MS responds to PS Classic with a salty tweet. Immediately backfires [Update: US Twitter Clarification]

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Xabiss said:

Funny the person that can't hardly even form a complete sentence is spouting off about a poorly worded tweet. Oh the irony!

Yet i know that their message was completely misleading,funny how someone who native language is English some how doesn't see it.

Oh wait you are a lemming which mentally block you from seeing anything bad MS does.

@sealionact said:

@BenjaminBanklin: If ms hadn't been tweeting about BC before, then you might have a point, but they have so you don't.

Did MS acted this way when Nintendo release the nes or snes mini?

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

LOL thread about a backfire backfires.

Poor @BenjaminBanklin

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11101 Posts
@tormentos said:
@Xabiss said:

Because god forbid Microsoft advertise anything right. ROFLMAO! Good lord you fanboys are just idiots beyond belief anymore. I just feel sorry for you!

And such a great advertisement not once they mention backward compatibility and claim 500 games are free..lol

Kind of remind me of this..lol

I remember that garbage. Microsoft lies so much you may as well put them in the White House.

Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Steppy_76
Member since 2005 • 2857 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:

You heard it here, folks. Xbox is giving away 500+ games completely free now. Wait, what? You mean you have to buy the games first? Then whatever do they mean?!?!

I would think it means that you can play the games you have already purchased without repurchasing them(provided they are on the BC list), instead of having to purchase a "mini" system to do so.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22377 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin: It must be a hard life when you can't stop thinking about a certain thing 24/7... Must drive you crazy.

Probably should seek professional help.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 tormentos

@Steppy_76 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

You heard it here, folks. Xbox is giving away 500+ games completely free now. Wait, what? You mean you have to buy the games first? Then whatever do they mean?!?!

I would think it means that you can play the games you have already purchased without repurchasing them(provided they are on the BC list), instead of having to purchase a "mini" system to do so.

It doesn't matter what you think,only matter what the words CLAIM openly.

People who know about this like you and me know what it is about,but people that don't make go a buy an xbox because they think they can play 500 games free,never was the word backward compatibility was mention at all.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#107 Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@scatteh316 said:

Where's the backfire to the tweet?

The fact that they claim you can play the games free. But that's not really true. They have to be purchased/acquired still.

pretty sure it means "without buying another device".

You know... how Bloodborne is no longer exclusive for people willing to use PS NOW.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 BenjaminBanklin
@RR360DD said:

LOL thread about a backfire backfires.

Poor @BenjaminBanklin

I didn't make the tweet. Tell Spencer and company to stop posting on Twitter with a shirt full of wet tears over anything Sony does and they'll get raked over the coals less.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@tormentos said:
@Xabiss said:

Funny the person that can't hardly even form a complete sentence is spouting off about a poorly worded tweet. Oh the irony!

Yet i know that their message was completely misleading,funny how someone who native language is English some how doesn't see it.

Oh wait you are a lemming which mentally block you from seeing anything bad MS does.

@sealionact said:

@BenjaminBanklin: If ms hadn't been tweeting about BC before, then you might have a point, but they have so you don't.

Did MS acted this way when Nintendo release the nes or snes mini?

I said poorly worded tweet which means I understood it completely idiot. Not a lemming or a fanboy like yourself and no matter how many times you call me that does not make it so.

So keep crying!

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 BenjaminBanklin
@hrt_rulz01 said:

@BenjaminBanklin: It must be a hard life when you can't stop thinking about a certain thing 24/7... Must drive you crazy.

Probably should seek professional help.

Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Steppy_76
Member since 2005 • 2857 Posts

@tormentos said:
@Steppy_76 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

It doesn't matter what you think,only matter what the words CLAIM openly.

People who know about this like you and me know what it is about,but people that don't make go a buy an xbox because they think they can play 500 games free,never was the word backward compatibility was mention at all.

I agree it's a poorly worded tweet, but the TC asked "whatever could they mean?". I can't forgo my knowledge of a topic when responding. If he asked "what will the public think" then I may have agreed with him a little bit.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@tormentos said:
@Xabiss said:

Because god forbid Microsoft advertise anything right. ROFLMAO! Good lord you fanboys are just idiots beyond belief anymore. I just feel sorry for you!

And such a great advertisement not once they mention backward compatibility and claim 500 games are free..lol

Kind of remind me of this..lol

@cainetao11 said:

How about the same way they did with the 80 gig PS3? They got PS2 games running and for sale on the PS store for PS4. Are you saying they cant for PS1?

Oh i know the PS3 ran PS2 and PS1 games,but the PS3 was design that way,it was design to play PS2 games which included CD and DVD games,it was able to play PS1 games as well by that point by emulation without problems.

The PS4 can't play ps1 is a physical impossibility.

@BenjaminBanklin said:

PS4 doesn't support CDs.

Hahahahaaa ding ding ding ding...Hahahahaha

Lemmings are making a show of of this and claiming sony is forcing people to pay again,when in reality the PS4 doesn't support cds unlike the PS3..lol

@cainetao11 said:

PS4 also doesn't support PS2 discs but PS2 games are being sold on the PS4. Do the same thing. Show me where I said they had to run from disc. All the disc is used for with X1 is identification. The game is downloaded from the store.

The PS4 support DVD i watch dvd movies on my PS4,the PS4 doesn't physically recognise cds period,is not the same.

How the hell will it be backward compatible if you can't play the disc? WTF man then that is not backward compatibility that is a game rewrite to work on xbox,if you can't insert a xbox 360 game on xbox one and can play it without downloading it first what the fu** is that shit,i didn't know that so basically any one who doesn't have internet is fu** and can't play backward compatible games,why do you think there was such a backlash for MS requiring online?

No wonder it work with so little games,what you download is a digital version made to work on xbox one rather than play your game period.

@Bread_or_Decide said:

If you already own the game, then there's no barrier to entry. Only an idiot thinks its free.

Please highly where the fu** MS say that,since what they claimed is that you could play them free period,no buts no nothing no mention whatsoever of BC.

Come on. We're making fun of them for a mistake. Nobody believes it's free.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

I can't believe cows are bragging that the PS4 doesn't support fucking CD's

LOL

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By tormentos

@Xabiss said:

I said poorly worded tweet which means I understood it completely idiot. Not a lemming or a fanboy like yourself and no matter how many times you call me that does not make it so.

So keep crying!

Dude what make you a lemming is what you do here.

1- You are super quick to attack cows never lemmings.

2-You are Ultra fast to damage control anything bad about MS but you are not like that with sony.

3-When something bad about the PS or sony is say you quickly join the anti sony mob.

No i am a cow i don't deny it or want look stupid such as yourself denying it.

Their comment was misleading.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 hrt_rulz01

@BenjaminBanklin: Lol, you think I'm mad? I feel sorry for you. Hope you get help soon.

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 ocinom
Member since 2008 • 1385 Posts

The saltiness of all the triggered xboys. Must be the lack of good exclusives. LOL

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Xabiss

@tormentos said:
@Xabiss said:

So keep crying!

2-You are Ultra fast to damage control anything bad about MS but you are not like that with sony.

3-When something bad about the PS or sony is say you quickly join the anti sony mob.

Sorry you say I don't defend Sony and I just did today:

It seems I defend Microsoft more then Sony/Nintendo because their is actually more post and more hateful post towards Microsoft then anyone else. Those are just facts jack.

Also I never attack cows. I attack any rabid fanboys period. It is okay to pick a side, but when you are anti anyone else for sake of being anti and you spread hate. You can pretty much go **** yourself to be honest. That is what most cows do on this forum period.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#119 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44570 Posts

No backfire, TC's follow up excuse is a stretch of purposefully misinterpretation. Really though one can compare for themselves here, hundreds of BC games available, digital purchases bought on Xbox 360 carry over to XB1 for free. Rights retention really says a lot to me, one reason I really dislike Nintendo ATM, and Sony is following in their tracks. I'd of loved to have seen Sony do what MS did since they have a stronger library of titles from early generations, they built the best BC catalog on PS3's digital retail, instead of building off that they are instead regressing to a shitty fad thing with a retro system.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
@hrt_rulz01 said:

@BenjaminBanklin: Lol, you think I'm mad? I feel sorry for you. Hope you get help soon.

Gets triggered over a game console, says other people need help. LOLOLOL!

I'm gonna help myself to roastin' Xbox when they deserve it.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 BenjaminBanklin
@Xabiss said:
@tormentos said:
@Xabiss said:

So keep crying!

It seems I defend Microsoft more then Sony/Nintendo because their is actually more post and more hateful post towards Microsoft then anyone else. Those are just facts jack.

Also I never attack cows. I attack any rabid fanboys period. It is okay to pick a side, but when you are anti anyone else for sake of being anti and you spread hate. You can pretty much go **** yourself to be honest. That is what most cows do on this forum period.

Anyone who acts all precious and fragile over a game console is a tire short of a garbage truck anyway. This... is... SYSTEM WARS!

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

i actually like this move by MS. it means they are trying and getting ambitious to take down sony.

Hope they take is srs now, their last "water cooler" attempt was a joke.

Will make SW more alive as well

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Xabiss

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Xabiss said:
@tormentos said:
@Xabiss said:

So keep crying!

Anyone who acts all precious and fragile over a game console is a tire short of a garbage truck anyway. This... is... SYSTEM WARS!

And you are pathetic. Enough said! I am a gamer that loves competition and understands the importance of it.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 BenjaminBanklin
@Xabiss said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Xabiss said:
@tormentos said:
@Xabiss said:

So keep crying!

And you are pathetic. Enough said! I am a gamer that loves competition and understands the importance of it.

Dry your eyes, lil' bambino. MS owned themselves today, all I do is spread the word, man.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#125 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@tormentos: Uh.....of course they did. MS are always tweeting, posting and advertising the plus points about having an Xbox, because....drumroll....they're advertising their product. You know, like Sony advertised about how you swap games the day after ms advertised how you do it on an Xbox?

Was that bad in your book too?

Sheesh, I know you guys think somehow Sony is going to give you a paycheck for all the crap you write, but this is really scraping the barrel.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 tormentos

@Xabiss said:

Please dude stop don't make me go and post tons of shit you post here against sony and cows 1 defence of sony means little even i have defend MS some times.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Yeah, this take the crown as the best backfired thread of the year

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#128 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

You know the ASA will close this right?

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 BenjaminBanklin
@MonsieurX said:

Yeah, this take the crown as the best backfired thread of the year

Noooope. Not with all these chafed asses. MS being salty to Sony on Twitter on a regular basis is too funny. These are grown men with chips on their shoulder because Sony made their jobs less relevant. Their hearts are aching just like their fanboys. But it's okay. Maybe next time Sony can announce a new controller too many and Xbox will start getting jealous about that too.

@Random_Matt said:

You know the ASA will close this right?

Who dat?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 deactivated-642321fb121ca

@BenjaminBanklin: Advertisement standards authority.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

Cows dont care about playing old games as theyve been telling us all gen, so none of them should be buying this, right?

Right Cows?

.......Cows????

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:

If you happen to own all those games, then it is free. Another Xbox hater getting Rekt! ?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 tormentos

@StrongDeadlift said:

Cows dont care about playing old games as theyve been telling us all gen, so none of them should be buying this, right?

Right Cows?

.......Cows????

Yeah like MS had BC on launch 2013..Hahahahaa

Please it was an afterthought after getting their ass kick,if they were as invested in making new games as they are in playing old ones,the xbox one would be a much better console and not a exclusive less money pit.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 tormentos

@sealionact said:

@tormentos: Uh.....of course they did. MS are always tweeting, posting and advertising the plus points about having an Xbox, because....drumroll....they're advertising their product. You know, like Sony advertised about how you swap games the day after ms advertised how you do it on an Xbox?

Was that bad in your book too?

Sheesh, I know you guys think somehow Sony is going to give you a paycheck for all the crap you write, but this is really scraping the barrel.

Oh you are confusing me with someone who care that MS take a *** a sony,the problem is that sony didn't lie about what they claimed on E3 2013,sharing a game was that easy,MS advertised 500 free games for xbox one when that is not really the case.

They made a misleading comment which didn't talk about BC in any place.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 deactivated-642321fb121ca

@xhawk27 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

If you happen to own all those games, then it is free. Another Xbox hater getting Rekt! ?

Doesn't say that though, not sure why people are dodging this. You would be calling them out if it was Sony.

RicanV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#137 RicanV  Moderator
Member since 2011 • 2624 Posts

@scatteh316 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@scatteh316 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@scatteh316 said:

Where's the backfire to the tweet?

The fact that they claim you can play the games free. But that's not really true. They have to be purchased/acquired still.

Then provide some examples in your OP.......don't just make a thread saying 'backfire' and then post nothing.

Read the tweet string. That should be easy enough.

Some people can't get on to Twitter because they're at work, college or on a machine that has Twitter blocked.......Dumbass.

This thread is a complete failure.

He posted this on a gaming website. I think it's fair to say that if your campus/office has access to a gaming website they don't have the strictest internet regulation policy.

The thread itself did not backfire. It actually points out a fantastically misleading campaign. That tweet assumes (or doesnt care) that everyone already understands how backwards compatibility works on their ecosystem. If you are in the market for a new console and see that tweet you can interpret it as just having to pay the entry price for the console and having access to over 500 classic titles with no additional purchasing requirement. There is no such thing as "free" if you already own something and already made a purchase to own that item.

As someone that has had to comb through tons of comments regarding "Free" PS+ monthly games I honestly can't believe the amount of slack Xbox is given for saying people will have access to over 500 games "totally free."

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

Made me chuckle lol

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

I saw no backfire. Sony BC is a joke.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Hey xbox why cant we play free to play games for free on your xbox one like everywhere else you smug pos tweeters

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

Hey xbox why cant we play free to play games for free on your xbox one like everywhere else you smug pos tweeters

How is this related to the thread and tweet?

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 BenjaminBanklin
@xhawk27 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

If you own all those games, you paid for 'em. Check yourself before you REK yourself.

@RicanV said:
@scatteh316 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@scatteh316 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Then provide some examples in your OP.......don't just make a thread saying 'backfire' and then post nothing.

Read the tweet string. That should be easy enough.

Some people can't get on to Twitter because they're at work, college or on a machine that has Twitter blocked.......Dumbass.

This thread is a complete failure.

He posted this on a gaming website. I think it's fair to say that if your campus/office has access to a gaming website they don't have the strictest internet regulation policy.

The thread itself did not backfire. It actually points out a fantastically misleading campaign. That tweet assumes (or doesnt care) that everyone already understands how backwards compatibility works on their ecosystem. If you are in the market for a new console and see that tweet you can interpret it as just having to pay the entry price for the console and having access to over 500 classic titles with no additional purchasing requirement. There is no such thing as "free" if you already own something and already made a purchase to own that item.

As someone that has had to comb through tons of comments regarding "Free" PS+ monthly games I honestly can't believe the amount of slack Xbox is given for saying people will have access to over 500 games "totally free."

Thank you! The tweet was a tad disingenuous and I (and a good chunk of the internet) pointed out the holes in the statement. But of course, on cue, people threw molotovs and attempted to burn the thread instead of confronting it. Per usual. If I can't introduce a topic like this in System Wars, where else can I? Skin is thin when it comes to turnabout 'round here.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 hrt_rulz01

@cainetao11 said:
@SecretPolice said:

The ocean called, it wants it's Salt back

Bovine backfires are the best...lol

Thank you MS, for the gamers... Jazz. :P

“When we've dabbled with backwards compatibility, I can say it is one of those features that is much requested, but not actually used much. That, and I was at a Gran Turismo event recently where they had PSone, PS2, PS3, and PS4 games, and the PSone and the PS2 games, they looked ancient, like why would anybody play this?” - Jim Ryan, Sony exec

LMAO But its different if you can charge for them again. My OG Xbox and 360 games on X1 are free because I already own the discs. Just pop 'em in and download. Thank you Microsoft and God bless the United States.

LMAO! Nailed it. Only cows could defend this sh*t...

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#144 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

Looks like someone is upset his favorite gaming company is trying to get him to shell out a hundred bucks to play twenty year old games on a controller with no thumbsticks.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#145 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61491 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin You tried mate, but you didn't succeed.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#146 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts
@zaryia said:

BC is only a pro. Not a con.

Just as PC.

Nintendo: Instead of allowing you to transfer the games you've bought at least a half dozen times by now, we're going to charge you for an online service where games will rotate in and out and you'll lose all your save data if you don't check in once a week. Oh, and you can use local saves, but the amount of storage we include is miniscule.

Microsoft: We'll allow you to play the games you've already bought (if they're part of our specific catalogue of compatible games), but we're still going to charge you for online play and our console is still an overpriced PC with one tenth the functionality.

Sony: We won't make games backwards compatible because "there's no interest," but we will charge you $100 for a three generations old piece of hardware that will only run twenty games and has no thumbsticks on the controller.

PC: You can buy literally hundreds of games from every era going back to Pong, you can transfer them to a new machine if you buy one, online is free, cloud saves are free, storage is massively inexpensive, you don't need to check in, and you can use whatever control inputs you want.

Consoles are really doing a good job of making a sales pitch for PC lately.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#147 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Can't blame them for flaunting this great feature. With the recent massive surge in MW2 sales after it became BC, I hope they continue getting the message that this service is appreciated and will hence remain strongly supported in the future, unlike what happened with the 360.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 BenjaminBanklin
@theone86 said:

Looks like someone is upset his favorite gaming company is trying to get him to shell out a hundred bucks to play twenty year old games on a controller with no thumbsticks.

I ain't buying it. I got several ways to play PS1 games without having to pay Sony a dime. It's just funny to see MS get their butts puckered over it, like they couldn't do something similar in the future. Admittedly the first Xbox probably doesn't have the nostalgia level of Sony and Nintendo's old consoles outside of Halo though.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#149 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61491 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:

I ain't buying it. I got several ways to play PS1 games without having to pay Sony a dime. It's just funny to see MS get their butts puckered over it, like they couldn't do something similar in the future. Admittedly the first Xbox probably doesn't have the nostalgia level of Sony and Nintendo's old consoles outside of Halo though.

At this moment, this exact moment in time, MS has BC. Puckered? It's counter-marketing, and Jesus Christ it's pretty effective lol.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 BenjaminBanklin
@lundy86_4 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

At this moment, this exact moment in time, MS has BC. Puckered? It's counter-marketing, and Jesus Christ it's pretty effective lol.

So effective they're on their way to last place this gen. LOLZ!