MS new "apple'esque" commercial

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#101 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15581 Posts

[QUOTE="arbitor365"]

does anyone here actually believe that the kinect is going to catch on in the medical industry as a standard device, that it will revolutionize robotics, or that it will be a suitable replacement for actual musical instruments.

ohthemanatee

so your argument is: never try to improve something?

How would kinect be an improvement over machines specifically designed for surgery, robots specifically designed for bomb disarming, or instruments specifically designed to be instruments?

ForzaGearsFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 ForzaGearsFace
Member since 2011 • 3724 Posts
[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] That's what "using it to perform surgeries" suggest. And in the add they show a sequence using it to defuse bombs which could be equivalent precision-wise to performing a surgery. Don't blame me, it's in that add. But in reality it is actually good to pass some slides WHILE performing surgery or while eating cheetos I don't know.kuraimen

so in other words you're angry because you misinterpreted a post and you're angry because the kinect can be useful in difusing bombs?

First of all I'm not angrey. And second why put the phrase "using it to perform surgeries" is used? because THAT would be impressive. But putting "Kinect is being used to pass some slides while doing a surgery" is not so impressive. Just setting things straight for people who easily fall for this kind of ridiculous exaggerations.

Yet no one will do these type of things with the move or with the impressive pseye
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]

actually yes, the kinectimals do understand basic words and commands act accordingly

ohthemanatee

Understanding basic words has been done by software programs since like the 80s. Understanding natural language is a much different animal. And that's what MS' smoke and mirrors show promised.

and playing videogames has been done by consoles since the 70's why do we need a PS3 again?

The point is that Kinect is not doing anything revolutionary like people claim, it is doing what old tech did way before it. We've been hearing about how revolutionary this is from lems since Natal's E3. And we haven't seen anything close to what they promised.
ForzaGearsFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 ForzaGearsFace

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]

[QUOTE="arbitor365"]

does anyone here actually believe that the kinect is going to catch on in the medical industry as a standard device, that it will revolutionize robotics, or that it will be a suitable replacement for actual musical instruments.

Vaasman

How would kinect be an improvement over machines specifically designed for surgery, robots specifically designed for bomb disarming, or instruments specifically designed to be instruments?

It is used in addition too, do people really think kinect can perform surgeries, defuse bombs, it is a very good tech and it is being used in many different ways.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 kuraimen

so in other words you're angry because you misinterpreted a post and you're angry because the kinect can be useful in difusing bombs?

ForzaGearsFace

First of all I'm not angrey. And second why put the phrase "using it to perform surgeries" is used? because THAT would be impressive. But putting "Kinect is being used to pass some slides while doing a surgery" is not so impressive. Just setting things straight for people who easily fall for this kind of ridiculous exaggerations.

Yet no one will do these type of things with the move or with the impressive pseye

You mean passing slides? lol that is probably a side effect of all the things that have been done with the PS Eye.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] That's what "using it to perform surgeries" suggest. And in the add they show a sequence using it to defuse bombs which could be equivalent precision-wise to performing a surgery. Don't blame me, it's in that add. But in reality it is actually good to pass some slides WHILE performing surgery or while eating cheetos I don't know.kuraimen

actually what i said was, "live (xbl? lol) surgeries are already being performed with kinect."

if you can't quote it correctly i would suggest to not do it at all.

and once again i have to ask. does something require it to get blood on it to be considered used during a surgery?

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 kuraimen
[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]

ForzaGearsFace

It is used in addition too, do people really think kinect can perform surgeries, defuse bombs, it is a very good tech and it is being used in many different ways.

Well MS add is telling me it can be used to defuse bombs so where is it? or is Kinect only good for nice ads that show people difusing bombs? they should clarify that.
ForzaGearsFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 ForzaGearsFace
[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] Understanding basic words has been done by software programs since like the 80s. Understanding natural language is a much different animal. And that's what MS' smoke and mirrors show promised.kuraimen

and playing videogames has been done by consoles since the 70's why do we need a PS3 again?

The point is that Kinect is not doing anything revolutionary like people claim, it is doing what old tech did way before it. We've been hearing about how revolutionary this is from lems since Natal's E3. And we haven't seen anything close to what they promised.

Yet the term NUI is now on the map for kinect and a fully functional dashboard using kinect to navigate everything in it has been done where else? Thanks
ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#109 ohthemanatee
Member since 2010 • 8104 Posts

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] Understanding basic words has been done by software programs since like the 80s. Understanding natural language is a much different animal. And that's what MS' smoke and mirrors show promised.kuraimen

revolutionary? no

evolutionary? yes, ergo it's medical applications

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Riverwolf007

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]

"Is a $100,000 system being outsmarted by a $150 toy?" he asked. "Indeed this is the case." He also referred to its usage as a "tremendous step forwards."

"Something we can do three years down the line, we can do it today because of technology that was destined for the gaming industry," he said. "I don't think Microsoft has realized that [Kinect] is something that could change medicine."

http://www.1up.com/news/kinect-medical-research

some people disagree with you.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 kuraimen

Riverwolf007

actually what i said was, "live (xbl? lol) surgeries are already being performed with kinect."

and once again i have to ask. does something require it to get blood on it to be considered used during a surgery?

That is equivalent to saying "live surgeries are already being performed with shoes". Of course shoes are involved since the surgeon is using shoes but the actual surgery is not being done using a shoe. In fact the phrase is pretty misleading.
ForzaGearsFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 ForzaGearsFace

[QUOTE="ForzaGearsFace"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] First of all I'm not angrey. And second why put the phrase "using it to perform surgeries" is used? because THAT would be impressive. But putting "Kinect is being used to pass some slides while doing a surgery" is not so impressive. Just setting things straight for people who easily fall for this kind of ridiculous exaggerations.kuraimen

You mean passing slides? lol that is probably a side effect of all the things that have been done with the PS Eye.

Link to your claims
ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 ohthemanatee

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] First of all I'm not angrey. And second why put the phrase "using it to perform surgeries" is used? because THAT would be impressive. But putting "Kinect is being used to pass some slides while doing a surgery" is not so impressive. Just setting things straight for people who easily fall for this kind of ridiculous exaggerations.kuraimen

That is equivalent to saying "live surgeries are already being performed with shoes". Of course shoes are involved since the surgeon is using shoes but the actual surgery is not being done using a shoe. In fact the phrase is pretty misleading.

so again, you're angry because you misinterpreted a post?

I don't understand, if Kinect is being used to help people and (possibly) saving people's lives... why are you so angry?

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 kuraimen

ohthemanatee

revolutionary? no

evolutionary? yes

A very modest evolution is my guess. Most of what I've seen done with Kinect I had seen it before. The advantage of Kinect is that it became a commecial, highly available product but the tech is nothing new or revolutionary.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 kuraimen

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]actually what i said was, "live (xbl? lol) surgeries are already being performed with kinect."

ohthemanatee

I don't understand, if Kinect is being used to help people and (possibly) saving people's lives... why are you so angry?

Again, I'm not angry. Are you getting angry that I'm not angry or something?
ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 ohthemanatee

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] The point is that Kinect is not doing anything revolutionary like people claim, it is doing what old tech did way before it. We've been hearing about how revolutionary this is from lems since Natal's E3. And we haven't seen anything close to what they promised.kuraimen

revolutionary? no

evolutionary? yes

A very modest evolution is my guess. Most of what I've seen done with Kinect I had seen it before. The advantage of Kinect is that it became a commecial, highly available product but the tech is nothing new or revolutionary.

"Is a $100,000 system being outsmarted by a $150 toy?" he asked. "Indeed this is the case." He also referred to its usage as a "tremendous step forwards."

you were saying?

ForzaGearsFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 ForzaGearsFace
The point is that Kinect is not doing anything revolutionary like people claim, it is doing what old tech did way before it. We've been hearing about how revolutionary this is from lems since Natal's E3. And we haven't seen anything close to what they promised.Is a $100,000 system being outsmarted by a $150 toy?" he asked. "Indeed this is the case." He also referred to its usage as a "tremendous step forwards.Something we can do three years down the line, we can do it today because of technology that was destined for the gaming industry," he said. "I don't think Microsoft has realized that [Kinect] is something that could change medicine."some people disagree with you. Kuricow would say " the pseye can do it just Sony is more focused on delivering exclusives to their core base"
ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 ohthemanatee

Again, I'm not angry. Are you getting angry that I'm not angry or something?kuraimen

these sound pretty angry to me

Oh really can the Kinectimals understand what I say to them in natural language? Well that must be the most incredible breakthrough in science since Einstein's relativity theory or something since they just solved all the problematics of mechanizing sintax, semantics and pragmatics of the natural language in a kids game. Pretty impressive.kuraimen

That's what "using it to perform surgeries" suggest. And in the add they show a sequence using it to defuse bombs which could be equivalent precision-wise to performing a surgery. Don't blame me, it's in that add. But in reality it is actually good to pass some slides WHILE performing surgery or while eating cheetos I don't know.kuraimen

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Riverwolf007

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]actually what i said was, "live (xbl? lol) surgeries are already being performed with kinect."

ohthemanatee

they could get well and buy a 360? i swear it's like the dude does not understand all tech evolves from baby steps.

all people see is kinect and it's all blarglhrgalhargalharg! everything that has to do with kinect is stupid!!!! blargralharg!

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 kuraimen

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]

[QUOTE="ForzaGearsFace"] Yet no one will do these type of things with the move or with the impressive pseyeForzaGearsFace

Link to your claims

The first 2 seconds of this vid shows the PS Eye being used to track hand movement. From there to passing slides using hand movements is basically to write a small program...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-yR5ozxw4E

ForzaGearsFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 ForzaGearsFace
Wow someone looks like they have been
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 kuraimen

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]

these sound pretty angry to me

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] Oh really can the Kinectimals understand what I say to them in natural language? Well that must be the most incredible breakthrough in science since Einstein's relativity theory or something since they just solved all the problematics of mechanizing sintax, semantics and pragmatics of the natural language in a kids game. Pretty impressive.ohthemanatee

That's what "using it to perform surgeries" suggest. And in the add they show a sequence using it to defuse bombs which could be equivalent precision-wise to performing a surgery. Don't blame me, it's in that add. But in reality it is actually good to pass some slides WHILE performing surgery or while eating cheetos I don't know.kuraimen

Well then you have a problem differentiating from anger and sarcasm in written text then.
ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 ohthemanatee

[QUOTE="ForzaGearsFace"][QUOTE="kuraimen"]

kuraimen

Link to your claims

The first 2 seconds of this vid shoes the PS Eye being used to track hand movement. From there to passing slides using hand movements is basically to write a small program... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-yR5ozxw4E

so you claim Kinect isn't impressive.... but that video is supposed to impress us? :|

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4867 Posts

You guys sure are short sighted and generally afraid of any piece of technology that pushes the boundaries and the status quo. I would think I was on an AARP sight if I didn't know better. The great thing about Kinect is that you are basically limited by your imagination. The second SDK was released about a week ago (or at least I downloaded it a week ago). You can code in C++ or C# and the SDK comes with a ton of examples. Early next year, M$ will be releasing a commercial SDK so that developers can sell games and applications using Kinect. I feel confident in saying that Kinect is going to a game changer when its all said and done.

Heck, I don't know why I'm wasting my time talking to you. Afterall, you're the guys who think the Kinect is the same as the eye toy :)

ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 ohthemanatee

Well then you have a problem differentiating from anger and sarcasm in written text then.kuraimen

at least I don't start major fusses when for misinterpreting posts :|

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 kuraimen

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="ForzaGearsFace"] Link to your claimsohthemanatee

The first 2 seconds of this vid shoes the PS Eye being used to track hand movement. From there to passing slides using hand movements is basically to write a small program... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-yR5ozxw4E

so you claim Kinect isn't impressive.... but that video is supposed to impress us? :|

No that video is supposed to show how Kinect is not doing anything special by passing slides.
el3m2tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 el3m2tigre
Member since 2007 • 4232 Posts

It would be nice if kinect was focused more on other uses, instead of gaming....

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 kuraimen

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]

Well then you have a problem differentiating from anger and sarcasm in written text then.ohthemanatee

at least I don't get angry when I misinterpret someone's posts :)

At least not understanding sarcasm doesn't makes me angry :)
ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 ohthemanatee

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] The first 2 seconds of this vid shoes the PS Eye being used to track hand movement. From there to passing slides using hand movements is basically to write a small program... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-yR5ozxw4Ekuraimen

No that video is supposed to show how Kinect is not doing anything special by passing slides.

good thing it does more then that then

good thing it's ahead of motion cameras that cost 10 times as much according to a chief of medicine

ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 ohthemanatee

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]

Well then you have a problem differentiating from anger and sarcasm in written text then.kuraimen

yay that makes two of us

seriously though, try to calm down the next time, posting angrilly never helps your case

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 kuraimen

You guys sure are short sighted and generally afraid of any piece of technology that pushes the boundaries and the status quo. I would think I was on an AARP sight if I didn't know better. The great thing about Kinect is that you are basically limited by your imagination. The second SDK was released about a week ago (or at least I downloaded it a week ago). You can code in C++ or C# and the SDK comes with a ton of examples. Early next year, M$ will be releasing a commercial SDK so that developers can sell games and applications using Kinect. I feel confident in saying that Kinect is going to a game changer when its all said and done.

Heck, I don't know why I'm wasting my time talking to you. Afterall, you're the guys who think the Kinect is the same as the eye toy :)

lhughey
Never did I say that Kinect is the same as the EyeToy. Only that the supposed revolutionary things shown here that were done with Kinect can basically be done with an EyeToy. Until I see someone actually performing surgery or defusing a bomb call me unimpresed. I think the tech could go to that lenght but right now why am I supposed to be impressed by passing slides using hand movements??
Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Vaasman

revolutionary? no

evolutionary? yes

ohthemanatee

you were saying?

"After laughing at the prospect of purchasing a Kinect for research, in so doing, Professor Nikolaos Papanikolopoulos has saved researchers more than $100,000,The Minnesota Dailyreports. Several Kinect devices are being used as a video monitoring system to keep an eye on children playing with toys as part of a collaboration to diagnose mental disorders such as OCD and ADD. Data from the cameras is tweaked and then given to doctors."

Oh man the future is now! :roll:

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 kuraimen

ohthemanatee

yay that makes two of us

seriously though, try to calm down the next time, posting angrilly never helps your case

Right now I'm pretty calm, even laughing :) are you still angry though?
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 kuraimen

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] A very modest evolution is my guess. Most of what I've seen done with Kinect I had seen it before. The advantage of Kinect is that it became a commecial, highly available product but the tech is nothing new or revolutionary.Vaasman

you were saying?

"After laughing at the prospect of purchasing a Kinect for research, in so doing, Professor Nikolaos Papanikolopoulos has saved researchers more than $100,000,The Minnesota Dailyreports. Several Kinect devices are being used as a video monitoring system to keep an eye on children playing with toys as part of a collaboration to diagnose mental disorders such as OCD and ADD. Data from the cameras is tweaked and then given to doctors."

LMFAO!!!! Good one :P
ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 ohthemanatee

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] A very modest evolution is my guess. Most of what I've seen done with Kinect I had seen it before. The advantage of Kinect is that it became a commecial, highly available product but the tech is nothing new or revolutionary.Vaasman

you were saying?

oh noes a hundred thousand dollars has been saved D:

quick, we can't have that

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
Pretty cool I think, I'd have to see the interpretive violin in person to believe that part though...
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

after looking up some more on this i found live (xbl? lol) surgeries are already being performed with kinect.

"Surgeons at Sunnybrook hospital are employing video-game technology to scroll through medical images during operations, using nothing more than hand gestures resembling tai chi.

An engineering team used a Microsoft Xbox Kinect, a hands-free gaming console, to allow doctors to quickly access MRIs and CT scans without leaving the sterile field around the patient.

"What this was able to do is take away that last barrier and remove the mouse, remove the interface . . . and now I just give it hand signs," said Dr. Calvin Law, a surgical oncologist. "We're able to control the computer without actually touching anything."

http://www.healthzone.ca/health/newsfeatures/article/960393--video-game-technology-tried-in-operating-room?bn=1

Riverwolf007

The surgery isn't performed using kinect. Scrolling through the MRIs and CT scans is though.

yah i kinda got that from the part in the story where they say "Surgeons at Sunnybrook hospital are employing video-game technology to scroll through medical images during operations, using nothing more than hand gestures resembling tai chi.

in sw tools you use to complete a surgery do not count?

kinda like games we don't like?

Man this is reaching so far. Hey the vehicle that brought the patient there helped with the surgery to, infact the patient did as well because without him there wouldn't be one.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 kuraimen

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]

you were saying?

ohthemanatee

Weren't you guys laughing when Sony called the PS3 a supercomputer? Well many labs have saved thousands of dollars (a Cell BE server for processing costs around $10000 and $15000) using $500 dollar gaming machines.
ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 ohthemanatee

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]"After laughing at the prospect of purchasing a Kinect for research, in so doing, Professor Nikolaos Papanikolopoulos has saved researchers more than $100,000,The Minnesota Dailyreports. Several Kinect devices are being used as a video monitoring system to keep an eye on children playing with toys as part of a collaboration to diagnose mental disorders such as OCD and ADD. Data from the cameras is tweaked and then given to doctors."

kuraimen

Weren't you guys laughing when Sony called the PS3 a supercomputer? Well many labs have saved thousands of dollars (a Cell BE server for processing costs around $10000 and $15000) using $500 dollar gaming machines.

if you can find a post of my saying this, feel free to quote me

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4867 Posts

[QUOTE="lhughey"]

kuraimen

Never did I say that Kinect is the same as the EyeToy. Only that the supposed revolutionary things shown here that were done with Kinect can basically be done with an EyeToy. Until I see someone actually performing surgery or defusing a bomb call me unimpresed. I think the tech could go to that lenght but right now why am I supposed to be impressed by passing slides using hand movements??

If you are only impressed with things that have never been done before, you you must not be impressed with a lot of things. I would like to get a 911 some day, however, you are probably not at all impressed with them. I mean, seriously, horses have been transporting people for thousands of years. Right?

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 kuraimen

ohthemanatee

if you can find a post of my saying this, feel free to quote me

Nah, I trust you.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 kuraimen
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="lhughey"]

lhughey

If you are only impressed with things that have never been done before, you you must not be impressed with a lot of things. I would like to get a 911 some day soon, however, you are probably not at all impressed with them. I mean, seriously, horses have been transporting people for thousands of years. Right?

I mean when I see something that actually has to use the 3dimensionality of the camera in a good way rather than just motion which can be done with many different types of cameras. Would anyone be impressed if I show a nicer dorknob for a door than the one that was there before? No, it will impress people if you actually show a different way to open the door.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 kuraimen

gotta love the Derpy Butthurt Cows on here trying to disregard these facts and information by saying "huuur duuur its not a doctor forum deeerrrrp!!!" seriously guys grow the **** up, where were you guys when doctors started using the wii fit board for patients because it was more accurate and cheaper, nowhere because it was Nintendo and you have no vendetta against them. But if its 360 you go all " BURN THEMMMMM!!!" mode. effing nerds.

AlphaJC
To clarify I'm not complaining that someone saved money by using Kinect. Just about the ridiculous claims done here about the use of Kinect. At least if you're gonna brag use something substantial or just leave it at the saving money part.
ForzaGearsFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 ForzaGearsFace
Bottom line is cows would eat up the kinect and love it on the ps3!
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 kuraimen
Bottom line is cows would eat up the kinect and love it on the ps3! ForzaGearsFace
Not really, they haven't been too nice with the PS Move :P
Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Vaasman

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]

you were saying?

ohthemanatee

Fun fact, if you pay any doctor anywhere in the world the right amount of money, they will say anything. What they've done is cut out an excessively expensive monitoring system to use the kinect. If that was all they wanted to use it for, they could save even more money by buying a freaking webcam. The kinect in that example wasn't even used for anything that involves movement.

Teh future!

If kinect were actually being used in advanced medical procedures or to do something that wasn't possible in medicine with a plain old mouse and keyboard, I might be more excited and impressed.

ForzaGearsFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 ForzaGearsFace
[QUOTE="ForzaGearsFace"]Bottom line is cows would eat up the kinect and love it on the ps3! kuraimen
Not really, they haven't been too nice with the PS Move :P

Move is a failure and not revolutionary like the kinect sorry
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Riverwolf007

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]"After laughing at the prospect of purchasing a Kinect for research, in so doing, Professor Nikolaos Papanikolopoulos has saved researchers more than $100,000,The Minnesota Dailyreports. Several Kinect devices are being used as a video monitoring system to keep an eye on children playing with toys as part of a collaboration to diagnose mental disorders such as OCD and ADD. Data from the cameras is tweaked and then given to doctors."

kuraimen

lol, so i'm guessing those labs were shut down when sony removed other os which is what allowed ps3s to be networked that way?

ForzaGearsFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 ForzaGearsFace

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]

Vaasman

Fun fact, if you pay any doctor anywhere in the world the right amount of money, they will say anything. What they've done is cut out an excessively expensive monitoring system to use the kinect. If that was all they wanted to use it for, they could save even more money by buying a freaking webcam. The kinect in that example wasn't even used for anything that involves movement.

Teh future!

If kinect were actually being used in advanced medical procedures or to do something that wasn't possible in medicine with a plain old mouse and keyboard, I might be more excited and impressed.

Oh now it's a conspiracy lol, I guess the thousand Of other uses and the demand of sdk is just smoke and mirrors. Sorry you look like you are desperately trying to make the kinect out to be the eyetoy