**MUST SEE** New Battlefield 3 Footage (17 min interview)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#201 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

Is it confirmed we get to see MP footage finally at E3?

ChubbyGuy40

I'm pretty sure it'll be there, they are saving the best, plus being released this year means we need more info and footage as soon as possible. The game is listed to be shown there, they would be crazy not to do it.

Well its MP has been in development for years. The Battlefield 2 team had to be doing something during the course between BF2's release and porting BC2 to PC.

And they have to show it, because I read the beta is coming in October, wish it was earlier. Would be funny to see the remade BF2 maps there with gameplay footage.
viper-kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 viper-kid
Member since 2007 • 811 Posts

[QUOTE="Lto_thaG"][QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

I cant wait. This is the next big shooter im getting. I really enjoyed BFBC.

ChubbyGuy40

I laughed my ass off of with that game.

I think its SP is really underrated. B-Company is extremely funny.

Bad Company was good Bad Company 2 was just Dice's poor attempt to copy COD e.g. Weapon attachments, Perks(stopping power and juggernaut), 3 bullets to kill and smaller maps for infantry action (End Of Line on BC1 was my Fav).
Avatar image for TheAcountantMan
TheAcountantMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 TheAcountantMan
Member since 2011 • 1281 Posts
My shooter game of choice, is Socom/Ghost Recib, then Rainbow 6, then COD, BF is a game i play, because those others somehow seemed to have fell of the map. What i saw in that video, did look pretty cool, Karkand, kinder reminds me of Crossroads from Socom, i hope i get the same nostalgia from karkand, that i get when i play Crossroads.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
i hope they dont change much if any of the design of the game.. (all i want is weapon unlocks , not total customization)
C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts
i hope they dont change much if any of the design of the game.. (all i want is weapon unlocks , not total customization)campzor
I just hope the Forstbite 2 isn't much more demanding on CPU, than Frostbite 1.5 .
dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

i hope they dont change much if any of the design of the game.. (all i want is weapon unlocks , not total customization)campzor

What is wrong with customisation

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 campzor

[QUOTE="campzor"]i hope they dont change much if any of the design of the game.. (all i want is weapon unlocks , not total customization)dercoo

What is wrong with customisation

i just dont like it, never really have :/ i just like having a selected gun for me to pick from a list (much like in bf2 and original cod) instead of pimping them up with silencers and sub woofers... i dunno :/ just not a fan. I think its better if the dev makes the gun for me instead of me making it myself.
MobilechicaneX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 MobilechicaneX
Member since 2009 • 2863 Posts

Wait a f***ing second. DICE are creating pre-release DLC and SW is ok with it? Simply because it's BF3? Double standards, guys.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 campzor

Wait a f***ing second. DICE are creating pre-release DLC and SW is ok with it? Simply because it's BF3? Double standards, guys.

MobilechicaneX
its karkand.. they can take my first born son for all i care!
Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

MobilechicaneX
I have a bit of a problem with it, but I pre-ordered.. so, it doesn't apply to me x.x
Mystic-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 Mystic-G
Member since 2006 • 6462 Posts

MobilechicaneX
You are aware that it's free if you pre-order right? And since many here are Battlefield fans, they planned on pre-ordering anyway. So yea.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

MobilechicaneX

Battlefield = f'ing awesome (mainly) PC series

Karkand = f'ing awesome

Battlefield 2 = best online MP of all time

DICE = always gives PC free map packs/DLC. If it isn't free at launch they include it in a patch later. So giving away their best maps that are remade AND for free simply by preordering it is pretty sweet. Consolers obviously have no problem paying for map packs (especially ones that are just ported over from the last CoD and nothing changed ;) ) so theres no problem there. Everything has gone better than expected.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="viper-kid"] The sales don't reflect your 'down the drain' statement as sales are going up as they should. so insert coin and try againLto_thaG

Maybe you missed the links on the last page.

Bad Company 2 = 88.02%

Black Ops (The biggest seller BTW) = 78.27%

You also have a false presumpion that everyone who buys it, enjoys the game. Once again, you do not understand the concept of sales.

That's the pc version though.

Exactly, who cares about the console version. Cuz I sure as hell don't...

viper-kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 viper-kid

[QUOTE="MobilechicaneX"]

ChubbyGuy40

Karkand = f'ing awesome

DICE = always gives PC free map packs/DLC. If it isn't free at launch they include it in a patch later. So giving away their best maps that are remade AND for free simply by preordering it is pretty sweet. Consolers obviously have no problem paying for map packs (especially ones that are just ported over from the last CoD and nothing changed ;) ) so theres no problem there. Everything has gone better than expected.

MobilechicaneX
Even if it was free cod would still stump BF. Too much focus on pc equals crappy sales EA. Consoles are the bread and butter for sales and I m still waiting for 60 fps on xbox until then they have no chance of beating COD.
viper-kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 viper-kid

[QUOTE="MobilechicaneX"]

ChubbyGuy40

Karkand = f'ing awesome

If people find the COD map packs valuable they pay at least you know all your friends will have them unlike bc2=waste of money.

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 Inconsistancy
Even if it was free cod would still stump BF. Too much focus on pc equals crappy sales EA. Consoles are the bread and butter for sales and I m still waiting for 60 fps on xbox until then they have no chance of beating COD.viper-kid
Maybe if they are spineless and only want money, I'm glad they are leading on PC, I couldn't care less what consoles get. Quality > sales for me, the end-user.
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="MobilechicaneX"]

Karkand = f'ing awesome

viper-kid

MobilechicaneX

Even if it was free cod would still stump BF. Too much focus on pc equals crappy sales EA. Consoles are the bread and butter for sales and I m still waiting for 60 fps on xbox until then they have no chance of beating COD.

Popularity=sales

Quality=/=sales

fact=/=opinion

Adblock plus+viper-kid = I don't need to see your posts anymore

abuabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 abuabed
Member since 2005 • 6606 Posts
Looks insane! job well done DICE!
viper-kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 viper-kid

[QUOTE="viper-kid"][QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"] [QUOTE="MobilechicaneX"]

Jebus213

Popularity=sales

Quality=/=sales

fact=/=opinion

Adblock plus+viper-kid = I don't need to see your posts anymore

Sales are facts.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26650 Posts

MobilechicaneX
It's free with the pre-order, which most Battlefield fans will be doing anyway. And it's actually good, unlike most DLC that you have to pay for.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#221 deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
Member since 2005 • 4624 Posts

[QUOTE="viper-kid"]Even if it was free cod would still stump BF. Too much focus on pc equals crappy sales EA. Consoles are the bread and butter for sales and I m still waiting for 60 fps on xbox until then they have no chance of beating COD.Inconsistancy
Maybe if they are spineless and only want money, I'm glad they are leading on PC, I couldn't care less what consoles get. Quality > sales for me, the end-user.

So leading on PC gives developers some sort of moral superiority now:?

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26650 Posts

[QUOTE="Inconsistancy"][QUOTE="viper-kid"]Even if it was free cod would still stump BF. Too much focus on pc equals crappy sales EA. Consoles are the bread and butter for sales and I m still waiting for 60 fps on xbox until then they have no chance of beating COD.bez2083

No, it means that they actually care about the system enough to set it apart from the consoles which have dated technology. 64 players vs 24 players is a gigantic difference(and I'm underestimating that).
C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts

[QUOTE="Inconsistancy"][QUOTE="viper-kid"]Even if it was free cod would still stump BF. Too much focus on pc equals crappy sales EA. Consoles are the bread and butter for sales and I m still waiting for 60 fps on xbox until then they have no chance of beating COD.bez2083

What's wrong with having a better game on the superior platform?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b

[QUOTE="bez2083"]

[QUOTE="Inconsistancy"] Maybe if they are spineless and only want money, I'm glad they are leading on PC, I couldn't care less what consoles get. Quality > sales for me, the end-user.DragonfireXZ95

No, it means that they actually care about the system enough to set it apart from the consoles which have dated technology. 64 players vs 24 players is a gigantic difference(and I'm underestimating that).

Really?! OK......

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Inconsistancy

Sales are facts viper-kid
What about them? Yes sales are provable, but they are a fact of what? Popularity? Quality =/= Popularity. Long ago popular opinion was that Earth was flat and the center of the universe, they took it to be fact, but it was a low quality fact(unproven/tested), and is actually false. The quality 'opinion'(fact, proven/tested) was that it wasn't either of those, but these people were hounded by the church and kept silent.

The Church refused to buy the quality fact, and bought the rehashed, low quality 'fact' instead. 8)

bez2083

No, no, no. I mean that they care about producing quality (regardless of platform) enough to potentially sacrifice sales, rather than just rehashing for money every year.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b

[QUOTE="viper-kid"] Sales are facts Inconsistancy

What about them? Yes sales are provable, but they are a fact of what? Popularity? Quality =/= Popularity. Long ago popular opinion was that Earth was flat and the center of the universe, they took it to be fact, but it was a low quality fact(unproven/tested), and is actually false. The quality 'opinion'(fact, proven/tested) was that it wasn't either of those, but these people were hounded by the church and kept silent.

The Church refused to buy the quality fact, and bought the rehashed, low quality 'fact' instead. 8)

bez2083

No, no, no. I mean that they care about producing quality (regardless of platform) enough to potentially sacrifice sales, rather than just rehashing for money every year.

Thank You for clearing that up! I get what you're saying now.

viper-kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 viper-kid

[QUOTE="viper-kid"] Sales are facts Inconsistancy

bez2083

Well sales are proven facts so... unlike 'hur dur cod sux' which is opinion thats unproven just the the minority screaming non selse.

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 Inconsistancy

Well sales are proven facts so... unlike 'hur dur cod sux' which is opinion thats unproven just the the minority screaming non selse.

viper-kid

Yes.. but, sales only prove that CoD is popular, not good or quality. Quality, to some extent, can be measured in games: Scale, effects, physics, balance, textures, animations, models... But the better game is obviously an opinion.

Tresca_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#231 Tresca_
Member since 2008 • 869 Posts

DICE, you have the opportunity to put Call of Duty to shame and show it for what it really is; the annual activision turd.

It's time to flush that doogan.

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 Inconsistancy

Oh, also? It's not particular accurate or kosher to compare entertainment with religious dogma or theory. The point of the former is merely to be entertained and have fun. All the proof you need is whether or not you are having fun (and how does someone prove you're not having fun?). The latter has more to do with a way of life and how you believe the world works. It's much more complicated.AncientDozer
Followers of a religion and fanboi's have plenty in common, accurate. Kosher, we're not eating fanboi's, that wouldn't be kosher at all. :D

But seriously, was only talking about the church in the first place to setup my shot at CoD. In that shot, I didn't target a religion, just the leaders of it, referring to them as 'the church'. But what I did say about them, is a fact.

@how the world works. The relation is that you can test and prove how the world works, and you can test and prove some aspects of quality in a game. It's very simple really.

javafriek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 javafriek
Member since 2008 • 752 Posts

[QUOTE="viper-kid"][QUOTE="gaming25"] Sure, but the facts still remain that the COD franchise still has glaring problems with their games.ChubbyGuy40

And yet each Cod surpass the last one in sales. So no problems are effecting people's choice of which is better.

Sales do not equal quality or superiority. By your logic Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga must be the most talented musicians ever.

Lol! Winning!
Another-World

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 Another-World
Member since 2011 • 784 Posts

SAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS.

It's funny how much the S-word gets bandied about, considering how very little it means with reference to the actual merit of the game.

If we went by sales, then I should consider Twilight to be the zenith of fantasy literature, and 'baby' by JB to be the best song ever.

Here somebody might interject and say, "Then why are they so popular? Surely they must be good, or do something right. And many popular games are also critically appreciated, what do you have to say about that?"

The answer is simple.

These things are popular because they provide 'easy' entertainment to the user, i.e. because they:

1. Either entertain at a very meagre cost to the user's mental effort, awarding them for little strain, or depict scenarios that are fantasized by many, thus providing instant gratification.

2. They are easy to get into, i.e. the system cuts the user some slack in the beginning (or throughout), and lets him experience desired outcomes without over-burdening him with perfecting the game mechanics at first. hence first timers are not intimidated or put-off by the strangeness, and are instead welcomed by an awarding experience, which draws him into the game and once comforted, motivates him to become better at the game and learn more complex mechanics/perfect them.

Keep in mind that these points(specially the 2nd) are NOT bad at all in themself. Which brings me to the second question about good games being popular.:

The games of that category are popular because they DO THE ABOVE TWO THINGS.(or at least the second one)

The games of that category are GOOD because they do those THINGS THE RIGHT WAY.

The right way means using the 2 points only as a measure to ease the person into the experience. After this easing-into has been done, then the game should pick the pace up, and introduce more mechanics/complexities and in general make the player work harder/think more for reaping the goods, which of course also need to have a higher desirability than previous ones.

A game that refuses to move out of the easing stage becomes stagnant and devolves into a INSTANT GRATIFICATION machine. Which I would say is not good at all.

The next logical question is, "So how can we recognize these 'turds in a game clothing'?"

The answer to that is to know the opinions of those who have been gaming for a long time and also to try and have a trial of the game before buying it.

A game which just provides cheap thrills is great at first , and hence popular, BUT trust me, nothing gets boring as fast as cheap thrills.

viper-kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 viper-kid

[QUOTE="viper-kid"]

C_Rule

Facts? Proving what? All sales determine is how popular the game is. How many times do you need to be told that there's more to quality than popularity.

If Great wall sell more vehicles than Maserati, does that automatically mean Great Wall are of higher quality?

Honestly, your logic is so flawed... Just how stupid can you get.

There is a reason cod is popular? think about it. Just remember you guys are in the minority. nuff said

Another-World

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 Another-World

[QUOTE="C_Rule"]

[QUOTE="viper-kid"]

viper-kid

Facts? Proving what? All sales determine is how popular the game is. How many times do you need to be told that there's more to quality than popularity.

If Great wall sell more vehicles than Maserati, does that automatically mean Great Wall are of higher quality?

There is a reason cod is popular? think about it. Just remember you guys are in the minority. nuff said

cod is popular because of the same exact reason justin beiber, lady gaga, and the twilight series is. For more, read post above yours.

viper-kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 viper-kid

1. Either entertain at a very meagre cost to the user's mental effort, awarding them for little strain, or depict scenarios that are fantasized by many, thus providing instant gratification.

2. They are easy to get into, i.e. the system cuts the user some slack in the beginning (or throughout), and lets him experience desired outcomes without over-burdening him with perfecting the game mechanics at first. hence first timers are not intimidated or put-off by the strangeness, and are instead welcomed by an awarding experience, which draws him into the game and once comforted, motivates him to become better at the game and learn more complex mechanics/perfect them.

Another-World

Remember just cause something is harder doesn't mean its better. Cod is still better easier or harder.

viper-kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 viper-kid

[QUOTE="viper-kid"]

[QUOTE="C_Rule"]

Another-World

cod is popular because of the same exact reason justin beiber, lady gaga, and the twilight series is. For more, read post above yours.

So how did it get popular it because to me popular=better. So by you logic was michael jackson crap because he was popular? think before you speak.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

[QUOTE="viper-kid"]

C_Rule

Dude I wouldn't waste my time, some people's minds are just not up to scratch

Another-World

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 Another-World

[QUOTE="Another-World"]

viper-kid

Remember just cause something is harder doesn't mean its better. Cod is still better easier or harder.

Yeah, and I never said harder games are better. What I did say that games that wallow in the limited possibilities they present at the start and do not improve upon them or introduce new things are bad.
viper-kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 viper-kid

[QUOTE="C_Rule"]

[QUOTE="viper-kid"]

seanmcloughlin

Dude I wouldn't waste my time, some people's minds are just not up to scratch

52 million agree with me unlike your 9 million. nuff said

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="Another-World"]

[QUOTE="viper-kid"] There is a reason cod is popular? think about it. Just remember you guys are in the minority. nuff said

viper-kid

So how did it get popular it because to me popular=better. So by you logic was michael jackson crap because he was popular? think before you speak.

One of the best games ever is Shadow of the Colossus. Everyone thinks so and to be honest it didn't sell all that well, compared to its reviews. So no sales are NOT the sign of a good game. Most people get the latest cod to have the newest version of the MP because all their friends upgraded to it.

viper-kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 viper-kid

[QUOTE="viper-kid"]

[QUOTE="Another-World"]

Another-World

Yeah, and I never said harder games are better. What I did say that games that wallow in the limited possibilities they present at the start and do not improve upon them or introduce new things are bad.

So whats that in bold? you made it seem as easy=inferior

viper-kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 viper-kid

[QUOTE="viper-kid"]

[QUOTE="Another-World"] cod is popular because of the same exact reason justin beiber, lady gaga, and the twilight series is. For more, read post above yours.

seanmcloughlin

One of the best games ever is Shadow of the Colossus. Everyone thinks so and to be honest it didn't sell all that well, compared to its reviews. So no sales are NOT the sign of a good game. Most people get the latest cod to have the newest version of the MP because all their friends upgraded to it.

Answer the michael jackson question. Don't jump the hurdle

Also keep in mind most don't use forum so those people who fond SOC good were in the minority.

Another-World

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 Another-World

[QUOTE="Another-World"]

[QUOTE="viper-kid"] There is a reason cod is popular? think about it. Just remember you guys are in the minority. nuff said

viper-kid

Actually, unlike you, I do think before I speak. I think I suggested you to read my post. If you had done that then your question about "popular games can be good" would have been answered and you would not have spewed nonsense, or at least would have expressed what you thought flaws in my argument in that post. To answer the MJ question, no I do not think MJ was crap. I also do not think beatles was crap, and nor was nirvana. However lady gaga is crap, and so is JB.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="viper-kid"] So how did it get popular it because to me popular=better. So by you logic was michael jackson crap because he was popular? think before you speak.

viper-kid

Music is a completely different medium that adheres to very different logistics. More people like music than they like games. Stick to video games in the discussion please

viper-kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 viper-kid

[QUOTE="viper-kid"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

Music is a completely different medium that adheres to very different logistics. More people like music than they like games. Stick to video games in the discussion please

haha burn baby burn

Also keep in mind most don't use forum so those people who fond SOC good were in the minority.

viper-kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 viper-kid
[QUOTE="viper-kid"]

[QUOTE="Another-World"] cod is popular because of the same exact reason justin beiber, lady gaga, and the twilight series is. For more, read post above yours.

Another-World

Actually, unlike you, I do think before I speak. I think I suggested you to read my post. If you had done that then your question about "popular games can be good" would have been answered and you would not have spewed nonsense, or at least would have expressed what you thought flaws in my argument in that post. To answer the MJ question, no I do not think MJ was crap. I also do not think beatles was crap, and nor was nirvana. However lady gaga is crap, and so is JB.

So double standards? well done
Another-World

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 Another-World

[QUOTE="Another-World"][QUOTE="viper-kid"]

viper-kid

So whats that in bold? you made it seem as easy=inferior

HOW in the bloody hell does saying that something is easy to get into make it inferior??? Read the whole post again before making wild arguments. I actually say that these points are not bad at all, if not milked.