New Super Mario Bros. 2 IGN Review

• 175 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 gotdangit
Member since 2005 • 8151 Posts

Just one more mediocre game for the 3DS.Same graphics,levels and music.......nothing new and boring.

AtariKidX

OH, you've played it? Please tell me more.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

[QUOTE="locopatho"]

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

The gamespot nintendo bias is silly. Gamespot doesn't have a system bias. People are so paranoid.

ActicEdge

Totes. If games like Mass Effect and Deus Ex are getting 8.5, it's clearly just GS being (relatively) harsh reviewers!

I don't even consider it as harsh, I mean harsh is like a 6. 8.5 is a great score. Its crazy how a good score in gaming means like 80+ and in every other median its like a 60+.

Agree, it'd be way better if they used a full 10 point scale.
rasengan2552

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 rasengan2552
Member since 2009 • 5071 Posts

oh another mediocre handheld game for kids >.>

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#154 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="Blabadon"] What games deserved higher?

both 3d land and kid icarus imo. Hell Kid icarus is probably one of the best games nintendo has made in a long time.

The complaints about Kid Icarus' controls are throwing me off from buying it.

They're all overstated. The controls are unusual, not difficult. Once you get used to them, they come intuitively and naturally to you.
Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#155 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Should be more like a 4. This is why girls shouldn't review games. This is the one reviewing Dark Souls as well. Obviously she should be working with something else. Like for example being a principle in a high school. If she has the qualifications of course.themajormayor

Ignorant, juvenile and sexist.

bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#156 bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

I used to always look forward to new Mario platformers but after the New Super Mario Brothers craze, I just haven't cared as much...

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#157 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11514 Posts

Looks decent enough, but I don't think it will top Rayman Origins.

SpinoRaptor24

Of course it probably won't, but why does it need to be the best?

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#158 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

[QUOTE="Blabadon"]Rehash/10. Really wish the 3DS got better or fresher Mario platformers. Bread_or_Decide

3d land came out just last year

Repeat: Really wish the 3DS got better or fresher mario platformers.

except it was fresh dumbass :|
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#159 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"][QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"] 3d land came out just last yearShinobishyguy
Repeat: Really wish the 3DS got better or fresher mario platformers.

nah, it felt like the 2D games with a 3D perspective. That's all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"] Repeat: Really wish the 3DS got better or fresher mario platformers.

I genuinely felt 3D Land was on the same level of freshness as Galaxy 2.
SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

I had no idea this was even out.

thom_maytees

It is already out in Japan and Europe. The North American release is on the 19th.

It is quite surprising that Gametrailers reviewed the game as it usual reviews games around their North American release dates.

No, only XL is out in EU, NSMB 2 launches August 17th

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Blabadon

play it and try it yourself. SW exaggerates everything.....seriously

Mario1331
Listening to fanboys on SW for real information is a huge mistake.

Actually I got my information from the 3DS forums.
it's got a steep learning curve but once you get used to them they're really fast and accurate.Shinobishyguy
Thanks, how long is the game?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="Blabadon"] Thanks, how long is the game?

Well, I won't reveal the total number of chapters (that'd be a spoiler), but I can say I'm like 16 hours in and still no where close to finishing the game. The unique difficulty level and the multiplayer mode only add that much more to the game's lasting appeal.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Blabadon

[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"] both 3d land and kid icarus imo. Hell Kid icarus is probably one of the best games nintendo has made in a long time.charizard1605
The complaints about Kid Icarus' controls are throwing me off from buying it.

They're all overstated. The controls are unusual, not difficult. Once you get used to them, they come intuitively and naturally to you.

How long does that take though?

And you honestly felt it was as fresh as Galaxy 2... wut?

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Blabadon

[QUOTE="Blabadon"] Thanks, how long is the game?charizard1605
Well, I won't reveal the total number of chapters (that'd be a spoiler), but I can say I'm like 16 hours in and still no where close to finishing the game. The unique difficulty level and the multiplayer mode only add that much more to the game's lasting appeal.

Wait, you didn't finish it and it's your GOTY?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Blabadon"] The complaints about Kid Icarus' controls are throwing me off from buying it. Blabadon

Galaxy 1 was a breath of fresh air, like a piano slapping you in the face or something. It's impact can never be understated or possibly replicated. Galaxy 2 by comparison feels tame as far as freshness is concerned, and I feel 3D Land is on the same level.

As for Icarus, it should take only the first chapter for you to get used to them. That's about ~20 minutes. The game takes time to ease you into the controls.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Blabadon"] Thanks, how long is the game?Blabadon

Wait, you didn't finish it and it's your GOTY?

Spoiler alert: [spoiler] I'm four chapters away from finishing it. 21 chapters is usually enough to make your mind up about the game :P [/spoiler]

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Blabadon

[QUOTE="Blabadon"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] They're all overstated. The controls are unusual, not difficult. Once you get used to them, they come intuitively and naturally to you.charizard1605

Galaxy 1 was a breath of fresh air, like a piano slapping you in the face or something. It's impact can never be understated or possibly replicated. Galaxy 2 by comparison feels tame as far as freshness is concerned, and I feel 3D Land is on the same level.

As for Icarus, it should take only the first chapter for you to get used to them. That's about ~20 minutes. The game takes time to ease you into the controls.

I'll disrespectfully disagree since 2 had its own unique ideas that brought upon fresh new ideas and freshness in general, like the wonderful Cloud Mario. 3D Land... eh. And I didn't like the controls as stated earlier. And thanks for the KI info, it's either that or RE:R for my next 3DS game, and since RE:R's demo was fun, I'd probably go with that.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Shinobishyguy

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"] Repeat: Really wish the 3DS got better or fresher mario platformers. Blabadon

and can you name another mario game that feels like it? Exactly my point. It was the first to really fuse the two gameplay styles together

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="charizard1605"]

[QUOTE="Blabadon"]

Blabadon

I'll disrespectfully disagree since 2 had its own unique ideas that brought upon fresh new ideas and freshness in general, like the wonderful Cloud Mario. 3D Land... eh. And I didn't like the controls as stated earlier. And thanks for the KI info, it's either that or RE:R for my next 3DS game, and since RE:R's demo was fun, I'd probably go with that.

RE's another good one. It's actually probably the best Resident Evil game since 4 (not like that's saying much, but still)
SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

[QUOTE="Mario1331"] Listening to fanboys on SW for real information is a huge mistake.Blabadon
Actually I got my information from the 3DS forums.
it's got a steep learning curve but once you get used to them they're really fast and accurate.Shinobishyguy
Thanks, how long is the game?

Depends. If you are the kind of person who plays through a game's campaign and then leave it alone you might get disappointed, I wasn't because what was there was fun, it's maybe a 15 hour game, not sure.

You get alot more out of it if you try to complete chapters on intensity level 9, it's a huge challenge.

The flight parts are outstanding in every aspect (hilarious meta dialogue, a ton of interesting characters, high pace, gorgeous visuals & effects, great music, overall tons of variety), however the on foot parts felt abit generic in comparison and you will have to get used to the unique control scheme.

I would say the stand is a must, otherwise it can get physically painful and you have to turn the 3D off. Some people see that as a negative but I love the stand that comes with the game.

So yeah you have to weigh all the ups and downs, it's hard to straight up recommend the game.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Blabadon

[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"] except it was fresh dumbass :|Shinobishyguy

and can you name another mario game that feels like it? Exactly my point. It was the first to really fuse the two gameplay styles together

Alright, fair enough, I was clumping fresh and great into one category.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Shinobishyguy
[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

[QUOTE="Blabadon"] nah, it felt like the 2D games with a 3D perspective. That's all.Blabadon

Alright, fair enough, I was clumping fresh and great into one category.

In all honesty the only major fault I can find with the game is that it's pretty damn easy until halfway through. Still fun though, and some of the best use of 3d on the system
NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#174 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts

Ehh... Nintendo is just trying to stuff the bag full of their big IPs instead of loading them carefully, I feel. The 3DS is only two years old and already we have

MARIO KART SEVEN SUPER MARIO 3D OMG WORLD FOR THE 2ND TIMENEW SUPER MARIO 2D BUT ALSO 3D STIL OMGGGGG

It's like, who gives a big **** about these games anymore? I might be propelling my feelings here. Nintendo used to make these releases such a monumental thing. Mario Kart DS took its sweet time getting to the system. A lot of people consider it to be the best take of the series, too. None of these games are bad, but they aren't making the same kinds of cash green or critical impact. Just sort of being rushed out the door...

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#175 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

So much hate :(, atleast 3ds does have games.

This game does look awesome, like any other Mario game.

Anyway, I really want to buy a 3DS :/, maybe I will wait till end november or so.