MS has Halo Master Chief, Nintendo has Mario Bros, What does PS3 Have?

• 172 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GiantMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 GiantMuffin
Member since 2009 • 420 Posts

This topic again? Really? I thought this would be one of those 2007 threads that keeps bumping. This topic has been done to death.

Someone replies saying Snake then someone says Snake isn't exclusive then someone says oh but he's been mainly on Playstation consoles then someone else says that doesn't matter he's not exclusive bla bla.

Then others say Kratos, Ratchet etc. and other people say they're not as popular as Master Chief or Mario so that means PS3 sucks because it doesn't have a main character etc.

Just stop.

channtheman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 channtheman1
Member since 2007 • 1176 Posts
[QUOTE="tonitorsi"]

Kratos. Followed by Drake.

dotWithShoes
You missed his point.. Go out on the street and ask anyone who Mario or Master Chief is(maybe not so much the Chief) and they'll 99% of the time know... ask em who Kratos or Drake is... good luck :)

Nintendo is the really the only one with a well known mascot. Master Chief's popularity has been overblown by the gaming community. Mario, however, is known everywhere. Even my parents know who Mario is. They would have no clue who Master Chief or what Halo is though.
snakes3425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

#153 snakes3425
Member since 2008 • 1508 Posts

Master Chief is unoficially MS's mascot.

As for Playstation you forgot one character: Crash Bandicoot before he was ported. As for Sony's current mascot: I would have to say Solid Snake, Metal Gear Solid has been around since the days of the PS 1, or Kratos

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#154 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

They don't really have one but in terms of how many games Ratchet and Clank because they have had about 2 games on the PS3, 5 on the PS2 including Size Matters. Kratos would be next because of his appearence in the PSP game of Soul Calibur Broken Destiny and God of War Chains of Olympus on PSP and the 2 God of War games on PS2 and the upcoming God of War 3 on the PS3.

Snake isn't a Playstation mascot he has appeared in Super Smash Bros Brawl and there were game on the early Nintendo systems.

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#155 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts
Kratos should be imo... but I thought one time Sony had said Sackboy was their 'mascot'?
rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#156 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts
Drake, or Kratos. I prefer Drake though, Uncharted 2 made me love his character even more. : )
Rza_rectah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Rza_rectah
Member since 2005 • 3959 Posts
[QUOTE="DeadEndPanda"]

to be fair

nintendo has

zelda and mario

but if your talking about on the lvl of master chief, then i would say samus.

zelda and mario are more iconic.

while sony has kratos... which IS kinda lame.

Snake is Awesome, but not first party

and drake is to new that anyone would ever compare him to any mascot or iconic character.

You play animal crossing and kratos is lame really now?
xXSecksXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 xXSecksXx
Member since 2007 • 468 Posts

A generic green soldier wearing a motorcycle helmet that has no personality doesn't do Microsoft any justice.

Eggimannd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Eggimannd
Member since 2009 • 1734 Posts

Playstation doesn't really have a mascot but if I had to go for one I'd go for Kratos.

PrimusGears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 PrimusGears
Member since 2008 • 1594 Posts

Playstation doesn't really have a mascot but if I had to go for one I'd go for Kratos.

Eggimannd

yeah he would make for a good mascot, but lets release a game already on the PS3 to have a mascot....

Alpha-Male22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Alpha-Male22
Member since 2008 • 3782 Posts

[QUOTE="Eggimannd"]

PrimusGears

yeah he would make for a good mascot, but lets release a game already on the PS3 to have a mascot....

Why on earth are you looking for a PS3 mascot now? We answered your original question :S

If you want this generation, we also gave you Nathan Drake and Sackboy

TenP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#163 TenP
Member since 2006 • 3338 Posts

Crash Bandicoot will always be Sony's mascot for me, I don't care that Vivendi ****ed it up.

PrimusGears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 PrimusGears
Member since 2008 • 1594 Posts

[QUOTE="PrimusGears"]

[QUOTE="Eggimannd"]

Alpha-Male22

Why on earth are you looking for a PS3 mascot now? We answered your original question :S

If you want this generation, we also gave you Nathan Drake and Sackboy

well ok then.....

PSGamerforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 PSGamerforlife
Member since 2009 • 862 Posts

If MAster Chief counts for MS when he is on PC, then Snake would count for Sony.

I'd say Snake if MC counts but I generally find with Sony, they rarely stick with 1 mascot. They have a pretty diverse collection IMO as opposed to a superstar like Mario.

Crash and Spyro were great for the PSOne, but both dev teams moved to Jak and Ratchet who both represented the PS2 well, then along came Kratos to give Sony that edgy character, and now we have Nathan Drake.

Across all three Playstations, Snake remains the most popular. As for each generation, Sony is always introducing new characters, and I find they all appeal to a great diversity of fans.

Oh, my, and how can I forget Sweet Tooth? Now that's one creepy character.

-Sweet Tooth

-Kratos

-Snake

-Sackboy

-Crash

-Jak

-Ratchet

-Spyro

-Nathan Drake

Sony is not recognizable through that one mascot or that one game. I appreciate the console being the mascot to itself, and the characters being a family of the Playstation Brand.

Alpha-Male22

This is EXACTLY it.

There is nothing more to say.

Generalmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#166 Generalmojo
Member since 2008 • 3670 Posts

Crash Bandicoot will always be Sony's mascot for me, I don't care that Vivendi ****ed it up.

TenP

Crash will always be in our hearts :x

to remeber it ive kept it as my PSN avatar lol

Lantern-Cusp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#167 Lantern-Cusp
Member since 2009 • 739 Posts

GOD OF WAR guy? Snake? I mean these guys have nothing on Master Chief, or Mario, and the proof is in the pudding. Just look at sales and hype, nothing comes even close to Mario, or Master Chief on the PS3. Maybe thats why its in last place....

PrimusGears

Master Chief is a lame, Kratos-Drake-Snake-Sackboy are all superior ( so much more character/passion/emotion etc ). How can you even compare Chief to Mario?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3c81036be81
deactivated-5f3c81036be81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 deactivated-5f3c81036be81
Member since 2009 • 582 Posts

to tell you the truth mate, if you asked alot of middle aged people, those that know little about video games they wouldnt know who master chief is at all, but they would know who mario is andsortta know donkey kong.but masterchief... they wouldnt have a clue.

whatisazerg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 whatisazerg
Member since 2009 • 2371 Posts

Snake, nathan drake, kratos, sackboy. How many do u need me to name??? Master chief sucks and Mario is lameCrispenz

LOL at your list.... I can't believe that you honestly believe that any of those characters are well known names outside in the real world.... like someone else said... go out on the street and ask random people... "Do you know who Mario is?" "Do you know that Master Chief guy?" and most people will know who they are.

Go out and say "Do you know Snake"? They'll say.. "You mean the animal?"

"Do you know Nathan Drake?".... "umm.... I work with the name Nathan... don't know his last name though... is that who you mean?"

"Well what about Kratos... do you know him?" ..... *person gives a strange look, and shrugs shoulders*

"Okay, then... how about Sackboy?"..... "Oh I know this one..... he's that football guy right?"

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#170 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61511 Posts

Kratos, Nathan Drake, Sackboy, Jak/Daxter, Ratchet

DeadEndPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 DeadEndPanda
Member since 2008 • 2358 Posts

[QUOTE="Crispenz"]Snake, nathan drake, kratos, sackboy. How many do u need me to name??? Master chief sucks and Mario is lamewhatisazerg

LOL at your list.... I can't believe that you honestly believe that any of those characters are well known names outside in the real world.... like someone else said... go out on the street and ask random people... "Do you know who Mario is?" "Do you know that Master Chief guy?" and most people will know who they are.

Go out and say "Do you know Snake"? They'll say.. "You mean the animal?"

"Do you know Nathan Drake?".... "umm.... I work with the name Nathan... don't know his last name though... is that who you mean?"

"Well what about Kratos... do you know him?" ..... *person gives a strange look, and shrugs shoulders*

"Okay, then... how about Sackboy?"..... "Oh I know this one..... he's that football guy right?"

this.

and i belive almost annyone knows mario. tbh

even my granpa knows him lol

master chief is also well know. but hes probably on the same lvl as link

many americans know him i guess, but in other parts of the world it isnt that big.

mario is universal however

araksik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 araksik
Member since 2009 • 537 Posts

Imho, the great thing about PS is that it doesn't have only one mascot, there's so many.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#173 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20132 Posts

The simple answer is it can't. Playstaion games are so varied it can't be assigned a mascot.