power at all, the system is going to be last gen again, and this time, it's being sold on a tablet. That's the one defining gimmick.

Haven't people been bashing tablets as gaming systems on here for a while? Hasn't the ipad been written off time and time again?

simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#210 simomate
Member since 2011 • 1875 Posts

[Quote="Eurogamer"]"Three comments," the combative Fils-Aime began. "First, it's not about power. If it was about power, then the GameCube would have been the number one system in its generation and the Wii wouldn't have been the number one system in this last generation. It is not about power. It is about fun, it is about the experience.

"Second. Our competitors can say what they want about some super long cycle, but let's see what their behaviours are.

"Thirdly, the way development works is that the longer developers work with a system, the better they can tune performance. Case in point: Look at the very first GameCube games, and compare them to a game like Resident Evil 4. It was graphically beautiful, and demonstrably more advanced than the first GameCube games.

"The same was true for Wii. A great example is Super Mario Galaxy 2. The graphics are just beautiful. And look at the motion control we were able to achieve in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword."

He added: "The longer developers work on a system the more they tune it, the more they push the system, the more they learn tricks to really optimise performance. I share this because what you see here at E3 are games that represent a relatively short amount of development time. Imagine what we'll see two years from now when developers have been working with Wii U longer and learn how to push everything out of the system.

"Our competitors will do what they want. From our perspective, this is the right time to launch a new piece of hardware. And, the fun, the capabilities, and the experiences that we're offering today with a second screen are demonstrably better than what can be done today on other platforms."

Fils-Aime's comments tally with those of developers Eurogamer has spoken to anonymously ahead of the Wii U's launch. We've been told Wii U versions of multiplatform games will at best look as good as their PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 counterparts, but games built from the ground up for Wii U will show it to be graphically capable.

Meanwhile, Fils-Aime took issue with the suggestion that Nintendo lost its hardcore gaming audience with the casual-focused Wii U.
"You know, I really chafe at that comment," he said. "Define the hardcore. I know people who are playing Smash Bros. Brawl competitively today. They're playing hours on that game. People are playing hours on New Super Mario Bros.

"What I'll tell you is that with the Wii we did not have the benefit of multiplatform games from key publishers. I didn't have The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. I didn't have the best of the Call of Duty games. That's what I missed."

With the Wii U, he said, Nintendo will get multiplatform games from key publishers.
"With the Wii U's graphics capability, processing power, and HD-output, we'll get those games. That's a huge competitive advantage versus where we were with the Wii."

But how will Nintendo do this?
"Well, the proposition for a third-party publisher or independent developer is pretty simple," Fils-Aime explained. "We need to show them that the install base is there for them to sell a quantity of games that represents a profitable proposition.

"What we're sharing with these publishers and developers is how first-party games will drive an install base, and how, from a marketing standpoint, we'll reach the type of consumers that they want to create content for.

"Then we have to deliver on it. What will help us are games like Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition, Assassin's Creed 3, Mass Effect 3 and Zombi U."charizard1605

Fine, I agree. It's not just about the power, it's about the games. However, the Wii failed to deliver on its promise about the games. No one wpuld have minded the Wii being underpowered if it had delivered on the goods as far as games were concerned, but with pitiable third party support, and even Nintendo's own offerings weaker than usual, the Wii failed to justify its existence.

If with the Wii U, the output of games matches at least the N64 and Gamecube, and at best the HD twins (not happening), or Nintendo's very own handhelds, then yes, Fils-Aime and Nintendo will be vindicated, and the Wii U's power will not have been an issue at all. However, we will have to wait and see if this really happens.

SOURCE

I don't see why you were named Sheep king. Sheep refers to Nintendo fanboys and Nintendo fanboys fight to defend their product regardless of the facts and cannot see any flaws with their company or whatever. You get what I mean Take the crown off. xD
simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 simomate
Member since 2011 • 1875 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

Chemical_Viking

They can enjoy it all they want. That's irrelevant. That is not a good list of games for a consoles whole life. If you did one for PS3 or xbox, (1) it would not include games like Singularity or UFC fitness and (2) it would also be a lot longer and time consuming.

That's one weak arse list.

Eh you are right, but I enjoyed the Wii a lot more then 360/Ps3 regardless. I havent even finished playing all the Wii Games I want too yet, so it was more then enough for me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

So there is no increase in power at all, the system is going to be last gen again, and this time, it's being sold on a tablet. That's the one defining gimmick.

Haven't people been bashing tablets as gaming systems on here for a while? Hasn't the ipad been written off time and time again?

Chemical_Viking
See, you were making sense to begin with, but now you're just pulling things out of your arse. The Wii U is conclusively more powerful than the current batch of machines, it just isn't as much of a power upgrade as everyone was expecting.
Chemical_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Chemical_Viking

charizard1605

See, you were making sense to begin with, but now you're just pulling things out of your arse. The Wii U is conclusively more powerful than the current batch of machines, it just isn't as much of a power upgrade as everyone was expecting.

Show me the proof of that. Reggie is already backing down on power, and the games so far don't bear out a great increase in power. And Nintendo don't help with vague releases about what is actually in the system.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Chemical_Viking"]

Chemical_Viking

Show me the proof of that. Reggie is already backing down on power, and the games so far don't bear out a great increase in power. And Nintendo don't help with vague releases about what is actually in the system.

Digital Foundry's article? Xbox 360 games didn't look all that special to begin with, look how good they are now. Compare Fall of Man to Uncharted 2. It's an at launch console dude, seriously. Be rational here.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] See, you were making sense to begin with, but now you're just pulling things out of your arse. The Wii U is conclusively more powerful than the current batch of machines, it just isn't as much of a power upgrade as everyone was expecting.charizard1605

Digital Foundry's article? Xbox 360 games didn't look all that special to begin with, look how good they are now. Compare Fall of Man to Uncharted 2. It's an at launch console dude, seriously. Be rational here.

Yep, if I recall correctly. GameCube was dubbed stronger than PS2 graphically and most early GameCube games from 2001 and 2002 looked weaker than PS2 games from 2001. They didn't really show until Metroid Prime and Star Fox Adventures released.
Chemical_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 Chemical_Viking

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] See, you were making sense to begin with, but now you're just pulling things out of your arse. The Wii U is conclusively more powerful than the current batch of machines, it just isn't as much of a power upgrade as everyone was expecting.charizard1605

360 games have improved in quality as the gen goes on and logically so will the games of the wii U, but the opening games looked significantly better than the last gen. Kameo and PGR3 for example. Nintendo hasn't been able to show anything better than last gen so far. Not even their flagship title Pikmin 3 outdoes PS3 and X360 games in any way.

Reggie in this very thread is downplaying power. If the Wii U was a significant leap and likely to be on a par with the others he wouldn't be doing that, he would be talking up the power.

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#217 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

Chemical_Viking

dude the wiiu is much stronger then current gen consoles.

why do you care anyway? you dont even like nintendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Chemical_Viking

360 games have improved in quality as the gen goes on and logically so will the games of the wii U, but the opening games looked significantly better than the last gen. Kameo and PGR3 for example. Nintendo hasn't been able to show anything better than last gen so far. Not even their flagship title Pikmin 3 outdoes PS3 and X360 games in any way.

Reggie in this very thread is downplaying power. If the Wii U was a significant leap and likely to be on a par with the others he wouldn't be doing that, he would be talking up the power.

Pikmin 3 was a Wii game until last year. The fact that it actually manages to look on par with the HD twin games is what surprises me, if I am to be frank with you. Let's look at the Wii U game w.r.t last gen games, you say? Sure, I'd agree with you, but there's no point. The Wii U is an incremental improvement over the last generation of consoles- it is definitIvely more powerful, but not by much at all. So its first batch of games won't look much better than X360/PS3 games. Remember how bad early PS2/GCN titles looked? Reggie is a PR guy. He says so many things. I remember him saying 'we won't let the Wii die in 2011 and beyond,' look how that turned out. He said the 3DS would not 'be getting any price cut anytime soon' back in June 2011, just a month before the 3DS price cut was announced.
Voyant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Voyant
Member since 2006 • 513 Posts
Lets just end this thread with this. http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/graphics-vs.-aesthetics Nintendo....while they have thier bs issues...understand this more than anyone.
Chemical_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 Chemical_Viking

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] See, you were making sense to begin with, but now you're just pulling things out of your arse. The Wii U is conclusively more powerful than the current batch of machines, it just isn't as much of a power upgrade as everyone was expecting.Mario1331

1. No one can say that for sure. You've acted butthurt in the past when people guessed about the systems capabilities, if they believed it would be under powered. Now you're saying it is "much stronger than current gen consoles". So okay, based on what? Cause it sure aint based on logic or anything NIntendo has released so far. Have you got inside information? Note: Much more powerful will put the Wii U on a par with the other forthcoming systems. If this will be the case, explain Reggie's back peddling.

2. I don't hate Nintendo historically, and I am more than willing to change my opinion on them if they do. I loved the original game boy, and the SNES was a great system. I owned a gamecube and enjoyed a good few games on it. (That controller was poor though because of the choices they made on the buttons). But they're relying on gimmicks, they won sales, but as a gamer, that's not good for me, because they won by casualising the industry, appealing to grandma and fitness lovers. And others will naturally get in on the act. I want a gaming system with great games, not gimmicks, and the wii failed on that. They are a lazy developer who rely on the same franchises over and over and don't even advance the stories. Their fans are blind to this. Games which would be considered average without Nintendo's cast of characters, like Mario Kart (see Sonic And Sega All Stars Racing for the reviews without the "franchise" name) are considered untouchable. Smash Brothers is the best fighter in the world to them, Mario Strikers the best football game. They've even started releasing "classic courses" on Mario Kart to get out of designing new ones. I just demand more from them, and you should too unless you want gaming to end up looking like cooking mama and Wii Fit and nothing else.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

[QUOTE="Mario1331"]

Chemical_Viking

1. No one can say that for sure. You've acted butthurt in the past when people guessed about the systems capabilities, if they believed it would be under powered. Now you're saying it is "much stronger than current gen consoles". So okay, based on what? Cause it sure aint based on logic or anything NIntendo has released so far. Have you got inside information? Note: Much more powerful will put the Wii U on a par with the other forthcoming systems. If this will be the case, explain Reggie's back peddling.

2. I don't hate Nintendo historically, and I am more than willing to change my opinion on them if they do. I loved the original game boy, and the SNES was a great system. I owned a gamecube and enjoyed a good few games on it. (That controller was poor though because of the choices they made on the buttons). But they're relying on gimmicks, they won sales, but as a gamer, that's not good for me, because they won by casualising the industry, appealing to grandma and fitness lovers. And others will naturally get in on the act. I want a gaming system with great games, not gimmicks, and the wii failed on that. They are a lazy developer who rely on the same franchises over and over and don't even advance the stories. Their fans are blind to this. Games which would be considered average without Nintendo's cast of characters, like Mario Kart (see Sonic And Sega All Stars Racing for the reviews without the "franchise" name) are considered untouchable.

Or maybe the games are actually good and your once again choking on sour grapes?

Just a thought, crazy i know

Valknut4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Valknut4
Member since 2012 • 403 Posts

Well I agree, Nintendo didn't do as well as they could have for the Wii, it still did have games I really enjoyed that a 2nd Gamecube wouldn't have got. Monster Hunter Tri, No more heros 1&2, Wii Sports and Skyward Sword.

It never got its Golden Eye/Perfect Dark/SSBM/Mario Kart 64, game to me that I just had to have all my friends over to split screen it up on. The system didn't fail me, it just 8.8'd me forgive the pun xD

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

It'll be at least another couple of years before anyone knows whether these concerns are justified. At launch, and even for the first year or so after MS and Sony launch, power won't be a concern because it can outmuscle current consoles, and the first year titles on the other new consoles will be little more than 360/PS3 titles jazzed up a bit.

When titles start using real next gen engines we'll know. If WiiU can run a slightly stripped down version of PC/PS4/NeXtbox multiplats, there won't be much of an issue. However, if it starts missing a lot of multiplats because the engine simply won't run, then the questions now are completely justified, it'll just be too late by then.

Until we have full specs for all three consoles, I'd have a hard time grabbing a WiiU if I were looking for it to be my only next gen system.

Nohtnym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Nohtnym
Member since 2010 • 1552 Posts

Ac3, zombiU, and to some extent ME3 and Batman AC are good start, but how about when ps4 and 720 are released. Is wii going to happen again.

What Im sure about is, im not going to make same mistake. That is buying wii, then noticing that 360 gets games like mass effect 1 and better looking cod4. I sold my wii, bought 360. If I had gone 360 straight I think I would have saved about 100 euro (not sure it happened about 5 years ago).

yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#225 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]

Fine, I agree. It's not just about the power, it's about the games. However, the Wii failed to deliver on its promise about the games. No one wpuld have minded the Wii being underpowered if it had delivered on the goods as far as games were concerned, but with pitiable third party support, and even Nintendo's own offerings weaker than usual, the Wii failed to justify its existence.

Shirokishi_

I dont know about others out there but despite the Wii not having the AAA multiplat titles it still had dozens of games that made me more than happy with my purchase. It was no PS2 but it was up there with the likes of the Gamecube. Anyone who says the Wii didnt have a decent lineup of quality games clearly didnt bother to search for any.

Yeah, there are some real gems and great titles and experiences I had on the Wii still than other games. In fact, my Wii had a larger library than my PS3 and 360 for a long time, before the other systems caught up (mostly thanks to great multiplat games.) If Nintendo gets 3rd party AND we have great 1st party games, my Wii U could really only be the only system I may need next gen (but it won't since I like them all :P )
Chemical_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 Chemical_Viking

[QUOTE="Mario1331"]

Shinobishyguy

2. I don't hate Nintendo historically, and I am more than willing to change my opinion on them if they do. I loved the original game boy, and the SNES was a great system. I owned a gamecube and enjoyed a good few games on it. (That controller was poor though because of the choices they made on the buttons). But they're relying on gimmicks, they won sales, but as a gamer, that's not good for me, because they won by casualising the industry, appealing to grandma and fitness lovers. And others will naturally get in on the act. I want a gaming system with great games, not gimmicks, and the wii failed on that. They are a lazy developer who rely on the same franchises over and over and don't even advance the stories. Their fans are blind to this. Games which would be considered average without Nintendo's cast of characters, like Mario Kart (see Sonic And Sega All Stars Racing for the reviews without the "franchise" name) are considered untouchable.

Or maybe the games are actually good and your once again choking on sour grapes?

I know logic must be a tough thing for you to grasp so I'll make it simple.

If the games were good I'd buy a wii like I bought all the other consoles. Wii Fit and Mad World do not deserve to be in any decent "best game" list.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Shinobishyguy

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

Chemical_Viking

If the games were good I'd buy a wii like I bought all the other consoles.

Except there are good games on the system and you systematically check off any and every one that doesn't meet whatever ridiculous criteria you set for them :|

You don't want to like them. it's okay. Dozens of fanboys do the same to whatever games aren't on their console of choice. But don't act lke there isn't any good games at all

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 LastRambo341
Member since 2010 • 8767 Posts
Ironically, my Wii library is much larger than the Gamecube's
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 LastRambo341
Member since 2010 • 8767 Posts

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

Chemical_Viking

If the games were good I'd buy a wii like I bought all the other consoles. Wii Fit and Mad World do not deserve to be in any decent "best game" list.

Well sorry if those games don't appeal to you, but a good game is a good game.If you don't like it then tough luck
Chemical_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 Chemical_Viking

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]Or maybe the games are actually good and your once again choking on sour grapes?

Shinobishyguy

If the games were good I'd buy a wii like I bought all the other consoles.

Except there are good games on the system and you systematically check off any and every one that doesn't meet whatever ridiculous criteria you set for them :|

You don't want to like them. it's okay. Dozens of fanboys do the same to whatever games aren't on their console of choice. But don't act lke there isn't any good games at all

And what exactly do you call a "fanboy" who owns practically every system but one, and owned the makers of that one's previous console?

You are the fanboy here, because you can't see past your precious Nintendo. They can't do wrong. At all. Ever. Every franchise they do is the best that genre has to offer and you can't accept that people don't feel that way. You're a fanboy. The only thing I'm a fanboy of is gaming, and I hate the direction Nintendo has taken with it recently.

I have never said the wii has no games. Ever. I have however stated that it has a weak library. Which is does.

Chemical_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 Chemical_Viking

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]Or maybe the games are actually good and your once again choking on sour grapes?

LastRambo341

Well sorry if those games don't appeal to you, but a good game is a good game.If you don't like it then tough luck

Wii fit is a good game is it? Well, good luck with that.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Shinobishyguy

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

If the games were good I'd buy a wii like I bought all the other consoles. Chemical_Viking

And what exactly do you call a "fanboy" who owns practically every system but one, and owned the makers of that one's previous console?

:lol: and where did I say that all of nintendo's games are the best in their genre? I simply said they were good (hell, some of them great, even awesome), which is something you seem to be reluctant to admit

You are the fanboy here, because you can't see past your precious Nintendo. They can't do wrong. At all. Ever. Every franchise they do is the best that genre has to offer and you can't accept that people don't feel that way. You're a fanboy. The only thing I'm a fanboy of is gaming, and I hate the direction Nintendo has taken with it recently.

I have never said the wii has no games. Ever. I have however stated that it has a weak library. Which is does.

I have said many times in the past that the wii has the weakest library of the big three. But ofcouse you just looove to ommit those type of details huh? Fanboyism works both ways. You scathing hatred for anything and everything nintendo shows in almost all of your posts.

Chemical_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 Chemical_Viking

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]Except there are good games on the system and you systematically check off any and every one that doesn't meet whatever ridiculous criteria you set for them :|

Shinobishyguy

I have said many times in the past that the wii has the weakest library of the big three. But ofcouse you just looove to ommit those type of details huh? Fanboyism works both ways. You scathing hatred for anything and everything nintendo shows in almost all of your posts.

I think they are ridiculous. I've made that clear. This is system wars. It wouldn't be much of a system wars if people agreed about everything now would it? A guy like me wouldn't be here if they didn't have someone they didn't like.

So you have stated that the wii has the weakest library of the three. Then what in the blazes are you arguing with me for when that's my opinion on this thread too?

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Shinobishyguy

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="Chemical_Viking"]

Chemical_Viking

I think they are ridiculous. I've made that clear. This is system wars. It wouldn't be much of a system wars if people agreed about everything now would it? A guy like me wouldn't be here if they didn't have someone they didn't like.

So you have stated that the wii has the weakest library of the three. Then what in the blazes are you arguing with me for when that's my opinion on this thread too?

this all started with your little delusion that the only reason why anyone likes nintendo's main first party titles is brand alone. As if you strip away the name and characters and they're suddenly crap never mind that most of them tend to be good (hell even great)
captainqwark20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 captainqwark20
Member since 2012 • 1221 Posts
Why do people actually think owning more than one system prevents you from being a fanboy? Example: LoosingENDS.
captainqwark20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 captainqwark20

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"] I have said many times in the past that the wii has the weakest library of the big three. But ofcouse you just looove to ommit those type of details huh? Fanboyism works both ways. You scathing hatred for anything and everything nintendo shows in almost all of your posts.Shinobishyguy

this all started with your little delusion that the only reason why anyone likes nintendo's main first party titles is brand alone. As if you strip away the name and characters and they're suddenly crap never mind that most of them tend to be good (hell even great)

It's true, strip away the name and they are crap, some examples.... ..... .... Is that the train, man look at the time, gotta go.
Chemical_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 Chemical_Viking

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"] I have said many times in the past that the wii has the weakest library of the big three. But ofcouse you just looove to ommit those type of details huh? Fanboyism works both ways. You scathing hatred for anything and everything nintendo shows in almost all of your posts.Shinobishyguy

I didn't say crap, and I didn't say all. I'm sure the mario galaxy games are possibly the best 3D platformers money can buy. Haven't played them extensively, but a lot of effort is put into them. But when you break down the likes of Mario Kart and Super Smash Brothers, they are nothing special above most other racers. These I have played, and without the Nintendo cast of characters they wouldn't stand out from the crowd.

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts

[QUOTE="Tikeio"]

If it was about power, the Xbox would have been number one. The Gamecube's awkward storage media and lack of DVD didn't help either.

But the "unique hook" could have been beloved Nintendo franchises in HD. I mean, you can't get them anywhere else. :3

charizard1605

That is pretty much what kept the Gamecube selling all that while, and kept Nintendo profitable in those years.

And then people want Nintendo to release its games for smartphones and go third party :P

I'd say the gameboy advance sales and DS sales had more to do with them being profitable during that time.
Chemical_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 Chemical_Viking

Why do people actually think owning more than one system prevents you from being a fanboy? Example: LoosingENDS.captainqwark20

When you own almost all of them, and have owned a console of every major developer starting with a Vectrex and an Atari A600, you've demonstrated that you're prepared to buy whatever is good no matter who it comes from.

I don't think you get what a fanboy is. Someone blindly devoted to one company and blind to all their faults, over protective and upset when people voice their opinions that are contrary to yours. None of these apply to me.

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

[QUOTE="Mario1331"]

Chemical_Viking

2. I don't hate Nintendo historically, and I am more than willing to change my opinion on them if they do. I loved the original game boy, and the SNES was a great system. I owned a gamecube and enjoyed a good few games on it. (That controller was poor though because of the choices they made on the buttons). But they're relying on gimmicks, they won sales, but as a gamer, that's not good for me, because they won by casualising the industry, appealing to grandma and fitness lovers. And others will naturally get in on the act. I want a gaming system with great games, not gimmicks, and the wii failed on that. They are a lazy developer who rely on the same franchises over and over and don't even advance the stories. Their fans are blind to this. Games which would be considered average without Nintendo's cast of characters, like Mario Kart (see Sonic And Sega All Stars Racing for the reviews without the "franchise" name) are considered untouchable. Smash Brothers is the best fighter in the world to them, Mario Strikers the best football game. They've even started releasing "classic courses" on Mario Kart to get out of designing new ones. I just demand more from them, and you should too unless you want gaming to end up looking like cooking mama and Wii Fit and nothing else.

what am i butthurt about? i saw this coming as well as i will watch the other two consoles underperform. its just the most economical decision rite now.

there not changing they are on top and selling better then ever, they know how to transition so ill just telll you to give up.

Chemical_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 Chemical_Viking

[QUOTE="Mario1331"]

Mario1331

what am i butthurt about? i saw this coming as well as i will watch the other two consoles underperform. its just the most economical decision rite now.

there not changing they are on top and selling better then ever, they know how to transition so ill just telll you to give up.

You honestly think the new forthcoming consoles from Sony and Microsoft wont be much more powerful than this gen? Based on nothing than a hunch? Well, at this stage, neither of us can say anything as there have been no announcements, so I will just say we will see.

theuncharted34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 theuncharted34
Member since 2010 • 14529 Posts

This is just one reason Nintendo will NEVER succeed with third party's. The hardware and the software they make are only designed for Nintendo's own plans, and they couldn't care less how it affects 3rd party's plans or development.

Nintendo's consoles are platform's designed for Nintendo's use alone, all else is afterthought.

We'll see amazing, brilliant gems from Nintendo, with no traces of evidence that the power of the Wii U is holding their games back in the slightest, be it visually or from a design standpoint, (As opposed to the Wii) but people should have some sense and expect the worst for the Wii U - A Nintendo box.

And i'm perfectly fine with this. Happy, even. This way Nintendo can put all its focus on their own efforts, realizing their own potential as best they can. It's not like i'd even think of buying multiplats on the Wii U in the first place, when i'll be able to play the games at 1080p and with next gen rendering on either the Ps4 or Nextbox.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#243 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

This is just one reason Nintendo will NEVER succeed with third party's. The hardware and the software they make are only designed for Nintendo's own plans, and they couldn't care less how it affects 3rd party's plans or development.

Nintendo's consoles are platform's designed for Nintendo's use alone, all else is afterthought.

We'll see amazing, brilliant gems from Nintendo, with no traces of evidence that the power of the Wii U is holding their games back in the slightest, be it visually or from a design standpoint, (As opposed to the Wii) but people should have some sense and expect the worst for the Wii U - A Nintendo box.

And i'm perfectly fine with this. Happy, even. This way Nintendo can put all its focus on their own efforts, realizing their own potential as best they can. It's not like i'd even think of buying multiplats on the Wii U in the first place, when i'll be able to play the games at 1080p and with next gen rendering on either the Ps4 or Nextbox.

theuncharted34

this..

nintendo systems are made for nintendo games and 3rd party is just bonus.

sega tried to do the same with the dreamcast....it was made for sega games in mind and look what happened.

im not saying nintendo will fail with the wiiU btw.

captainqwark20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 captainqwark20

[QUOTE="captainqwark20"]Why do people actually think owning more than one system prevents you from being a fanboy? Example: LoosingENDS.Chemical_Viking

When you own almost all of them, and have owned a console of every major developer starting with a Vectrex and an Atari A600, you've demonstrated that you're prepared to buy whatever is good no matter who it comes from.

I don't think you get what a fanboy is. Someone blindly devoted to one company and blind to all their faults, over protective and upset when people voice their opinions that are contrary to yours. None of these apply to me.

it doesn't stop you from being a fanboy, nothing you said proves what I said wrong.
theuncharted34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 theuncharted34
Member since 2010 • 14529 Posts

[QUOTE="theuncharted34"]

KBFloYd

this..

sega tried to do the same with the dreamcast....it was made for sega games in mind and look what happened.

The Dreamcast should've succeeded with such a bright and unique first party line up, (I can't wait for Jet Set HD) and the console itself being so cool and unique, and it would've had it not been for Sega's incompetence. Shame that, but that's in the past.

Nintendo has been around too long and the head's are too wise for the company to fail, at least in the near future.

captainqwark20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 captainqwark20

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

[QUOTE="theuncharted34"]

theuncharted34

this..

The Dreamcast should've succeeded with such a bright and unique first party line up, (I can't wait for Jet Set HD) and the console itself being so cool and unique, and it would've had it not been for Sega's incompetence. Shame that, but that's in the past.

Nintendo has been around too long and the head's are too wise for the company to fail, at least in the near future.

Length had nothing to do with anything. What about Midway? Mattel? Accolade? 39434-30 other companies that failed and fled or died in the game industry. It's all luck based, it has nothing to do with wiseness and longevity. Nothing.
Chemical_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 Chemical_Viking

[QUOTE="captainqwark20"]Why do people actually think owning more than one system prevents you from being a fanboy? Example: LoosingENDS.captainqwark20

it doesn't stop you from being a fanboy, nothing you said proves what I said wrong.

It does if you bother reading what I said.

captainqwark20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 captainqwark20

[QUOTE="captainqwark20"][QUOTE="Chemical_Viking"]

Chemical_Viking

No nothing in their at all shows that you can;t still have a bias for something. My firend has been a Sony fanboy and gamed before Sony and his favorite games is on the SNES, but he would give it away for a PS3 if he didn't already have it. He has more 360 games but prefers the PS3, and has more Wii games than both but keeps telling me he wants to throw it in the trash and keeps asking me if I want the games he has. In fact, I have no idea where he put it, he probably got rid of the system already. He has more Posters of the PS3 than posters of games for the system and has 16 PSn accounts.
captainqwark20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 captainqwark20
I also dare you to call him crazy or accidentally spill a drop of water the size of a thumb tack on his PS3, I will be at your funeral.
Chemical_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 Chemical_Viking

[QUOTE="captainqwark20"] it doesn't stop you from being a fanboy, nothing you said proves what I said wrong.captainqwark20

No nothing in their at all shows that you can;t still have a bias for something. My firend has been a Sony fanboy and gamed before Sony and his favorite games is on the SNES, but he would give it away for a PS3 if he didn't already have it. He has more 360 games but prefers the PS3, and has more Wii games than both but keeps telling me he wants to throw it in the trash and keeps asking me if I want the games he has. In fact, I have no idea where he put it, he probably got rid of the system already. He has more Posters of the PS3 than posters of games for the system and has 16 PSn accounts.

A fanboy is dedicated to being a fan of something. It's implied in the title you fool. Disliking Nintendo doesn't make me a fanboy of anything.