**MUST SEE** New Battlefield 3 Footage (17 min interview)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

viper-kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 viper-kid
Member since 2007 • 811 Posts

[QUOTE="viper-kid"][QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

Being the King of s*** isn't a title worth boasting about.

And LOL at your logic.

ChubbyGuy40

Where is your facts? if non then you point is mute.

Sales =/= quality.

A reveal trailer is much different than a documentary detailing changes in a game. Both reveal trailers for BF3 and MW3 have gotten TV airtime.

Bad Company 2 >Black Ops.

Whats that you say? They aren't the main series?

Battlefield 2 >Modern Warfare 2.

Funny how it was outscored when it only had multiplayer ain't it?

So why would people buy an inferior product? nuff said
yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#152 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="viper-kid"]I think you mean the other way around as Cod is going to stumps bf in sales also notice how a 1 minute cod trailer has more hype (its even was on yahoo.co.uk's front page) while bf3 has a 17 minute which has been hardly noticed. Oh well I guest your opinions are better than cold hard facts which are sales. Good luck battlefield 3 but Cod will stay king viper-kid

And LOL at your logic.

on a technical aspect, its frowned upon. from a well-informed gamer's perspective, their marketing tactics are frowned upon. from any person's perspective (who believes in somewhat balanced multiplayer), its frowned upon. from a pc gamer's perspective (one who doesn't like paying 60 dollars for a game a year after its release), its frowned upon. from a single-player gamer's perspective, its frowned upon. its the most undeserving top seller in any form of entertainment if you look at it from an angle. dont get me wrong, i love cod4, but the series has transformed into a monolith composed of greed and staleness.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#153 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="viper-kid"] Where is your facts? if non then you point is mute.viper-kid

Sales =/= quality.

A reveal trailer is much different than a documentary detailing changes in a game. Both reveal trailers for BF3 and MW3 have gotten TV airtime.

people buy what's popular.... like when people spend $200+ on an ipod when they get some something very similar for half the price
viper-kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 viper-kid

Sales =/= quality.

lawlessx

people buy what's popular.... like when people spend $200+ on an ipod when they get some something very similar for half the price

Or maybe, just maybe they buy what they feel is the better product have you ever thought of that?

gaming25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 gaming25
Member since 2010 • 6181 Posts

[QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="viper-kid"] So why would people buy an inferior product? nuff saidviper-kid

Or maybe, just maybe they buy what they feel is the better product have you ever thought of that?

Its sales are due to the fact of its popularity.
viper-kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 viper-kid

And LOL at your logic.

yellosnolvr

on a technical aspect, its frowned upon. from a well-informed gamer's perspective, their marketing tactics are frowned upon. from any person's perspective (who believes in somewhat balanced multiplayer), its frowned upon. from a pc gamer's perspective (one who doesn't like paying 60 dollars for a game a year after its release), its frowned upon. from a single-player gamer's perspective, its frowned upon. its the most undeserving top seller in any form of entertainment if you look at it from an angle. dont get me wrong, i love cod4, but the series has transformed into a monolith composed of greed and staleness.

And yet even though its 'frowned upon' it still out sales BF by a large margin so I m guessing you guys are in the minority.

yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 yellosnolvr
Maybe when BF can run 60 fps like cod then they can be a contender for the crown. Until then the game just doesn't run smooth enough for us to like consolers to like it. hopefully I can upgrade my PC for battlefield 3 with 60 fps. viper-kid
the game is a hard-hitter on both the cpu and the gpu thanks to a quite advanced bullet physics system, destruction system, dynamic lighting, don't forget that state of the art sound engine with realistic gunshot delay based on distance away and with occluded distant sounds of explosions/gunshots happening on the other side of the map. getting 60fps on a dated engine with pre-baked lighting, smaller maps, less players, little-to-no post-processing effects, no vehicles, and simple physics is expected on any hardware setup.
gaming25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 gaming25

[QUOTE="yellosnolvr"][QUOTE="viper-kid"] Where is your facts? if non then you point is mute.viper-kid

And yet even though its 'frowned upon' it still out sales BF by a large margin so I m guessing you guys are in the minority.

Sure, but the facts still remain that the COD franchise still has glaring problems with their games.
viper-kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 viper-kid
[QUOTE="viper-kid"]

[QUOTE="lawlessx"] people buy what's popular.... like when people spend $200+ on an ipod when they get some something very similar for half the pricegaming25

How did it get popular? because it was the better game. If battlefield was better then it would have become popular but nope its not.
gaming25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 gaming25

[QUOTE="gaming25"][QUOTE="viper-kid"] Or maybe, just maybe they buy what they feel is the better product have you ever thought of that?

viper-kid

How did it get popular? because it was the better game. If battlefield was better then it would have become popular but nope its not.

No. There are many different factors to how the game got popular.

viper-kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 viper-kid
[QUOTE="viper-kid"]

[QUOTE="yellosnolvr"]on a technical aspect, its frowned upon. from a well-informed gamer's perspective, their marketing tactics are frowned upon. from any person's perspective (who believes in somewhat balanced multiplayer), its frowned upon. from a pc gamer's perspective (one who doesn't like paying 60 dollars for a game a year after its release), its frowned upon. from a single-player gamer's perspective, its frowned upon. its the most undeserving top seller in any form of entertainment if you look at it from an angle. dont get me wrong, i love cod4, but the series has transformed into a monolith composed of greed and staleness.gaming25

Sure, but the facts still remain that the COD franchise still has glaring problems with their games.

And yet each Cod surpass the last one in sales. So no problems are effecting people's choice of which is better.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="viper-kid"] Where is your facts? if non then you point is mute.viper-kid

Sales =/= quality.

Why do people buy an iPhone when Android devices are vastly inferior and cheaper?

Why do people buy Skullcandy or Beats headphones when there are infinitely better and cheaper headphones?

Why do people pay for XBL when you get the same service for free from Sony, Nintendo, and PC?

Oh btw, Battlefield has 2 current-gen titles on consoles. COD has six on current gen consoles. Popularity and so-much-marketing-you-can't-go-to-any-website-or-TV station-without-a-MW3-ad helps push sales. Battlefield has almost 9 million sales on word of mouth alone.

viper-kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 viper-kid

[QUOTE="viper-kid"][QUOTE="gaming25"] Its sales are due to the fact of its popularity. gaming25

care to elaborate... as Cod is the best and the sales reflect that so I don't know whats the problem.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 ChubbyGuy40

[QUOTE="gaming25"][QUOTE="viper-kid"] And yet even though its 'frowned upon' it still out sales BF by a large margin so I m guessing you guys are in the minority.

viper-kid

And yet each Cod surpass the last one in sales. So no problems are effecting people's choice of which is better.

Sales do not equal quality or superiority. By your logic Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga must be the most talented musicians ever.

gaming25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 gaming25
[QUOTE="viper-kid"][QUOTE="gaming25"]

How did it get popular? because it was the better game. If battlefield was better then it would have become popular but nope its not.viper-kid

care to elaborate... as Cod is the best and the sales reflect that so I don't know whats the problem.

In your opinion its the best.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 ChubbyGuy40

[QUOTE="gaming25"]

[QUOTE="viper-kid"] How did it get popular? because it was the better game. If battlefield was better then it would have become popular but nope its not.viper-kid

Sales are going up while quality is going down. Not the case with Battlefield as I've already proven.

viper-kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 viper-kid

Sales =/= quality.

ChubbyGuy40

Why do people buy an iPhone when Android devices are vastly inferior and cheaper?

Why do people buy Skullcandy or Beats headphones when there are infinitely better and cheaper headphones?

Why do people pay for XBL when you get the same service for free from Sony, Nintendo, and PC?

Oh btw, Battlefield has 2 current-gen titles on consoles. COD has six on current gen consoles. Popularity and so-much-marketing-you-can't-go-to-any-website-or-TV station-without-a-MW3-ad helps push sales. Battlefield has almost 9 million sales on word of mouth alone.

But EA and Activision both have funds for markets its not my fault EA doesn't have faith in in BF unlike Activision has for COD which is right considering COD stumps BF
yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 yellosnolvr

Oh btw, Battlefield has 2 current-gen titles on consoles. COD has six on current gen consoles. Popularity and so-much-marketing-you-can't-go-to-any-website-or-TV station-without-a-MW3-ad helps push sales. Battlefield has almost 9 million sales on word of mouth alone.ChubbyGuy40
this. i love you. i see more ads for black ops DLC than every other game on every system combined. they put so much money into their marketing, its not funny. activision was able to put more money into marketing because they decided to, while EA used that money for DICE to make actual advances in technology. do you see where i'm going with this? EA also has a load of other AAA franchises that need funding, so that is less monetary resources going to DICE's marketing.

i think im done for now. i've said more than i've needed to. thanks for the excellent points as well, chubbyguy.

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts

People sure get worked up when COD is involved.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 ChubbyGuy40

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="viper-kid"] So why would people buy an inferior product? nuff saidviper-kid

But EA and Activision both have funds for markets its not my fault EA doesn't have faith in in BF unlike Activision has for COD which is right considering COD stumps BF

Activison also got rid of over half of Infinity Ward and didn't pay the royalty fees they owed IW.

EA clearly has faith or they wouldn't have stuck around with DICE for so long (IE before CoD1 was even created.)

And once again, wrong. Quality of CoD has only gone down the drain.

viper-kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 viper-kid

[QUOTE="viper-kid"][QUOTE="gaming25"]

gaming25

The difference is COD has more sales than BF so the majority agree with me. BF is lucky to get 20 million sales unlike with MW2 and Black Ops with over 50 million.

viper-kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 viper-kid

ChubbyGuy40

Activison also got rid of over half of Infinity Ward and didn't pay the royalty fees they owed IW.

EA clearly has faith or they wouldn't have stuck around with DICE for so long (IE before CoD1 was even created.)

The sales don't reflect your 'down the drain' statement as sales are going up as they should. so insert coin and try again
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 ChubbyGuy40

[QUOTE="gaming25"][QUOTE="viper-kid"] care to elaborate... as Cod is the best and the sales reflect that so I don't know whats the problem.viper-kid

The difference is COD has more sales than BF so the majority agree with me. BF is lucky to get 20 million sales unlike with MW2 and Black Ops with over 50 million.

So the only thing you have to play is the sales card huh? Now I remember why I don't play CoD. Every little kid keeps playing Justin Bieber over his mic because he's clearly the best musician out there.

viper-kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 viper-kid

In your opinion its the best.Lto_thaG

So the only thing you have to play is the sales card huh? Now I remember why I don't play CoD. Every little kid keeps playing Justin Bieber over his mic because he's clearly the best musician out there.

The people have spoken and think Cod and justin are the best.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 ChubbyGuy40

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="viper-kid"] But EA and Activision both have funds for markets its not my fault EA doesn't have faith in in BF unlike Activision has for COD which is right considering COD stumps BFviper-kid

The sales don't reflect your 'down the drain' statement as sales are going up as they should. so insert coin and try again

Maybe you missed the links on the last page.

Bad Company 2 = 88.02%

Black Ops (The biggest seller BTW) = 78.27%

You also have a false presumpion that everyone who buys it, enjoys the game. Once again, you do not understand the concept of sales.

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Lto_thaG

^

Watch dem quotes,son.

My name shan't not be used in vain.

metal_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 metal_zombie
Member since 2004 • 2288 Posts

Looks alright.

McStrongfast

what is that a kill streak bonus:?

viper-kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 viper-kid

[QUOTE="viper-kid"]

[QUOTE="gaming25"] In your opinion its the best.ChubbyGuy40

Well the good thing about sales is that its facts unlike 'hur dur Cods sux' with no tangible proof.
Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Lto_thaG

ChubbyGuy40

Bad Company 2 = 88.02%

You also have a false presumpion that everyone who buys it, enjoys the game. Once again, you do not understand the concept of sales.

That's the pc version though.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#180 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="McStrongfast"]

Looks alright.

metal_zombie

I don't follow, that looks like it's from the single player.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 ChubbyGuy40

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="viper-kid"] The sales don't reflect your 'down the drain' statement as sales are going up as they should. so insert coin and try againLto_thaG

Bad Company 2 = 88.02%

PC versions carry more weight. Thats why I use them whenever possible. Even if I used GS's scores it'd still be true.

viper-kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 viper-kid

ChubbyGuy40

Bad Company 2 = 88.02%

^^^ That's your answer
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 ChubbyGuy40

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="viper-kid"] The difference is COD has more sales than BF so the majority agree with me. BF is lucky to get 20 million sales unlike with MW2 and Black Ops with over 50 million.

viper-kid

Well the good thing about sales is that its facts unlike 'hur dur Cods sux' with no tangible proof.

I said it sucked? I remember calling it medicore/below average but don't remember saying that anywhere in this thread.

The only thing sales prove is how much a product sales. Sales do not dictate quality.

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Lto_thaG

[QUOTE="Lto_thaG"]

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

Bad Company 2 = 88.02%

ChubbyGuy40

PC versions carry more weight. Thats why I use them whenever possible. Even if I used GS's scores it'd still be true.

Whatever works for you,I guess.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 ChubbyGuy40

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="viper-kid"] The sales don't reflect your 'down the drain' statement as sales are going up as they should. so insert coin and try againviper-kid

Bad Company 2 = 88.02%

^^^ That's your answer

General assumption. Same concept you keep trying to get across in the form of sales which doesn't work.

viper-kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 viper-kid

[QUOTE="Lto_thaG"]

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

Bad Company 2 = 88.02%

ChubbyGuy40

Oh there is the elite talk as if developers get most of their money from PC. Consoles are the bread and butter for those developer that's why BF will never beat COD too much focus on PC

viper-kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 viper-kid

Bad Company 2 = 88.02%

ChubbyGuy40

^^^ That's your answer

General assumption. Same concept you keep trying to get across in the form of sales which doesn't work.

Facts>Opinions
metal_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 metal_zombie

[QUOTE="metal_zombie"]

[QUOTE="McStrongfast"]

Looks alright.

mitu123

I didn't watch the video sorry thanks
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 ChubbyGuy40

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="Lto_thaG"]

viper-kid

Oh there is the elite talk as if developers get most of their money from PC. Consoles are the bread and butter for those developer that's why BF will never beat COD too much focus on PC

Elite talk? It was a Gamespot reviewer who said something similar to that. If they reviewed all games by PC standards, consoles would score lower every time. Why are you so mad about it? They're the same game so nothing is affected. You got nothing left to use so now you're trying to spin the topic into a different direction. Not out fault if DICE is aiming for quality instead of quantity.

And I agree facts > opinions. So start presenting some facts instead of opinions.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#190 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="viper-kid"] ^^^ That's your answerviper-kid

Facts>Opinions

Sales are factual. Now whats better is opinion.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 mitu123
[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="metal_zombie"] what is that a kill streak bonus:?

metal_zombie

Yeah, they haven't shown any multiplayer footage yet, that's for E3.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 finalfantasy94

I cant wait. This is the next big shooter im getting. I really enjoyed BFBC.

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Lto_thaG

finalfantasy94
I laughed my ass off of with that game.
metal_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 metal_zombie
Yeah, they haven't shown any multiplayer footage yet, that's for E3.mitu123
BF3 will be epic on the PC
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 ChubbyGuy40

[QUOTE="metal_zombie"][QUOTE="mitu123"] I don't follow, that looks like it's from the single player.

mitu123

Is it confirmed we get to see MP footage finally at E3?

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 ChubbyGuy40

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

Lto_thaG

I think its SP is really underrated. B-Company is extremely funny.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="metal_zombie"] I didn't watch the video sorry thanksChubbyGuy40

I'm pretty sure it'll be there, they are saving the best, plus being released this year means we need more info and footage as soon as possible. The game is listed to be shown there, they would be crazy not to do it.
Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Lto_thaG

[QUOTE="Lto_thaG"][QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

ChubbyGuy40

I agree.It was a blast.I might replay it again.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 ChubbyGuy40

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"] Yeah, they haven't shown any multiplayer footage yet, that's for E3.mitu123

I'm pretty sure it'll be there, they are saving the best, plus being released this year means we need more info and footage as soon as possible. The game is listed to be shown there, they would be crazy not to do it.

Well its MP has been in development for years. The Battlefield 2 team had to be doing something during the course between BF2's release and porting BC2 to PC.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 finalfantasy94

[QUOTE="Lto_thaG"][QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

ChubbyGuy40

I thought the SP was ok. I just really enjoyed the overall gameplay the game had.