**MUST SEE** New Battlefield 3 Footage (17 min interview)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#301 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts

[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"][QUOTE="Jebus213"]

People in cod end up playing nothing but Domination, deathmatch, and TDM anway. TDM mostly....

Wasdie

It's all about search and destroy. Thats where you'll see the real skilled players.

Yeah back in the first game when the maps weren't the size of my living room.

:lol: So true. I love how the maps are so small that you can toss a grenade right off spawn and wipe out the other team.
viper-kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#302 viper-kid
Member since 2007 • 811 Posts
[QUOTE="viper-kid"]

[QUOTE="Dynafrom"] It's so easy to point out kids who've never played the core BF series.Dynafrom

Did I ever say I played BF2? no. That's the good thing about cod it attracts all audiences unlike BF which is just sweaty PC gamers. Well good luck to dice getting even 10 million sales with your altitude.

And it's obvious you haven't a clue what you're talking about.

Do I care? I m just stating my opinion for EA to even pass 15 million sales. BF2 looked boring either way why would I play that pos? The BC series was the only one worth playing.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#303 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

I don't understand this mentality of DICE having to gun-down CoD. People act like CoD is suddenly the king of FPS' now. I'm sorry, but CoD has never once dethroned Battlefield, the only people who believe CoD is the best are mostly kids who never played Battlefield 2 or maybe Bad Company 1/2. DICE has been doing multiplayer for so many years, and are really aiming to make a quality game, not a full profit game. I guess everyone will understand when Battlefield 3 comes out. Remember everyone, while Activision is pushing yearly CoD releases in hopes of raking in profits, DICE is developing new engines and even using technology from other EA games to help advance the Battlefield franchise; something Activison would never do with Call of Duty.

2scoopsofempty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304 2scoopsofempty
Member since 2005 • 923 Posts

[QUOTE="Dynafrom"][QUOTE="viper-kid"] Did I ever say I played BF2? no. That's the good thing about cod it attracts all audiences unlike BF which is just sweaty PC gamers. Well good luck to dice getting even 10 million sales with your altitude.

viper-kid

Do I care? I m just stating my opinion for EA to even pass 15 million sales. BF2 looked boring either way why would I play that pos? The BC series was the only one worth playing.

There is a MASSIVE BF2 community going crazy over BF3 right now, for all those players out there that have only experienced BC1/2 don't really understand the hype. BF2 was a bit different no other shooter came close to it since then, and if BF3 is really following the OLD formula then this will be one hell of a game. Just Groundbreaking.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

There are people that think sales=quality?

Even some of the best games don't sell a lot.

mitu123

A true fact that I have been trying to portray to no avail *Sigh*

I see you have a new avy.:o

Yeah I like to keep things fresh :P Glad you noticed

AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#306 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

[QUOTE="viper-kid"][QUOTE="Dynafrom"] And it's obvious you haven't a clue what you're talking about.2scoopsofempty

There is a MASSIVE BF2 community going crazy over BF3 right now, for all those players out there that have only experienced BC1/2 don't really understand the hype. BF2 was a bit different no other shooter came close to it since then, and if BF3 is really following the OLD formula then this will be one hell of a game. Just Groundbreaking.

This is it. The people who have played the bad company games and other offshoots dont understand. That thousands of diehard BF2 players are praying that this game comes through!
BodyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307 BodyElite
Member since 2009 • 2678 Posts
[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="noxboxlive"]

youve played a battlefield game right?

DragonfireXZ95

Played Battlfeild the download game from PSN and Battlefeild: Bad Company 2, overall both were boring. :oops:

So is CoD, what's the difference?

Something is wrong if you seriously think COD is boring... It's pure action and adrenaline. Unless you arnt a competitive person, then have fun
viper-kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308 viper-kid

Watch on release as Cod stumps BF3 on sales shows how this forum is so out of touch with reality.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

Played Battlfeild the download game from PSN and Battlefeild: Bad Company 2, overall both were boring. :oops:

BodyElite

So is CoD, what's the difference?

Something is wrong if you seriously think COD is boring... It's pure action and adrenaline. Unless you arnt a competitive person, then have fun

When its the same thing over and over??? It is boring...

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Watch on release as Cod stumps BF3 on sales shows how this forum is so out of touch with reality.

viper-kid

Whatever helps you sleep at night kid. I'll be playing the higher quality series (BF of course.)

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 Jebus213

viper-kid

Sales=/=quality

Video games=/=reality

Internet=/=reality

Another-World

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312 Another-World
Member since 2011 • 784 Posts

It has been said by dozens of people, but it bears repeating, so I'll say it again:

SALES != QUALITY

viper-kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313 viper-kid

[QUOTE="viper-kid"]

ChubbyGuy40

Whatever helps you sleep at night kid. I'll be playing the higher quality series (BF of course.)

I m be enjoying both so hopefully I ll be slapping you online. All jokes aside more excited for BF but I m not counting out Cod.
viper-kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 viper-kid

[QUOTE="viper-kid"]

Jebus213

Sales=/=quality

Video games=/=reality

Internet=/=reality

Em... OK. I agree with Internet=/=reality as Cod is popular in the real world but not on these forums.
Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

viper-kid

Most forum goers here, I bet are pc gamers.. oddly enough, pc gamers tend to have pc's, and these pc's tend to work on the internet with really good browser support... I wouldn't expect a gaming forum to be dominated by consolers, they have to get on their pc to even visit sights effectively after all.

BF3 will outsell and be less pirated than MW3 on PC.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#316 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

[QUOTE="Jebus213"]

[QUOTE="viper-kid"]

viper-kid

Sales=/=quality

Video games=/=reality

Internet=/=reality

Em... OK. I agree with Internet=/=reality as Cod is popular in the real world but not on these forums.

And sales means quality?

Upparoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319 Upparoom
Member since 2010 • 2111 Posts

As gorgeous and amazing as this game looks, the COD vs BF argument is killing my hype.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 Jebus213

[QUOTE="viper-kid"][QUOTE="Jebus213"]

Sales=/=quality

Video games=/=reality

Internet=/=reality

Wasdie

And sales means quality?

Bf3 will sell more then Mw3 on PC anyway.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#321 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="Dynafrom"][QUOTE="viper-kid"] Did I ever say I played BF2? no. That's the good thing about cod it attracts all audiences unlike BF which is just sweaty PC gamers. Well good luck to dice getting even 10 million sales with your altitude.

viper-kid

BF2 isn't a pos.:?

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
[QUOTE="Jebus213"]

[QUOTE="viper-kid"]

viper-kid

Sales=/=quality

Video games=/=reality

Internet=/=reality

to a degree i agree with you.. all the haters are the minority... 10k which roam these forums and such hate the game.. fact is that 20 million > 10k (10k = guestimation) quality really depends on the end user and reviews are not a good basis as my opinion vastly differs from a lot of reviewers out their. Sure battlefield 3 will definitely have better production values across the whole board and will be loved by millions (myself included) but some people just want the straight up close quarter action that cod offers (which i will also be getting, cause i dont blindly dislike games which i havnt made enough research about to develop an opinion about it).. its really a pointless endeavor to put these 2 up against each other.. They're both games and they both deserve to be loved
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

[QUOTE="viper-kid"][QUOTE="Jebus213"]

Sales=/=quality

Video games=/=reality

Internet=/=reality

campzor

to a degree i agree with you.. all the haters are the minority... 10k which roam these forums and such hate the game.. fact is that 20 million > 10k (10k = guestimation) quality really depends on the end user and reviews are not a good basis as my opinion vastly differs from a lot of reviewers out their. Sure battlefield 3 will definitely have better production values across the whole board and will be loved by millions (myself included) but some people just want the straight up close quarter action that cod offers (which i will also be getting, cause i dont blindly dislike games which i havnt made enough research about to develop an opinion about it).. its really a pointless endeavor to put these 2 up against each other.. They're both games and they both deserve to be loved

These people have loved COD in the past (myself included) i loved MW1. but we are all getting sick and tired of them releasing the exact same game almost on a yearly basis now. It feels like they are just after the money and not nurturing the players at all. DICE have evolved consistently over they years and continue to either make better gameplay changes better graphical changes or both. and when they do it its in huge leaps. not tiny increments. COD is still trying to ride off its MW1 success and trying to recreate it every year and its getting boring. Over exposure to something will inevitably make it hated or run itself into the ground. they need to make some big changes to the game and not care about the $$. But I fear that COD has already gone too far with this and can't redeem itself again

Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#324 Ondoval
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

Battlefield 3 will be fantastic, I can only think about Diablo III or Guild Wars 2 toping the muiltiplayer gameplay and quality of the incoming DICE monster.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325 Jebus213

viper-kid

You said "looked" In other words you never played the game and I seriuosly doubt you ever played a game on PC other then Farmville on Facebook...or even know about PC gaming. Also all you do is repeat yourself over and over only to be proven wrong. Yet you continue for no damn reason. You're just as repetitive as the game you worship. Everyone of your posts in this thread reminds me of every CoD release- Its always the EXACT SAME. "Mw3 is going to destroy BF3 in teh sales". Which doesn't mean anything when it comes down to the quality of the game. Do you think kids buy tight jeans and sag them around there asses because its quality? No, they buy it and do it because its popular and everybody else does it.