Most Overrated game of all Time. Mine's Zelda OoT

This topic is locked from further discussion.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#151 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18260 Posts

[QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

[QUOTE="Snyper-007"] lemme guess Kratos would have to save the princess :roll:

Snyper-007

It would be better than Kratos has to kill daddy :D

Thats a great story imo

In fact, they should also give Ratchet to Nintendo, maybe then those games would be worth again :D

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

Modern Warfare 2

Snyper-007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Snyper-007
Member since 2011 • 900 Posts

[QUOTE="Snyper-007"]

[QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

It would be better than Kratos has to kill daddy :D

madsnakehhh

Thats a great story imo

In fact, they should also give Ratchet to Nintendo, maybe then those games would be worth again :D

Nintendo should give Zelda to Sony, maybe now it wont be an 8.8 flop, and have Naughty Dog develop it

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18260 Posts

[QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

[QUOTE="Snyper-007"] Thats a great story imo

Snyper-007

Nintendo should give Zelda to Sony, maybe now it wont be an 8.8 flop, and have Naughty Dog develop it

Yeah, that way it won't be an 8.8 anymore, but an 8.5 :D

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#157 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="Twin-Blade"]

TC, how can you rate:

• SMG2 - 1.5
  • LoZ: TP - 1.5
  • Final Fantasy VIII - 2.5
  • Assassins Creed 2 - 7.5
  • Mass Effect - 7.5

Yet:

• Wii Sports Resort - 8.5

Did you honestly find Wii Sports Resort to be better than all the above?

Shielder7

Lol! I noticed this months ago when he made fun of SMG2 with his overrated thread. He just loves to attack ninty fanboy's.He's just taking advantage of all the people that hateNinty.

Yeah except for the fact Dragon Age was my first choice and COD Black Ops replaced SMG 2 as my 2ed, but god forbid I place just 1 nintendo game in my top 3 overrated games this gen. Maybe you're just seeing what you want to see and FYI stop trolling me.

I'm not trying to troll you. I just don't think nobody should be looking at your threads anymore because of the ways you try to show your hate. Who cares if the game is the most overrated in the world anyway.Just don't make loads of threads proclaiming x game is overrated.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#158 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

[QUOTE="Shielder7"][QUOTE="super600"]

Lol! I noticed this months ago when he made fun of SMG2 with his overrated thread. He just loves to attack ninty fanboy's.He's just taking advantage of all the people that hateNinty.

super600

Yeah except for the fact Dragon Age was my first choice and COD Black Ops replaced SMG 2 as my 2ed, but god forbid I place just 1 nintendo game in my top 3 overrated games this gen. Maybe you're just seeing what you want to see and FYI stop trolling me.

I'm not trying to troll you. I just don't think nobody should belooking at your threads anymore.

So in other words you're trolling me Go Away pl
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#159 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#160 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

It is overrated,in a way.

I mean,i've been playing this game since late 2001,but didn't realise how old t looks 'till a year ago.

It's great,it's magical,but by now it's overrated yes.

I don't agree with your points though,story's a great medieval fairytale,music is one of the most memorable.

TheEpicGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 TheEpicGoat
Member since 2011 • 2006 Posts

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Dragon Age: Origins dat jawn be borin compared to the sequel.

theuncharted34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 theuncharted34
Member since 2010 • 14529 Posts

ocarina of time? overrated? lulz.

it's easily one of the best games of all time.

if you really want to talk about overrated games look at the call of duty series or gta 4.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23986 Posts

I really dont understand why people say everything is overrated. Almost like stating everyone else's opinion is wrong. I can tell you something, if there is one thing that is overrated in this world it is the word overrated and nothing else.

I personally thought Oblivion was a complete piece of trash, but is it overrated? no.

Did you play it when it came out?

It's not overrated in the way you're suggesting, however Majora's Mask does not deserve to be in its shadow.

skrat_01

Unfortunately that seems to be common with several Nintendo IPs. With the best games in individual franchises being in other's shadows.

Super Mario: Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island>Super Mario World
Zelda: Majora's Mask>OoT
Metroid: Super Metroid>Metroid Prime
Fire Emblem: Fire Emblem 4>Fire Emblem 7 (to be fair, Fire Emblem 4 was never released outside Japan)

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#164 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I think we all can agree that the first Zelda game was a gem, but for me it's been pretty much downhill ever since. Not a downhill spiral by any means, but a slow drawn out repetitive one. OoT was probably my biggest disappointment in the series; it wasn't a bad game buy any means, but a 10/10 I don't think so more like a 7.5/10 and I'm being generous.

1.The story felt kinda flat and didn't really fit in well with the series at the time "now it's all just all complete mess".

2. The whole music thing I never really got and just found it annoying.

3. The ending was blaa and to tell the truth I never really understood it or maybe I just don't want to.

4. The lack of voice acting is understandable considering this is the N64 days, but other Zelda games after it have no excuse.

5. The game play was good but static to say the least.

5. To me OoT was repetitive enough to feel stale, but different enough so not to hit that Nostalgia spot. Like I said it wasn't a bad game by any means, but hardly anything innoventive and certainly not the best game of all time I wouldn't even consider it the best Zelda game not even in my top 5.

Your most Overrated game?

Shielder7

1. Timeline isn't considered when making a zelda story.

2. The game has some of the best music to ever grace a game. I don't know what you were playing.

3. It wasn't difficult to understand.

4. That has nothing to do with the game itself.

5. it wasn't very repetitive.

For me, the most ovverated games ever include any CoD after MW, and Red dead Redemption. The story was meh and the campaign was far too short. Also, there was a severe lack of interesting post game content.

catfishmoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 catfishmoon23
Member since 2005 • 5197 Posts

ocarina of time? overrated? lulz.

it's easily one of the best games of all time.

if you really want to talk about overrated games look at the call of duty series or gta 4.

theuncharted34

I started playing it via the virtual console on the Wii, but never finished. I'm probably going to buy it for 3DS though (I no longer have it on because I deleted my account off of my Wii because I was thinking of selling it lol).

On a side note, I finally bought MGS4 :P.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Shielder7

1Timeline isn't considered when making a zelda story.

2. The game has some of the best music to ever grace a game. I don't know what you were playing.

For me, the most ovverated games ever include any CoD after MW, and Red dead Redemption. The story was meh and the campaign was far too short. Also, there was a severe lack of interesting post game content.

turtlethetaffer

1. Agreed some what, but they should just come out and say it's a reboot instead of insisting it's all linked

2. I was playing OoT you consider it the best, I consider it lacking especially when compaired to some of the others. Opinions are fun

3. I thought it was or at least not very wel told. sillily opinions

4. Was nether a positive or negative point so why would you bring that up?

5. I thought it was thoes Opinions again eh...

I disliked OoT and considered it lacking for the same reasons you disliked Red dead Redemption, but I liked Red dead Redemption diffrent strokes for diffrent folks. IMO OoTs diddent hold up to it's predecesores. To me The Atmosphere, Story and Game Play of OoT were mediocre.

SpaceKobura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 SpaceKobura
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

I think we all can agree that the first Zelda game was a gem, but for me it's been pretty much downhill ever since. Not a downhill spiral by any means, but a slow drawn out repetitive one. OoT was probably my biggest disappointment in the series; it wasn't a bad game buy any means, but a 10/10 I don't think so more like a 7.5/10 and I'm being generous.

The story felt kinda flat and didn't really fit in well with the series at the time "now it's all just all complete mess".

The whole music thing I never really got and just found it annoying.

The ending was blaa and to tell the truth I never really understood it or maybe I just don't want to.

The lack of voice acting is understandable considering this is the N64 days, but other Zelda games after it have no excuse.

The game play was good but static to say the least.

To me OoT was repetitive enough to feel stale, but different enough so not to hit that Nostalgia spot. Like I said it wasn't a bad game by any means, but hardly anything innoventive and certainly not the best game of all time I wouldn't even consider it the best Zelda game not even in my top 5.

Shielder7
WHAT? If you just played it yesterday, and on an N64 and not in high res on an emulator, then I could see your point. But if you played this game when it came out in the 90s, there is no way you could say it didn't break all expectations and set a new standard for videogames.
SpaceKobura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 SpaceKobura
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Not to mention OOT was one of the first free roaming console games, had a lot of exploration, night to day transitions etc. Get off my lawn.
Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#169 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

[QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"] 1Timeline isn't considered when making a zelda story.

Shielder7

1. Agreed some what, but they should just come out and say it's a reboot instead of insisting it's all linked

2. I was playing OoT you consider it the best, I consider it lacking especially when compaired to some of the others. Opinions are fun

3. I thought it was or at least not very wel told. sillily opinions

4. Was nether a positive or negative point so why would you bring that up?

5. I thought it was thoes Opinions again eh...

I disliked OoT and considered it lacking for the same reasons you disliked Red dead Redemption, but I liked Red dead Redemption diffrent strokes for diffrent folks. IMO OoTs diddent hold up to it's predecesores. To me The Atmosphere, Story and Game Play of OoT were mediocre.

1. Why does it matter?

4. You said that the fact that the other games in the series had no voice acting is a negative about OoT in you r OP...

Rest are opinions, I was telling you why I think you're wrong.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

Mass effect 2 hand down.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

TheEpicGoat

Did you just say DA2>DA:O?

*faints*

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Shielder7
[QUOTE="SpaceKobura"] WHAT? If you just played it yesterday, and on an N64 and not in high res on an emulator, then I could see your point. But if you played this game when it came out in the 90s, there is no way you could say it didn't break all expectations and set a new standard for videogames.

Sure there is because I did and I am. It was a long time ago that I played it, but one memory sticks out with me saying "This ending sucks and the story is bla"
strangeisland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 strangeisland
Member since 2009 • 1153 Posts

God of War 3 and GTA 4

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#174 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

Have to agree with Half Life 2.

mellodude12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 mellodude12
Member since 2011 • 183 Posts
hands down its gears of war for me. Clunky movements. The controls just feel weird. Cliche big meat head space marines vs aliens story. I mean it wouldn't be such a big problem if Gears didn't do it soo damn poorly. They add nothing interesting or anything of their own to it. Boring characters and the same old boring ameplay. No creativity what so ever. Small environments. I'm suprised Gears can't render better graphics considering how small the environments are and how little number of enemies they have on screen. It's the 360 hardware holding them back IMO. Gears is just the definition of generic over hyped garbage. I played the beta for gears 3 for about 20 minutes before i went back running to to Uncharted 2.
mellodude12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 mellodude12
Member since 2011 • 183 Posts

God of War 3 and GTA 4

strangeisland
God of war 3?! Lol no. God of War 3 has THE best immersive and epic boss battles of this generation. Stunning graphics and scale only possible on a ps3
Funconsole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#177 Funconsole
Member since 2009 • 3223 Posts

For me it's MGS4.

Seriously, the game's a 7/10 at best (A 5/10 if we judge it as a movie since it's certainly got enough cutscenes to be one :P ).

klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#179 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts

For me it would have to be Killzone 2.

TheEpicGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 TheEpicGoat
Member since 2011 • 2006 Posts

[QUOTE="TheEpicGoat"]

N30F3N1X

Did you just say DA2>DA:O?

*faints*

Story yeah, gameplay not so much

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#181 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

Finaly Fantasy VII. Part of this is because I didn't play it when I first came out, but despite trying to get through it several times, I just find it boring.

Arthas017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#182 Arthas017
Member since 2010 • 295 Posts

The story felt kinda flat and didn't really fit in well with the series at the time "now it's all just all complete mess".

The ending was blaa and to tell the truth I never really understood it or maybe I just don't want to.

The lack of voice acting is understandable considering this is the N64 days, but other Zelda games after it have no excuse.

To me OoT was repetitive enough to feel stale, but different enough so not to hit that Nostalgia spot. Like I said it wasn't a bad game by any means, but hardly anything innoventive and certainly not the best game of all time I wouldn't even consider it the best Zelda game not even in my top 5.

Shielder7
It doesn't look like you've been around videgames for a long time, OoT is actually one of the best games ever created, and that my friend is a fact.
lordreaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 lordreaven
Member since 2005 • 7239 Posts

CoD. (It's just trash, nuff said)

ME2 (Designed for CoD players, and Bioware LOVES to use the KOTOR story alot, though to be fair, it did use less of it this time around))

FF *insert number*

GTA IV (Becasue having a winning formula with San Andreas means throw it the window, but Lost and the Damned was EXCELLENT!)

Fallout 3 (as much as I like it, New Vegas beats it up and steals it's lunch money)

Metal Gear Solid 4 (Never liked MGS from the start to be fair)

But now that I have a list, lets be honest. This will just turn into fanboy wars, with people mentioning other popular games to just get attention. I honestly feel what I said about the list (MGS 4 is only there as I never liked the Franchise, but giving it 10/10 is absurd).

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Shielder7
[QUOTE="Shielder7"]

Arthas017
It doesn't look like you've been around videgames for a long time, OoT is actually one of the best games ever created, and that my friend is a fact.

Actually thats an opinion and I have been around for a long time probably longer than you.
Arthas017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#185 Arthas017
Member since 2010 • 295 Posts
[QUOTE="Arthas017"][QUOTE="Shielder7"]

Shielder7

Actually thats an opinion and I have been around for a long time probably longer than you.

Fair enough, I'd like you to share which one is a 10/10 game then
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#186 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
Half-Life 2. Superb and very significant game, but the GOAT status it's given is overblown.
WTA2k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#187 WTA2k5
Member since 2005 • 3999 Posts

Probably Red Dead Redemption. Pretty much the only thing it has going for it is its setting (which isn't even all that historically accurate), and its protagonist. Other than that, the gameplay isn't all that engaging, the story is pretty poorly paced, and there's tons of little graphical glitches. Rockstar set a pretty high standard for open world games with San Andreas and Grand Theft Auto IV, and Red Dead Redemption really didn't live up to it.

TigerWars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 TigerWars
Member since 2011 • 427 Posts
[QUOTE="da_illest101"]

zelda is probably the most overrated series of all time, I never saw what was the appeal of zelda game back in the nintendo day, still don't see it today

but i think the most overrated game of all time should go to gta 4

w-what....what games DO you like?
bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts

Shielder7

You're certainly entitled to your opinion and all but what? What exactly was 'annoying'?

Anyways to answer the question Gran Theft Auto 4 IMO was not all that great

nsctsunomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 nsctsunomi
Member since 2010 • 234 Posts

Mine is The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Half-Life 2 because game critcis and players claim these games to be the greatest games.

In truth of the matter i did play the game with really high expectations, but o truly thought those games were great, but not the "so called greatest game" ever.

Mii_ller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Mii_ller
Member since 2011 • 238 Posts

COD

It's a good game, but way to overrated. It's like most other shooters. people say Nintendo reuses the same game ideas too much, but look at Cod. their making an 8th one.

And OOT is a great game. Your just a goat who is miss informed and delusional.

edo-tensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 edo-tensei
Member since 2007 • 4581 Posts

Mine is The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Half-Life 2 because game critcis and players claim these games to be the greatest games.

In truth of the matter i did play the game with really high expectations, but o truly thought those games were great, but not the "so called greatest game" ever.

nsctsunomi

That's because you didn't play it when it came out, it was ahead of it's time and it's still relevant today. Deserves all the praise it gets.

Moloch121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Moloch121
Member since 2008 • 677 Posts

Call of Duty series. May have been good once but ever since Modern Warfare the series just became garbage. While I'm into shooters myself unless if it's Battlefield, Team Fortress 2 or Crysis 1 I still can't help but hate CoD. It's the same game in a different setting. It's community is just horrible no matter if it's on a console or PC. It's an ugly game. Which is what you should expect considering the game wants to stay at 60 fps they have to sacrifice actually making the game look pretty. Shooters are the one genre where I want graphics to be amazing and driving games,

GTA IV. I bought it on sale on Steam for $10 with the two dlc stories. I don't see the big deal. I LOVE III, Vice City and San Andreas. But IV I don't care for. I don't see the big deal. It's still ugly the character models really look bad. The story is nothing special I guess it's better then Saints Row but everyone who plays it hails it as the best game ever.

As for Ocarina of Time being overrated?! What is wrong with you OP? If you are infact old enough to have played games from the 80's then you should know how amazing OoT is!

1. It was the first 3D Zelda game. Since the original Legend of Zelda until OoT we only played a 2D game and a lot of people were worried how it would turn it. It lived up to the Zelda name.

2. It gave us a targetting system, the game had a context sensitive button so the game could do more! Stand on a stump and play with the skullkids, jump off a ledge, grab a chicken etc. It was ahead of it's time!

3. It made the game more about Link. We learned more about Link and Zelda and the world. We saw Link change and Hyrule changed as well. It gave us a story like no other because off the established lore we learned so much of the history of the world and everyone important.

4. The timeskips unlike in DA2 actually added to the gameplay! Remember the forest temple? How awesome was that traveling back in time to get items to access it. The Ocarina was made given such an important role that I would have never imagined. After aging for those seven years the world just seemed darker. It was more mature and the atmoshpere added so much to the game.

5. Music in a game has never been so amazing. Spawning orchestra to play music from the Zelda games and even the great John Williams who created the score to Star Wars. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-qmF1_SnDkIt's beautiful to think what Zelda has created.

6. The environments to the game in full 3D really left an impression on the player. When I first saw Zora's den. It was just great and coming back as adult Link and see it frozen left me wondering what happened. When I first saw the desert and the music playing I was astounded.

Needles to say Legend of Zelda is my favorite series ever. Even more then Baldur's Gate or Mass Effect or The Witcher. The nostalgia for one is something no other game can create. Miyamoto is a genius. Each and every Zelda game has introduce something innovative and always been a great game. Ever since Zelda II Nintendo never tried changing the formula too much. Just adding on to the game was enough.

My favorite Zelda's in order OoT > Windwaker > LttP > TP > MC.

Avatar image for ChrisSpartan117
ChrisSpartan117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 ChrisSpartan117
Member since 2008 • 4519 Posts

As someone who has actually played it, I'd say it isn't so much as overrate as much as it has aged badly. And it's not like other Ninty games have aged as bad as that one, I still enjoy SMB3 from time to time...though that's a 2D game....

meatgrinderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#195 meatgrinderz
Member since 2010 • 1329 Posts

GTA IV. It's just boring. And Half Life 2. Maybe it would have been more fun if I played it when it came out instead of years later on the Orange Box...it felt clunky, outdated, dull.

Captainqwark10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Captainqwark10
Member since 2011 • 1170 Posts
[QUOTE="mellodude12"]hands down its gears of war for me. Clunky movements. The controls just feel weird. Cliche big meat head space marines vs aliens story. I mean it wouldn't be such a big problem if Gears didn't do it soo damn poorly. They add nothing interesting or anything of their own to it. Boring characters and the same old boring ameplay. No creativity what so ever. Small environments. I'm suprised Gears can't render better graphics considering how small the environments are and how little number of enemies they have on screen. It's the 360 hardware holding them back IMO. Gears is just the definition of generic over hyped garbage. I played the beta for gears 3 for about 20 minutes before i went back running to to Uncharted 2.

You say you played the game. Let me ask you, where in the game did they say the Locust were aliens?
nsctsunomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 nsctsunomi

[QUOTE="nsctsunomi"]

edo-tensei

That's because you didn't play it when it came out, it was ahead of it's time and it's still relevant today. Deserves all the praise it gets.

If it's still relevant today, then it would be still considered to be best game ever.

I played it and i don't think it stands the time like Super Mario Bros. 1 and 3 or The Elders Scroll IV: Oblivion. Not to mention The Elders Scroll V: Skyrim is coming in November 11th 2011.

hensothor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 hensothor
Member since 2011 • 522 Posts
I don't like OoT, but damn if I'll say it's not a masterpiece. I love Half-Life 2, and I didn't initially. It's a masterpiece as well. I just think a lot of people don't get what makes these games so great.
nsctsunomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 nsctsunomi

I don't like OoT, but damn if I'll say it's not a masterpiece. I love Half-Life 2, and I didn't initially. It's a masterpiece as well. I just think a lot of people don't get what makes these games so great. hensothor

I played Half-Life 2 on PC, i thought it was great, but people are claiming it to be "the so called greatest game ever".

Already the same developers "Value" have claimed "Portal 2" is their greatest single game ever made.

Captainqwark10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Captainqwark10
Member since 2011 • 1170 Posts

[QUOTE="nsctsunomi"]

edo-tensei

It was not ahead of its time.