MS new "apple'esque" commercial

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151 ohthemanatee
Member since 2010 • 8104 Posts

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]"After laughing at the prospect of purchasing a Kinect for research, in so doing, Professor Nikolaos Papanikolopoulos has saved researchers more than $100,000,The Minnesota Dailyreports. Several Kinect devices are being used as a video monitoring system to keep an eye on children playing with toys as part of a collaboration to diagnose mental disorders such as OCD and ADD. Data from the cameras is tweaked and then given to doctors."

Oh man the future is now! :roll:

Vaasman

oh noes a hundred thousand dollars has been saved D:

quick, we can't have that

Fun fact, if you pay any doctor anywhere in the world the right amount of money, they will say anything. What they've done is cut out an excessively expensive monitoring system to use the kinect. If that was all they wanted to use it for, they could save even more money by buying a freaking webcam. The kinect in that example wasn't even used for anything that involves movement.

Teh future!

If kinect were actually being used in advanced medical procedures or to do something that wasn't possible in medicine with a plain old mouse and keyboard, I might be more excited and impressed.

so now we're going with the bribery defense? really?

oh wait, here's my version *puts tin foil hat on*

Fun Fact: Sony hires people to register in videogame forums and bad mouth it's competition

*take tin foil hat off*

there how did I do?

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]

ohthemanatee

Fun fact, if you pay any doctor anywhere in the world the right amount of money, they will say anything. What they've done is cut out an excessively expensive monitoring system to use the kinect. If that was all they wanted to use it for, they could save even more money by buying a freaking webcam. The kinect in that example wasn't even used for anything that involves movement.

Teh future!

If kinect were actually being used in advanced medical procedures or to do something that wasn't possible in medicine with a plain old mouse and keyboard, I might be more excited and impressed.

idk, so.... CONSPIRACY!

btw. lol at the part i bolded since the entire point is to keep the area sterile and not have the doctor contaminate the area by touching things.

ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 ohthemanatee

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]

Riverwolf007

Weren't you guys laughing when Sony called the PS3 a supercomputer? Well many labs have saved thousands of dollars (a Cell BE server for processing costs around $10000 and $15000) using $500 dollar gaming machines.

lol, so i'm guessing those labs were shut down when sony removed other os which is what allowed ps3s to be networked that way?

something of the sort

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 Riverwolf007

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] Weren't you guys laughing when Sony called the PS3 a supercomputer? Well many labs have saved thousands of dollars (a Cell BE server for processing costs around $10000 and $15000) using $500 dollar gaming machines. ohthemanatee

lol, so i'm guessing those labs were shut down when sony removed other os which is what allowed ps3s to be networked that way?

something of the sort

the air force wanted a ps3 cluster, what they ended up with was a ps3 cluster ****.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#155 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15584 Posts

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]Fun fact, if you pay any doctor anywhere in the world the right amount of money, they will say anything. What they've done is cut out an excessively expensive monitoring system to use the kinect. If that was all they wanted to use it for, they could save even more money by buying a freaking webcam. The kinect in that example wasn't even used for anything that involves movement.

Teh future!

Riverwolf007

idk, so.... CONSPIRACY!

btw. lol at the part i bolded since the entire point is to keep the area sterile and not have the doctor contaminate the area by touching things.

You need the area to be sterile to diagnose ADD and OCD in children playing with toys over a camera? What?

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]

Riverwolf007

Weren't you guys laughing when Sony called the PS3 a supercomputer? Well many labs have saved thousands of dollars (a Cell BE server for processing costs around $10000 and $15000) using $500 dollar gaming machines.

No actually they just don't upgrade the firmware. Is that really so difficult to understand? :|
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Riverwolf007

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]

Vaasman

idk, so.... CONSPIRACY!

You need the area to be sterile to diagnose ADD and OCD in children playing with toys over a camera? What?

my bad i thought you were talking about the surgery one.

in the other case they are using it to track movement between the play areas and are using a pc and a kinect to replace someone sitting there and doing it manually.

still pretty sweet if you ask me.

lol, then again i guess now it will be a case of "i'm a research assistant and 360 took ur jerbs!!!!"

i mean it is always something right?

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Riverwolf007

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] Weren't you guys laughing when Sony called the PS3 a supercomputer? Well many labs have saved thousands of dollars (a Cell BE server for processing costs around $10000 and $15000) using $500 dollar gaming machines. kuraimen

No actually they just don't upgrade the firmware. Is that really so difficult to understand? :|

they probably just scrapped the program. this is from manatees link.

"We will have to continue to use the systems we already have in hand," the lab said, before adding, "This will make it difficult to replace systems that break or fail. The refurbished PS3s also have the problem that when they come back from Sony, they have the firmware (gameOS) and it will not allow Other OS, which seems wrong. We are aware of class-action lawsuits against Sony for taking away this option on systems that use to have it.

ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 ShadowriverUB
Member since 2009 • 5515 Posts

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]lol, so i'm guessing those labs were shut down when sony removed other os which is what allowed ps3s to be networked that way?

Riverwolf007

something of the sort

the air force wanted a ps3 cluster, what they ended up with was a ps3 cluster ****.

No body forced them to update firmware. Guys, if somebody used PS3 for other os only there no point of updateing PS3 firmware to version that removed other OS, they are not stupid to do so.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Riverwolf007

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]

something of the sort

ShadowriverUB

No body forced them to update firmware. Guys, if somebody used PS3 for other os only there no point of updateing PS3 firmware to version that removed other OS, they are not stupid to do so.

as soon as one breaks it is useless to them.

if it goes back to the factory it gets replaced or firmware upgraded.

if you are the military you don't play around with uncertainties you just start over with a different way to do the same job that is reliable.

ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 ShadowriverUB

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]lol, so i'm guessing those labs were shut down when sony removed other os which is what allowed ps3s to be networked that way?

Riverwolf007

"We will have to continue to use the systems we already have in hand," the lab said, before adding, "This will make it difficult to replace systems that break or fail. The refurbished PS3s also have the problem that when they come back from Sony, they have the firmware (gameOS) and it will not allow Other OS, which seems wrong. We are aware of ****action lawsuits against Sony for taking away this option on systems that use to have it.

This does not sound like "scrapped the program"

-Jashan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 -Jashan-
Member since 2007 • 401 Posts

[QUOTE="ConsoleCounsla_"][QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]Just admit you were proven wrong.WilliamRLBaker

nasa can use it for all i care, but what matters is the games, and they are pretty much nothing.

lol the kinect could be 5k times more accurate then a controller and have amazing games and you would still put it down please dont like act like your an unbiased gamer in it for the games.

you're pretty biased yourself guy...
lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4867 Posts

[QUOTE="lhughey"]

You guys sure are short sighted and generally afraid of any piece of technology that pushes the boundaries and the status quo. I would think I was on an AARP sight if I didn't know better. The great thing about Kinect is that you are basically limited by your imagination. The second SDK was released about a week ago (or at least I downloaded it a week ago). You can code in C++ or C# and the SDK comes with a ton of examples. Early next year, M$ will be releasing a commercial SDK so that developers can sell games and applications using Kinect. I feel confident in saying that Kinect is going to a game changer when its all said and done.

Heck, I don't know why I'm wasting my time talking to you. Afterall, you're the guys who think the Kinect is the same as the eye toy :)

kuraimen

Never did I say that Kinect is the same as the EyeToy. Only that the supposed revolutionary things shown here that were done with Kinect can basically be done with an EyeToy.

That's where you're wrong. It CANT be done on many other cameras without a LOT of work. The power of Kinect is not just the camera, but its the other parts AND the software that access it. If you duplicate the Kinect's ability so easy, why don't you.

Why don't you create a simple application that only returns the distance you are standing from the camera. That should be pretty easy with they eye toy or any other camera, right? The fact is that you cant' even track depth with the eye toy. Its only a 2d device. And even if it could, you couldn't access it because its a closed device. Getting the depth of a person using Kinect is just a few lines of code.

So, there are a lot of differences in the power of the software of Kinect and other camera systems (eye toy, LOL). But there are also many hardware differences. Kinect has an IR sensor that is pretty good. It can also track depth of objects (including small objects, such as fingertips). It can recognize 28 body parts on a body.

Heres another task for you to duplicate on Eye toy or any other camera device. Have 4 people stand at the camera and walk 10 feet away from the camera. Person 1 should be at an angle of 60 degrees left of the camera's centerpoint. Person 2 should be 30 degrees left of the center. Person 3 should be 30 degrees right of the center and person 4 should be 60 degrees right of the center of the camera. Since the depth and angle should be measured by sound, each person should say the word "hello" at the same time. The program should return a true if you are all standing within 1 feet of the requested depth and within 10 degrees of the requested angle.

Can you accomplish this with the eye toy or any other camera that you know of? The answer is surely "no". I don't know of another cameras that 4 microphones. And even if I there was another one, you probably could not easily code against it.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Riverwolf007

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] No actually they just don't upgrade the firmware. Is that really so difficult to understand? :|ShadowriverUB

"We will have to continue to use the systems we already have in hand," the lab said, before adding, "This will make it difficult to replace systems that break or fail. The refurbished PS3s also have the problem that when they come back from Sony, they have the firmware (gameOS) and it will not allow Other OS, which seems wrong. We are aware of ****action lawsuits against Sony for taking away this option on systems that use to have it.

This does not sound like "scrapped the program"

maybe it is still going strong, we have not heard anything about it in years now, but common sense would imply you get rid of them all and start over as opposed to putting your life in the hands of an unreliable defense system that you don't know will be operating or not in a year or two.

right? is that far fetched of me to say?or does it sound plausible?

the story itself said they were unfixable.

shinrabanshou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 shinrabanshou
Member since 2009 • 8458 Posts

Um..Bomb disposal? Yeah right.heretrix
I loled at that. And the bizarre instrument thing.

But it does have lots of potential for application outside of gaming. It just has incredibly limited potential (at present at least) inside gaming.

I don't know why everyone is so impressed with it being utilised to scroll though. :?

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]Oh really can the Kinectimals understand what I say to them in natural language? Well that must be the most incredible breakthrough in science since Einstein's relativity theory or something since they just solved all the problematics of mechanizing sintax, semantics and pragmatics of the natural language in a kids game. Pretty impressive.ohthemanatee

actually yes, the kinectimals do understand basic words and commands act accordingly

Natural language processing is a very different beast from understanding basic words and commands.

ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 ohthemanatee

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"][QUOTE="kuraimen"]Oh really can the Kinectimals understand what I say to them in natural language? Well that must be the most incredible breakthrough in science since Einstein's relativity theory or something since they just solved all the problematics of mechanizing sintax, semantics and pragmatics of the natural language in a kids game. Pretty impressive.shinrabanshou

actually yes, the kinectimals do understand basic words and commands act accordingly

Natural language processing is a very different beast from understanding basic words and commands.

i'm just saying, that's where the milo tech went

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 kuraimen

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]lol, so i'm guessing those labs were shut down when sony removed other os which is what allowed ps3s to be networked that way?

Riverwolf007

"We will have to continue to use the systems we already have in hand," the lab said, before adding, "This will make it difficult to replace systems that break or fail. The refurbished PS3s also have the problem that when they come back from Sony, they have the firmware (gameOS) and it will not allow Other OS, which seems wrong. We are aware of class-action lawsuits against Sony for taking away this option on systems that use to have it.

Scrapped the program? they just put it in motion on march http://hothardware.com/News/New-PS3-Condor-Supercomputer-Now-Fully-Online/ They can use a custom firmware to even allow OtherOS on slim PS3s. I'm pretty sure the Airforce will have the capacity for that.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 kuraimen

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="lhughey"]

You guys sure are short sighted and generally afraid of any piece of technology that pushes the boundaries and the status quo. I would think I was on an AARP sight if I didn't know better. The great thing about Kinect is that you are basically limited by your imagination. The second SDK was released about a week ago (or at least I downloaded it a week ago). You can code in C++ or C# and the SDK comes with a ton of examples. Early next year, M$ will be releasing a commercial SDK so that developers can sell games and applications using Kinect. I feel confident in saying that Kinect is going to a game changer when its all said and done.

Heck, I don't know why I'm wasting my time talking to you. Afterall, you're the guys who think the Kinect is the same as the eye toy :)

lhughey

Never did I say that Kinect is the same as the EyeToy. Only that the supposed revolutionary things shown here that were done with Kinect can basically be done with an EyeToy.

That's where you're wrong. It CANT be done on many other cameras without a LOT of work. The power of Kinect is not just the camera, but its the other parts AND the software that access it. If you duplicate the Kinect's ability so easy, why don't you.

Why don't you create a simple application that only returns the distance you are standing from the camera. That should be pretty easy with they eye toy or any other camera, right? The fact is that you cant' even track depth with the eye toy. Its only a 2d device. And even if it could, you couldn't access it because its a closed device. Getting the depth of a person using Kinect is just a few lines of code.

So, there are a lot of differences in the power of the software of Kinect and other camera systems (eye toy, LOL). But there are also many hardware differences. Kinect has an IR sensor that is pretty good. It can also track depth of objects (including small objects, such as fingertips). It can recognize 28 body parts on a body.

Heres another task for you to duplicate on Eye toy or any other camera device. Have 4 people stand at the camera and walk 10 feet away from the camera. Person 1 should be at an angle of 60 degrees left of the camera's centerpoint. Person 2 should be 30 degrees left of the center. Person 3 should be 30 degrees right of the center and person 4 should be 60 degrees right of the center of the camera. Since the depth and angle should be measured by sound, each person should say the word "hello" at the same time. The program should return a true if you are all standing within 1 feet of the requested depth and within 10 degrees of the requested angle.

Can you accomplish this with the eye toy or any other camera that you know of? The answer is surely "no". I don't know of another cameras that 4 microphones. And even if I there was another one, you probably could not easily code against it.

A closed system? WTH are you talking about? do you even know what you're talking about. The PS Eye works as a camera it sends data to a PC. You can use that data for lots of things. Otherwise home developing like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-yR5ozxw4E) wouldn't be possible. Passing slides can still be done with something as simple as a PSEye so I don't see what's so impressive to use Kinect to do it.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
This entire thread is about a commercial? You all are running out of things to talk about.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Riverwolf007

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] No actually they just don't upgrade the firmware. Is that really so difficult to understand? :|kuraimen

Scrapped the program? they just put it in motion on march http://hothardware.com/News/New-PS3-Condor-Supercomputer-Now-Fully-Online/ They can use a custom firmware to even allow OtherOS on slim PS3s. I'm pretty sure the Airforce will have the capacity for that.

well in that case it is great news. congrats sony on being the force behind something that solves problems and helps people.

there.... see how easy that is?

ForzaGearsFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 ForzaGearsFace
Member since 2011 • 3724 Posts
I'm thinking it's just a matter of time before the ps eye does as the things kinect does but does it better than kinect
lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 lhughey
[QUOTE="lhughey"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] Never did I say that Kinect is the same as the EyeToy. Only that the supposed revolutionary things shown here that were done with Kinect can basically be done with an EyeToy. kuraimen

A closed system? WTH are you talking about? do you even know what you're talking about. The PS Eye works as a camera it sends data to a PC. You can use that data for lots of things. Otherwise home developing like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-yR5ozxw4E) wouldn't be possible. Passing slides can still be done with something as simple as a PSEye so I don't see what's so impressive to use Kinect to do it.

I can assure you that I know much more about what I'm talking about than do you. I wrote the statement above, not to ask what some guy making a thesis for his programming class can do. I want to know what YOU or an average developer can do with an eye toy. You know what, you can cheat and use Google. Can you point to any code for how you would determine the distance of a person using an eye toy?
ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 ShadowriverUB

I'm thinking it's just a matter of time before the ps eye does as the things kinect does but does it better than kinectForzaGearsFace

It can't pseye is just 60FPS camera with mic, kinect go also 3d sencing. With PSeye you can only do onscreen 2d motion detection, kinect sence room space 3d motion, but even so with few tricks PsEye can feel like it may feel like kinnect, which EyePet is example of, and Move makes it even better due fact tat Move can be detected in 3D space

ForzaGearsFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 ForzaGearsFace

[QUOTE="ForzaGearsFace"]I'm thinking it's just a matter of time before the ps eye does as the things kinect does but does it better than kinectShadowriverUB

It can't pseye is just 60FPS camera with mic, kinect go also 3d sencing. With PSeye you can only do onscreen 2d motion detection, kinect sence room space 3d motion, but even so with few tricks PsEye can feel like it may feel like kinnect, which EyePet is example of, and Move makes it even better due fact tat Move can be detected in 3D space

Thanks I was just going by kuirman who said the ps eye could do all the stuff that the kinect does
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#175 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
That is an incredible ad. It almost sold me on the Kinect. Did anyone else notice the conspicuous lack of Xbox branding?
ForzaGearsFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 ForzaGearsFace
[QUOTE="charizard1605"]That is an incredible ad. It almost sold me on the Kinect. Did anyone else notice the conspicuous lack of Xbox branding?

It's because it is a commercial for kinect pc, came out with the sdk2 announcement
lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 lhughey
[QUOTE="charizard1605"]That is an incredible ad. It almost sold me on the Kinect. Did anyone else notice the conspicuous lack of Xbox branding?

Win 8 will have native Kinect-ability. Win 7 will have an update that integrates Kinect. There's about to be a load of apps and games that run on Win8 and the next Xbox using with Kinect-ability.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#178 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
^ okay, I see, thanks. It's funny, but the Kinect may go on to become a major pillar of Microsoft's business, maybe even outside of gaming. Last year when everyone was predicting its immediate failure, who would've thought, huh?
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#179 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
Sorry Microsoft, but the people playing invisible piano/cello to a masterful degree is just silly. There is no way you could wave your hands around in the air and play an invisible instrument with that level of precision. Dont be silly.
lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 lhughey
^ okay, I see, thanks. It's funny, but the Kinect may go on to become a major pillar of Microsoft's business, maybe even outside of gaming. Last year when everyone was predicting its immediate failure, who would've thought, huh?charizard1605
Yeah, I agree. I see Kinect being huge. Developers have already shown M$ what the device and SDK can do. M$ has been smart and gotten out of their way. I'm currently trying to figure out a Kinect application to build that hasn't already been demoed. My creativity needs a kick in the pants...
The_Pacific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 The_Pacific
Member since 2011 • 1804 Posts
An almost 200 post thread over unrealistic Kinect capabilities ?? SW must be bored today.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 kuraimen

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="lhughey"]

lhughey

I can assure you that I know much more about what I'm talking about than do you. I wrote the statement above, not to ask what some guy making a thesis for his programming class can do. I want to know what YOU or an average developer can do with an eye toy. You know what, you can cheat and use Google. Can you point to any code for how you would determine the distance of a person using an eye toy?

You clearly don't know what you're talking about if you said the PSEye is a closed system. The PSEye is basically a slightly better webcam. Do you think webcams are closed systems? what did you mean by the PS Eye being a closed system. Explain yourself. I never talked about depth perception, I said the PS Eye can be used to pass slides using hand gestures too like Kinect uses it during surgery. That has nothing to do with depth perception.

sandbox3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 sandbox3d
Member since 2010 • 5166 Posts

So MS got a better team of designers on their marketing front. Good for them.

I want someone to make Kinect work with Zbrush NAOW! It would suck for fine detailing, but I think it would be nice for roughing in the major forms. Then Zbrush would be one step closer to defining digital clay. MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Peredith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Peredith
Member since 2011 • 2289 Posts

So iit, Xbox 360 gamers are doctors and bomb defusers? :lol: Why defend this crap? Xbox fanboys really are getting desperate.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 kuraimen

So iit, Xbox 360 gamers are doctors and bomb defusers? :lol: Why defend this crap? Xbox fanboys really are getting desperate.

Peredith
That's what happens when you don't have many exclusives to argue with :P
Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts
Kinect is a great stepping stone for more focuses motion tech to take over. Will Microsoft be the ones to bring something like this to comercial market or will they continue to pan the Kinect off as a "Good enough" solution. Playing around with it's capabillities is all well and good but the demand for a higher resolution peice of equipment with more horsepower will crawl it's way out of Kinect once it starts seeing more realistic world applications, last thing someone wants is there bomb defusing Kinectbot to get angry because the user sat down in a chair with a slightly similar shade of colour as his gloves.
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 LastRambo341
Member since 2010 • 8767 Posts

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"][QUOTE="Peredith"]

Xbox 360 gamers are doctors now? :lol:

ConsoleCounsla_

Just admit you were proven wrong.

nasa can use it for all i care, but what matters is the games, and they are pretty much nothing.

It has some good games

Cruxis27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#188 Cruxis27
Member since 2006 • 2057 Posts

Wow that was actually really cool.. Still wouldn't get one tho.. Yet.

gamer-adam1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 gamer-adam1
Member since 2008 • 4188 Posts

What about this guys? it usues Kinect
http://www.kinecthacks.com/kinect-ultimate-battlefield-3-simulator/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eg8Bh5iI2WY

ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 ohthemanatee

Peredith

yes, how dares microsoft create a product that has uses outside of gaming!

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
Bottom line is cows would eat up the kinect and love it on the ps3! ForzaGearsFace
no...just no :| i have a 360 and wouldnt buy kinect.. i hate gimmicks.. i hate gaming without buttons.
TheXFiles88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 TheXFiles88
Member since 2008 • 1040 Posts

[QUOTE="Peredith"]

kuraimen

That's what happens when you don't have many exclusives to argue with :P

Why cows are always butthurt about Kinect and I really don't know why? Shouldn't they be playing with the Sixasis or the Move. It seems like Kinect has gotton better use than either the Sixasis & Move combined that why cows are so desperate to trash talk it all the time :lol:

"HoloDesk - Direct 3D Interactions with a Situated See-Through Display"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JHL5tJ9ja_w

"Microsoft Turns Your Hand Into a Touchscreen"

http://nation.foxnews.com/microsoft/2011/10/20/microsoft-turns-your-hand-touchscreen

"Nokia Kinect concept offers unique flexible functionality"

http://www.product-reviews.net/2011/10/27/nokia-kinect-concept-offers-unique-flexible-functionality/

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 LastRambo341
[QUOTE="ForzaGearsFace"]Bottom line is cows would eat up the kinect and love it on the ps3! campzor
no...just no :| i have a 360 and wouldnt buy kinect.. i hate gimmicks.. i hate gaming without buttons.

"hate" is quite strong
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
[QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="ForzaGearsFace"]Bottom line is cows would eat up the kinect and love it on the ps3! LastRambo341

"hate" is quite strong

well i do...after playing with the eyetoy...smartphone and some wii games which force motion crap onto u..its clear to me that this new way of "input" isnt for me. I need a standard controller with BUTTONS or a keyboard/mouse
savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 savagetwinkie
Member since 2008 • 7981 Posts

Kinect is pretty much the reason why M$ isn't investing in games, why only invest in a small portion of a market when they've created something that everyone is now interested in? And probably will be introdueced to gaming by kinect,

IMO Micosoft did good with kinect, to all the haters, kinect is integration with games (partial where they still allow a control), multimedia integaration, and integration every where else, Its the biggest thing thats happened in the gaming world because EVERYONE is finding a use for it.

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 LastRambo341
[QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="campzor"] no...just no :| i have a 360 and wouldnt buy kinect.. i hate gimmicks.. i hate gaming without buttons.

"hate" is quite strong

well i do...after playing with the eyetoy...smartphone and some wii games which force motion crap onto u..its clear to me that this new way of "input" isnt for me. I need a standard controller with BUTTONS or a keyboard/mouse

"Need" isn't like needing water You've played the wrong games, buddy
TheXFiles88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 TheXFiles88
Member since 2008 • 1040 Posts

-->

[QUOTE="Moriarity_"]I wouldn't trust kinect with any sort of precision work. Maybe once the technology advances and becomes more accurate I would be ok with it but as it is now I would sue if my doctor tried to perform surgery using that thing.AcidSoldner

OK, the surgery use looks good. But ... what about the air instruments? Can it even track fingers? And why would you want to play air instrument instead of the real thing where you have tactile feedback ...

KiZZo1

Sorry Microsoft, but the people playing invisible piano/cello to a masterful degree is just silly. There is no way you could wave your hands around in the air and play an invisible instrument with that level of precision. Dont be silly.Ninja-Hippo

Kinect can track each individual fingers as this videos prove it all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yuqMQWYVnM&feature=fvsr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH-LONKeSeA&feature=related

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#198 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

ya the world will never be like that.
And how could they defile the pixies with a kinect commercial

TecmoGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 TecmoGirl
Member since 2007 • 3965 Posts

-->

TheXFiles88

Lovin the BMW gif sig you have -- very sleek and sexy.

Anyways, commercial is definitely 'applish'; I don't understand why people diss it as much as they do if it can do all of that.

KevinButlerVP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 KevinButlerVP
Member since 2010 • 2378 Posts
well at least Kinect is finding some uses, unfortunate 360 gamers mostly have games like Sesame Street to play lol