Nelson" Sony and Xbox gamers should be friends."

• 131 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#101 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts

I get what he's saying, but he can start by leading by example. Both companies take shots at eachother all the time. Pretty sure he even took a shot at Sony for the PS4 reveal without actually showing the console...

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#102  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

@carljohnson3456 said:

I get what he's saying, but he can start by leading by example. Both companies take shots at eachother all the time. Pretty sure he even took a shot at Sony for the PS4 reveal without actually showing the console...

He's been taking shots all last gen as well lol.

They just adapted this humble approach because them Quads are selling.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#103 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

truth is i really feel sorry for Lems. most of them bought like 2-3 Xbox360's because of the RROD. but i didn't i got a PS3 straight away.. and it's still running smooth and great

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104  Edited By Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

@Evo_nine said:

I love cows, i have immense respect for them and i wish them nothing but luck in the future.

but having said that, they are all brain-dead, hypocritical idiots that cant accept the fact they aren't getting titanfall.

I'm getting 1080p Titanfall on PC, cry moar :D

lol PC gaming.

yeah im crying.....with laughter at the thought of your little 15" monitor, uncomfortable chair giving you back spasms and the RSI from your K+M.

surround sound, 65" plasma and comfy couch for the win.

You know this...I know you do, search your feelings.

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

Something rubs me the wrong way about the guy, I understand getting rid of the hate and irrational comments people make, but this Major Nelson will dismiss ANY legit criticism and talk his way way around a legit issue without answering the question. Looking the other way does not make a real problem go away. He excels at that.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@Videodogg said:

Something rubs me the wrong way about the guy, I understand getting rid of the hate and irrational comments people make, but this Major Nelson will dismiss ANY legit criticism and talk his way way around a legit issue without answering the question. Looking the other way does not make a real problem go away. He excels at that.

He's a PR man, thats what they do.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#107 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

LOL Major Nelson!!! Where were you last gen, when they were winning and doing well and pretty much on cloud 9, while Xbots bashed Sony fans for buying the PS3, he didn't make a peep, now this gen because the Xbox got bad press and is 100$ more expensive, and not keeping up with Sony, "we should all be friends, stop bashing each other". What a wanker.

In all honesty, this stuff has been going down since Sega/Nintendo,and continues today down to Apple/Android, it means nothing it's just a little fun debate and teasing, no one takes it seriously outside system wars, people have preference, and these things will keep going on no matter what.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#108  Edited By clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

@Solid_Max13 said:

LOL Major Nelson!!! Where were you last gen, when they were winning and doing well and pretty much on cloud 9, while Xbots bashed Sony fans for buying the PS3, he didn't make a peep, now this gen because the Xbox got bad press and is 100$ more expensive, and not keeping up with Sony, "we should all be friends, stop bashing each other". What a wanker.

In all honesty, this stuff has been going down since Sega/Nintendo,and continues today down to Apple/Android, it means nothing it's just a little fun debate and teasing, no one takes it seriously outside system wars, people have preference, and these things will keep going on no matter what.

Settle down, there, prison mike.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

Don't really listen to anything PR says from either company unless they are stating facts. They are only saying what they have been told to say, for what reason I don't really understand.

FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 FragTycoon
Member since 2008 • 6430 Posts

I don't expect Lems to admit it here in SW... but even you guys must be getting sick of this guys PR BS.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Jakandsigz:

Competition breeds innovation. The industry would suck if Sony or MS left - they need each other, and we need them (and Nintendo).

Competition does not mean equal sales.

Microsoft made a vastly inferior machine to SONY. As such, the xbone should get no more than 40 million lifetime sales. If Microsoft even comes close to SONY's numbers, why would Microsoft want to better themselves? They'd make ANOTHER weakass console that still can't do 1080p, terribad devkits, and they'll try to push DRM policies again.

I didn't mention sales.

The XB1's specs are what they are because they built a console that is more than just a gaming machine; whereas Sony just focused on gaming. The market will decide who made the right call.

More than just a gaming machine? Stop bringing up with this stupid lemming talking up.

The PS4's non-gaming feature STOMPS the Xbones. Better UI, better party chat, better netflix.

What exactly is there on the Xbone that I can't find on the PS4 besides being able to switch to your TV and crawling like a turtle when it's multitasking?

LOL

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#112  Edited By Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

@clone01: I would quote this bit mobile does not allow it! But I did lol :p

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52449 Posts

@selfreflect said:

@gggoodboy said:

And yet Microsoft started all of the hate.

Look at all of the FUD campaigns they have ran against Sony. Albert Pennelo of Microsoft trying to spread the BS that the Xbone was stronger then the PS4 is, is one of many examples.

There has been so many times where Sony has had so many courses of legal action they couldve taken against Microsoft.

Look at all the Microsoft shills they have on forums hating on Sony and RUINING the fan aspect of gaming. Just ask Neogaf mods about the epidemic of Microsoft shills that have tried to infest their forums that they have had to continue to keep banning etc

Hell,

Remember Major Nelson himself running FUD campaigns at the begening of last gen. All the graphs and write ups about how weak the PS3 was and how much better the 360 was? He was spreading FUD and misinfo.

Over the years, when there has been any advantage Microsoft has had, Microsoft has been quick to shout to the roof tops about it non stop.

But isnt it funny, now that Microsoft is getting their ass handed to them in every way by Sony with the PS4,

NOW Microsoft wants to be friends and is crying about how "none of that stuff matters now, gamers are too hateful...we are both doing good" etc etc

Laughable.

Microsoft wants to cry about "hate" but yet they have had no problems hating on Sony in the past etc

So hypocrticial.

Microsoft is even trying to position themselfes along side SONY'S SUCCESS "bu bu bu we are both doing good"...."stop hating"

NO **** YOU Microsoft. **** you Major Nelson. AND **** you Albert Penello. You are all the worst type of slimey sleezebags.

You made your beds and YOU ARE GOING TO LAY IN IT Microsoft

You know, the xbone has deserved all of the hate and more too.

I personally will never forgive Microsoft for the way they tried to commit "rape" against the consumer with their henious DRM/always online schemes. Whats worse is Microsoft still plans to implement DRM in the future. Basically saying "screw you all" our 180 meant nothing. Just LISTEN to their insulting PR and how they try to blame consumers for "not getting it"

As it is, the xbone is still an under-powered, over-priced, piece of garbage that has gaming as a secondary focus and comes with a mandatory kinect spy cam

So I will NEVER reward Microsoft with my $ for releasing an under cooked cash in "product" in the xbone while tying to "market" it down our throats like if we dont know any better. PS4 significantly out selling the xbone is such a great sign. That is what has been good for gaming so far;)

The xbone will continue to get hate from me. The xbone deserves hate for the entirety of this gen and through out all of it in fact.

Sony and the PS4 will continue to get all my love and support always.

because Sony has been treating gamers right from day one with the PS4, and because Sony released an awesome more powerful cheaper vastly superior GAMING console in the PS4!

The PS4 is the huge success. The PS4 is doing MUCH BETTER then then the xbone is doing and for good reason. I dont care about how "bu bu both are doing good"

There isnt a company more insane, hypocrticial, and shady then Microsoft is. Microsoft can burn to the ground for all I care

Microsoft doenst provide the "competition" we need. Its PS4 all the way and Sony FTW.

Sony needs to go for the KILL and take Microsoft OUT once and for all.

This this and this 100%. **** Microsoft and Major Nelson. The fact a shit anti-consumer product like the xbone even has 3 million sales is disheartening and makes you wonder.

I love agreeing with myself.

kunal_anand50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#115 kunal_anand50
Member since 2013 • 87 Posts

Too bad that the system war lemmings are mostly scumbags.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178860 Posts

Hahahaha.....somebody's upset.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

Wouldn't it be funny if all this sweet talk ends up being Major Nelson getting a job at Sony? Probably wouldn't happen but would be funny none the less.

Anyways, outside these consoles, Microsoft and Sony are business partners. In someways, they are with the consoles too. Sony has two apps on the Xbox Platform and the orignal Xbox Live music features were exclusive to Sony artists. Sony Vaio is also a Windows PC and Sony has made Windows Phones in the past in the middle of a console war.

SelfReflect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By SelfReflect
Member since 2014 • 117 Posts

@gggoodboy said:

And yet Microsoft started all of the hate.

Look at all of the FUD campaigns they have ran against Sony. Albert Pennelo of Microsoft trying to spread the BS that the Xbone was stronger then the PS4 is, is one of many examples.

There has been so many times where Sony has had so many courses of legal action they couldve taken against Microsoft.

Look at all the Microsoft shills they have on forums hating on Sony and RUINING the fan aspect of gaming. Just ask Neogaf mods about the epidemic of Microsoft shills that have tried to infest their forums that they have had to continue to keep banning etc

Hell,

Remember Major Nelson himself running FUD campaigns at the begening of last gen. All the graphs and write ups about how weak the PS3 was and how much better the 360 was? He was spreading FUD and misinfo.

Over the years, when there has been any advantage Microsoft has had, Microsoft has been quick to shout to the roof tops about it non stop.

But isnt it funny, now that Microsoft is getting their ass handed to them in every way by Sony with the PS4,

NOW Microsoft wants to be friends and is crying about how "none of that stuff matters now, gamers are too hateful...we are both doing good" etc etc

Laughable.

Microsoft wants to cry about "hate" but yet they have had no problems hating on Sony in the past etc

So hypocrticial.

Microsoft is even trying to position themselfes along side SONY'S SUCCESS "bu bu bu we are both doing good"...."stop hating"

NO **** YOU Microsoft. **** you Major Nelson. AND **** you Albert Penello. You are all the worst type of slimey sleezebags.

You made your beds and YOU ARE GOING TO LAY IN IT Microsoft

You know, the xbone has deserved all of the hate and more too.

I personally will never forgive Microsoft for the way they tried to commit "rape" against the consumer with their henious DRM/always online schemes. Whats worse is Microsoft still plans to implement DRM in the future. Basically saying "screw you all" our 180 meant nothing. Just LISTEN to their insulting PR and how they try to blame consumers for "not getting it"

As it is, the xbone is still an under-powered, over-priced, piece of garbage that has gaming as a secondary focus and comes with a mandatory kinect spy cam

So I will NEVER reward Microsoft with my $ for releasing an under cooked cash in "product" in the xbone while tying to "market" it down our throats like if we dont know any better. PS4 significantly out selling the xbone is such a great sign. That is what has been good for gaming so far;)

The xbone will continue to get hate from me. The xbone deserves hate for the entirety of this gen and through out all of it in fact.

Sony and the PS4 will continue to get all my love and support always.

because Sony has been treating gamers right from day one with the PS4, and because Sony released an awesome more powerful cheaper vastly superior GAMING console in the PS4!

The PS4 is the huge success. The PS4 is doing MUCH BETTER then then the xbone is doing and for good reason. I dont care about how "bu bu both are doing good"

There isnt a company more insane, hypocrticial, and shady then Microsoft is. Microsoft can burn to the ground for all I care

Microsoft doenst provide the "competition" we need. Its PS4 all the way and Sony FTW.

Sony needs to go for the KILL and take Microsoft OUT once and for all.

So much TRUTH above. Screw Microsoft, Major Nelson, and all of their shills up the A with broken glass.

Just to add, Microsoft thinks they can control the narrative with their shills or buy away their problems. Theyre wrong on all accounts. It'll never work. We the gamers>>>Microsoft. We'll continue to call Microsoft out on everything, on all of their BS, while we will always support and love Sony for treating us gamers right. PS4 is an amazing gaming console. Playstation exclusives are always amazing .

Im glad the PS4 is out selling the xbone by such large margins. That sets the right precedent. Im also glad the xbone gets the hate it deserves and continues to get it....but in truth, the xbone really does deserve zero sales-or more so, Microsoft doesnt deserve any sales for the irrehensible DRM/always online schemes they tried to get away with. They still ended up releasing an under powered, over priced cable box (known as the xbone) so still **** 'em.

The fact xbone has even more then one sale is a disgrace to gaming. You got to wonder who are these dummies buying an under-powered, over-priced, anti-consumer xbone - when there is a cheaper, more powerful option in the PS4 that does everything better for less while having better exclusive playstation developers and better support from Sony. PS4>>>>xbone in every damn way possible..

Than again, Microsoft has been caught lying about sales numbers before. I doubt the xbone even has half the sales Microsoft claims it has. According to most retailer reports and data reports xbones are still sitting on shelfes. By comparison there is actual high level demand for the PS4. PS4s sell out within seconds of being on shelfes..

Either way, the PS4 is a legit culture phenomenon. The PS4 is having all time legendary success. The PS4 has legs and will continue to sell like hot cakes for a sustained long time.The xbone is a fad. Its already experiencing drops in sales (all good news)

As long as this gen continues I will continue to give the xbone the hate it deserves too so **** off Major Nelson you hypocrite Microsoft PR scum. You also cant tell me who to be friends with or what to do.

Also, we all know that if it were people hating on Sony instead, Microsoft wouldnt be saying the same thing. If it were the xbone selling out, Mirosoft wouldnt be saying the same thing.

I cant stand Microsoft

Microsoft eepitomizes the word shady in every way you can think of. Microsoft has done too much harm already. Microsoft has proven time and time again how ANTI-CONSUMER and ANTI-GAMER they are. Microsoft really needs to be eradicated from the face of the earth. I would have no problems with Microsoft going under. In fact thats what gaming needs. **** YOU MICROSOFT. YOU WILL NEVER WIN

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

That's like asking a Hen and Rooster to mate, either way, their still 2 chicken

Sidenote: Shouldn't the title have been Sony and Microsoft or Playstation and Xbox?

GGGoodboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By GGGoodboy
Member since 2014 • 37 Posts

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#121  Edited By donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

@ZombieKiller7 said:

I agree with him.

Long live gaming.

Same here. I mean, this is probably the worst of all places to espouse that viewpoint, but I totally don't get all the hate sometimes.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

What the hell is Nelson talking about???

I am my friend.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@narutosup said:

Sony & Microsoft should work together to make multiplayer games have multi-platform play.

Microsoft will not allow this and that is why Final Fantasy XIV is not on Xbox.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By StrongBlackVine

Yeah this would be nice if Microsoft and its fanboys had that attitude last generation when they were winning. I wasn't paying attention around the time PS3 was first released, but I can only imagine how bad it was based on what I've read the last two years. **** Microsoft and Xbox. Hope this is their last generation and Elop runs it into the ground.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

That Nelson should visit SW and see how friends we're

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

Yeah this would be nice if Microsoft and its fanboys had that attitude last generation when they were winning. I wasn't paying attention around the time PS3 was first released, but I can only imagine how bad it was based on what I've read the last two years. **** Microsoft and Xbox. Hope this is their last generation and Elop runs it into the ground.

I've never been into one as winning. point is if you have a console and enjoy it, you are winning. If you have the attitude you have, you are a loser...regardless of what you own

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 StrongBlackVine

@darkangel115 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

I've never been into one as winning. point is if you have a console and enjoy it, you are winning. If you have the attitude you have, you are a loser...regardless of what you own

I sincerely hope Xbox fails. They suck and gaming would be better off without them.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

If Playstation gamers should be friends with Xbox gamers, how come XBox Live gamers can only play games with people on XBox Live?

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

@darkangel115 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

I sincerely hope Xbox fails. They suck and gaming would be better off without them.

congrats, you are a loser in life. Guess what you win? a life of sadness and disappointment. and no this doesn't go for cows only. works the same for lems, hermits, and whatever you call Nintendo fans around here.

iMIAHi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 iMIAHi
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts
@cainetao11 said:

@Shewgenja: Am I going to be able to play the next Halo on the PS4 I buy? How about Quantum Break, KI, or Dead Rising 3? I just justified my purchasing an Xbox one. This is exactly what he's talking about. You don't like it, fine. Doesn't mean others are wrong, and we all need to justify a console to you guy. Lighten up bro. Play games man.

LOL, Dead Rising 3 was bad. The game was dry and got boring. Dead Rising 1 and 2 are the best by far. Killer Instinct haha that game was rubbish, I will wait until Street Fighter is released for Next Gen. More like Quantum Rape, don't see this game being a hit.

Halo is the only game that will keep Xbox One alive. However that is due for release nearly end of this year but who knows might be 2015. At this rate one should buy a PS4 and by the time Halo is released the price of the Xbox One console will drop huge.

Xbox One is just restricted with the lame port of Windows Phone 8 OS. HDD is crippled. Design is a failure. Kinect with TV integration in the UK/Rest of the World (apart from United States) it's useless.

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

Agreed.
Sony and Microsoft are doing well with the X1 and PS4 with developers continuing making next gen games for them.
Lots to talk about and play.
Whereas the Wii U.. lol.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#132  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Jakandsigz: i agree with him. The guy is probably tired of spam and hate

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#133  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Of course he'd want this, because it's hurting business.

Word of mouth is a strong thing, multiply that by the internet and you get some seriously negative publicity for your new system.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#134 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

I hate zombie threads.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#135 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@imiahi: please don't tell me you're stupid enough to believe your opinion of those games applies objectively to others. You need to go back to grade one, if you do.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#136  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

Da **** was this bumped for? Not even anything written in the post that bumped it.

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

**** Xbox. **** $500 TV remotes. **** 1.2 TFlops. **** DDR3. **** 720p. **** Major Flip Switcher. **** the infinite power of the cloud. **** **** **** MS for trying to slither up to gamers by associating themselves with what Playstation is doing as a thinly veiled ploy to distance themselves from the WiiU and the non-gaming centric direction they struck out on.

**** em.

Oh dear....

You...you know we're talking about video-games here? The things where you press buttons and some magical stuff happens on the screen and there's lights and sounds and it's entirely inconsequential in every conceivable way?

That's what we're talking about here. Have a cuppa and relax.

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

Everytime MS says anythin at all it just gives the impression of desperation and they'll try absolutely anythign at all to get people to buy the bone.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#140 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

I hate zombie threads.