Nelson" Sony and Xbox gamers should be friends."

• 131 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

http://www.videogamer.com/news/major_nelson_calls_for_the_hate_that_infects_gaming_to_go_away.html

Major Nelson has called for an end to the 'hateful' platform rivalry expressed by PS4 and Xbox One gamers.

"Both new platforms are off to a great start. We all should be celebrating a healthy vibrant industry," wrote Major Nelson on Reddit. "Sony has done a good job and they should be commended. The hate that infects gaming in the online space needs to go away."

He added: "Sony will sell a ton. We will sell a ton. The industry is doing well...and consumers have choice."

The Major's comments come following the publication of sales data which put Xbox One ahead of PS4 in the US during December.

Larry Hyrb has always been the calmest dude at Microsoft Entertainment. But it seems even he is tired of the spam on his twitter account. Which is often filled with insults and arguments.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Someone must have flipped the switch.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

I agree with him.

Long live gaming.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

**** lemmings

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

lol at M$ and their psychological tactics to get you into buying an Xbone by trying to look "humble". I'm already friends with many xbots anyway but I will never buy an Xbone. ;)

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9578 Posts

Anybody who can not be friends outside of the friendly console war scuffles is an idiot, he acts as if the "hate" is real... it's just like poking a dead animal with a stick though.. just doing it because we can and its fun to rile someone up... it's all in good fun. He reminds me of AL Gore on South Park.. taking himself WAY to seriousy...

I'm SUPER CEREAL it's MANBEARPIG.

Legend500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Legend500
Member since 2013 • 149 Posts

Lol you would swear that lives were at risk. Dude needs to chill the **** out and realise that its all just a bit of banter.

Avatar image for deactivated-63e66f5999640
deactivated-63e66f5999640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deactivated-63e66f5999640
Member since 2005 • 495 Posts

Only basement dwelling nerds would dislike someone over something stupid like video game console preference.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

I agree....I am a gamer and want both Sony and MS to flourish so we can well, continue gaming!

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@ZombieKiller7 said:

I agree with him.

Long live gaming.

I do too, but bias fanboys are still going to be bias childish fanboys. lol!!

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

It's funny how the gamers don't actually own these companies and tear at each other.

While the owners are cordial.

I bet most of you care more about the Playstation brand than Kaz Hirai does LOL

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

cause he knows even M$ and Phony teamed up won't touch Steambox and gabeN our lordNsavior

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

In real life I'm friends with many lemmings but on System Wars it's all out WAR!!!!!!

Seems Major Nelson doesn't know about System Wars, it's serious business here.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Jakandsigz

@WitIsWisdom said:

Anybody who can not be friends outside of the friendly console war scuffles is an idiot, he acts as if the "hate" is real... it's just like poking a dead animal with a stick though.. just doing it because we can and its fun to rile someone up... it's all in good fun. He reminds me of AL Gore on South Park.. taking himself WAY to seriousy...

That is a very odd comparison that is nonsense.

But I think this steps from the things like the death threats he got Mailed to him a few months back. When his mail information was not even supposed to be available. Also there are actually people that insane in real life. I met a do that is literally pro Sony and one that is Pro Xbox to the point of it being scary so they exist.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

cause he knows even M$ and Phony teamed up won't touch Steambox and gabeN our lordNsavior

StemBox is a niche market for Hardcore PC Gamers. No one else is going to waste there time with it. If they sell over 500K in the first 6 months, it'll be a miracle.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

i know people who like xbox over playstation, couldn't care less, i just enjoy making fun of idiots on forums and lembots make it too easy.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

But how can you be friends with Xbone owners when most of them are brain dead?

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

Real friends are the ones who are still your friend after a long SW debate.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By WitIsWisdom

@Jakandsigz said:

@WitIsWisdom said:

But I think this steps from the things like the death threats he got Mailed to him a few months back. When his mail information was not even supposed to be available. Also there are actually people that insane in real life. I met a do that is literally pro Sony and one that is Pro Xbox to the point of it being scary so they exist.

Yeah whatever man.... As if the fact he isn't rich and famous has nothing to do with that.. he is just looking for more publicity.

MS's earlier schemes put the X1 in a worse position than they would have liked (which still is not bad) and now they are doing ANYTHING they can to get back in the publics eye and seem like the "good guys." It is all a publicity stunt.

Saying what I compared it to as nonsense... How so? I simply over glorified the situation (which he already over glorified) as they did with Al Gore in South Park.

Bringing to light the fact he had "death threats?" More marketing... If some psycho (or a couple) did threaten him, it was because of the draconian anti-consumer policies MS was trying to ram down peoples throats. Those people would have already been tracked down and prosecuted, or the "threats" were mindless internet drivel that were blown out of proportion by empty minded half wits that are infatuated with themselves or looking to make a scandal for free publicity.

Anyways though.. Most people have their life threatened at one point or the other. The difference? Most people don't bring it to the publics eye and make a debacle out of it to try and stir controversy to take away from other issues.

Perhaps I am looking into this a little to much... lol

However, it all revolves around the power of the almighty dollar. He isn't snuggling up to the biggest competitor they have for anything more than fixing broken public relations. Anyone that can not see that is blind. His warm "open armed" approach is bs... and he would bury SONY with their own shovel given the chance.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jakandsigz

@WitIsWisdom said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@WitIsWisdom said:

draconian anti-consumer policies

Sounds like you are just bitter toward MS for no reason and misinformed. There were no anti-consumer practices, they were already being done, half of which was wanted, turn out those who wanted it was in the minority but still millions of people.

The actions i mentioned also happened BEFORE that as well, so you clearly are just jumping for the assumption that attacks them most making everything you wrote useless.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

Work on getting us some cross-platform online multi-player and maybe quit buying exclusives from 3rd party developers and some of the gap may be bridged.

I also agree with MS policies being to the detriment of the consumer. Had they not charged for online, and proceeded to bombard XBL with advertising, Sony may not have followed suit. Putting services like Netflix, which don't utilize XBL's network, behind a pay-wall are unforgivable and keep me from ever owning one of their consoles. And don't even get me started with their proprietary, extortionately priced HD replacement options for the 360...

I used to work with a lot of Microsoft software in the professional setting and believe me when I tell you their licensing policies are every bit as bad. SQL Server and Windows Server licenses, both charging by CPU Core, are ridiculously overpriced (like Oracle-level overpriced). As a result, we've been moving databases and servers to MySQL and Linux, respectively, where possible.

if anything, I'm against Microsoft more than Lemmings. I'll argue philosophical differences with them all day long, and I resent them a little bit for financially supporting a company that would foster these policies on the gaming industry when there are other viable alternatives.

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 -Damien-
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts

Nope

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By WitIsWisdom

@Jakandsigz said:

@WitIsWisdom said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@WitIsWisdom said:

Sounds like you are just bitter toward MS for no reason and misinformed. There were no anti-consumer practices, they were already being done, half of which was wanted, turn out those who wanted it was in the minority but still millions of people.

The actions i mentioned also happened BEFORE that as well, so you clearly are just jumping for the assumption that attacks them most making everything you wrote useless.

No assumptions or any amount of misinformation are being made on any level. Bitter toward MS? How so? If you mean by the greedy stunt they tried to pull then yes I am... However, that will not stop me from purchasing an X1 at some point. It is business, I understand that.

I am a gamer and have no fanboism that holds me loyal to any of the big three, PC gaming, or other forms of gaming either. I do prefer physical media, but I am a moderator for a PS4/PC game that will (at least initially) be digital ONLY. I would prefer it to be physical but I understand it is an indie title.

Sure, these practices were done BEFORE... on the PC. People hated it, however it was necessary regardless of those who would mindlessly argue the reasons why into the ground. To do so to the console world of gaming? No.

Regardless of what was BEFORE or AFTER, the fact remains whether you like it or not. It is marketing. Plain and simple to see, nothing more.

I must thank you for at least being able to keep up and have a some what rational debate though... very intriguing in these parts.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

Agreed..PlayStation and xbox are both great..PC as well.. Its Nintendo fans who don't deserve any friends

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jakandsigz

@WitIsWisdom said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@WitIsWisdom said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@WitIsWisdom said:

and wrong again...

No assumptions or any amount of misinformation are being made on any level. Bitter toward MS? How so? If you mean by the greedy stunt they tried to pull

And again, you have no idea where those policies come from, why they were put in, and ignore that fact millions supported and requested most of them in some form. You literally decided to randomly associate death threats and attacks to MJ with something that happened after the majority of them, because you literally are tying to make people believe what you are saying spreading complete nonsense. Yes there is clearly bias here. Otherwise you not have included something that has nothing to do with the original topic that was a failed petty stab.

I mean there are still people, investors, and gaming developers that wants MS's approach yet you are twisting it to look like it was some evil witch nazi takeover that was planned.

Now clam down...

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 WitIsWisdom

@Jakandsigz said:

@WitIsWisdom said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@WitIsWisdom said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@WitIsWisdom said:

and wrong again...

No assumptions or any amount of misinformation are being made on any level. Bitter toward MS? How so? If you mean by the greedy stunt they tried to pull

And again, you have no idea where those policies come from, why they were put in, and ignore that fact millions supported and requested most of them in some form. You literally decided to randomly associate death threats and attacks to MJ with something that happened after the majority of them, because you literally are tying to make people believe what you are saying spreading complete nonsense. Yes there is clearly bias here. Otherwise you not have included something that has nothing to do with the original topic that was a failed petty stab.

I mean there are still people, investors, and gaming developers that wants MS's approach yet you are twisting it to look like it was some evil witch nazi takeover that was planned.

Now clam down...

Keep twisting. Nothing I said was wrong. You seem like a fanboy... Do you own all three consoles or a supporter of SONY and Nintendo?

You are the one that needs to calm down. Yes what they tried to do was comparable to what you described, and it WAS planned.

Yes millions of people went along with this crap approach.. Most were ill informed. You act as though I am in the minority with this way of thinking... Fact remains they failed because people did NOT want it... they didn't change their policies because they wanted to, they did because they HAD to. Sink or swim. Believing otherwise is foolish.

Anyways though, I am done with this. It is tough to have a discussion with someone who only looks at one side of things.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#28  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14419 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

Praise our Valve overlords. They are the saviors of gaming.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#29  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

He has been spouting sh*t towards Playstation for years now and then complains when gets harassed by fanboys

"The hate that infects gaming in the online space needs to go away."

Yeah, you're right, many of it flamed by your statements...

This guy is a tool. He's probably laying low now because the PS4 has been kicking the X1s ass

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

It is impossible for me to like lems and be friends with them.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#31 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

@ZombieKiller7 said:

I agree with him.

Long live gaming.

^

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Shewgenja

**** Xbox. **** $500 TV remotes. **** 1.2 TFlops. **** DDR3. **** 720p. **** Major Flip Switcher. **** the infinite power of the cloud. **** **** **** MS for trying to slither up to gamers by associating themselves with what Playstation is doing as a thinly veiled ploy to distance themselves from the WiiU and the non-gaming centric direction they struck out on.

**** em.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@Jakandsigz:

Competition breeds innovation. The industry would suck if Sony or MS left - they need each other, and we need them (and Nintendo).

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Shewgenja

@StormyJoe said:

@Jakandsigz:

Competition breeds innovation. The industry would suck if Sony or MS left - they need each other, and we need them (and Nintendo).

It would be great if MS left. Steambox will take their place. The circle of life goes on. You WISH we needed XBox, but the reality is that it has served its purpose and we can all move on.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By StormyJoe

Ya know, I got into a discussion in another thread about some poll being skewed because Sony fanboys had turned rabid. Now, I look at the comments in this thread, and my suspicions are being validated.

I see a whole lot of cows talking a whole lotta sh!t against the lems, and the lems saying "we should get along".

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#36  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

I agree with him, even knowing that this fair-play is just marketing.

The competition between two or more platforms, helps the industry to move further, just like happened in previous gens.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 StormyJoe

@Shewgenja said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Jakandsigz:

It would be great if MS left. Steambox will take their place. The circle of life goes on. You WISH we needed XBox, but the reality is that it has served its purpose and we can all move on.

look, moojenja, your opinion doesn't mean that much to me. I mean, look at your previous post? How is anyone supposed to take anything you say seriously? You can't even see the positives Microsoft has brought to the gaming industry because your head is too far up Sony's arse.

You are a cow with mad-cow disease.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#38 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

He is right. Too bad most people (Mainly on this board) are too stupid and ignorant to want the best for both companies.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Live, Learn and Love. MS is taking notes from SONY. Bravo.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Shewgenja

@StormyJoe said:

@Shewgenja said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Jakandsigz:

look, moojenja, your opinion doesn't mean that much to me. I mean, look at your previous post? How is anyone supposed to take anything you say seriously? You can't even see the positives Microsoft has brought to the gaming industry because your head is too far up Sony's arse.

If Sony tried to pimp a limp-dick console with motion controls and multimedia as its primary focus, I'd be saying the same thing about them. The shoe fits on the other foot, homie. You are so crawled up into Microsofts butthole that you'd put brand loyalty even ahead of your own needs as a gamer.

Like your own little fellow brethren lovingly pointed out.. If it weren't for "the competition, we'd never have visuals like Halo 4 and TLoU" right? Well, then.. How come games like Titanfall are struggling to reach 720p this gen? Oh, right, because you guys are jumping through fiery hoops to justify the existence of this shit console. Even cozying up to Sony in the process of it all.

I calls it like I sees it. Judge me all you want. When the fat lady sings on all this fuckery, I will be there.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

**** that. The forum would be boring as hell.

brut_fruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 brut_fruit
Member since 2006 • 125 Posts

NO!! LEMMINGS SUCK!!!

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Shewgenja

There is one irrefutable fact that MS, Lemmings and even the gaming press just don't have an answer to justify the XBox One, try as they might:

Last generation, the PS3 and 360 were neck to neck in terms of sales and global footprint. The competition evened out in the last two years and some change so much that both consoles remained within a month or two of sales within each other. The thing is.. One company got better from the competition, embraced their criticisms and acted on them. The other company didn't and has no view or direction of gaming in the future.

Sony got better. Started the next gen with a better machine. Even came in at a better price point. Microsoft regressed so much, lost touch with the gamers and almost went so far as to wage open war with their target market via DRM. You Microsoft apologists love to take each and every opportunity to parrot this sentiment "the competition made things better" but take a good fucking look at what you've been sold.

We don't need Microsoft or its XBox. We need them gone. You jackass brand loyalists are not helping us gamers or doing us any favors. Rest assured.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@Jakandsigz said:

http://www.videogamer.com/news/major_nelson_calls_for_the_hate_that_infects_gaming_to_go_away.html

Major Nelson has called for an end to the 'hateful' platform rivalry expressed by PS4 and Xbox One gamers.

"Both new platforms are off to a great start. We all should be celebrating a healthy vibrant industry," wrote Major Nelson on Reddit. "Sony has done a good job and they should be commended. The hate that infects gaming in the online space needs to go away."

He added: "Sony will sell a ton. We will sell a ton. The industry is doing well...and consumers have choice."

The Major's comments come following the publication of sales data which put Xbox One ahead of PS4 in the US during December.

Larry Hyrb has always been the calmest dude at Microsoft Entertainment. But it seems even he is tired of the spam on his twitter account. Which is often filled with insults and arguments.

Yeah , like he said that 8 years ago when X360 literally was destroying PS3 !! But now is different right ? Since we losing lets be friends and lets forget all , the millions literally , of super trollish negative posts lemmings were writing in all big forums around the globe about how pathetic PS3 was and laughing about sales etc etc etc ...

Lemmings and Mr. Nelson seems forgetting that , cows still remember everything. Dont get annoyed , thats a payback. You need to live with it till next-gen because cows have every single right to counter-attack. Every single. If you dont beleive me , go right now and search forums ( if its still possible after Gamespots new site changes ) here in GS on PS3 release or 1 year after that. Youll be amazed what lemmings were saying. Thats all i have to say.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

@Gue1 said:

lol at M$ and their psychological tactics to get you into buying an Xbone by trying to look "humble". I'm already friends with many xbots anyway but I will never buy an Xbone. ;)

You have friends?

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 StormyJoe

@Shewgenja said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Shewgenja said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Jakandsigz:

If Sony tried to pimp a limp-dick console with motion controls and multimedia as its primary focus, I'd be saying the same thing about them. The shoe fits on the other foot, homie. You are so crawled up into Microsofts butthole that you'd put brand loyalty even ahead of your own needs as a gamer.

Like your own little fellow brethren lovingly pointed out.. If it weren't for "the competition, we'd never have visuals like Halo 4 and TLoU" right? Well, then.. How come games like Titanfall are struggling to reach 720p this gen? Oh, right, because you guys are jumping through fiery hoops to justify the existence of this shit console. Even cozying up to Sony in the process of it all.

I calls it like I sees it. Judge me all you want. When the fat lady sings on all this fuckery, I will be there.

No, I don't. I don't trash the PS4, all I do is defend the XB1 from false claims made by people like you. I have said many times that I will get a PS4, and have never said "Fvck Sony". And don't act like this is a new thing - you were a die hard moo-cow all last gen, too.

That "TitanFall struggling to reach 720" is based on a unconfirmed leak. Second, even "if" it's true, MS is releasing new drivers. Problem solved.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#49  Edited By timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

There is one irrefutable fact that MS, Lemmings and even the gaming press just don't have an answer to justify the XBox One, try as they might:

Last generation, the PS3 and 360 were neck to neck in terms of sales and global footprint. The competition evened out in the last two years and some change so much that both consoles remained within a month or two of sales within each other. The thing is.. One company got better from the competition, embraced their criticisms and acted on them. The other company didn't and has no view or direction of gaming in the future.

Sony got better. Started the next gen with a better machine. Even came in at a better price point. Microsoft regressed so much, lost touch with the gamers and almost went so far as to claim open war with their target market. You Microsoft apologists love to take each and every opportunity to parrot this sentiment "the competition made things better" but take a good fucking look at what you've been sold.

As usual you are wrong. The XBONE has better exclusives right now and next year has by far the better exclusive line up at least for now.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Shewgenja

I promise you, Titanfall will not be 1080p native. If it is, it will be so low on effects as to be laughable. How do I know that? Well, let's just say that when it comes to the size of the framebuffer from differed rendering, limiting the amount of data to what would run on the eSRam would be a naive dream. No driver update is going to fix that particular caveat.

Timbers, mind if I borrow that crystal ball of yours? lol